HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread IV (Playoffs?!?! Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 06:27 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

Andrews may end up having to repair multiple ligaments

Old
01-08-2013, 06:42 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Happier news:

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefter

As @briancoz and ESPN Dallas report, Cowboys have fired DC Rob Ryan.

Old
01-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Edit: See above

Old
01-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Ovechkins Wodka

so many people giving different time tables for his recovery. No one but Andrews and RG3 really know whats going on in that office.

Old
01-08-2013, 07:15 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Tim MacMahon‏@espn_macmahon

Rob Ryan confirms he's fired. "I'll be out of work for like 5 minutes," he said.

What a ****.

Old
01-08-2013, 07:16 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Not Skins related, just funny:

Craig Ellenport‏@ellenport

At CBS #SB47 presser, Bill Cowher was asked if he'd ever get a Roethlisberger tattoo. Cowher's reply: "At least he won me a Super Bowl."

Old
01-08-2013, 07:21 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Chick Hernandez‏@CHICKatCSN

Team source tells me RGIII will have surgery tomorrow to repair torn LCL. They can't tell right now if the tear is completely off the bone.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

http://twitter.com/DanHellie/statuse...40745127915520
Quote:
Surgeon who worked/trained w/ Dr. Andrews told me chances of RG3 getting reconstructive ACL surgery in addition to LCL is close to 100%
http://twitter.com/DanHellie/statuse...41687374102528
Quote:
9-12 months RT @Lisa_LBR: @DanHellie What did the surgeon say about likely recovery time?
Thanks, Shanahan!

Old
01-08-2013, 09:28 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Cousins or Vick?

Old
01-08-2013, 09:57 PM
MoJoSauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
Cousins or Vick?
I bet Vick could run the read option very well. Hell if our receivers get open like they were at times this season Vick could be back in the pro bowl

Old
01-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Cousins. Don't even know if we have $ to sign Vick.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoSauce View Post
I bet Vick could run the read option very well. Hell if our receivers get open like they were at times this season Vick could be back in the pro bowl
The read option would require Vick being able to read a defense.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:18 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post

Thanks, Shanahan!
Shanahan gets a share of the blame, but Griffin gets a share as well. It is what it is though. Blessing in desguise maybe. Kid gets this dumb macho **** out of his system while he spends the next year rehabing.

And Vick won't come cheap. And don't need a dog abusing ****** around like that anyway ****ing with Cousins.

Upgrade the defense and unleash a Morris heavy offense with Cousins doing his best Matt Schaub impersonation.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Redskins QB Robert Griffin III will undergo total reconstruction of knee for complete tear of ACL and LCL. Recovery projection: 6-8 mos.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:43 AM
BrettXNA*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Shanahan gets a share of the blame, but Griffin gets a share as well. It is what it is though. Blessing in desguise maybe. Kid gets this dumb macho **** out of his system while he spends the next year rehabing.

And Vick won't come cheap. And don't need a dog abusing ****** around like that anyway ****ing with Cousins.

Upgrade the defense and unleash a Morris heavy offense with Cousins doing his best Matt Schaub impersonation.
I like to think they would never aqquire Vick - but if they did I would have to seriously reconsider watching any Redskins games at all while he was here.
Guys a piece of crap human being and qb. Keep him far away from the Redskins please.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:07 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

6-8 months sure seems optimistic for surgery like that. PFT timeline says he just started his surgery. Good luck, Bob. Hope being macho was worth it.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:17 AM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
I am not sure if Shanny has learned from this, or not. Will he limp out RG3 to start the year because he says he is healthy? You'd think a coach with that much experience would know to trust his eyes more than a kids voice, but if hadn't learned it yet, I doubt he ever will. He is no spring chicken and appears a stubborn SOB.

And he drafted Cousins, I thought with the eye to parlay into picks later (The Flynn Model), i was wrong fine. But then will he remain hesitant to use him?

All started so well on Sunday. Visions of a blowout and jinxes abounded; but it slowly turned into a ****ing disaster.

hey, at least he didn't blow out all 4 CLs, now that's what I would call reconstructive knee surgery.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Stewie G
Needed more hitting!

From this article on ESPN
Quote:
The torn ACL was diagnosed late Tuesday as a complete tear of the patella graft that was used to repair Griffin's torn ACL suffered at Baylor in 2009. A team source said Andrews likely will use a patella graft from Griffin's left knee to repair the most recent tear.
They'd better handle with care after this surgery. He's out of replacement parts.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:06 AM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
Burgundy and Gold Conspiracy theory

The LCL was worse than grade 1, originally. I had researched it and found that re-injury on a grade 1 was virtually non existent. That a few fibers were torn that simply needed anywhere up to 3 months to heal but that one was free to resume normal activities. Yet, the LCL got torn.

