Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Monday Night Raw Discussion Thread #37

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
I think Ryback may be off television until the Rumble. It'll be used as a way to get him away from CM Punk, return at the Rumble and eliminate The Shield during the Rumble match and possibly go on to win to face Big Show at WrestleMania.

I read Vince is wanting to have Ryback be World Champion in 2013 and he's a candidate to win the Rumble.

01-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
I think Ryback may be off television until the Rumble. It'll be used as a way to get him away from CM Punk, return at the Rumble and eliminate The Shield during the Rumble match and possibly go on to win to face Big Show at WrestleMania.

I read Vince is wanting to have Ryback be World Champion in 2013 and he's a candidate to win the Rumble.
But do they really want another quick World Title match at WrestleMania? That's what they'll get with Ryback regardless of his opponent because he's just not capable of going long. Ryback needs to improve his ability to extend matches by adding more moves to his repertoire and he also needs more mic work. He's got potential in both areas and can be a good all-around wrestler but he's still very raw.

Old
01-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Smackdown doesn't get too much love around here, but Smackdown is must-see TV this Friday. Never thought I'd say that, but it's must-see TV and for more than one reason.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 50
okay avoiding anything wrestling related until Friday.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:38 PM
BGDDYKWL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
In the past, yeah, back when they were legal. Rock takes them now because he's not competing for WWE more than once a year (and because screw Wellness Testing, he's The ******* Rock), and his look is important for movies.

Your point is basically "if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough," which is something I reject entirely.

If you watched Punk's DVD you'd know at one point he did bulk up (naturally) to the 230ish range when he was signed by WWE, but it stunted his ability to actually wrestle.
You may reject that idea, and I can understand that, but when 90% of the stars in the industry are either huge or have taken steroids (often both) then you can't be upset when you're small and never become a superstar. I don't see how Punk couldn't wrestle when he was more muscular/fit, because he was still much smaller than Lesnar, Cena, Rock, HHH, etc. and they all wrestle just fine. Easier to complain than to put the time in at the gym.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

I remember someone told me to take steroids when I posted on this board that I was going to be a wrestler.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:27 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
I remember someone told me to take steroids when I posted on this board that I was going to be a wrestler.
Probably was me. Lol. And I know people would contend that isn't the best advice, but if someone told me I would have a much better chance of living my dream by taking steroids, I'd do it in a second.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Probably was me. Lol. And I know people would contend that isn't the best advice, but if someone told me I would have a much better chance of living my dream by taking steroids, I'd do it in a second.
Never said I wasn't seriously thinking about it.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:36 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
You may reject that idea, and I can understand that, but when 90% of the stars in the industry are either huge or have taken steroids (often both) then you can't be upset when you're small and never become a superstar. I don't see how Punk couldn't wrestle when he was more muscular/fit, because he was still much smaller than Lesnar, Cena, Rock, HHH, etc. and they all wrestle just fine. Easier to complain than to put the time in at the gym.
No one is the same though. Just because those guys can do it at that size, doesn't mean you can too.

It's like a hockey player putting on 25 pounds over the off-season and then coming to camp to find things not working. Everything is out of balance. You're not used to doing certain things at that weight, the transition might not work and you'd need to lose the 25 pounds to be more effective as a player.

While Lesnar, Cena, Rock etc may be more effective at that weight and build, Punk may not.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:19 AM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
No one is the same though. Just because those guys can do it at that size, doesn't mean you can too.

It's like a hockey player putting on 25 pounds over the off-season and then coming to camp to find things not working. Everything is out of balance. You're not used to doing certain things at that weight, the transition might not work and you'd need to lose the 25 pounds to be more effective as a player.

While Lesnar, Cena, Rock etc may be more effective at that weight and build, Punk may not.
He is not. He said it himself in the Best in the World documentary. He said that he gained weight and though he sucked at that weight.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

And the streak of the 3rd hour slide is finally over.

WWE Raw delivered an average of 4.42 million viewers on Monday. The first hour drew 4.29 million viewers. Hour two produced 4.32 million viewers. The third hour averaged 4.65 million viewers.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:35 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

There are rumors WWE has signed El Generico. That'd be cool.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:38 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
He's a hell of a performer. Did some extensive research and match watching during our draft we held months ago. The guy can go.

I really don't know why WWE doesn't adopt the ole WCW way of sending a few guys like Kidd, Mysterio, Generico, etc. out there to start Raw in a 20 minute match. Let them have all the creative writing into the match. That's enough to hold my attention.

By the by - one of my favorite reversals is when Kidd is in an armbar and walks through the ropes to reverse it. Even though it's technically a rope break, I still love the mechanics of it. It's tremendous.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

A reputable source at PWInsider says the signing is true.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

The Rock's return led to the highest viewership on Raw since August 27.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:54 PM
HF007
In Roy we Trust

What happened on August 27th

Old
01-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

8/27/12 Raw got a 3.1 rating. Looks like Raw from this past Monday with The Rock's return got around that number as well. Looks like they finally cracked a 3.0 again.

8/27/12 featured The Miz vs. John Cena, Triple H's "retirement" segment, Sheamus/Orton vs. ADR/Ziggler and CM Punk vs. Jerry Lawler in a Steel Cage match.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:46 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
next week should see a bump in ratings as well since Undertaker, Brock, Austin and HBK are all rumored to be there

Old
01-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

- The internal belief is that RAW will stick to three hours at least through WrestleMania 29. This doesn't mean that it will go back to two hours after WrestleMania but there will definitely not be a change between now and then. There are top officials who believe that going to three hours hasn't been good for the product.

Source: F4WOnline

Old
01-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Quote:
There will be a confrontation of some sorts between Ric Flair and C.M. Punk on Raw next week in Houston as things are currently planned.

It's quite surprising that WWE didn't advertise on Monday that Flair would be returning on the show, particularly given it's the first week Raw has a shot to do a big number, without it being on a holiday or against football competition.
F4WOnline

Old
01-09-2013, 01:53 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
It would be awesome. No chance they'll let him use the turnbuckle brain busta though.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Really hoping Steen's excuse for changing his Twitter handle is a cover. Imagine he and Generico together in the WWE? Awesome!

If Generico is in the Royal Rumble and he comes out the his Ole song, I'm marking out.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

WWE dropped the ball with advertising the 20th Anniversary of Raw. This can potentially be a bigger show than Raw 1000 with the star power alone with guys like Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesnar, Ric Flair and Stone Cold Steve Austin and I don't remember them mentioning it more than once on television during Raw.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:12 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
WWE dropped the ball with advertising the 20th Anniversary of Raw. This can potentially be a bigger show than Raw 1000 with the star power alone with guys like Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesnar, Ric Flair and Stone Cold Steve Austin and I don't remember them mentioning it more than once on television during Raw.
They've shown a couple commercials but all they say is that it's a 20th anniversary show. They don't really tease or confirm anything. The hype for RAW1K was a million times better, yet the 20th anniversary show has potential to be much better.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

Closed Thread