HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers interested in Luongo?

Old
01-09-2013, 08:29 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

vCash: 500
Althought luongo is a better goalie than bryz, homer would NEVER do this.

Reason number 1 is because of the new CBA. Players cant retire early before their contract is up and if they do their cap hit will count towards the cap till their contract is up retired or not. No burying in the minors either. Luongo will not play till hes 42....so whoever has him will have his cap hit count till then.

The buyout is only possible within the next 2 summers so buying him out when hes ready to retire isnt possible.

Theres no way in hell homer will get him knowing his cap hit will count till hes 42, at least i hope not.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Prongo
Beer

I actually don't think they will get Simmonds or really any big name on our roster for him. If Homer does give something extremely valuable up, then I will fire him myself. I could see Cousins as a piece going there though.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Registered Nurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Actually now that I stop laughing at it, it's really not THAT bad if you look at it.
Coming here in peace to say Luongo is a much better goalie than people give him credit for. Better than Bryz, IMO. Contract really means nothing, Vancouver covers it once he retires and he's too proud to pull a Chelios and keep showing up to camp when he clearly has no business being there.

Though, Timo plays left side right? We already have 5 of those on roster. Personally, I've had my eye on Voracek, Simmonds, and Hartnell for awhile but I doubt Hartsy is available for what we'd have to give though I'd love to have him.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:31 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Luongo is superior to Bryzgalov in every facet, including a better cap hit. Bryz was made to look a lot better than he is thanks to Phoenix's stingy team defence concept - now the same is happening with Smith.

Luongo on the other hand in an all-pro goalie that has been the best in the league at his position over a 10 year stretch. I would seriously think about dropping 100 bucks on the Flyers to win the cup if they got Luo.
Yeah his cap hit is lower but he's signed til he's like 42 right? The back end of that could be real ugly.

4thline4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:31 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
@billmeltzer: The Flyers kick tires on just about every notable player on the trade (or FA) market. I see little to no likelihood of a Luongo trade.
This is what I think is happening

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Registered Nurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I could see Cousins as a piece going there though.
Not Kirk right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
This is what I think is happening
I could see that.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
SuchySays

no thanks

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:33 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Yea, I maybe see some of the other names that have been linked in the past, I just can't see Homer trading for him. My guess though is that if they ARE serious about Luongo, Bryz is being shopped.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:35 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Yeah his cap hit is lower but he's signed til he's like 42 right? The back end of that could be real ugly.
You can work around that. For one I doubt he doesn't retire before he's 42 and you can buy out his final 3 years, which would only be like 3-4 million.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Welp, time to head to the main board to post ludicrous trade offers to Canuck fans.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Luongo is superior to Bryzgalov in every facet, including a better cap hit. Bryz was made to look a lot better than he is thanks to Phoenix's stingy team defence concept - now the same is happening with Smith.

Luongo on the other hand in an all-pro goalie that has been the best in the league at his position over a 10 year stretch. I would seriously think about dropping 100 bucks on the Flyers to win the cup if they got Luo.
1) Longer tenured deal though. That's why we want Bryz gone (other than being sporadic)
2) What hockey fan says "all-pro"?
3) Lundqvist/Thomas/Miller have been better the past several seasons

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
Welp, time to head to the main board to post ludicrous trade offers to Canuck fans.
Couts + briere + simmonds + 1st for luongo + bulis

deal?

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:37 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1096 View Post

Reason number 1 is because of the new CBA. Players cant retire early before their contract is up and if they do their cap hit will count towards the cap till their contract is up retired or not. No burying in the minors either. Luongo will not play till hes 42....so whoever has him will have his cap hit count till then.

The buyout is only possible within the next 2 summers so buying him out when hes ready to retire isnt possible.

Theres no way in hell homer will get him knowing his cap hit will count till hes 42, at least i hope not.
That's not how the new CBA works. The cap hit, or portion of, reverts back to the team that signed the player to the contract.

I still don't think the Flyers do this for any reason.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:38 PM
RespectTheCouts
Couts=0 offense

On one hand Luongo is better than Bryz at everything in net, but this just doesn't really make sense really, I mean I guess it does because Bryz will probably **** the bed again this year and get lost in the woods again but they might be testing the waters

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Coming here in peace to say Luongo is a much better goalie than people give him credit for. Better than Bryz, IMO. Contract really means nothing, Vancouver covers it once he retires and he's too proud to pull a Chelios and keep showing up to camp when he clearly has no business being there.

Though, Timo plays left side right? We already have 5 of those on roster. Personally, I've had my eye on Voracek, Simmonds, and Hartnell for awhile but I doubt Hartsy is available for what we'd have to give though I'd love to have him.
Oh trust me, I know. I defend Luongo on here and when talking to a few Canuck fans I know. The favorite argument they seem to have is that Luongo choked in the finals. On the road vancouver put up 3 goals.. in 3 games. There's much more that they seem to overlook too.

As for a trade, there's no way in hell you are getting voracek as we are already somewhat weak on the left side. Hartnell and simmonds? definitely no.

Something like Read + Timonen for Edler + Luongo should make sense. Flyers get a good D man to sign for the future and a goalie. Canucks get a player who can play the 2nd line center spot until Kesler gets back then slide back to the 3rd C or 2nd wing spot and a D man to replace for Edler for the season since a lot of the posters on the trade forum seem to think Edler is leaving as a FA

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:39 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1096 View Post

There's no way Homer or Snider are thinking that long term. If he can't get the #1 defenseman, I guess he's going for the next best solution.

My guess is Laughton + 1st+ some current piece on the roster.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:39 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Luongo rumors: "That made me chuckle. Safe to say they aren't true. They have no basis or merit."
-DNFlyers

I really hope this isnt Homer lieing like usual

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Couts + briere + simmonds + 1st for luongo + bulis

deal?
Surely you can't be serious.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Prongo
Beer

Yep, Homer will always come right out and admit he is interested in players. I believe we have seen him lie through his teeth before.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:41 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:

Something like Read + Timonen for Edler + Luongo should make sense. Flyers get a good D man to sign for the future and a goalie. Canucks get a player who can play the 2nd line center spot until Kesler gets back then slide back to the 3rd C or 2nd wing spot and a D man to replace for Edler for the season since a lot of the posters on the trade forum seem to think Edler is leaving as a FA
I'd be pissed if I were a VAN fan and that was the trade.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagne Come Back View Post
Jesus, can someone just put a straight jacket on Homer already? The man can't go two seconds without pulling a trigger.
At least it's always fun in Philly land. GKJ was saying something about this, I had to come check it out for myself.

01-09-2013, 08:42 PM
dawkins121

Flyers should trade for Luongo AND keep Bryz. A 48 game platoon battle, winner gets to keep his job, loser gets amnestied in June. HBO gets 24/7 access.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:42 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Oh trust me, I know. I defend Luongo on here and when talking to a few Canuck fans I know. The favorite argument they seem to have is that Luongo choked in the finals. On the road vancouver put up 3 goals.. in 3 games. There's much more that they seem to overlook too.

As for a trade, there's no way in hell you are getting voracek as we are already somewhat weak on the left side. Hartnell and simmonds? definitely no.

Voracek plays the right side.

Why would they swap Timonen for Edler? Even if you say its unlikely they re-sign Edler, there's no guarantee Timonen re-signs with them after his deals up this summer.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:43 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

I hope he goes to Philly and not Toronto. That way I can still cheer for him.

LiquidSnake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:44 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Surely you can't be serious.
He was joking. Bulis hasn't played for them in 6 years.