Andrews, our team doctor, comes out right before our playoff game, quibbling over a he said she said with the head coach, over a simple grade 1 LCL, 4 weeks after the fact. Really? Why would he do such a thing? His book, ok I bought into the money grubber theory, ignoring the dude is probably drowning in c-notes. So why didn't he say something sooner? Or, maybe he knew it had recently gotten worse.

We all saw RG3 limping through his last 3 games, or saw on every run, that he was not at full speed. I was surprised. He sprinted laps around Cleveland in pregame in an extensive workout. It all struck me as odd and figured Shanny thought it was the only window he would get to showcase Cousins, to trade and try and get a 1st back next year. I thought when RG3 got back in, he would be a bat out of hell. It never happened, he was never the same after Ngata.

The LCL got worse, maybe even during practice sometime after Cleveland. I think Mike is first to tell you that you have to practice to play. RG3 probably went balls to the wall, because you can see that is how he is. Its a priority to him to play, at any expense.

I just get the sense there is more to this story. All we have learned is that Mike and RG3 will lie, RG3's knee is facked up, and that Andrews is not afraid to call Mike out.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 01-09-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old
01-09-2013, 09:02 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
6-8 months sure seems optimistic for surgery like that. PFT timeline says he just started his surgery. Good luck, Bob. Hope being macho was worth it.
He's young and he will be back just fine. May miss the start of the season and may not.

They will be more careful in the future. Its a good learning lesson.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:10 AM
txpd

Quote:
Shanahan gets a share of the blame, but Griffin gets a share as well. It is what it is though. Blessing in desguise maybe. Kid gets this dumb macho **** out of his system while he spends the next year rehabing..
the player never takes the blame for not being taken out of the game. what major league pitcher gives walks off the mound with the manager still in the dugout.

if a veteran hall of famer doesnt do that, what rookie is going to?

its entirely on shanahan. mike rizzo gets all the blame for putting strasburg on the bench and now gets all the credit. strasburg only gets credit for not complaining about it.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:43 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Burgundy and Gold Conspiracy theory

The LCL was worse than grade 1, originally. I had researched it and found that re-injury on a grade 1 was virtually non existent. That a few fibers were torn that simply needed anywhere up to 3 months to heal but that one was free to resume normal activities. Yet, the LCL got torn.

Andrews, our team doctor, comes out right before our playoff game, quibbling over a he said she said with the head coach, over a simple grade 1 LCL, 4 weeks after the fact. Really? Why would he do such a thing? His book, ok I bought into the money grubber theory, ignoring the dude is probably drowning in c-notes. So why didn't he say something sooner? Or, maybe he knew it had recently gotten worse.

We all saw RG3 limping through his last 3 games, or saw on every run, that he was not at full speed. I was surprised. He sprinted laps around Cleveland in pregame in an extensive workout. It all struck me as odd and figured Shanny thought it was the only window he would get to showcase Cousins, to trade and try and get a 1st back next year. I thought when RG3 got back in, he would be a bat out of hell. It never happened, he was never the same after Ngata.

The LCL got worse, maybe even during practice sometime after Cleveland. I think Mike is first to tell you that you have to practice to play. RG3 probably went balls to the wall, because you can see that is how he is. Its a priority to him to play, at any expense.

I just get the sense there is more to this story. All we have learned is that Mike and RG3 will lie, RG3's knee is facked up, and that Andrews is not afraid to call Mike out.
I'm completely with you here Randy. That LCL was worse than the they let on. I actually believe it was worse than what Griffin told the doctors. He gutted it out. He wasn't the same person throwing or running the ball after the Ravens game. He was clearly injured and thats the reason they kept with that big bulky brace the entire time.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
I'm completely with you here Randy. That LCL was worse than the they let on. I actually believe it was worse than what Griffin told the doctors. He gutted it out. He wasn't the same person throwing or running the ball after the Ravens game. He was clearly injured and thats the reason they kept with that big bulky brace the entire time.
The Skins don't give a **** about Griffin. His "big bulky" brace was a toy that did nothing. It was a light brace that flexed because they wanted him to run.

For an example of a team protecting its franchise qb, look at the brace Brady wore a few years back.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:14 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm amazed at the number of fans that believe the Skins would have lost regardless of whether or not they had a QB who could run 3 yards or make a 15 yrd pass.

I guess one way a fan copes is by pretending you had no shot to begin with. We'll never know how Cousins would have done with an earlier shot, but I would have put him in late 3rd quarter and given him a better chance than when the D knew you were going to be forced to pass.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:21 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Hope Shanahan learns his lesson on this one. Sadly it's a lesson most coaches learn in in the lower ranks. That's a rookie F'ing mistake.

Nothing like putting the franchise's best hope in 20 years at risk Mike. Next time make the tough decision and do the right thing instead of trying to win a meaningless playoff game.

Disgusted.

Closed Thread