HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 9.0 - #Goldchenyuk Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 02:17 PM
theOutsider

vCash: 500
Could you guys help me point out any defensive mistake Galchenyuk has made during his WJC run? Unfortunately, no example comes to my mind right now...
Statistically, he was on the ice only for only 1 goal against (during the game against Slovakia).
Usually what determines if top offensive prospects can make it to the NHL is the level of their defensive game.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He's going to be #94 guys. He decided on it at the NHLPA showcase - where they film the footage for merchandise (trading cards and such).

That's more evidence than what happened at summer camp.

Bourque is changing numbers because Campoli had 17.
That's great, always like that when Perreault had it

Old
01-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He's going to be #94 guys. He decided on it at the NHLPA showcase - where they film the footage for merchandise (trading cards and such).

That's more evidence than what happened at summer camp.

Bourque is changing numbers because Campoli had 17.
You mean like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5BD...e_gdata_player

I dont think subby wears 89.

Basically he will wear 27.

Sorry. That doesnt mean he cant change it.

Last edited by Montreal Impact FC: 01-09-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old
01-09-2013, 03:31 PM
zzoo

It seems that Bourque keeps his #17, and leave #27 to Galchenyuk.

http://www.985sports.ca/hockey/nouve...ve-199651.html

Old
01-09-2013, 03:40 PM
CP31

If Gal does manages to make and stick with the team, how many points does he put up? Tsn has him at 44GP 26 points.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:40 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
If Gal does manages to make and stick with the team, how many points does he put up? Tsn has him at 44GP 26 points.
Less than 15.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:42 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
If we play him with Plekanec, I could see him tearing it up.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

15 goals 15 assists 30 points? in 45-48 games

I expect him to make about 50 points on a 82 games schedule as a rookie..in Montreal!

Old
01-09-2013, 04:14 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post

I expect him to make about 50 points on a 82 games schedule as a rookie..in Montreal!
If he cracked 20 points this season I'd be surprised. His first step needs significant work, and there is also the adaptation to the NHL itself.

I think he'll settle into a perennial 70-80pt NHL player, but I don't expect it to be overnight. I don't think 50 points over 82 is out of the question for next season if he plays the half-season this year though. If he stays in Sarnia and comes up for next season, I'd predict around .5PPG.

He'll be around PPG around his 3rd NHL season, that'd be my prediction.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Less than 15.
If he gets top 6 minutes? I'd bet on 25+ points.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Et le But

Quote:

That would project him to be around the same kind of rookie season as Taveres and Stamkos. Come on.

I love Galchenyuk as much as any of you but this kind of overrating is only going to lead to disappointment.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
If he gets top 6 minutes? I'd bet on 25+ points.
I highly doubt he'll get much time outside of the 4th line. I'm going to second the less than 15 prediction.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
That would project him to be around the same kind of rookie season as Taveres and Stamkos. Come on.

I love Galchenyuk as much as any of you but this kind of overrating is only going to lead to disappointment.
Landeskog had 52 points last year, RNH too. I believe Galchenyuk has more offensive upside than Landeskog. Duchene finished his rookie year with 55 points. Stamkos finished with 46 points. So yeah, I'm expecting him to produce at least 45-50 pts on a full season as a rookie. but 26 points in 48 games just like TSN's prediction is not bad too.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Landeskog had 52 points last year, RNH too. I believe Galchenyuk has more offensive upside than Landeskog. Duchene finished his rookie year with 55 points. Stamkos finished with 46 points. So yeah, I'm expecting him to produce at least 45-50 pts on a full season as a rookie. but 26 points in 48 games just like TSN's prediction is not bad too.
It would depend what line he'd play on and if he'd get powerplay time. Keep in mind Montreal usually plays a fairly defensive system. We'll see if/how Therrien changes that up.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Impossible Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
It would depend what line he'd play on and if he'd get powerplay time. Keep in mind Montreal usually plays a fairly defensive system. We'll see if/how Therrien changes that up.
Well, Gaston Therrien said that our new coach likes to have offense coming from his 3rd line. Don't know if I trust what that guy said but if it's true, that would be good news for Gally. Assuming he'll play on the top 3 lines, he'd have a chance to produce for sure.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post
Well, Gaston Therrien said that our new coach likes to have offense coming from his 3rd line. Don't know if I trust what that guy said but if it's true, that would be good news for Gally. Assuming he'll play on the top 3 lines, he'd have a chance to produce for sure.
Gaston Therrien is a retard. I hate using that word, but he's scum in the media world.

