Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 04:04 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Some transfer rumors here in France :
- Fellaini is very close to Chelsea, but United is still a possibility. Fee would be around 27M€.
- Moussa Sissoko has proposals from Sunderland, Newcastle, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Tottenham in England (he's free this summer). Marseille and Monaco have also made nice offers and the player is considering staying in France to make sure he makes the WC squad.
- Toulalan could leave Malaga for Atletico or Valencia. Malaga is trying to sell because of their financial problems and Toulalan's impressive Liga performances are catching the eyes of many Liga teams.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Would like Sissoko but not counting on it.

Liverpool are trying to cut Sahin's loan deal short with Dortmund looking to take him on loan from Madrid. It's unfortunate this didn't work out, but all in all he didn't impress much in his appearances and the team has been far better with him not in it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-32570280/

Old
01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
I just want us to get M'Vila in order to see less and less of Aaron Ramsey. Having a midfield of Wilshere-M'Vila-Carzola would be something I wouldn't mind at all and we'd have Arteta coming off the bench as well.

Not a fan of Ramsey, at all, and for some reason Wenger likes to utilise him alot. He just seems to be a second behind everyone else and ****s up wayyyyyyyyy too often when in the clear.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:30 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Would like Sissoko but not counting on it.

Liverpool are trying to cut Sahin's loan deal short with Dortmund looking to take him on loan from Madrid. It's unfortunate this didn't work out, but all in all he didn't impress much in his appearances and the team has been far better with him not in it.

I really don't watch much other than BPL, but one of my roommates watches mostly Liga BBVA and really hyped up Sahin at the beginning of the season. Can't think of any particularly impressive appearances for Liverpool to be honest.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
That's such a huge price tag on Fellaini, and I just don't see him ever living up to it.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:46 AM
BritSabre

Fellaini has been in superb form this season. Hes got such a rare blend of power strength and skill that makes him difficult to handle. He is about as close as you can get to a Yaya Toure type presence on the market. Hes been playing at a high level for a while now, just his goalscoring is starting to make teams take notice.

He cost £15m in the first place so they are going to want 20+ for him. Given the inflated fees premiership players command 22m buy out isnt too bad imo.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Evilo

When M'Vila has a 10M€ pricetage, then HECK yeah Fellaini's price is ridiculous.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:16 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
When M'Vila has a 10M€ pricetage, then HECK yeah Fellaini's price is ridiculous.
Felaini doesn't need to adjust to the EPL's style of play, doesn't have the history of douchiness and being a problem in the lockerroom, and provides a more vertical and goal scoring presence to a midfield. M'Vila may still be a better deal, but Fellaini's safer and IMO just a better player who makes more of an impact.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Schalkenullvier*

also prices of transfers within the premier league are always terribly bloated.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:52 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
Exactly... and that's why Wenger needs to be all over that. We'd get the bargain of the transfer window for sure and attitude problems are overblown IMO. He's still young and is viewed as a star back home, where he's presently playing, so it's only normal for him to act like a "idiot" from time to time.

People change and people mature with time, so I don't see why M'Vila wouldn't be able to head back on track with a little guidance and who better to do that then Arsène himself.

Between M'Vila at around 10M€ or £8 million on someone like McCauley.... the choice is pretty clear IMO.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Felaini doesn't need to adjust to the EPL's style of play, doesn't have the history of douchiness and being a problem in the lockerroom, and provides a more vertical and goal scoring presence to a midfield. M'Vila may still be a better deal, but Fellaini's safer and IMO just a better player who makes more of an impact.
No, he's not a better player, and I never heard M'Vila was a lockerroom problem. He is well liked by his teammates.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Foppa

I am surprised at how many people are so quick to disregard Fellaini, even at a high price. The guy is unique and an absolute and guaranteed difference maker in this league. Put him on one of the big 5 clubs in the EPL and it is a monster acquisition and not just because it would cost a lot.

