Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Hattrick - Online Football Manager Game

Old
01-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Hattrick - Online Football Manager Game

Haven't seen a thread on "Hattrick" in a while and wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

Hattrick is probably the best online multiplayer football management game out there (and free, to boot). You start off with a team of randomly generated guys with different skill sets, in a league with some human and some automated managers. Each week, your team plays a game against a league opponent and you have the option (highly encouraged) to schedule a friendly against anyone else. As your players play games, they increase their skill levels according to the training type you choose.

It's highly addictive for those of us who like fantasy sports and team management. When playing sport games on consoles, I like features such as drafts, scouting, recruiting and the like more than the actual gameplay. If you're like that, or just want a challenge, I recommend checking it out.

I think that if you follow the link below, you'll be placed in my league (you'd replace one of the automated teams) and would be much more fun that way!

http://www.hattrick.org/Signup/Invite.aspx?ref=XT3M5J

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
After playing off and on for a couple of years and never making it higher than D V., I'm giving it another go, this time as an AOA oriented team.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
After playing off and on for a couple of years and never making it higher than D V., I'm giving it another go, this time as an AOA oriented team.
I quit playing a few years ago too, but just because I was too busy to keep up at that time. I started again back in August and like some of the changes they've made, just wished I "knew" some of the people in my league. Hope you replace one of my league's bots!

Old
01-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Very cool - I have three new HF'ers join my league. Those of you who signed up, feel free to ask as many questions as possible!

Old
01-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Oenatzu
Chad-in-the-Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
Very cool - I have three new HF'ers join my league. Those of you who signed up, feel free to ask as many questions as possible!
I think I'm gonna need to do a complete rebuild before the Antons can challenge for the league title

Oenatzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:26 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 1832
I've had AFC Apex for a while now. Got all the way up to US III and finishing as well as 2nd with AOW and crossing training before hitting a wall. Currently fighting my way through a Div IV playing CA and doing defense training.... yeah it's not working so well. I may go back to crossing to train up my wings/wingbacks and make another run at ML that way. The success rate was a lot higher. I'll just wait until some of my home-grown defense prospects are ready for me to make that kind of move (about 2 more seasons). If I can bring the kind of defense I have now (mag.+ rating) with the attack ratings I was pulling and a better midfield I'll be absolutely deadly.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
I used to play Mangerzone, is Hattrick better? Mangerzone had huge depth and was superfun. It also took a lot of skills.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Didn't play Mangerzone so can't comment on it. Hattrick does have 600k+ people, but had over 1,000,000 a few years ago. You get up to two matches per week and then a newly implemented youth team feature lets you manage the youth team as well.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Quote:
Didn't play Mangerzone so can't comment on it. Hattrick does have 600k+ people, but had over 1,000,000 a few years ago. You get up to two matches per week and then a newly implemented youth team feature lets you manage the youth team as well.
Mangerzone has all that too. Not intrested in playing one of theese again since they are so time consuming. It is more fun if you play with friends. Even after 3 years, my club was still not in top division of Sweden

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlasting View Post
Mangerzone has all that too. Not intrested in playing one of theese again since they are so time consuming. It is more fun if you play with friends. Even after 3 years, my club was still not in top division of Sweden
Yea, seems very similar. It can be as time-consuming as you make it, right now, I have the time and enjoy it. Getting back into school later this year so that may change then!

We have 4 HFboards folks in my league now so I'll stick around there for a couple seasons til I'm ready to promote.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Trepanated

Nice to see a new thread for this. It was the thread on this board that first got me into Hattrick. Hard to believe that was almost 4 years ago now.

Anyway, I still think it's a really fun game, and haven't found anything to really match it among all the other zillions of sports managers out there. I definitely agree that there's a lot to learn and the best way is to ask questions, so I encourage any who's new to do that.

I've got a promotion qualifier tomorrow night to make it to the ML, so wish me luck.

Trepanated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepanated View Post
Nice to see a new thread for this. It was the thread on this board that first got me into Hattrick. Hard to believe that was almost 4 years ago now.

Anyway, I still think it's a really fun game, and haven't found anything to really match it among all the other zillions of sports managers out there. I definitely agree that there's a lot to learn and the best way is to ask questions, so I encourage any who's new to do that.

