HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XVIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-27-2012, 06:15 PM
  #626
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Partial tear in a tendon on J. Smith's arm.

Bye bye Super Bowl hopes... :[

Shape is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 06:46 PM
  #627
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Partial tear in a tendon on J. Smith's arm.

Bye bye Super Bowl hopes... :[


Looks like he'll have an extra week to get ready.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now  
Old
12-30-2012, 06:48 PM
  #628
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!
 
slocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Osos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,353
vCash: 500
Thank you, Viks

__________________

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
slocal is offline  
Old
12-30-2012, 08:15 PM
  #629
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,510
vCash: 797
Thank god for the Bye. Hopefully this helps J. Smith heal and be ready for the first game. As for today's game, it was a good win, but man that first quarter pissed me off. It seemed like the 49ers were just not ready, and that's unacceptable coming off an embarrassing loss the week before.

SJSharksfan39 is offline  
Old
12-31-2012, 03:05 PM
  #630
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Looks like he'll have an extra week to get ready.
Yeah, this makes me feel a lot better now. Getting that bye is huge.

Shape is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 03:31 PM
  #631
rangerssharks414
Registered User
 
rangerssharks414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 500
The 49ers signed Billy Cundiff per Schefter. Great, I brought up a playoff choker earlier in the thread (Kaeding), and they actually went out and signed one.

rangerssharks414 is offline  
Old
01-01-2013, 07:20 PM
  #632
rangerssharks414
Registered User
 
rangerssharks414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 500
Congrats, Stanford fans!

rangerssharks414 is offline  
Old
01-03-2013, 12:52 AM
  #633
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts
 
CrazedZooChimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,748
vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 View Post
Congrats, Stanford fans!
Thank you!

Now Oregon needs to win to help save some Pac-12 face. Even at 4-4 it's pretty terrible for the conference. Although watching U$C lose always amuses me.

CrazedZooChimp is offline  
Old
01-04-2013, 06:54 PM
  #634
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,510
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
Thank you!

Now Oregon needs to win to help save some Pac-12 face. Even at 4-4 it's pretty terrible for the conference. Although watching U$C lose always amuses me.
Oregon won pretty easily last night, in what could be Chip Kelly's final game. It was a pretty dominating effort too.

Really looking forward to the Warrior game tomorrow night. Wish they were playing tonight since tomorrow night is also the start of the NFL Playoffs, but at least we're having some good sports (As in non-college football) this weekend. Feels like it's been a while.

SJSharksfan39 is offline  
Old
01-05-2013, 10:57 PM
  #635
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 17,957
vCash: 50
Packers are coming to Candlestick. Watch their fans and the media spin that week 3 game against Seattle into why the game isn't being played at Lambeau and completely ignore the fact that the Packers held their own destiny in the final week of the regular season.

Clowe Me is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 09:22 AM
  #636
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,130
vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Packers are coming to Candlestick. Watch their fans and the media spin that week 3 game against Seattle into why the game isn't being played at Lambeau and completely ignore the fact that the Packers held their own destiny in the final week of the regular season.
That and you can make the argument that the refs cost the 49ers in St. Louis so it's not like it just happened to them.

Pinkfloyd is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 07:12 PM
  #637
Risky F
Don't Mess Up.
 
Risky F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Ramon, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Niners have to play through injuries this year. No Manningham, No Williams, and No Hunter. I think they replaced Hunter with James. But Jenkins is no Manningham. CK7 MUST find Davis and get him involved. I like Walker, but Davis is much better. Who knows how that game will go.

Risky F is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 07:54 PM
  #638
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,130
vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky F View Post
Niners have to play through injuries this year. No Manningham, No Williams, and No Hunter. I think they replaced Hunter with James. But Jenkins is no Manningham. CK7 MUST find Davis and get him involved. I like Walker, but Davis is much better. Who knows how that game will go.
The game will depend on how well Justin Smith plays with his injury. If they can't pressure Rodgers and bring him down occasionally then he will eventually tear them apart and I don't have faith in Kaepernick to run the offense with the efficiency necessary to beat the Packers that may be scoring a few more points than they did last time.

Pinkfloyd is online now  
Old
01-06-2013, 07:58 PM
  #639
Clowe Me
Registered User
 
Clowe Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 530
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 17,957
vCash: 50
GB's OL isn't that great, hence all the sacks of Rodgers and poor running game. But, I agree. They need production out of the DE's. Justin Smith, McDonald and Francois need to bring their a games.

