HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 4 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-08-2013, 09:55 PM
  #576
DarrenBanks56
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
this has probably been mentioned but i was just checkin my credit card, and noticed the Bruins refunded me for 24 games (including the 2 preseason games)
I am assuming they are gonna suck out the difference that they over-refunded???

DarrenBanks56 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 09:58 PM
  #577
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
this has probably been mentioned but i was just checkin my credit card, and noticed the Bruins refunded me for 24 games (including the 2 preseason games)
I am assuming they are gonna suck out the difference that they over-refunded???
I assume they will.. but i wouldn't be calling them to remind them haha.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 10:02 PM
  #578
DarrenBanks56
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I assume they will.. but i wouldn't be calling them to remind them haha.
im gonna pay off my card and close it

DarrenBanks56 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 10:05 PM
  #579
rickya13dot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dorchester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,038
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to rickya13dot
Threre is no way ticket reps make more than $35K.

rickya13dot is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 10:06 PM
  #580
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickya13dot View Post
Threre is no way ticket reps make more than $35K.
I just applied to that job.. Its through the nhl.. Don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing haha. But I can see its being 30-35k. A lot of jobs that are entry level in boston can be 30k+.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 10:12 PM
  #581
rickya13dot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Dorchester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,038
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to rickya13dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I just applied to that job.. Its through the nhl.. Don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing haha. But I can see its being 30-35k. A lot of jobs that are entry level in boston can be 30k+.
I applied too!!

I'm not saying it's under $30K, but I'm betting it's right around there.

I had a friend working for the Red Sox, making $8 an hour. That's minimum wage. As has been said, pro sports teams do not have to pay a lot, because they have interns willing to take over at anytime. They have literally an endless supply of applicants because people want to work in sports. Not to mention working for a pro sports team is a big bonus to have on your resume.

You do not get paid well working in low level pro sports teams. It's the fringe benefits.

My guess is $31K base, but then commission on STH sales. Not to mention the per-diem they get when they travel with the team.

rickya13dot is offline  
Old
01-08-2013, 11:14 PM
  #582
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,569
vCash: 500
I really hope you didn't apply just to see what the salary is.

If you want to get an idea of what salaries are like you can go to Glassdoor.com.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:33 AM
  #583
WickedBruinsGirl
06.15.11
 
WickedBruinsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: loge 19 ♥
Country: United States
Posts: 14,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
MLK has been matinee for quite some time. The local bars/restaurants hate day games.
Fact. The Saturday day games aren't wonderful. The abbreviated rush 11-12:30 sucks for the waitresses/bartenders. Not saying the restaurant doesn't fill up, but I'm sure the sales are cut in half compared to a 4-6:30 rush. One pro is there's a longer post-game rush as people have more time to linger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
has the Boycott Police released guidelines or a manifesto yet

I been thinking this over and may instead buy a bunch of food and stuff just to show the Boycotters!!!! Will they be outside passing out pamphlets wearing a badge or something
I don't know if I'll buy anything at games like I used to (no more two drinks every period!)... but I'm definitely going to show the concession stand workers some love with tips. They've been so affected and Celtics fans are nothing like Bruins fans. We rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Here is the thing with these white sticks since we got a bunch of them

The Bruins pass them out after the game and back in 2006-8ish or before the HF BP Bruins Chapter came into play, there was not a lot of people going to the games. I often sat alone eating ice cream and drinking beer (goes well together) wondering why no one likes hockey.

Well, my yute would position herself after games in a spot and accumulate said sticks. First star was signed by team; second and third the specific player.

There was atleast one time where she put together a streak of three games, three sticks- and even one game with multiple (we gave to another kid because I'm a nice guy and wanted her to learn about sharing that day)

then, the Bruins got good- the fans caught on and my kid had to fight for sticks- she still got one or two but not like the good old days of Dave Lewis and Mike Sullivan.

oh, and don't mention Glen Metropolit around her- touchy subject
So you're saying I should definitely bring up Glen Metropolit during an intermission of the home opener?

__________________
Missing for days but nobody missed her.
WickedBruinsGirl is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 06:12 AM
  #584
RunFromTheBear
Registered User
 
RunFromTheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,860
vCash: 500
You guys are suckers. I posted a reported salary and reviews from Glassdoor.com and you are still saying $30k at the low range. $30k is $14.42 an hour and it's salary so there will be no OT. They read the boards here so they will now know they have a couple guys they can offer $28k that will probably take the job. I guess it's a good way to get your feet wet if you arent working.

$8/hr is $16,640, that probably wouldn't even cover rent in Boston. How could they live on that? Love of baseball?

RunFromTheBear is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 07:24 AM
  #585
Lordstanley
Playoffs!
 
Lordstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Loge - 4 + Sec -316
Country: United States
Posts: 2,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
this has probably been mentioned but i was just checkin my credit card, and noticed the Bruins refunded me for 24 games (including the 2 preseason games)
I am assuming they are gonna suck out the difference that they over-refunded???
Did you take option # 1 ....... ?

Lordstanley is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 08:33 AM
  #586
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
You guys are suckers. I posted a reported salary and reviews from Glassdoor.com and you are still saying $30k at the low range. $30k is $14.42 an hour and it's salary so there will be no OT. They read the boards here so they will now know they have a couple guys they can offer $28k that will probably take the job. I guess it's a good way to get your feet wet if you arent working.

$8/hr is $16,640, that probably wouldn't even cover rent in Boston. How could they live on that? Love of baseball?
This is all based off of a 40/hr, weekly paid job correct?

Alicat is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 08:38 AM
  #587
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 26,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
Fact. The Saturday day games aren't wonderful. The abbreviated rush 11-12:30 sucks for the waitresses/bartenders. Not saying the restaurant doesn't fill up, but I'm sure the sales are cut in half compared to a 4-6:30 rush. One pro is there's a longer post-game rush as people have more time to linger.



I don't know if I'll buy anything at games like I used to (no more two drinks every period!)... but I'm definitely going to show the concession stand workers some love with tips. They've been so affected and Celtics fans are nothing like Bruins fans. We rock.


So you're saying I should definitely bring up Glen Metropolit during an intermission of the home opener?
I am boycotting in all seriousness. No ice cream, no popcorn....only one beer per game (they can't water down a B&T)- I'll leave a great tip.

The game stuff no change- I'll still scream and do dance if the camera comes at me

nothing will change other than boycotting food (beer is not food and one is all I need, no more two or three)

DKH is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 08:42 AM
  #588
schmautzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
You guys are suckers. I posted a reported salary and reviews from Glassdoor.com and you are still saying $30k at the low range. $30k is $14.42 an hour and it's salary so there will be no OT. They read the boards here so they will now know they have a couple guys they can offer $28k that will probably take the job. I guess it's a good way to get your feet wet if you arent working.

$8/hr is $16,640, that probably wouldn't even cover rent in Boston. How could they live on that? Love of baseball?
Can you do the research and find out how much the zamboni driver makes?
Do you need a 4 yr degree or is an associates ok?
Thanks.

schmautzy is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 08:43 AM
  #589
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 26,896
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
You guys are suckers. I posted a reported salary and reviews from Glassdoor.com and you are still saying $30k at the low range. $30k is $14.42 an hour and it's salary so there will be no OT. They read the boards here so they will now know they have a couple guys they can offer $28k that will probably take the job. I guess it's a good way to get your feet wet if you arent working.

$8/hr is $16,640, that probably wouldn't even cover rent in Boston. How could they live on that? Love of baseball?
The reps handle many accounts, I'd say starting salary is high $30's and that is and should be low and goes up to close to $50 or $60 K- and should be.
Just dealing with some of the fans should get them that.

Just to add my kid skates with ones father's team, I was on the AB and got to know many and used to talk about school, whatever, and they are not getting solid degrees and taking that low a job. What the bleep are you people thinking

I know some of these folks real well, from where they went to college, major, live, all sorts of stuff and there is no way they take this job for what you guys are talking.

DKH is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 09:08 AM
  #590
Looch
B's, C's & Sox
 
Looch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gilford, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
The reps handle many accounts, I'd say starting salary is high $30's and that is and should be low and goes up to close to $50 or $60 K- and should be.
Just dealing with some of the fans should get them that.

Just to add my kid skates with ones father's team, I was on the AB and got to know many and used to talk about school, whatever, and they are not getting solid degrees and taking that low a job. What the bleep are you people thinking

I know some of these folks real well, from where they went to college, major, live, all sorts of stuff and there is no way they take this job for what you guys are talking.

Dan, clearly your wife must be a corporate recruiter.

__________________
BuddysTickets@gmail.com
Looch is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 10:42 AM
  #591
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,737
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I am boycotting in all seriousness. No ice cream, no popcorn....only one beer per game (they can't water down a B&T)- I'll leave a great tip.

The game stuff no change- I'll still scream and do dance if the camera comes at me

nothing will change other than boycotting food (beer is not food and one is all I need, no more two or three)
THIS I want to see Julia will make you stop.

__________________
It's going to be a long Summer.
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 10:47 AM
  #592
DarrenBanks56
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
Did you take option # 1 ....... ?
no way.
i figured it would be a long lockout and they wouldnt raise prices next year.
plus i never want to be locked into anything, because sh#t can happen.

