*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2012, 05:32 PM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Hope you all had a great Christmas and Boxing day. Saw some of the Owen Sound game on Rogers. Some line up changes for you guys, Murphy was on Forward, thought he was a D. One thing for sure, Owen Sound seems relentless in their puck pursuit. Also was Wood in the game, maybe he was but I did not notice. Thought Erie played better than the actual score indicated.

Any predictions on any trades before January 10, 2013, not just for Erie but any team. I think Windsor is going to make a major move, say like 2 or 3 players.

Good luck to you guys in the second half, I think that new coach will take Erie in the right direction.
Wood did not play last night, I know him and Felker were both nursing some minor injuries before the break but I am not sure of the status on either of them. Murphy was playing forward which surprised me a bit but that could be because he was filling the hole of McDavid and Wood not playing. Also, Raddysh was playing defense instead of Murphy which was a little surprising but not shocking because I thought Murphy looked a little shaky playing defense against Kitchener in the last home game.
I am looking forward to tonight's game as it is definitely winnable. Barrie is without Schiefele, Camara, and Ekblad tonight.

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 12-29-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old
12-31-2012, 01:51 PM
KnightSpit

Erie LEGION OF DOOM LINE ????

Hey

I saw something on an Erie web page, don't know if it's true ? saying a line for your game against the Ice Dogs, was or will be MURPHY, BETZ AND PETTIT, so that is what 3 forwards over 6ft 2 each and at least 200lbs.

Not that I am making any comparison to LINDROS, LECLAIR AND RENBERG, but the idea with that line in Philly is they were so big, they just wore down teams and all 3 of those guys went to the net, so even if you covered 2 of them one always got free. Don't know if Erie will be making any trades, but you can bet in Windsor at least a 3 or 4 player deal before January 10, 2013. Spits need to shake it up, like Erie did with getting a new coach, but a new coah will not happen in Windsor.

Happy New Year to you all and on one final thought, might as well give London the Memorial Cup today, cause no one is going to touch them, they might break the OHL record for win.

Old
01-04-2013, 04:39 PM
OHLFan8771

No suspension for McGuire after his game misconduct last weekend

Old
01-05-2013, 12:45 PM
KnightSpit

McGuire Hit and Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
No suspension for McGuire after his game misconduct last weekend
Wow was Branch on Holidays LOL !???. I saw the replay of the hit and thought for sure he would get at least a couple of games. Congrats on winning last night, you are now just 4 points behind the SPITS for the final playoff spot.

Windsor needs to shake things up like Eire did ie trade and or release and / or call up players. Still think there will be an Eire / Windsor Trade involving Bateman to Erie.

Old
01-05-2013, 03:48 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Wow was Branch on Holidays LOL !???. I saw the replay of the hit and thought for sure he would get at least a couple of games. Congrats on winning last night, you are now just 4 points behind the SPITS for the final playoff spot.

Windsor needs to shake things up like Eire did ie trade and or release and / or call up players. Still think there will be an Eire / Windsor Trade involving Bateman to Erie.
I dont know about Bateman to Erie, at first I thought it might be a good deal but now I do not see it as being one. Bateman is exactly what the Otters do not really need, a small d-man who will not play physical and takes up a gold education package. If he does not see any time for a struggling Windsor team I do not see how he will develop into the player that everyone thought he would be. The only way I would like this deal is if Erie gives up pretty much nothing to acquire him. At this point in time I think he is worth no more than a 4th round pick and maybe a conditional mid to late rounder.

Old
01-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Otters Fan

As OHLFan said no thanks on the Bateman offer. We have no need for a small non physical defenseman.

