HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 9.0 - #Goldchenyuk Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 02:17 PM
  #326
theOutsider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Could you guys help me point out any defensive mistake Galchenyuk has made during his WJC run? Unfortunately, no example comes to my mind right now...
Statistically, he was on the ice only for only 1 goal against (during the game against Slovakia).
Usually what determines if top offensive prospects can make it to the NHL is the level of their defensive game.

theOutsider is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 02:55 PM
  #327
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He's going to be #94 guys. He decided on it at the NHLPA showcase - where they film the footage for merchandise (trading cards and such).

That's more evidence than what happened at summer camp.

Bourque is changing numbers because Campoli had 17.
That's great, always like that when Perreault had it

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 03:20 PM
  #328
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.
 
Montreal Impact FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 1,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He's going to be #94 guys. He decided on it at the NHLPA showcase - where they film the footage for merchandise (trading cards and such).

That's more evidence than what happened at summer camp.

Bourque is changing numbers because Campoli had 17.
You mean like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5BD...e_gdata_player

I dont think subby wears 89.

Basically he will wear 27.

Sorry. That doesnt mean he cant change it.


Last edited by Montreal Impact FC: 01-09-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Montreal Impact FC is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 03:31 PM
  #329
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
It seems that Bourque keeps his #17, and leave #27 to Galchenyuk.

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...ve-199651.html

zzoo is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 03:40 PM
  #330
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 500
If Gal does manages to make and stick with the team, how many points does he put up? Tsn has him at 44GP 26 points.

CP31 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 03:40 PM
  #331
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
If Gal does manages to make and stick with the team, how many points does he put up? Tsn has him at 44GP 26 points.
Less than 15.

guest1467 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 03:42 PM
  #332
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
If Gal does manages to make and stick with the team, how many points does he put up? Tsn has him at 44GP 26 points.
If we play him with Plekanec, I could see him tearing it up.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 04:08 PM
  #333
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
15 goals 15 assists 30 points? in 45-48 games

I expect him to make about 50 points on a 82 games schedule as a rookie..in Montreal!

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 04:14 PM
  #334
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
15 goals 15 assists 30 points? in 45-48 games

I expect him to make about 50 points on a 82 games schedule as a rookie..in Montreal!
If he cracked 20 points this season I'd be surprised. His first step needs significant work, and there is also the adaptation to the NHL itself.

I think he'll settle into a perennial 70-80pt NHL player, but I don't expect it to be overnight. I don't think 50 points over 82 is out of the question for next season if he plays the half-season this year though. If he stays in Sarnia and comes up for next season, I'd predict around .5PPG.

He'll be around PPG around his 3rd NHL season, that'd be my prediction.

JGRB is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
  #335
Lebowski
Registered User
 
Lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Less than 15.
If he gets top 6 minutes? I'd bet on 25+ points.

Lebowski is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 04:22 PM
  #336
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
15 goals 15 assists 30 points? in 45-48 games

I expect him to make about 50 points on a 82 games schedule as a rookie..in Montreal!
That would project him to be around the same kind of rookie season as Taveres and Stamkos. Come on.

I love Galchenyuk as much as any of you but this kind of overrating is only going to lead to disappointment.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 04:30 PM
  #337
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,020
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
If he gets top 6 minutes? I'd bet on 25+ points.
I highly doubt he'll get much time outside of the 4th line. I'm going to second the less than 15 prediction.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 04:58 PM
  #338
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
That would project him to be around the same kind of rookie season as Taveres and Stamkos. Come on.

I love Galchenyuk as much as any of you but this kind of overrating is only going to lead to disappointment.
Landeskog had 52 points last year, RNH too. I believe Galchenyuk has more offensive upside than Landeskog. Duchene finished his rookie year with 55 points. Stamkos finished with 46 points. So yeah, I'm expecting him to produce at least 45-50 pts on a full season as a rookie. but 26 points in 48 games just like TSN's prediction is not bad too.

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 05:06 PM
  #339
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,117
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Landeskog had 52 points last year, RNH too. I believe Galchenyuk has more offensive upside than Landeskog. Duchene finished his rookie year with 55 points. Stamkos finished with 46 points. So yeah, I'm expecting him to produce at least 45-50 pts on a full season as a rookie. but 26 points in 48 games just like TSN's prediction is not bad too.
It would depend what line he'd play on and if he'd get powerplay time. Keep in mind Montreal usually plays a fairly defensive system. We'll see if/how Therrien changes that up.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 05:08 PM
  #340
Impossible Glory
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Shore
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
It would depend what line he'd play on and if he'd get powerplay time. Keep in mind Montreal usually plays a fairly defensive system. We'll see if/how Therrien changes that up.
Well, Gaston Therrien said that our new coach likes to have offense coming from his 3rd line. Don't know if I trust what that guy said but if it's true, that would be good news for Gally. Assuming he'll play on the top 3 lines, he'd have a chance to produce for sure.