DarrenBanks56 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:34 PM
  #593
paree87
Registered User
 
paree87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
Pay

xxxx


Last edited by paree87: 01-10-2013 at 07:15 AM. Reason: needs to be deleted
paree87 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 12:55 PM
  #594
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 14,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by paree87 View Post
Those people make base 20K plus commission- and the commission plan sucks (anywhere between 8-12K annually, plus the commission is taxed at a much higher rate than base pay. & the bruins reserve the right to cut commission %s whenever they want, which they have done recently)

The reason there is so much turnover is partly due to the low pay and partly due to the fact that the upper mgt treats everyone like ****. Its a good resume builder but not a place to stay forever and make a career, which is sad.
I think I have had 4 reps in 4 seasons.

One was DKH's rep from back in 2008.. she is still around, I believe she moved up in the ranks, or only deals with the old boys club guys like Dan.

One was Niki something Italian... she left to get her MBA.

One was this asian girl May.. she just kind of left one day.

Then I had this guy from southern California.. not sure if I still do because I have had a girl calling me lately.

Morris Wanchuk is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:00 PM
  #595
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I think I have had 4 reps in 4 seasons.

One was DKH's rep from back in 2008.. she is still around, I believe she moved up in the ranks, or only deals with the old boys club guys like Dan.

One was Niki something Italian... she left to get her MBA.

One was this asian girl May.. she just kind of left one day.

Then I had this guy from southern California.. not sure if I still do because I have had a girl calling me lately.
I think I've had the same run of reps that you have had. Except for now.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:12 PM
  #596
Highatop325
Only took 4 months!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 325, row 15, seat 24
Country: United States
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I think I have had 4 reps in 4 seasons.

One was DKH's rep from back in 2008.. she is still around, I believe she moved up in the ranks, or only deals with the old boys club guys like Dan.

One was Niki something Italian... she left to get her MBA.

One was this asian girl May.. she just kind of left one day.

Then I had this guy from southern California.. not sure if I still do because I have had a girl calling me lately.
In the last 5 years I've had Tamala Sweesy who was TERRIBLE then Nikki Gullotti who was really good then Mae Larson who was eh and now I have Chris Gutierrez who is over the top nice. He randomly calls me on Bruins game days to see if I'm excited for the game and what I think the score will be....I'd say he loves his job huh?

Highatop325 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 02:19 PM
  #597
gobosox00
Registered User
 
gobosox00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
We've had Kaitlin Rowe for 3 seasons now and she's fantastic. Always helps us put together our yearly group game and throws in things like zamboni rides, etc. Whenever I email her a question she usually calls me within a couple hours, always happy and always helpful. I feel like we've gotten really lucky and if she leaves we'll defintiely be upset. Our Celtics and Red Sox season ticket reps don't even compare. Our Celtics rep isn't bad, he's pretty good about emails and explaining our benefits and trying to help us out with extra tickets and stuff. The Red Sox, as has been stated before, have the most horrendous ticket reps ever. Whenever I have to talk to someone on the phone they always sound like they're being inconvenienced. For those of you that don't have a rep right now, see if you can be added to Kaitlin's list because she's awesome

gobosox00 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 02:19 PM
  #598
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highatop325 View Post
In the last 5 years I've had Tamala Sweesy who was TERRIBLE then Nikki Gullotti who was really good then Mae Larson who was eh and now I have Chris Gutierrez who is over the top nice. He randomly calls me on Bruins game days to see if I'm excited for the game and what I think the score will be....I'd say he loves his job huh?
Tamala was my first rep i had her my first year and i'm pretty sure since than i'm have had kaitlin rowe.. is a ridiculously nice person nevermind ticket rep. I couldn't ask for a better person helping me out to understand certain information since she is very patient and also very approachable. If i call her and she doesn't pick up i'll get a call an hour or two later. IF i leave an email.. I have a response within an hour.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 02:27 PM
  #599
Sec311Row6
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
We've had Kaitlin Rowe for 3 seasons now and she's fantastic. Always helps us put together our yearly group game and throws in things like zamboni rides, etc. Whenever I email her a question she usually calls me within a couple hours, always happy and always helpful. I feel like we've gotten really lucky and if she leaves we'll defintiely be upset. Our Celtics and Red Sox season ticket reps don't even compare. Our Celtics rep isn't bad, he's pretty good about emails and explaining our benefits and trying to help us out with extra tickets and stuff. The Red Sox, as has been stated before, have the most horrendous ticket reps ever. Whenever I have to talk to someone on the phone they always sound like they're being inconvenienced. For those of you that don't have a rep right now, see if you can be added to Kaitlin's list because she's awesome
i concur, had Rowe 4 years

Sec311Row6 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
  #600
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,841
vCash: 500
I also have Chris now and he's awesome. Very nice, quick to respond and good follow up.

Kate08 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.