I would give my left nut to have him at the Emirates.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I totally understand why Fellaini's being disregarded. The way to get the best out of him is by playing a direct style that is based on him using his head for flick-ons to the other players near him. He's a great outlet to advance up the pitch very fast. However, if the team prefers to play on the ground, there is no reason to pay 20 million Euros or more whatsoever. He doesn't have the same impact on a match in that role.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Exactly... and that's why Wenger needs to be all over that. We'd get the bargain of the transfer window for sure and attitude problems are overblown IMO. He's still young and is viewed as a star back home, where he's presently playing, so it's only normal for him to act like a "idiot" from time to time.

People change and people mature with time, so I don't see why M'Vila wouldn't be able to head back on track with a little guidance and who better to do that then Arsène himself.

Between M'Vila at around 10M€ or £8 million on someone like McCauley.... the choice is pretty clear IMO.
Or we could spend some real money and go after somebody of Felliani's ilk. The choice at a club this level shouldn't be a cut-price M'Vila or freaking Gareth McCauley. Felliani is a guarantee. Demba Ba was a guarantee. I could care less about their perceived natural talent or youth. When you've got fans in your base that actually have the gall to argue we shouldn't be chasing David Villa because he is 31 years-old, you know there are issues.

And even if you disregard Felliani - simply replace him with somebody who you do think (personally) would fit in at Emirates with another name. It's the same story. Spuds are more ambitious than us in the transfer market and sooner or later, it's going to pay off for them in my opinion, possibly at our expense.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:30 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
Or we could spend some real money and go after somebody of Felliani's ilk. The choice at a club this level shouldn't be a cut-price M'Vila or freaking Gareth McCauley. Felliani is a guarantee. Demba Ba was a guarantee. I could care less about their perceived natural talent or youth. When you've got fans in your base that actually have the gall to argue we shouldn't be chasing David Villa because he is 31 years-old, you know there are issues.
Hey, you don't have to convince me that we need to spend top dollars instead of bringing in "average" talent that will bolt on loan's because they aren't seeing any time on the pitch.

I would be great if we could keep our talent and add to that but unfortunatly, we replace top notch talent with a handfull of solid players and that explains why we're not moving forward when compared to the ELITE of the EPL.

The big boys are spending and are getting results. We on the other hand are acting like we're 5$ away from going bankrupt and the results aren't what this fanbase is used to having.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:30 PM
cgf

Quote:
I totally understand why Fellaini's being disregarded. The way to get the best out of him is by playing a direct style that is based on him using his head for flick-ons to the other players near him. He's a great outlet to advance up the pitch very fast. However, if the team prefers to play on the ground, there is no reason to pay 20 million Euros or more whatsoever. He doesn't have the same impact on a match in that role.
Eh, he's always played in a direct side that fits his style of play but that doesn't mean who couldn't still be an impact player on a side that built more slowly or dominated possession more. He's still strong with his feet and can charge out of the midfield to join the attack the way Toure and Dembele have been successfully doing for slower building clubs. That steal and dynamism from the midfield is missing from the EPL's top sides and could be a great boost to any of the top teams, especially United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:21 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:

Dortmund has way too many good players on that position. He should absolutely go back to the Bundesliga, but should definitely look into playing for my team instead of Dortmund.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa View Post
Or we could spend some real money and go after somebody of Felliani's ilk.
M'Vila's better.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Sneijder to Galatasaray?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20952917

Old
01-09-2013, 05:10 PM
GB

vCash: 370
Send a message via ICQ to GB
Sunderland have signed Alfred N'Diaye for an undisclosed amount. Any chance of a scouting report? Seems like he fithope s our needs pretty well but I see pretty much no Turkish football. The last French player I remember being successful here was Eric Roy, hope N'Diaye reverse the recent trend.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Deportivo finalizes the signing of Paulo Assunçao a 33 year old midfielder lol

Old
01-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Would be stupid for sneijder to go to turkey at this point of his career.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:55 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Agreed. Especially with the fact that he needs to step up in the NT, he can't let himself play a lower level of Football, or should I say, not as high of a level. At his age and at this point of his career, Turkey isn't the right option. But who else can pay his wages

Old
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Turkey is a great place to play.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:11 AM
les Habs

Wow. Has Sneijder's stock fallen that far? I thought that surely somebody'd be in for him. Fee for Galatasaray is low too. I'm sure that's to compensate for his wages, but still.

Closed Thread