HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Talk: The Final Countdown...?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 01:16 PM
  #976
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power
 
Bobby Lou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Crease
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,379
vCash: 894
The timing here is definitely odd ... coming right out of the lockout? Have to think with the waves the Blue Jays have been making this off season that ownership wants to see the Leafs be a bit more aggressive as to not fall behind in the Toronto sports-brand race. Seems a little like wishful thinking, but this could definitely increase our return on Luongo.

Bobby Lou is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:16 PM
  #977
ThereGoesVirtanen
Right through you.
 
ThereGoesVirtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windflare View Post
Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec

Sounds like Burke did NOT want to make Luongo deal, while many in Leafs org did. Burke a principled man.

Oh boy...
Looks like our demands might get met after all.

ThereGoesVirtanen is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:17 PM
  #978
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Looks like our demands might get met after all.
If Gillis is hardset on Gardiner, I honestly dont blame Burke for telling him to **** right off then hanging up the phone.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:18 PM
  #979
Jarko2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windflare View Post
Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec

Sounds like Burke did NOT want to make Luongo deal, while many in Leafs org did. Burke a principled man.

Oh boy...
Ah.......so Burke knew what he was doing! The Leafs are doomed if that's what higher ups think. Publicly Canuck fans are promoting Luongo, privately.....well we all know.

I actually support the Canucks keeping Luongo for the condensed season, but have little faith in the guy who signed Luongo to that deal in the first place. Irony there, the wrong GM got fired.

Jarko2004 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:19 PM
  #980
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
If Gillis is hardset on Gardiner, I honestly dont blame Burke for telling him to **** right off then hanging up the phone.
Rielly makes Gardiner expendable. Rielly will be in the NHL very soon. Both left shots. So going forward

Phaneuf
Rielly
Gardiner

On the left side.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:20 PM
  #981
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarko2004 View Post
Ah.......so Burke knew what he was doing! The Leafs are doomed if that's what higher ups think. Publicly Canuck fans are promoting Luongo, privately.....well we all know.

I actually support the Canucks keeping Luongo for the condensed season, but have little faith in the guy who signed Luongo to that deal in the first place. Irony there, the wrong GM got fired.
Shhhhh You don't know who's watching.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:20 PM
  #982
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Rielly makes Gardiner expendable. Rielly will be in the NHL very soon. Both left shots. So going forward

Phaneuf
Rielly
Gardiner

On the left side.
If I was Leafs GM id want to keep them both too, and Phaneuf plays the right side if Im not mistaken. Gardiner is a stud of a young d-man, that would be insane if we managed to pawn him off.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
  #983
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe
 
PRNuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
If Gillis is hardset on Gardiner, I honestly dont blame Burke for telling him to **** right off then hanging up the phone.
Forget Gardiner, think of all the midround overagers we could get if we got their first rounder and traded back!

PRNuck is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:21 PM
  #984
ThereGoesVirtanen
Right through you.
 
ThereGoesVirtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,166
vCash: 500
Ownership over there are most likely desperate for a playoff run. The revenue over there would be insane. Perhaps they are more willing to give to get than Burke was.

ThereGoesVirtanen is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:24 PM
  #985
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgy View Post
Sources also suggest that this was not related to anything on ice (i.e., Luongo).

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
"There must be more to this Burke firing" = "We've all heard rumors about Burke we can't report and we'll just assume they're true now."
Ive missed out. What are the BB rumours?

Regardless this is pretty crazy. Lol

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:26 PM
  #986
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Ive missed out. What are the BB rumours?

Regardless this is pretty crazy. Lol
I've heard this a few times. Maybe after the death of his son he's started drinking or having personal issues.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:26 PM
  #987
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
If I was Leafs GM id want to keep them both too, and Phaneuf plays the right side if Im not mistaken. Gardiner is a stud of a young d-man, that would be insane if we managed to pawn him off.
And think if we had gotten gardiner last summer we'd have Schultz.

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:26 PM
  #988
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,645
vCash: 500
Nonis is taking over according to Bob McKenzie.

pitseleh is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:27 PM
  #989
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain
 
The Kassian Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Ive missed out. What are the BB rumours?

Regardless this is pretty crazy. Lol
MLSE wanted Luongo and he didn't. Pretty much the major speculation. Didn't want to budge to make a deal and now it looks like they know Nonis will be the one who pulls the trigger on the deal.

The Kassian Train is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:28 PM
  #990
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain
 
The Kassian Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Nonis is taking over according to Bob McKenzie.

The Kassian Train is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:28 PM
  #991
crazycanuck
Registered User
 
crazycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,285
vCash: 500
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Dave Nonis is the next GM of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Unclear whether that is interim or unconditional appointment.

crazycanuck is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:28 PM
  #992
Jarko2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Nonis is taking over according to Bob McKenzie.

Hey, Lu's old buddy Nonis! Waive that No-trade clause.

Jarko2004 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:29 PM
  #993
luongo321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10,016
vCash: 500
oh lawd there's a phaneuf jersey in my anat class. i'm going to cry.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:29 PM
  #994
pitseleh
Registered User
 
pitseleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
I've heard this a few times. Maybe after the death of his son he's started drinking or having personal issues.
Without going into details (so I don't get in ****), the rumours going around are the cause of the marital strife that Simmons refers to in this article.

http://www.lfpress.com/sports/column.../19841866.html

pitseleh is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:29 PM
  #995
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
MLSE wanted Luongo and he didn't. Pretty much the major speculation. Didn't want to budge to make a deal and now it looks like they know Nonis will be the one who pulls the trigger on the deal.
Im aware of that. Just wondering about the personal issues etc

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:29 PM
  #996
Canucker
Registered User
 
Canucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Prince Rupert, BC
Posts: 18,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Nonis is taking over according to Bob McKenzie.
I wonder if Nonis helped sink the dagger into Burke's back? He likely wanted Luongo along with ownership.

Canucker is online now  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:32 PM
  #997
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,728
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Without going into details (so I don't get in ****), the rumours going around are the cause of the marital strife that Simmons refers to in this article.

http://www.lfpress.com/sports/column.../19841866.html
Thanks for the link.

MikeK is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:34 PM
  #998
tantalum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
If I was Leafs GM id want to keep them both too, and Phaneuf plays the right side if Im not mistaken. Gardiner is a stud of a young d-man, that would be insane if we managed to pawn him off.
On any particular shift, Phaneuf plays the side will take him out of position the most.....

tantalum is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:35 PM
  #999
tantalum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I wonder if Nonis helped sink the dagger into Burke's back? He likely wanted Luongo along with ownership.
A damage a perfectly good knife that could be used to cut a cheeseburger in half? I don't think so....

tantalum is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
  #1000
Almighty
Registered User
 
Almighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 536
vCash: 500
To the Canuck fans thinking they're going to get more of a return cause Nonis is running the show.. dream on

Almighty is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.