I will say that i thought the Otters played great this week end. They played much better defense and they seemed to move they puck much better than they have all season.
That first period friday night was by far they best period they have played all season. They seem to be making good strides under the new coach.
I understand that both teams they played this weekend are missing their studs,but we didn't have McDavid or Dansk.
Can't wait for the rest of this season should be alot of fun

Old
01-06-2013, 07:06 AM
SimonKnightsman

What about a vet guy like K Raine...his buddies Donnay, Fox are already there. I still think London wanna keep him but if they are forced to move one D....never know.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:48 PM
BramptonFan09

The acquisition of Raine doesn't really make sense here because it they already have 3 pretty solid OA's and adding Raine means they lose a pretty solid OA for nothing next year either McDowell, Fox, or Abraham. It would more sense to bring in a 94 or a 92 like Levi or MacDonald from Plymouth as long as they can get them for cheap to help them make the playoffs this year to get there young guys some experience. As for trades I think Labardo is there best trade commodity as he is the only one in eligible to return next year and a contending team would love him. I think if this team adds another depth defence man they can be very good. Since Mcdavid and dansk left there defence has been pretty good it's looked like this.

Abraham - Pelech
McDowell - Donnay
Kuleshov - Raddysh

If they can add a 94 at the deadline and a euro damn in the coming import draft to replace mules hoc then this defence will be steady next season no if ands or buts.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramptonFan09 View Post
The acquisition of Raine doesn't really make sense here because it they already have 3 pretty solid OA's and adding Raine means they lose a pretty solid OA for nothing next year either McDowell, Fox, or Abraham. It would more sense to bring in a 94 or a 92 like Levi or MacDonald from Plymouth as long as they can get them for cheap to help them make the playoffs this year to get there young guys some experience. As for trades I think Labardo is there best trade commodity as he is the only one in eligible to return next year and a contending team would love him. I think if this team adds another depth defence man they can be very good. Since Mcdavid and dansk left there defence has been pretty good it's looked like this.

Abraham - Pelech
McDowell - Donnay
Kuleshov - Raddysh

If they can add a 94 at the deadline and a euro damn in the coming import draft to replace mules hoc then this defence will be steady next season no if ands or buts.
I agree, Raine would help this year but next year could create an OA issue. I want Erie to trade for DeAngelo from Sarnia but he may cost to much. He wants out and he has potential to be a top 2 pairing d-man. I will also say that Kuleshov has played better the last few weeks, he still has some bad turnovers but defensively he has improved.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:14 PM
OHLFan8771

As NHLFanatic said in the Rangers thread Bassin has stated he will not move any young players for the teams future. I think this is a mistake because they have one big player that can have a substantial return and that is Stephen Harper. After an impressive rookie year he has struggled this year and does not seem to really be clicking with any of the linemates. I think Kyle Pettit and Hayden Hodgson have both out performed him this year and they are not given any where near the ice time. Erie could get a player like Koekoek or Deangelo in return for Harper and a few picks. I think if Erie does not make the move it could be a mistake.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:55 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
As NHLFanatic said in the Rangers thread Bassin has stated he will not move any young players for the teams future. I think this is a mistake because they have one big player that can have a substantial return and that is Stephen Harper. After an impressive rookie year he has struggled this year and does not seem to really be clicking with any of the linemates. I think Kyle Pettit and Hayden Hodgson have both out performed him this year and they are not given any where near the ice time. Erie could get a player like Koekoek or Deangelo in return for Harper and a few picks. I think if Erie does not make the move it could be a mistake.
Don't we hear this from Bassin every year. Game has passed him by....new age GM,s make him look slow.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:00 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonKnightsman View Post
Don't we hear this from Bassin every year. Game has passed him by....new age GM,s make him look slow.
It definitely seems this way, this team has a huge hole defensively and to not get a player to fill it will be a mistake. If Koekoek is to pricey maybe a player like Justin Sefton could be had for cheaper. He plays with a physical edge Erie really needs and should not be more than a few draft picks that Erie can part ways with. I really hope Bassin does something.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:40 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
It definitely seems this way, this team has a huge hole defensively and to not get a player to fill it will be a mistake. If Koekoek is to pricey maybe a player like Justin Sefton could be had for cheaper. He plays with a physical edge Erie really needs and should not be more than a few draft picks that Erie can part ways with. I really hope Bassin does something.
How this guy goes year to year and fails to surround his kids with help is beyond me.
He hoards picks afraid to spend and get better...always a rainy day thing with ole Sherry.
By next season that kid wants out is my guess...no hope, no play.