They also need to be able to send the blitz and cover the Packs wr's down the field. Nelson will be banged up, but Cobb and Jones have looked very good over the past 8 weeks.

Clowe Me is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 10:13 PM
  #640
Risky F
Don't Mess Up.
 
Risky F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Ramon, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
The game will depend on how well Justin Smith plays with his injury. If they can't pressure Rodgers and bring him down occasionally then he will eventually tear them apart and I don't have faith in Kaepernick to run the offense with the efficiency necessary to beat the Packers that may be scoring a few more points than they did last time.
all Justin Smith needs to do is take an extra blocker to free up Aldon Smith.

Risky F is offline  
Old
01-06-2013, 10:20 PM
  #641
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,130
vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky F View Post
all Justin Smith needs to do is take an extra blocker to free up Aldon Smith.
Yeah but it's not that simple. If it were, Francois would've filled in better.

Pinkfloyd is online now  
Old
01-07-2013, 10:48 AM
  #642
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 374
Packers will double team Justin Smith on the first series.

If he isn't pushing like he normally does they don't double him for more than that and Alden Smith goes back to being a good DE instead of a great DE.

I won't be surprised if GB throws the ball 90% of their plays this weekend.

Wedontneedroads is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 03:54 PM
  #643
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
1. LAC
2. OKC
3. SAS
4. GSW
5. MIA


These are ESPN's new Power Rankings for the week.

Shape is offline  
Old
01-07-2013, 07:04 PM
  #644
Risky F
Don't Mess Up.
 
Risky F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Ramon, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Spurs? really? get that old team out of there.

Risky F is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 11:38 AM
  #645
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky F View Post
Spurs? really? get that old team out of there.
Them being old doesn't take away the fact they're one of the best teams in the league.


Ugh, this 49er kicker situation really sucks. It looks like Harbaugh is going to roll with Cundiff.

Shape is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:05 PM
  #646
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Looks like Barry's not getting into the HOF. 36% of the vote?!? Roids or no roids that's a joke.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:36 PM
  #647
rangerssharks414
Registered User
 
rangerssharks414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 500
Looks like the Sacramento Kings are moving to Seattle. That sucks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/maloofs...190254566.html

rangerssharks414 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:45 PM
  #648
Wedontneedroads
Registered User
 
Wedontneedroads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 374
Key Arena is on par with the Cow Palace. It is absolute garbage.

That cannot be a long term solution. That is one of the top reasons the Sonics moved from Seattle. Nobody wants to watch a loser, and NOBODY wants to watch a loser in the crappiest arena in the NBA.

The only reason I went to Sonics games was to watch a rookie Durant play 1 v 5 every night.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

Wedontneedroads is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 02:40 PM
  #649
likewall32
**putt meem hear**
 
likewall32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Looks like Barry's not getting into the HOF. 36% of the vote?!? Roids or no roids that's a joke.
There's a major stigma around being a first balloter. If a third of writers vote for him now, as the list of known steroid users grows exponentially as it obviously will, I expect his number to grow over the coming years.

If Pete Rose is finally allowed in, I expect the scapegoats for the Bud Selig "turn the other cheek era" to rightfully be voted in right after.

likewall32 is online now  
Old
01-09-2013, 03:38 PM
  #650
Tkachuk4MVP
22 Years of Fail
 
Tkachuk4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedontneedroads View Post
Key Arena is on par with the Cow Palace. It is absolute garbage.

That cannot be a long term solution. That is one of the top reasons the Sonics moved from Seattle. Nobody wants to watch a loser, and NOBODY wants to watch a loser in the crappiest arena in the NBA.

The only reason I went to Sonics games was to watch a rookie Durant play 1 v 5 every night.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...

I'm sorry but that's bull. The Sonics moved because both the previous owner and the current owner (like so many others) wanted the state to pony up for renovations and a new stadium respectively because they were too cheap to do so themselves. If no one watched the Sonics, then why are they getting another team five years later?


Quote:
Originally Posted by likewall32 View Post
There's a major stigma around being a first balloter. If a third of writers vote for him now, as the list of known steroid users grows exponentially as it obviously will, I expect his number to grow over the coming years.

If Pete Rose is finally allowed in, I expect the scapegoats for the Bud Selig "turn the other cheek era" to rightfully be voted in right after.

Yeah that maks sense. I've just heard a lot of talk from the voters saying they won't let anyone in who cheated, which is ridiculous for a number of reasons.

Tkachuk4MVP is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.