*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 10:51 AM
djscooter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
That's certainly how the Wolves press release paints it! Time will tell.....
Well he'll be winning CHL MVP if he can do it behind a defence of Sefton, Corbett, Cummins, De Haan, Braid, etc

Old
01-08-2013, 10:53 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
How? Palazzese will return as OA, Leivo does not return as OA-Goodbye 2nds. If Sudbury trades Palazzese they have to give Kitchener the conditional 3rd. Looks like Barney Rubble got the best of this deal.
Sorry, mis-read condition. Ya, looks like chances are you dont see a conditional 2nd.
You guys should love Frankie, great team guy from what I saw. Hopefully Schmalz will come around for you as well, didnt have the greatest start in Kitchener for a first rounder.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Now that JV is gone it opens up an OA Spot? I really thing that BS will try and get derek schoenmakers again!!

Any other thoughts?

Old
01-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolvesFan View Post
Now that JV is gone it opens up an OA Spot? I really thing that BS will try and get derek schoenmakers again!!

Any other thoughts?

Well that prediction died the instant it was made.

Old
01-08-2013, 01:48 PM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Well that prediction died the instant it was made.
Yeah no kidding eh??? LOL

Old
01-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Loosie

This is a great trade for both teams. Kitchener is loading up for a run this year. Sudbury is NOT winning this year. Yes the East is wide open but they are not winning this year. Palazeese is leaps and bouns better than Vienneau and we have him for next year. He does not have an NHL team so he will return for his OA year.

Schamlz is a first rounder who was playing a small role on a veteran laden Ranger line up. I see big things in his future, and Genovese is a serviceable D-man who we have for at least next year.

This was a trade for Sudbury for next year, and a Trade for the Rangers for now. Both teams win. Levio and Corrado will more than likely be in the AHL next year and Vienneau won't be around next year. So why keep them and get NOTHING for them in a year were they are not even close to winning.

Yes it sucks to see our best players traded away, but we are still getting quality back.

Will be watching the Storm/Rangers game tonight though to watch 4 former Wolves player make their Ranger debut (Schoenmakers was also added today, and the Record says the Vienneau is getting the start so the Gibson can have a rest after returning from UFA)

Old
01-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Squeet

The whole CB situation annoys me and most season ticket holders I talk to...I think it directly affects possible trades. That being sad I think this is a great trade overall and look forward to seeing how it pans out for both teams. Sudbury more so of course.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Hockeyfriend

Very quiet on the Wolves front as far as trades go - since the blockbuster, but then again fairly quiet in the OHL as a whole. Nothing announced or rumored today.
With about 24 hours to go, is there any gut feelings on what Wolves may do?

They have on OA spot open with the trade of Vienneau and as far as I know OA deals have to be done 24 hours before the regular deadline - i.e. today at noon?

Do we believe BS will pick up an OA and at what cost? Anything else?

Old
01-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Squeet

If it were me, making the trades thus far...picking up an OA wouldn't fit the plan.
No point giving something up just to fill a spot that's waiting for a healthy body ei. Kantor, Thibodeau.
If a trade gets made for one, I'll be shocked, unless the price is "peanuts"

Old
01-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Squeet

As per a teammate's tweet...Sefton has been traded. Not aware of details so far

Old
01-09-2013, 03:57 PM
JL17

Raine and a conditional 4th for Sefton.

Your getting a D-man that's improved every year. Great first pass, big hitter and a guy that leaves it all on the ice. Will stick up for teammates as well.

Almost the same type as of D-man as Sefton.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Squeet

So...sideways trade then. Sefton will be missed but if Raine is the same type of player, the void won't be as horrible I guess.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:26 PM
howlman

Epic fail this trade deadline from the Wolves... Sefton for Raine and cond. 4th? Are you ********** kidding me? What's the condition for the 4th? Not nearly enough and not nearly enough for Corrado and Leivo. Sudbury Wolves blow goats and I can't stand this garbage anymore. Along with Burgess and his antics how much more can the Sudbury faithful handle? Depressing times for Wolves fans. Sudbury the laughing stock of the OHL.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:56 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlman View Post
Epic fail this trade deadline from the Wolves... Sefton for Raine and cond. 4th? Are you ********** kidding me? What's the condition for the 4th? Not nearly enough and not nearly enough for Corrado and Leivo. Sudbury Wolves blow goats and I can't stand this garbage anymore. Along with Burgess and his antics how much more can the Sudbury faithful handle? Depressing times for Wolves fans. Sudbury the laughing stock of the OHL.
Could not agree more. Sudbury starts a rebuild by picking up 2 19 year olds, and 18 year old and an under-performing 16 year old? Give me a break

