HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2013, 09:51 AM
stalockrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Team USA comes from 0-1 deficit to win 3-1 (with ENG to seal deal) in gold medal game.

Gibson - MVP of tournament, best goalie
2 USA defensemen = best defensemen of tournament
And one USA forward named to tournament "all team" (along with RNH and Sweden's Forsberg).
So impressed with this US team! I really hate that Gibson is an Anaheim prospect but damn was he good (and has been for a long time!)

It's awesome that Kuraly got to be part of a gold winning team, just a great experience for him and he was pretty good today.

Also, really happy to get back to a normal sleep schedule - I'm tired!

Old
01-05-2013, 06:29 PM
LeeIFBB
Teflon Doug

Save us Tomas Hertl.

Old
01-05-2013, 08:46 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Aportzline 6:29pm via TweetDeck That Kuraly / Murphy picture, courtesy of USA Hockey, says it all. Was told later in the day they "had a blast" calling in to @RBar_AD fans!

Aportzline 6:27pm via Twitter for BlackBerry® Dublin residents Sean Kuraly and Connor Murphy, taken after today's gold medal win over Sweden #2013WJC pic.twitter.com/0M2MwEvz

Old
01-06-2013, 01:41 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Seems like the US is winning the under-18 every year. It makes sense that we'd eventually win the under-20.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:10 PM
sharkfan95
Stalock is the best

Do you think Stalock will be the backup? I really hope he is!!!!!!!!

Old
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkfan95 View Post
Do you think Stalock will be the backup? I really hope he is!!!!!!!!
Nope, unless someone blows away DW w/ a trade offer for Niemi or Greiss which I don't see happening.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Nope, unless someone blows away DW w/ a trade offer for Niemi or Greiss which I don't see happening.
Yeah or (knock on wood) an injury.

Speaking of call-ups, did anything change in terms of callup procedure with the new CBA? Wouldn't Stalock have to go through waivers if nothing was altered? I don't think Wilson would risk it.

Those things considered, I can't see too many WSharks getting a camp invite if at all.

Old
01-08-2013, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
Yeah or (knock on wood) an injury.

Speaking of call-ups, did anything change in terms of callup procedure with the new CBA? Wouldn't Stalock have to go through waivers if nothing was altered? I don't think Wilson would risk it.

Those things considered, I can't see too many WSharks getting a camp invite if at all.
Presuming recall waivers didn't change Stalock isn't subject to them so it would only be going back after 10 games played (or sitting on the bench)

As for camp invites, Sheppard is a lock to go. Plus maybe Kennedy (if his injury isn't serious, the WorSharks still aren't talking about it) or McCarthy. I also think McLaren is going. On defense it depends on who is healthy in SJ and here...probably Irwin is going, and maybe one of Petrecki/Tennyson(unlikely)/Pelech(needs to be signed).

Old
01-08-2013, 06:59 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Tweet from yesterday indicated McLellan stating that they were planning on only having ~25 bodies in camp.

Old
01-08-2013, 08:00 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post

As for camp invites, Sheppard is a lock to go. Plus maybe Kennedy (if his injury isn't serious, the WorSharks still aren't talking about it) or McCarthy. I also think McLaren is going. On defense it depends on who is healthy in SJ and here...probably Irwin is going, and maybe one of Petrecki/Tennyson(unlikely)/Pelech(needs to be signed).
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci...ortened-season

Neither McLellan nor Wilson would identify which players might be called up. But based on their play and injuries to other prospects, forward James Sheppard and defensemen Matt Irwin and Matt Tennyson are most likely headed to San Jose.

01-08-2013, 09:05 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci...ortened-season

Neither McLellan nor Wilson would identify which players might be called up. But based on their play and injuries to other prospects, forward James Sheppard and defensemen Matt Irwin and Matt Tennyson are most likely headed to San Jose.
Those are the 3 I figured would be invited to camp, along w/ McCarthy of course, considering the possible injuries to d-men, if Kennedy hadn't been injured I'd think he would've been invited as well.

Last edited by stalockrox: 01-08-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old
01-08-2013, 01:04 PM
stalockrox

Corey Pronman and Chris Peters posted their final thoughts on the WJC, here's what they had to say about the two Sharks prospects that were there:

Corey Pronman on Hertl:
Quote:
The Czechs main strength was their top trio, with Tomas Hertl (SJS) centering Dmitrij Jaskin (STL) and Tomas Hyka (LAK). Hyka did well, showing good if not great skating ability and some offensive skill, but the standouts were Hertl and Jaskin, who were among the best forwards at the tournament. It has been a few years since the Sharks have had a really good prospect, and Tomas Hertl looks like that prospect. His high level of puck skills and offensive hockey sense were consistently evident.
Chris Peters on Kuraly:
Quote:
The tournament really couldn’t have started any better for Kuraly. Scoring 19 seconds into Team USA’s first game, it looked as though Kuraly might be reclaiming the offensive touch that he had in Lake Placid as the camp’s leading scorer in August.

