HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Lu Part II(All Luongo Talk goes here) [Post 643: Luongo to Philly?]

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Somebody has great reading comprehension!

So you've now caused a media circus, which reflects poorly on your newly acquired property, which may have been totally unnecessary had the lockout lasted a full season.

No personal attacks SL.

The media circus now is any different? Only now, you have everybody wondering why they didn't before.

Old
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcanuck View Post
If Gardiner is a non-starter in trade talks...

Well I suppose we can take the burden of Kessel or Grabovski from you guys
There have been dark times in this thread where Matt Finn and Frattin have been untouchables

I have no issue with Gardiner being off limits

Old
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
At which point? I watched it and do not remember them saying that. Granted, I was doing other stuff and it was on in the background but I was listening. The only mention I've heard of that today was a suggestion by John Shannon that they are button downed corporations who might prefer someone else as the face of their franchise.
Team performance did factor into the decision but they said the main reason was to get a different voice and leadership.
MacKenzie and Dreger both said the same as Shannon.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Stats01

Bobby Mac says Gardiner non-starter. John Shannon says trade will occur Sunday or Monday, hasn't heard Gardiner as part of a deal. Hmmm

Old
01-09-2013, 04:45 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I assume that he will remain a nonstarter, no matter who is running the Leafs. I still think that the deal will be around Kadri, Bozak and a 2013 2nd/2014 first.

I would be ecstatic if we got Gardiner, but I just don't think it's a good move for Toronto and I really hope that Nonis knows it too.

Bozak does help this team, no matter what some individuals may say. I personally do not trust Schroeder/Arnott to be our #2 centre until Kesler gets back and Kadri hold more value than most (outside of Toronto ) give him
You don't trust Arnott or Schroeder but you'd trust Bozak? I don't get it. Bozak was about a half point per game player while his two linemates were PPG players. He won't have linemates like that here, so it's safe to assume his production would fall. Not to mention he's not a good defensive player at all.

01-09-2013, 04:46 PM
RECsGuy*

I wonder if the constant change in goal (Toskala, Gustavsson, Giguere, Reimer, Scrivens) is why Burke is out of a job.

The idea of bringing in yet another goalie, and forking over valuable assets to do so, could be why Burke got pink-slipped.

About time the Leafs develop a young goalie. Give Reimer, Scrivens, Rynnas and Owuya time. They're young, for crisake.

If anything Nonis may use his promotion to focus on positions of greater need, being secondary scoring and the entire blueline. If, after improving those areas, Reimer and Scrivens continue to blow behind Carlyle's defense-first system, then you go get Backstrom in free agency, trade for Kiprusoff, etc.

Nonis ain't no fool.

He isn't going to trade for Luongo simply because they have history. You're selling Dave short.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:46 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
You don't trust Arnott or Schroeder but you'd trust Bozak? I don't get it. Bozak was about a half point per game player while his two linemates were PPG players. He won't have linemates like that here, so it's safe to assume his production would fall. Not to mention he's not a good defensive player at all.
Well that isnt true.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:47 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcanuck View Post
Not sure what the Flyers cap situation is, but what about Edler to Philly for Coutorier?
Edler would need to be resinged for Philly to consider it, I think if we allowed them to negotiate an extension something around Brayden Schenn or Voracek could be attainable

Im assuming this is contingent on us getting Gardiner which is very unlikely to happen imo

Old
01-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Could gillis completely change this around and say....well if you won't give us your top prospects, give us your top center in grabo.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:48 PM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
So Monday morning we here Luongo traded to Toronto?

Old
01-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Could gillis completely change this around and say....well if you won't give us your top prospects, give us your top center in grabo.
And then the leafs have no #1 or #2 C and miss playoffs anyways

Old
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
So Monday morning we here Luongo traded to Toronto?
That's what Shannon is saying. Either Sunday or Monday he expects a deal to be done.

Old
var

Quote:
Whether it's said or not, preformance just isn't thrown out because of the time of year it is. He's missed the playoffs his entire tenior, is allegedly not open to paying the price ownership is for a player that will improve their short term goals several times, and this group of owners hadn't been in charge a month before the lockout...I mean it's a fine tapestry, but performance of the Leafs has to be high up the list for this firing. I mean, the team hasn't even shown improvement after being in the basement that long.

Nonis will pay more, just about everyone talking about this change of leadership can agree on, but the initial deal was/is, and what we consider "more"...that's where the disagreement lays.
True, a disagreement on the trade is probably the straw that breaks it.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
And then the leafs have no #1 or #2 C and miss playoffs anyways
What about a big package deal?

Old
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
That's what Shannon is saying. Either Sunday or Monday he expects a deal to be done.
He's been saying deal was already done for about a month now. Did he mention whether the deal will change or did he mention what he thought the deal looked like?

Old
Top 6 Spaling

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the Nucks want Reimer/Scrivens as part of the deal? Going with a first-year starter and Lack as the backup seems nervewracking to me, but maybe I'm under-rating lack.

Reimer+Bozak+____

Old
01-09-2013, 04:51 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the Nucks want Reimer/Scrivens as part of the deal? Going with a first-year starter and Lack as the backup seems nervewracking to me, but maybe I'm under-rating lack.

Reimer+Bozak+____
We don't want reimer, he has no value.

Old
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
I wonder if the constant change in goal (Toskala, Gustavsson, Giguere, Reimer, Scrivens) is why Burke is out of a job.

The idea of bringing in yet another goalie, and forking over valuable assets to do so, could be why Burke got pink-slipped.

About time the Leafs develop a young goalie. Give Reimer, Scrivens, Rynnas and Owuya time. They're young, for crisake.

If anything Nonis may use his promotion to focus on positions of greater need, being secondary scoring and the entire blueline. If, after improving those areas, Reimer and Scrivens continue to blow behind Carlyle's defense-first system, then you go get Backstrom in free agency, trade for Kiprusoff, etc.

Nonis ain't no fool.

He isn't going to trade for Luongo simply because they have history. You're selling Dave short.

I think based on history, Burke and Nonis are diametrically opposed in how they view goaltenders. This is why I think Burke was against paying what was necessary for Luongo, and Nonis is on the other side. It remains to be seen if Nonis himself pays the price, but based on history, they value goaltenders differently.

Even if Nonis doesn't go after Luongo, he will definitely do something about the position - and not of the band-aid variety.

Old
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
He's been saying deal was already done for about a month now. Did he mention whether the deal will change or did he mention what he thought the deal looked like?
He's been saying it's around Kadri and Bozak for a while now and he hasn't changed his stance on it.

Old
AndMat*

Quote:
Shannon has been saying this for months now, Bozak+Kadri for Lou

Old
01-09-2013, 04:52 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
And now they've created a media circus 10 days out of the season starting. What's your point?
It would've been totally unnecessary had the lockout lasted a full year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
No personal attacks SL.

The media circus now is any different? Only now, you have everybody wondering why they didn't before.
Not a personal attack. Just an observation of your reading comprehension skills.

As mentioned above, the media circus would've been unneccessary had the lockout lasted a full year, which likely caused them to either avoid addressing the issue until now, or avoid announcing their decision until now.

Old
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post

Reimer+Bozak+____
I would think they want a more proven backup then those 2.

Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Well that isnt true.
Actually it is. His possession stats are pathetic, and his corsi ratings are really bad.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
Yep and he has some pretty good contacts. I just want Sunday and Monday to come to see if this happens.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:53 PM
MikeK

Quote:
He's been saying it's around Kadri and Bozak for a while now and he hasn't changed his stance on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
And Burke wasn't willing to make that deal? Seriously?

Closed Thread