Old
01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Glorieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlman View Post
Man what a bunch of whiners we have in Sudbury First off let me say I am not a fairweather fan that started going to the odd game within the last 10 years. Having spent a small fortune by living and dying with this franchise for decades the way I have (think 80's), I am aware of and have shared in the frustration, disapointment and agony of being a Woves fanatic as much as anyone, save perhaps for a senior citizen!!

I have also voiced my displeasure with many of managements' decisions over the years (including this years fiasco) so I'm in no way attempting to excuse all of their failings, but for the love of God I am so sick and tired of the perpetual negativity being spewed by what is more than likely a very vocal minority.

For example, many of you have been critical of the recent deal with the Rangers, likely the same people that accuse the Wolves management of always standing pat and being content to make the playoffs each year! What did you expect for Leivo and Corrado? Are you delusional enough to think the Wolves had a serous shot of winning the East because they've found a way to eek out a string of wins lately? How much do you really know about the players coming back? It would seem logical to me to reserve judgement until at least next season but no, all we have are wailing and moaning all over the hockey forums and our own paper. Very welcoming to the new kids

As to this rumour. Do you really think Sefton is that good? I'm sorry he isn't (and neither was Corrado as much as I liked the kid), he is tough but his skill is limited, he takes stupid penalties and his offensive ability is non existent. Could Raine be that much worse? Seriously how about welcoming the new players to the city instead of your incessant belly aching. It's really getting sickening. Some of you have been negative for so long, you seem to revel in it and can no longer be positive about anything. If following this franchise makes you that unhappy, perhaps you should find a new hobby.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:21 PM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorieu View Post
Man what a bunch of whiners we have in Sudbury First off let me say I am not a fairweather fan that started going to the odd game within the last 10 years. Having spent a small fortune by living and dying with this franchise for decades the way I have (think 80's), I am aware of and have shared in the frustration, disapointment and agony of being a Woves fanatic as much as anyone, save perhaps for a senior citizen!!

I have also voiced my displeasure with many of managements' decisions over the years (including this years fiasco) so I'm in no way attempting to excuse all of their failings, but for the love of God I am so sick and tired of the perpetual negativity being spewed by what is more than likely a very vocal minority.

For example, many of you have been critical of the recent deal with the Rangers, likely the same people that accuse the Wolves management of always standing pat and being content to make the playoffs each year! What did you expect for Leivo and Corrado? Are you delusional enough to think the Wolves had a serous shot of winning the East because they've found a way to eek out a string of wins lately? How much do you really know about the players coming back? It would seem logical to me to reserve judgement until at least next season but no, all we have are wailing and moaning all over the hockey forums and our own paper. Very welcoming to the new kids

As to this rumour. Do you really think Sefton is that good? I'm sorry he isn't (and neither was Corrado as much as I liked the kid), he is tough but his skill is limited, he takes stupid penalties and his offensive ability is non existent. Could Raine be that much worse? Seriously how about welcoming the new players to the city instead of your incessant belly aching. It's really getting sickening. Some of you have been negative for so long, you seem to revel in it and can no longer be positive about anything. If following this franchise makes you that unhappy, perhaps you should find a new hobby.
Dude!! That is the greatest post I have ever seen!! I agree compleatly with everything you say!!

Old
01-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Squeet

I second that !!

At least wait to see how these new players coming in are going to play in a Wolves jersey.
I can be as negative as te next guy when it comes to radesand draft picks and whatnot....but a stated ealier, dont ***** if they do nothing and then ***** when they make moves.

Lets see how things go from here and as instructed...welcome the new players

Old
01-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Glorieu

Good to read some of you agree with my previous post. I knew I wasn't being a voice in the wilderness and I'm prepared for any backlash. I just couldn't keep quiet any longer. Go Wolves!

Old
01-09-2013, 05:46 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorieu View Post

While I do agree with some of the things you have said. If you think Corrado is not that good you have another thing comming. He was invited to the world junior camp, last year he was named one of the top defencemen in the OHL by the coaches. Corrado is one of the premier two-way defencemen in the OHL.