That said, Therrien, like any other coach likes offense coming from their 3rd line, as long as they're defensively responsible and dependable.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:35 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Hmm, I bet he makes the team as a 4th line RW for 25 games while slowly going insane. Heck, why not? We've only needed a big, skilled, driven, center for the last 10+ years! Please, somebody save Leblanc

Old
01-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I highly doubt he'll get much time outside of the 4th line.
Then he shouldn't be here.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:43 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

I'm so sick of reading about his "ELC", this thread should just be locked until TC. I think I read one guy say he hoped Galchenyuk didn't do well during camp, so as to not waste a year on his ELC. Seriously??!! WTF guys... we're supposed to know more about hockey than the average person!! Step it up!

If he's good enough to play this year, then a year on his ELC will not be wasted, it will be used, exactly like it should be. If he can't hack it, or you're on the fence about it, he goes back down. Simple.

If him staying up this year causes a "major impact on the salary cap" later on, then that is a beautiful problem to have! You worry about it then, not now. If our GM doesn't know how to properly handle this, then you fire his ass.

Oh and his first step does not "need significant work". Where are you guys getting this stuff from? Sure, he could work on it, but it's not like he's slow in any way!

Old
01-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Habtchum*

I don't want to see another under 19 kid "burned" at NHL level in Montreal. Keep him in the OHL. PLEASE !

Old
01-09-2013, 06:51 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
I'm so sick of reading about his "ELC", this thread should just be locked until TC. I think I read one guy say he hoped Galchenyuk didn't do well during camp, so as to not waste a year on his ELC. Seriously??!! WTF guys... we're supposed to know more about hockey than the average person!! Step it up!

If he's good enough to play this year, then a year on his ELC will not be wasted, it will be used, exactly like it should be. If he can't hack it, or you're on the fence about it, he goes back down. Simple.

If him staying up this year causes a "major impact on the salary cap" later on, then that is a beautiful problem to have! You worry about it then, not now. If our GM doesn't know how to properly handle this, then you fire his ass.

Oh and his first step does not "need significant work". Where are you guys getting this stuff from? Sure, he could work on it, but it's not like he's slow in any way!
He won't make the team.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:52 PM
CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post

THIS x A Trillion

Ultimately, he will decide his destiny this year.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Et le But

Quote:
If Galchenyuk even makes the team it'll probably be closer to a role like Seguin did with the Bruins, and Seguin is better than Duchene and probably Landeskog despite the stats. Galchenyuk isn't exceptionally developed for his age the way Landeskog was and the DD line will be getting the Habs prime offensive matchups.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
If Galchenyuk even makes the team it'll probably be closer to a role like Seguin did with the Bruins, and Seguin is better than Duchene and probably Landeskog despite the stats. Galchenyuk isn't exceptionally developed for his age the way Landeskog was and the DD line will be getting the Habs prime offensive matchups.
Bergevin won't keep him in Montreal if he cannot play on top-9. No need to waste the kid's time on a 4th line or in the stands.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Bergevin won't keep him in Montreal if he cannot play on top-9. No need to waste the kid's time on a 4th line or in the stands.
If he shows he can handle it, I'd like to see him on the wing next to Plekanec actually, think they'd be a good fit and it would free up offensive players to play with Eller. But if Plek matches up against the opposing best lines like usual, I don't think we can expect big numbers from Gally.

Closed Thread