HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL - Brian Burke fired

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 12:35 PM
  #976
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,687
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Turco was only viable option in FA that year at that cost

And we shall see but for 1 of Crawford's 2 years as #1 he was good

We will learn this year if Craw was flash in pan or legit
Even if Craw bounces back, and I believe he can, any progress he makes will be flushed right back down the toilet when Emery takes the ice.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:35 PM
  #977
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 104,039
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I had no issues with the Turco signing. It didn't work out and they moved on. Crawford is different. After a mediocre career in the minors, and then this past horrible season - I don't think he is worth gambling our team's season on again.
We shall see this year if Craw can be salvaged or if he is flash in pan

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:36 PM
  #978
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,687
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I had no issues with the Turco signing. It didn't work out and they moved on. Crawford is different. After a mediocre career in the minors, and then this past horrible season - I don't think he is worth gambling our team's season on again.
And that's not even really the issue. If we had someone else competing with him, he could become the backup if he doesn't bounce back.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:36 PM
  #979
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 104,039
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Even if Craw bounces back, and I believe he can, any progress he makes will be flushed right back down the toilet when Emery takes the ice.
If Craw is playing like 2010/11 ,, Then we have no worry about Emery

You only need a serviceable backup if your #1 is doing his job

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:39 PM
  #980
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Nonis named Leafs GM

Unknown if interim tag or permanant
I would think interim.

for a team that's been so bad for so long, the leafs never stop being entertaining

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:42 PM
  #981
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
And that's not even really the issue. If we had someone else competing with him, he could become the backup if he doesn't bounce back.
It is the issue, but yeah what you point out is an even deeper issue. There's nobody to compete with him and really there's no huge goaltending prospect in the system anywhere. Kent Simpson - Stan's 2nd round goaltending pick, seems to be struggling in Toledo.

A trade needs to happen at some point. And that gets back to the reality that Stan seems afraid to pull the trigger on big deals.

Sarava is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:43 PM
  #982
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,557
vCash: 500
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
One NHL team executive believes Burke's reluctance to move on Luongo cost him but I think there's more to it than that...

I agree with that. The timing is just so bizarre.

james duthie ‏@tsnjamesduthie
Sources say no recent incident led to Burke's firing. New ownership did not like his "style".


UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
  #983
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 104,039
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
It is the issue, but yeah what you point out is an even deeper issue. There's nobody to compete with him and really there's no huge goaltending prospect in the system anywhere. Kent Simpson - Stan's 2nd round goaltending pick, seems to be struggling in Toledo.

A trade needs to happen at some point. And that gets back to the reality that Stan seems afraid to pull the trigger on big deals.
I agree it is time for Stan to move some of his precious prospects

It isn't unheard of or unexpected a GM views his guys so highly he is hesitant to make deal

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
  #984
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,687
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
It is the issue, but yeah what you point out is an even deeper issue. There's nobody to compete with him and really there's no huge goaltending prospect in the system anywhere. Kent Simpson - Stan's 2nd round goaltending pick, seems to be struggling in Toledo.

A trade needs to happen at some point. And that gets back to the reality that Stan seems afraid to pull the trigger on big deals.
Well, big boy better get on the horn because trading is back in a big way with these new rules and the extremely deep FA class coming up. We'll be left in the dust if we don't start making moves.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
  #985
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,744
vCash: 500
What is one area where the Hawks absolutely need an improvement? In goal.

What is one area where Burke consistently failed to provide an improvement when they were problems in both Vancouver and Toronto? In goal.

Just say no to Brian Burke in Chicago.

Sevanston is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:45 PM
  #986
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
One NHL team executive believes Burke's reluctance to move on Luongo cost him but I think there's more to it than that...

I agree with that. The timing is just so bizarre.
Obviously he deserved to be in hot water...most of his moves in Toronto have backfired. But yeah why now? What is a new GM at the start of the season going to accomplish?

Sarava is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:46 PM
  #987
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 104,039
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Well, big boy better get on the horn because trading is back in a big way with these new rules and the extremely deep FA class coming up. We'll be left in the dust if we don't start making moves.
People bash Bowman's trading but he has had a few gems that seem to be ignored

Leddy + Johnsson for Barker
1st rounder for Brouwer
Hayes for 2nd (deal looks very good for our side so far)

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:46 PM
  #988
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,687
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
What is one area where the Hawks absolutely need an improvement? In goal.

What is one area where Burke consistently failed to provide an improvement when they were problems in both Vancouver and Toronto? In goal.

Just say no to Brian Burke in Chicago.
Nobody is saying to bring him in, just that he is better than Bowman, which isn't really saying anything.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:47 PM
  #989
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 104,039
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Obviously he deserved to be in hot water...most of his moves in Toronto have backfired. But yeah why now? What is a new GM at the start of the season going to accomplish?
Successfully trade for Luongo!

If Leafs ownership want him that badly (And want to be back in playoffs badly) then I expect Gillis will be on phone with framework of deal by time NHL opens for business

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:47 PM
  #990
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,687
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
People bash Bowman's trading but he has had a few gems that seem to be ignored

Leddy + Johnsson for Barker
1st rounder for Brouwer
Hayes for 2nd (deal looks very good for our side so far)
Yeah, that's nice. There is a lot of work to be done trade wise with this team and only a few months to figure it out. He put himself in this position, now it's time for him to get out of it.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:48 PM
  #991
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 104,039
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Nobody is saying to bring him in, just that he is better than Bowman, which isn't really saying anything.
How is he better then Bowman?

His drafts have been terrible in Toronto as have most of his trades

Lets not forget recent FA mistakes by Burke recently as well (Mike Komisarek , Tim Connolly best examples

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:48 PM
  #992
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,557
vCash: 500
leafs press conference going on now:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/maple...ence/?site=www

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:49 PM
  #993
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,744
vCash: 500
Naming Nonis the non-interim GM just makes the timing for this so much worse.

Guy could've been doing the job since the end of last season. Now he's got to adjust to a new job and deal with a new season at the same time.

Sevanston is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:49 PM
  #994
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Nobody is saying to bring him in, just that he is better than Bowman, which isn't really saying anything.
no, he's really not.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:54 PM
  #995
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 104,039
vCash: 340
Since we are closing in on 1k

Continue here please

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1319399

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.