That never really materialized, as Kuraly finished with three points. That said, Kuraly’s skills allowed the U.S. to play the style it wanted through all four lines. His size and speed were huge factors in all zones as he gave that second scoring line with Galchenyuk and Barber at least a little defensive value.

He may have lacked the touch of a top-six center, but he was really the only option. That line played at a very high tempo, one that Kuraly was able to handle very well and he was good on draws throughout the tournament. It started with a bang and kind of trailed off, but I think Kuraly brought some good energy to the top six and with some better finish could have had a much more productive tournament.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Presuming recall waivers didn't change Stalock isn't subject to them so it would only be going back after 10 games played (or sitting on the bench)

Thanks 210! I realized that he was short 35 pro games, but I forgot how age works into it. I knew 25 was significant. Is it 25+1?

Old
01-08-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Thanks 210! I realized that he was short 35 pro games, but I forgot how age works into it. I knew 25 was significant. Is it 25+1?
The only age that plays a role I think is the age you sign your ELC...

Old
01-08-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Those are the 3 I figured would be invited to camp, along w/ McCarthy of course, considering the possible injuries to d-men, if Kennedy hadn't been injured I'd think he would've been invited as well.
I think McLaren is going too...

Old
01-08-2013, 03:18 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
I think McLaren is going too...
Nope...it's not happening!

Old
01-08-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Nope...it's not happening!

Old
01-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
The only age that plays a role I think is the age you sign your ELC...
I had to look, I think this is where I got confused (from page 67 of the 2005 cba)

"A Player 25 years old or older who plays in one (1) or more Professional
Games in any season shall be exempt from Regular Waivers and Re-Entry Waivers for
the remainder of that season."

Old
01-08-2013, 06:08 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
I had to look, I think this is where I got confused (from page 67 of the 2005 cba)

"A Player 25 years old or older who plays in one (1) or more Professional
Games in any season shall be exempt from Regular Waivers and Re-Entry Waivers for
the remainder of that season."
There are no longer re-entry waivers with the new CBA. Here's the quote form the other thread:

Quote:
- Another interesting one: Getting rid of re-entry waivers could really help some players on the fringe. Previously, those that were making more than $105,000 in the AHL had to pass through re-entry, which made teams reluctant to recall players in that situation and players reluctant to sign for more than that amount.
And from capgeek
Quote:
CapGeek @capgeek
Reentry waivers have been eliminated, removing one cap calculation nightmare.

Last edited by stalockrox: 01-08-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

Oh sweet thanks man! Like 210 and I were talking about just before, we weren't sure if anything changed. That changes so much.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:51 AM
stalockrox

Boston University (Nieto, O'Regan) is taking on Harvard (Blackwell) today at 4pm on the NBC Sport Network.

Harvard lost half their defense earlier this season so they haven't been very good but Blackwell is healthy and back in the lineup and has been playing pretty well considering.

This game also has Danny O'Regan playing against his brother Tommy O'Regan.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:38 PM
stalockrox

Sharks prospect Justin Sefton probably feels like he just won the lottery:

The London Knights @GoLondonKnights
Knights trade d-man @makeitraine20 plus cond. 4th round pick in 2015 to Sudbury in exchange for d-man @justinsefton #KnightsTalk

Old
01-09-2013, 03:49 PM
param

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sharks prospect Justin Sefton probably feels like he just won the lottery:

The London Knights @GoLondonKnights
Knights trade d-man @makeitraine20 plus cond. 4th round pick in 2015 to Sudbury in exchange for d-man @justinsefton #KnightsTalk
Maybe Dale Hunter likes what he sees in a guy like Sefton? Let's not forget Hunter is a guy who puts value on hard work and responsible defensive play.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Kitten Mittons

I hope all of our prospects play for London so it'd be easier to follow.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:52 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Boston University (Nieto, O'Regan) is taking on Harvard (Blackwell) today at 4pm on the NBC Sport Network.

Harvard lost half their defense earlier this season so they haven't been very good but Blackwell is healthy and back in the lineup and has been playing pretty well considering.

This game also has Danny O'Regan playing against his brother Tommy O'Regan.
Will be there!

Closed Thread