HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Sitwell Enterprises II is live, join now

Old
01-08-2013, 11:12 PM
matt1396

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Theres no way to enforce that though. And if someone doesnt check the boards daily or check the gm connected at least once every other day, than they arent active enough for the league, plain and simple.
I'd say it is, the perso. Who had the freak occurrence can pm and tell you what the issue was so you can allow them to resign the player, all other players are untouchable I'm pretty sure we did this last year in bluth so I'm hoping for the same here.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:15 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
read the middle of my post though, there are a lot of reasons why that is plausible that someone didn't or couldn't. because there was no thread for days. and how long the playoffs took without a gameplan (i know it was the holidays, just inconsistent)

and this is coming from someone that is checking this almost every hour and played all the way to the cup, ive been mad active and missed stuff, important stuff.

and Again im not in the worst shape, I think its annoying, but Im more worried about potentially a lot more teams that are going to be a lot more annoyed.
Yeah but there is a new offseason thread and it has the name Sitwell in the title, if someone didn't want to see what's going on in there league then that is there problem and they shouldn't be in this league.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:22 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
Yeah but there is a new offseason thread and it has the name Sitwell in the title, if someone didn't want to see what's going on in there league then that is there problem and they shouldn't be in this league.

again I could get every guy signed just fine, just very skeptical on if the entire league was aware, and that could have been arranged in a much more considerate fashion. People can't check this board like you and I every hour, hell even the comissh has things going on that kept him from making a new thread for a couple day; that's fine, its understandable. So you do you best to accommodate that stuff by noticing everyone prior to scheduling with adequate time to plan accordingly. again this isnt a regular block advance, this is re-sign, deserves a lot more focus.

for all I know everything goes smoothly for everyone, in the sense they were aware of everything, that would be great. Just something to note for next season, and any other participating GM's that have their own "WORLDWIDE" league

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:27 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:

again I could get every guy signed just fine, just very skeptical on if the entire league was aware, and that could have been arranged in a much more considerate fashion. People can't check this board like you and I every hour, hell even the comissh has things going on that kept him from making a new thread for a couple day; that's fine, its understandable. So you do you best to accommodate that stuff by noticing everyone prior to scheduling with adequate time to plan accordingly. again this isnt a regular block advance, this is re-sign, deserves a lot more focus.

for all I know everything goes smoothly for everyone, in the sense they were aware of everything, that would be great. Just something to note for next season, and any other participating GM's that have their own "WORLDWIDE" league
In this day and age where you can access the internet via your phone, I really don't understand people not being active enough to check the first post and these threads for information on a regular basis. Maybe not every single day, but enough to know when things are happening.

The sooner we get to the regular season the better off we are.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:27 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:

Once again...for the last time. IF YOU CANT CHECK THE FORUMS AT LEAST ONCE A DAY OR EVERY OTHER DAY YOU ARE NOT ACTIVE ENOUGH FOR THE LEAGUE End of discussion.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:30 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Not sure why everyone is flipping on me, I check this thread and forum more than most. Hence, why I am making such an assessment.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:31 PM
Cosmonaut

You have any spots open?

Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:31 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:

Not sure why everyone is flipping on me, I check this thread and forum more than most. Hence, why I am making such an assessment.
Because its not your place to worry, if someone has a problem, then they can message me.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:34 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmonaut View Post
You have any spots open?
I think they're are one or two ill get back to you tomorrow or later tonight to be sure.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:34 PM
ThePsychicSaw

word.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:22 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Once again...for the last time. IF YOU CANT CHECK THE FORUMS AT LEAST ONCE A DAY OR EVERY OTHER DAY YOU ARE NOT ACTIVE ENOUGH FOR THE LEAGUE End of discussion.
to be fair though, the playoffs took a very long time to get through.. and those of us who didnt make it in kinda lost interest for a bit, and honestly I didnt check the thread that often and kinda forgot about it.. I am glad I checked when I did otherwise I wouldn't have known we were advancing.

