HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

iginla at the deadline

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 01:52 AM
  #51
CanadienShark
Registered User
 
CanadienShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo Baggins View Post
there's 0 logic in this post.
There's logic, it's simply an invalid argument. A valid argument cannot have a potentially false argument with two true premises. I'd believe that the two premises are true, hence it's an invalid argument, since there is no pattern.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, seeing as everything I just spewed was learned in my Critical Thinking class, but I'd call this a "cogent" argument; it is inductive as opposed to deductive (uncertain as opposed to certain), but the argument is strong. As well, both premises are true, which leads me to the conclusion that this is a cogent argument.

To any Philosophy students, please don't rag on me! I'm a simple first year student in a 2nd year philosophy course with no background!


Last edited by CanadienShark: 01-09-2013 at 01:58 AM.
CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:51 AM
  #52
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I could see it. Him and Doan are good friends.

Gormley for Iginla.
That's what I was thinking (kind of a zen thing), plus don't forget about Playfair. Of course, being a Coyote's fan, I'm hoping that it's not Gormley...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:57 AM
  #53
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,480
vCash: 50
Trade Jarome Iginla to Detroit!

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:57 AM
  #54
Martini*
Gods Team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,786
vCash: 500
Nick Leddy and Saad/ first

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:43 PM
  #55
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,768
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
?

If a team acquired Jarome Iginla at the deadline without an extension he would be a rental. Right now Jarome has one year left on his contract, so yes, he would be a rental.
Disagree. If the Flames trade Iginla they will essentially be telling him to "spread his wings and fly, and not come home until he has a cup".

I think if Iginla is moved, an extension will be a part of whatever deal is made, Flames will be looking to get as much as they can get back for him.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:09 PM
  #56
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal
 
The Dangley One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,950
vCash: 500
I'd trade him for any prospect not named Hamilton on the Bruins, probably would even have to add in Horton for salary cap reasons

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:10 PM
  #57
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,768
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post
I'd trade him for any prospect not named Hamilton on the Bruins, probably would even have to add in Horton for salary cap reasons
Horton
Khokhlachev
1st


InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:19 PM
  #58
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Disagree. If the Flames trade Iginla they will essentially be telling him to "spread his wings and fly, and not come home until he has a cup".

I think if Iginla is moved, an extension will be a part of whatever deal is made, Flames will be looking to get as much as they can get back for him.
But the whole premise of trading for Iginla is he is the missing piece for the cup, and I don't think he will waive his NMC unless if the team has a real shot at winning the cup. So if he was to return to Calgary it would be expected at the end of the season. I do not expect him to sign an extension and then be traded. And why would he then waive his NMC and allow Calgary to deplete the team that he is traded to of some assets? I think the scenario will go down as him being a rental to a team of his choosing, Calgary gets an asset and at the end of the season Iginla re-signs with the Flames. Just my guess.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:21 PM
  #59
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,768
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
But the whole premise of trading for Iginla is he is the missing piece for the cup, and I don't think he will waive his NMC unless if the team has a real shot at winning the cup. So if he was to return to Calgary it would be expected at the end of the season. I do not expect him to sign an extension and then be traded. And why would he then waive his NMC and allow Calgary to deplete the team that he is traded to of some assets? I think the scenario will go down as him being a rental to a team of his choosing, Calgary gets an asset and at the end of the season Iginla re-signs with the Flames. Just my guess.
He has previously said that he would waive for any trade that management thought would improve the team. (Actions speak louder than words of course). If I am wrong and he resigns with the Flames then thats awesome. From everything management and he has said though, I think if he leaves he will be gone for several years at least, sadly.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:33 PM
  #60
Dellstrom
We Like Eich
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Horton
Khokhlachev
1st

I'd do KoKo and a 1st without question if you took on Thomas's salary instead of Horton's. Getting ready for a playoff run and trading Horton shouldn't mix, plus we're talking Iginla for a couple of games, the playoffs, and possibly him signing somewhere else... Not too keen on trading a 1st liner with that package unless you add a bit.

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Peverley-Kelly-Horton
Paille-Campbell-Thornton



Iginla would fit right in here. He'd be a fan favorite after the first game. If he's available I'd hope Chiarelli jumps on it. I'd love to try to win him a cup, and he'd sure as hell help our chances.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:42 PM
  #61
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,719
vCash: 500
IMO, he would be a perfect fit on the Coyotes. The 'Yotes do need a RW for the 3rd line. It would be awesome if that player was Doan and Iginla be in the roster spot that Doan played during their playoff run. But that would be irrelevant. It would depend on which center he would be paired with - Vermette or Moss. I'm dreaming of a Boedker - Vermette - Iginla line.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:49 PM
  #62
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 57
If we trade him we keep half of his cap hit so he only costs 3.5 mil on the cap. So something like these could be a good basis.