I've been a dieheard wolves fan for over 12 years, half of my life for reference. I've been willing to stick it out with them through bad and good. However they have shown to be consistently one of the worst franchises in the OHL.

I'm sick and tired of constantly making it to the first round and seeing them knocked out. They've had one good playoff run recently and it was due to a team that underperformed all season and made some key pick ups in Andrew Self, Justin Donati, Sebastien Dahm among others.

I understand due to "politics" the wolves won't always have a great team like franchises such as Windsor, London, Kitchener, Barrie, Brampton, etc. I can accept that. What I can't accept and has come to light this year is not fielding the best lineup possible. When the team is being ran by the owner, I have an issue. When the team starts to suffer due to many players refusing to report in trades, I have an issue. When the team loses multiple staff members in the same offseason due to them acknowledging what a clown show it has become, I have an issue.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Section19

Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
Could not agree more. Sudbury starts a rebuild by picking up 2 19 year olds, and 18 year old and an under-performing 16 year old? Give me a break
Same here. Anyone who thinks the Wolves are contending next year have serious issues.

Not surprised that Braid is gone. I didn't see Braid as a solid OA candidate next year.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:48 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section19 View Post
Same here. Anyone who thinks the Wolves are contending next year have serious issues.

Not surprised that Braid is gone. I didn't see Braid as a solid OA candidate next year.
Personally I would have preferred that they kept Braid around over Thibodeau. Though I don't see much of a future of either with the wolves.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Hockeyfriend

I also believe that you might see a few of the players who have been helping a lot lately and will get kicked to the curb(even after these trades). Kantor and Kuhn are pretty much back and those guys will fall behind them again.

I realize it is part of the game but with everything else that has gone on - especially this year - they would feel like after this year they will be behind the CB's of the team and possibly CB's friends - such as Callaghan.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Section19

Quote:
While I do agree with some of the things you have said. If you think Corrado is not that good you have another thing comming. He was invited to the world junior camp, last year he was named one of the top defencemen in the OHL by the coaches. Corrado is one of the premier two-way defencemen in the OHL.

I've been a dieheard wolves fan for over 12 years, half of my life for reference. I've been willing to stick it out with them through bad and good. However they have shown to be consistently one of the worst franchises in the OHL.

I'm sick and tired of constantly making it to the first round and seeing them knocked out. They've had one good playoff run recently and it was due to a team that underperformed all season and made some key pick ups in Andrew Self, Justin Donati, Sebastien Dahm among others.

I understand due to "politics" the wolves won't always have a great team like franchises such as Windsor, London, Kitchener, Barrie, Brampton, etc. I can accept that. What I can't accept and has come to light this year is not fielding the best lineup possible. When the team is being ran by the owner, I have an issue. When the team starts to suffer due to many players refusing to report in trades, I have an issue. When the team loses multiple staff members in the same offseason due to them acknowledging what a clown show it has become, I have an issue.
I honestly believe that Leivo and Corrado are both under-appreciated by fans down south due to lack of exposure. They are both top 5 in the forward and defense IMO.

I've been a long time fan and gone to as many games as I could and finally got season tickets 6 years ago. For all the reasons djscooter posted in his last paragraph, I'm not renewing them next season. The Wolves used to be the only option in town but now Laurentian is starting their hockey program next year. The Nickle Barons seem to be doing better under their new ownership... Heck, it's even possible to go see games in North Bay if one wants OHL hockey (and a better team). I wouldn't rule any of those options out for a hockey fix.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Section19

One more thing, I will miss watching players like Kahun develop. On most nights, the kid was worth the price of admission.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:02 PM
Glorieu

Quote:

Fair enough DJ, your comments are reasonable. It would indeed appear that all this negativity stems largely from the recent Burgess fiasco. I am just as outraged and disapointed as any of you that Marc Burgess clearly put his interests ahead of the teams but it shouldn't colour our judgement of everything management does to try to improve. I hope the Burgess thing goes away like a bad dream but short of not going to the games, I'm not sure what else we can do. I'll tell you, judging from Sefton's reaction the Wolves must be doing something right because that kid appeared very emotional about leaving...even though his chances at a championship had improved beyond compare. As far as Corrado, he was a very good player and an outstanding ambassador for the team. Although he was good at both ends of the ice I do not believe he excels in any one area to the extent that is claimed, though I wish him all the luck in the world.

Last edited by Glorieu: 01-09-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Closed Thread