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:38 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
to be fair though, the playoffs took a very long time to get through.. and those of us who didnt make it in kinda lost interest for a bit, and honestly I didnt check the thread that often and kinda forgot about it.. I am glad I checked when I did otherwise I wouldn't have known we were advancing.
The biggest problem is it seemed like half the players weren't active enough to play.

No updates on the thread about how the series was going (other than "x team is waiting for opponent, which is silly in my opinion) also makes the thread super boring.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:42 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
The biggest problem is it seemed like half the players weren't active enough to play.

No updates on the thread about how the series was going (other than "x team is waiting for opponent, which is silly in my opinion) also makes the thread super boring.
<<< guilty

Didn't know I was supposed to write up a synopsis of my series' to entertain people

Old
01-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
<<< guilty

Didn't know I was supposed to write up a synopsis of my series' to entertain people
I wouldn't say synopsis, but updates help to keep non-playoff teams and eliminated teams a bit more engaged.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:47 AM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I wouldn't say synopsis, but updates help to keep non-playoff teams and eliminated teams a bit more engaged.
I did, i updated them with, ' waiting for winner of X series, three times'

I guess I was in determined game mode, like how players get tight lipped. Job wasn't done yet.

Pretty sure I did a decent write up after I won the cup though, in my defense.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...postcount=1002

Old
01-09-2013, 11:03 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
<<< guilty

It keeps people interested to see the results of games and how each series is going along. Nobody really did that except for one or two instances.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:08 AM
ThePsychicSaw

I know I'm being facetious. Probably just wasn't up for it, was sick on and off for like 3 weeks

When i win the cup next year I'll do better

Old
01-09-2013, 11:09 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

When is the next advance? Tonight or this afternoon?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
When is the next advance? Tonight or this afternoon?
I think he said 9:00 CST.

I'm not clear whether we are skipping right to July 1--as the original schedule suggested, or pausing a few times on the way.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:18 AM
ThePsychicSaw

one. more. pause. one. more. pause.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
one. more. pause. one. more. pause.
Seconded.

We're only on June 28th, so we have the time.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:20 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
I did, i updated them with, ' waiting for winner of X series, three times'

I guess I was in determined game mode, like how players get tight lipped. Job wasn't done yet.

Pretty sure I did a decent write up after I won the cup though, in my defense.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...postcount=1002
you were fine aboutt that, nobody else ever said anything though lol Next season ill try to make a playoff thread and then the offseason thread to go with it. And as far as the advance im not sure what booty is going to do, he can handle the offseason a lot better than I can most likely lol

Old
01-09-2013, 02:09 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Even Bluth slowed down a lot over Christmast up until New Years. Unforseen circumstances i suppose. Maybe we should even hold off an entire extra day and have a "GM Activity Check" just to be sure everyone is back? I know we're eager to get games going again but if half of the GMs didn't make offers to their guys yet the league wont be very fun anyway. We're on June 28th so i have 3 more advances (28th to 29th, 29th to 30th, 30th to July 1st) for GMs to sign their guys. Thats PLENTY of advances to get things done.

OR

Just kicking this idea around a little bit...i know its unpopular but i think it would be pretty cool to do a GM mode with up to date post-lockout rosters. Since we're only 1 season in and a lot of GMs are new anyway, would starting the league over be a terrible idea? Sorry, dont want to stir anything up but i was just wondering. Would be cool if Drouin and Jones were in the league.

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:25 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

I would rather not start the league. The new rosters probably won't affect a lot of the GMs and I bet a lot of guys would rather not play the same season over again.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Just kicking this idea around a little bit...i know its unpopular but i think it would be pretty cool to do a GM mode with up to date post-lockout rosters. Since we're only 1 season in and a lot of GMs are new anyway, would starting the league over be a terrible idea? Sorry, dont want to stir anything up but i was just wondering. Would be cool if Drouin and Jones were in the league.
I don't want to start over, let's just keep moving forward please.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote