HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (AHL), players in the system, etc.

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 08:27 AM
thomasincanada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU dge
You weren't going to beat us anyway, CG..

Old
01-09-2013, 08:43 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada View Post
You weren't going to beat us anyway, CG..
LOL -- we'll see, won't we? Missed seeing you around!

Old
01-09-2013, 08:45 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
LOL -- we'll see, won't we? Missed seeing you around!
Thanks I'll be back more when my kids start to give me a bit more free time.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Clyde Donovan

Flyers 6th round pick in 2011 Petr Placek and Harvard are playing Boston U tonight and it will be on NBC Sports Network at 7.

Last edited by Clyde Donovan: 01-09-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old
01-09-2013, 12:10 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Donovan View Post
Flyers 6th round pick in 2011 Petr Placek and Harvard are playing Boston U tonight and it will be on NBC Sports Network at 7.
go Harvard. Cant stand BU

Old
01-09-2013, 01:33 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothless Couts View Post
''@tpanotchCSN 1st round pick Scott Laughton has a nameplate here for camp. Holmgren did not say he was coming MON''

Wonder how high his chances are of making the team. Don't really get to see him play as I dont follow junior hockey. Anyone here watch him on a regular basis? He has 32 points in 30 games this season for Oshawa.
Laughton is going to be a real good player. I think they have him there for a look, but I doubt he makes the team. He's finally in a position to get a chance to develop the offensive side of his game and the Flyers would be doing him a great disservice if they allow him to remain on the roster. Oshawa is the best place for him right now. He'll be lucky to get 10 minutes a night in Philadelphia while he'll get 19 to 20 minutes a night in Oshawa and play in all situations.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:37 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
Quote:
Wellwood and Schenn left with Couturier's bag and sticks in addition to their own. They, Rinaldo and McGinn will join Couturier tomorrow.
Phantoms' beat writer:

https://twitter.com/intent/user?scre...140b9133c1fddc

Old
01-09-2013, 01:39 PM
flyersguy33*

mcginn eh

Old
01-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Mcginn is a pretty big surprise. He has been playing very well though.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
McGinn has been touted by a couple of writers in recent days, too:

Quote:
Looking for a dark horse to crack the Flyers lineup at some point this season? Phantoms power forward Tye McGinn has come a long way from the start of his rookie season a year ago to the midway point of this season. He's not the best of skaters, but he plays with a lot of grit in front of the net and his all-around game has been coming along well under Terry Murray this season. McGinn could step into the Flyers' bottom six at some point.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=48305
------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
McGinn is an interesting name.. He has impressed the Flyers brass with his growth into the role of a power forward this season with the Phantoms, and he'll get a look with the big club.
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/blog.htm?...L%7CPHI%7Chome

Old
01-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Laughton is going to be a real good player. I think they have him there for a look, but I doubt he makes the team. He's finally in a position to get a chance to develop the offensive side of his game and the Flyers would be doing him a great disservice if they allow him to remain on the roster. Oshawa is the best place for him right now. He'll be lucky to get 10 minutes a night in Philadelphia while he'll get 19 to 20 minutes a night in Oshawa and play in all situations.
I agree that going back to Oshawa would be the best for him, with Jenner probably leaving for Columbus. However, he could take Read's spot on the third line allowing him to be moved for a decent defensemen. That wouldn't be the worst thing for his development playing with Couturier, especially if Read gets you a nice young defensemen.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:41 PM
MP92

Quote:
I heard he's a lot like Mike Richards. Gritty, hard working, 2 way player. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a few games during the tryout period for junior players (was reduced from 10 to 6 just for this year) but Im with you. Let the kid continue to develop.

Old
01-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
I agree with you 100%. I always worry about a 18, 19 year old who plays a aggressive style of game playing against men who are 10, 15 years older. There are some guys in the league who do not care how old you are, and given the chance would love nothing but to put a beatdown on a young kid(look at Luke Richardson's nose.). Now if he was 6'4'' and 200lbs+ he would have a better shot. It looks like there will be a 6 game limit for juniors to play here with the big club. If the brass thinks he plays well enough to make the club and he can be a significant contributor, then I am for it. But I still would rather like to see him finish out the year in the OHL and come out for the 2013-2014 season. But that is just my two cents.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:15 PM
CyborgLindros

Slightly OT but I'll be at the Wilkes game this weekend. Think anybody who finished last season on the flyers roster will still be down, or will they all be at camp?

Old
01-09-2013, 08:16 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgLindros View Post
Slightly OT but I'll be at the Wilkes game this weekend. Think anybody who finished last season on the flyers roster will still be down, or will they all be at camp?
Most likely at the camp or getting ready for it.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Krishna

Quote:
I think someone reported today that the players coming up left with their equipment today

Old
01-09-2013, 11:38 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Haha same here.

Got tickets (row 2 nonetheless) thinking that there would be no season.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:30 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I agree with you 100%. I always worry about a 18, 19 year old who plays a aggressive style of game playing against men who are 10, 15 years older. There are some guys in the league who do not care how old you are, and given the chance would love nothing but to put a beatdown on a young kid(look at Luke Richardson's nose.). Now if he was 6'4'' and 200lbs+ he would have a better shot. It looks like there will be a 6 game limit for juniors to play here with the big club. If the brass thinks he plays well enough to make the club and he can be a significant contributor, then I am for it. But I still would rather like to see him finish out the year in the OHL and come out for the 2013-2014 season. But that is just my two cents.
Since he would most likely play on the fourth line anyhow you can always pair him with Rinaldo, Shelley or Sestito.
I would actually enjoy watching Rinaldo protect one of our young guys instead of just stirring up thing.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:16 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Since he would most likely play on the fourth line anyhow you can always pair him with Rinaldo, Shelley or Sestito.
I would actually enjoy watching Rinaldo protect one of our young guys instead of just stirring up thing.

one more year...

Old
01-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Scott is the type who will fight his own battles. Reminds me of Ron Sutter. They thought he was ready but had to send him back down when they realized he was just not physically ready to play in the NHL.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:46 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
go Harvard. Cant stand BU
What a game that turned to be

Old
01-10-2013, 10:26 AM
CyborgLindros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Haha same here.

Got tickets (row 2 nonetheless) thinking that there would be no season.
Yah my girlfriend was got Tickets to the Leafs vs. Flyers game back in October as an anniversary present. (she didn't know about the lockout or what it meant) So then she said for Xmas she would get them. That fell through so then I said well why don't we just go see the phantoms anyway since the season doesn't look to good. A week after she ordered tickets they decide to actually agree on something.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:11 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
What a game that turned to be
yeah, BU blew a 3 goal lead in the 3rd. Such a shame.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
yeah, BU blew a 3 goal lead in the 3rd. Such a shame.
Anything on Placek or was he invisible?

Old
01-10-2013, 12:21 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
Anything on Placek or was he invisible?
held off the scoresheet and was a -1.
Not sure how hes being used at Harvard. Hard to find TOI in box scores in college games.

here is the box score btw

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mbu_har1.j09

Closed Thread