Old
01-08-2013, 05:33 PM
SimonKnightsman

Quote:
How this guy goes year to year and fails to surround his kids with help is beyond me.
He hoards picks afraid to spend and get better...always a rainy day thing with ole Sherry.
By next season that kid wants out is my guess...no hope, no play.
Minutes after I posted this he tweets out...

Sherry Bassin

Lets see how many draft picks I can get at this years #ohl trade deadline.

Old
01-08-2013, 07:10 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Minutes after I posted this he tweets out...

Sherry Bassin

Lets see how many draft picks I can get at this years #ohl trade deadline.
I'm fairly certain he doesn't have a twitter account. That must be fake

Old
01-08-2013, 07:12 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
I'm fairly certain he doesn't have a twitter account. That must be fake
I second that, I do not believe he has one either. Sounds like some one making fun of him by tweeting that.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
I second that, I do not believe he has one either. Sounds like some one making fun of him by tweeting that.
What's the deal with Dane Fox? Is he injured or back healthy now? I think he's a veteran guy that could really help the bulls. Would the otter move him?

Old
01-09-2013, 10:06 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
What's the deal with Dane Fox? Is he injured or back healthy now? I think he's a veteran guy that could really help the bulls. Would the otter move him?
He is back in the lineup,playing very well,counted on as being an o/a next yr
Doubt they wish to move him,a gritty guy who can play

Old
01-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Otters Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
He had hat trick on saturday and has been playing well since he came back. Zero chance the Otters trade him as some one else said he will be o/a next season.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:05 PM
BramptonFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters Fan View Post
He had hat trick on saturday and has been playing well since he came back. Zero chance the Otters trade him as some one else said he will be o/a next season.
The otters need to do something! My bet is no one wants to go to Erie but what they don't realize is this team has serious potential for next year

Old
01-09-2013, 02:36 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramptonFan09 View Post
The otters need to do something! My bet is no one wants to go to Erie but what they don't realize is this team has serious potential for next year
That might be true, I have not heard to much on the trades involving Erie but that would not surprise me one bit. If they were able to add a player like Sefton, Koekoek, or even Deangelo for the price of Harper, then add their first round pick and import pick, this team would easily contend next season. It is unfortunate if true considering the crowds in Erie are like no where else in the league. Erie sits in last place but 3 of their last 4 home games had 4,000+ and last Saturday was a sellout.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:54 PM
massey

Quote:
That might be true, I have not heard to much on the trades involving Erie but that would not surprise me one bit. If they were able to add a player like Sefton, Koekoek, or even Deangelo for the price of Harper, then add their first round pick and import pick, this team would easily contend next season. It is unfortunate if true considering the crowds in Erie are like no where else in the league. Erie sits in last place but 3 of their last 4 home games had 4,000+ and last Saturday was a sellout.
Unsure why you think the sting would trade DeAngelo for Harper at +/- -18.Talent wise I think the Sting would loose that one for sure.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:59 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Unsure why you think the sting would trade DeAngelo for Harper at +/- -18.Talent wise I think the Sting would loose that one for sure.
Picks would have to be involved too, I only said DeAngelo because of other rumors of him not being happy in Sarnia.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:51 PM
OHLFan8771

After seeing what Sefton went to London for there is really no reason Erie could not have made an offer and landed him.(Barring on him reporting) Sefton for Raine and a conditional 4th rounder? Erie could have easily picked him up for two or three draft picks and not have had to trade anything any players.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
After seeing what Sefton went to London for there is really no reason Erie could not have made an offer and landed him.(Barring on him reporting) Sefton for Raine and a conditional 4th rounder? Erie could have easily picked him up for two or three draft picks and not have had to trade anything any players.
No doubt Sudbury wanted a body in return more so then a pick

Closed Thread