Impossible Glory is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 05:29 PM
  #341
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
Well, Gaston Therrien said that our new coach likes to have offense coming from his 3rd line. Don't know if I trust what that guy said but if it's true, that would be good news for Gally. Assuming he'll play on the top 3 lines, he'd have a chance to produce for sure.
Gaston Therrien is a retard. I hate using that word, but he's scum in the media world.

That said, Therrien, like any other coach likes offense coming from their 3rd line, as long as they're defensively responsible and dependable.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 05:35 PM
  #342
cphabs
It complels you!
 
cphabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: WNY
Country: United States
Posts: 723
vCash: 500
Hmm, I bet he makes the team as a 4th line RW for 25 games while slowly going insane. Heck, why not? We've only needed a big, skilled, driven, center for the last 10+ years! Please, somebody save Leblanc

cphabs is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 05:45 PM
  #343
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,976
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I highly doubt he'll get much time outside of the 4th line.
Then he shouldn't be here.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 06:43 PM
  #344
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,699
vCash: 500
I'm so sick of reading about his "ELC", this thread should just be locked until TC. I think I read one guy say he hoped Galchenyuk didn't do well during camp, so as to not waste a year on his ELC. Seriously??!! WTF guys... we're supposed to know more about hockey than the average person!! Step it up!

If he's good enough to play this year, then a year on his ELC will not be wasted, it will be used, exactly like it should be. If he can't hack it, or you're on the fence about it, he goes back down. Simple.

If him staying up this year causes a "major impact on the salary cap" later on, then that is a beautiful problem to have! You worry about it then, not now. If our GM doesn't know how to properly handle this, then you fire his ass.

Oh and his first step does not "need significant work". Where are you guys getting this stuff from? Sure, he could work on it, but it's not like he's slow in any way!

HankyZetts is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 06:47 PM
  #345
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
I don't want to see another under 19 kid "burned" at NHL level in Montreal. Keep him in the OHL. PLEASE !

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 06:51 PM
  #346
habsfanatics
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
I'm so sick of reading about his "ELC", this thread should just be locked until TC. I think I read one guy say he hoped Galchenyuk didn't do well during camp, so as to not waste a year on his ELC. Seriously??!! WTF guys... we're supposed to know more about hockey than the average person!! Step it up!

If he's good enough to play this year, then a year on his ELC will not be wasted, it will be used, exactly like it should be. If he can't hack it, or you're on the fence about it, he goes back down. Simple.

If him staying up this year causes a "major impact on the salary cap" later on, then that is a beautiful problem to have! You worry about it then, not now. If our GM doesn't know how to properly handle this, then you fire his ass.

Oh and his first step does not "need significant work". Where are you guys getting this stuff from? Sure, he could work on it, but it's not like he's slow in any way!
He won't make the team.

habsfanatics is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 06:52 PM
  #347
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
I'm so sick of reading about his "ELC", this thread should just be locked until TC. I think I read one guy say he hoped Galchenyuk didn't do well during camp, so as to not waste a year on his ELC. Seriously??!! WTF guys... we're supposed to know more about hockey than the average person!! Step it up!

If he's good enough to play this year, then a year on his ELC will not be wasted, it will be used, exactly like it should be. If he can't hack it, or you're on the fence about it, he goes back down. Simple.

If him staying up this year causes a "major impact on the salary cap" later on, then that is a beautiful problem to have! You worry about it then, not now. If our GM doesn't know how to properly handle this, then you fire his ass.

Oh and his first step does not "need significant work". Where are you guys getting this stuff from? Sure, he could work on it, but it's not like he's slow in any way!
THIS x A Trillion

Ultimately, he will decide his destiny this year.

CP31 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 06:58 PM
  #348
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Landeskog had 52 points last year, RNH too. I believe Galchenyuk has more offensive upside than Landeskog. Duchene finished his rookie year with 55 points. Stamkos finished with 46 points. So yeah, I'm expecting him to produce at least 45-50 pts on a full season as a rookie. but 26 points in 48 games just like TSN's prediction is not bad too.
If Galchenyuk even makes the team it'll probably be closer to a role like Seguin did with the Bruins, and Seguin is better than Duchene and probably Landeskog despite the stats. Galchenyuk isn't exceptionally developed for his age the way Landeskog was and the DD line will be getting the Habs prime offensive matchups.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 07:02 PM
  #349
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
If Galchenyuk even makes the team it'll probably be closer to a role like Seguin did with the Bruins, and Seguin is better than Duchene and probably Landeskog despite the stats. Galchenyuk isn't exceptionally developed for his age the way Landeskog was and the DD line will be getting the Habs prime offensive matchups.
Bergevin won't keep him in Montreal if he cannot play on top-9. No need to waste the kid's time on a 4th line or in the stands.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
  #350
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Bergevin won't keep him in Montreal if he cannot play on top-9. No need to waste the kid's time on a 4th line or in the stands.
If he shows he can handle it, I'd like to see him on the wing next to Plekanec actually, think they'd be a good fit and it would free up offensive players to play with Eller. But if Plek matches up against the opposing best lines like usual, I don't think we can expect big numbers from Gally.

Et le But is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.