To Pitts for
Despres
1st

To Boston

Khokhlachev
1st
Horton

To Wash

Kuznetsov

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:49 PM
  #63
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 1034
From the Pens: Morrow and Bennett.

From the Bruins: Dougie Hamilton.

Basically the guys that you don't want to give up, that's who you'd have to give up.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:38 PM
  #64
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Disagree. If the Flames trade Iginla they will essentially be telling him to "spread his wings and fly, and not come home until he has a cup".

I think if Iginla is moved, an extension will be a part of whatever deal is made, Flames will be looking to get as much as they can get back for him.
How can you disagree with what I said? What part? Everything I stated was fact. You are the one speculating, which can be disputed.

I'm not saying he won't sign an extension before being traded, I'm simply replying to another poster who made a silly post. So again, what about my post are you in disagreement about?

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:42 PM
  #65
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
If we trade him we keep half of his cap hit so he only costs 3.5 mil on the cap. So something like these could be a good basis.

To Pitts for
Despres
1st

To Boston

Khokhlachev
1st
Horton

To Wash

Kuznetsov
All great deals. Teams will be desperate to push themselves over the top... I'd also take Forsberg from Washington for Iginla.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:50 PM
  #66
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
All great deals. Teams will be desperate to push themselves over the top... I'd also take Forsberg from Washington for Iginla.
I would add to Iggy to get Kuznetsov before I would take Forsberg. Kuznetsov plays the perfect game to fit with Sven.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:01 PM
  #67
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I would add to Iggy to get Kuznetsov before I would take Forsberg. Kuznetsov plays the perfect game to fit with Sven.
That would be an absolutely awful idea. What incentive would Kuznetsov have to leave the KHL to playing on a rebuilding Flames team? None..

I would not center any Iginla deal around Kuznetsov. I don't care how talented he is, it is simply far to risky.

Assets I would target;
Pittsburgh - Morrow, Bennett, Pouliot, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick
Boston - Ryan Spooner, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick
Washington - Marcus Johansson, Filip Forsberg, Dmitri Orlov, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick
Chicago - Teuvo Teravainen, Brandon Saad, Nick Leddy, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick

Etc..

A combination of two of those pieces would definitely have me interested from any of those teams.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:02 PM
  #68
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
That would be an absolutely awful idea. What incentive would Kuznetsov have to leave the KHL to playing on a rebuilding Flames team? None..

I would not center any Iginla deal around Kuznetsov. I don't care how talented he is, it is simply far to risky.

Assets I would target;
Pittsburgh - Morrow, Bennett, Pouliot, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick
Boston - Ryan Spooner, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick
Washington - Marcus Johansson, Filip Forsberg, Dmitri Orlov, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick
Chicago - Teuvo Teravainen, Brandon Saad, Nick Leddy, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick

Etc..
I believe he will come over so I am not that worried but I can understand the worry. Of the players listed there is no doubt in my mind that Kuznetsov will be the best but that is just my opinion.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:23 PM
  #69
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal
 
The Dangley One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Horton
Khokhlachev
1st

I said nothing of picks. In that scenario I'd throw in a late rd pick though if needed. We are talking about 20 some odd games plus playoffs. He'd essentially be free in a few months

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:27 PM
  #70
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballershotcaller12 View Post
I said nothing of picks. In that scenario I'd throw in a late rd pick though if needed. We are talking about 20 some odd games plus playoffs. He'd essentially be free in a few months
If you don't think 10+ teams would beat that offer for an Iginla with a cap hit of 3.5 your crazy. It isn't just how long you will have him it is also the fact that so many teams could afford him now that we can trade cap space.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:42 PM
  #71
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,111
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Nick Leddy and Saad/ first
Leddy and a 1st would be swell. Conditional 1st in following draft if Iginla re-signs with Chi?

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:01 PM
  #72
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,755
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
He scored 32 last year in 82 games. And you think he'll put up 30 in 48? That pro-rates to 51 goals. no chance
Iginla also missed all of training camp with a back injury so his traditional slow start was even slower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
Not saying it will happen but if Tanguay stays healthy and the click with Cammy, anything is possible.
This is also a factor too

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:22 PM
  #73
Shawnathon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
His NMC gives him the last say! I'm hoping it's the Coyotes...
NTC and Coyotes don't go well together.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:44 PM
  #74
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
NTC and Coyotes don't go well together.
Wouldn't go that far yotes will probably make it flames will probably just miss again and say that they don't need a rebuild.

Seems like a good fit Calgary could probably get a good you g defender and pick but I don't think their GM is a great drafter so meh.

I think after everything he resigns.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:46 PM
  #75
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Wouldn't go that far yotes will probably make it flames will probably just miss again and say that they don't need a rebuild.

Seems like a good fit Calgary could probably get a good you g defender and pick but I don't think their GM is a great drafter so meh.
scouts have more to do with drafting then GM's and over the last 2 years I have really like ours.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.