I've got a promotion qualifier tomorrow night to make it to the ML, so wish me luck.
How did that go? I pic'ed mine and almost ended up winning somehow, I'm not ready to start promoting yet!

Old
01-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Trepanated

Quote:
How did that go? I pic'ed mine and almost ended up winning somehow, I'm not ready to start promoting yet!
The qualifier itself went great. I pulled out a 3-1 win, with a bit of luck. Matchid was 410223752

So that puts me in the ML, with the lowest wages and the lowest cash in hand. Not a good situation. On top of that, my first league match was against one of my main relegation rivals on the road. I think my tactics were ok and I put myself in a decent position to pick up points, but ended up losing 4-2. I'll be seeing if I can move a couple of older players over the next couple weeks who are mainly depth guys now, to see if I can cobble together enough money to buy an impact player.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:11 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I've been playing for about 4, but I have decided my approach is to try and just make money. I actually stayed in D VI US (- the lowest league) to increase my team for a better play in D V, but I am just mediocre in D V. I am training scoring and then I'm gonna sell some players and start training PM.

I have found the the best way to win is either to have a dominant midfield or play counter attack. And since a dominant midfield is pricey, I think Counter attack is the way to go.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepanated View Post
I'll be seeing if I can move a couple of older players over the next couple weeks who are mainly depth guys now, to see if I can cobble together enough money to buy an impact player.

if you get some together, you should be able to find someone, depending on how much time you want to spend on the transfer market.

Old
02-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Trepanated

Quote:
if you get some together, you should be able to find someone, depending on how much time you want to spend on the transfer market.
It's not so much the time anymore. They implemented prospect searches (might be supporter only?) which will alert you when someone who matches your criteria gets listed. It's really handy.

But the money . . . yeah, that's a problem.

Old
02-07-2013, 02:06 PM
kg458
Capstronaut

Congrats on making it to the ML! Pretty big accomplishment (relatively speaking anyway). I kinda figured you and Belizarius would make it to the top around the same time.

Now that stuff is settling down for me IRL I think I'm probably going to get back into Hattrick. I'll probably start up a team in the next few weeks. Wish I could go back and get my old team, but starting new is kind of fun as well.

kg458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Trepanated

Thanks! I don't recall exactly when you left, but after stagnating for awhile they've made some pretty nice changes recently. Not to the core of the engine, unfortunately, because that could use some tweaks IMO. But some nice things that improve the experience.

It is too bad you lost your old team, but since you already know how to play you'll hit the ground running and improve really rapidly.

Old
05-09-2013, 07:16 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

So apparently one of my star wingers ended up making the Venezuelan National Team. They're probably training him up to be coach looking at the rest of their roster given he's the only one on it with solid leadership.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:41 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

and just like that he's gone... odd, guess they're getting a look at everything they have before the TS change.

Old
06-09-2013, 12:54 AM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
New team record yesterday : 400 hat stats !

I'm back in France III level.
And now have a second team in V.117 in Canada.

Belizarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 02:27 AM
tobo

LOL, is that game still around? I just to play it back in the early 00's.
Good times.

tobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2013, 04:04 AM
icing

I actually made a comeback a couple of days ago. Started playing in the spring 2000 and had about 4-5 years of joy before losing the interest. Started a new team now with the same name. Ah the memories.

Also have a look att PPM (powerplay manager). Football, Hockey and now Handball. It's fun.

icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
I actually made a comeback a couple of days ago. Started playing in the spring 2000 and had about 4-5 years of joy before losing the interest. Started a new team now with the same name. Ah the memories.

Also have a look att PPM (powerplay manager). Football, Hockey and now Handball. It's fun.
I also have teams at Power Play Managers.
You'll find Ligeriens teams in :
Hockey, France IV.7
Soccer, France IV.8
Handball, France V.1

Feel free to play friendlies

PPM needs tons of patience because you need to develop all the structures, and it takes a loooooot of time before being really competitive.I dont like the credits system, but still a fun game and training is interesting.

I also have a basket ball team on Buzzer Beater, a team on Maxithlon (athletics) and a team in Blackout Rugby

Belizarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Started playing again. Developing forwards this time around.

http://www74.hattrick.org/Club/?TeamID=229240

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote