HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Lu Part II(All Luongo Talk goes here) [Post 643: Luongo to Philly?]

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Co Ho*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
Vancouver fans like to throw in Raymond/Ballard, like we like to throw in Bozak/Kadri it's similar to Ryder, Halak and a 2nd
That is very true, but in my proposal Raymond was supposed to fill the roster spot that Voracek would leave, even though they play on different wings.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:35 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Schneider played better in net and the team looked more inspired playing in front of him. Hence Luongo being shopped.
Maybe one of the reason's they played more inspired is because they were down 2 games when Schneider came in? Maybe not having Dan Sedin to start the first round was a shock and threw off the entire team?

Old
01-09-2013, 09:36 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
That is very true, but in my proposal Raymond was supposed to fill the roster spot that Voracek would leave, even though they play on different wings.
That's like taking a farmer's stallion and giving him back a horse missing a leg.

Old
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 938
Quote:
Luongo could be an anomaly and play great for the next 5 years. But the generally accepted thought is goalies decline in their mid 30s. Here's a great article about it

http://nhlnumbers.com/2012/12/6/goal...vivorship-bias
Lol. It specifically says that elite goaltenders are what skewed the other guys research, because they continue to play at a high level, while others don't.

Quote:
As the lesser goalies' careers come to an end (per our second assumption) and only the premier goalies are left playing, we would actually expect to see a rise in the average save percentage -- the only goalies left at age 37 would be our future Hall-of-Famers still performing at a very high level. Of course, that's not what we see; average save percentage is basically flat with age, as both Steve and Jared showed.

Old
Krishna

Quote:
Raymond wouldn't play on the first line here o it doesn't fill the roster spot left by Voracek

Old
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
If the market for Luongo is a Couturier level player then Luongo will be on the Canucks roster for the start of the season and probably most of it because he ain't getting no return like that.
Couturier.

Old
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
I hope Philly gets Luongo... that way I know they won't have a chance to win a cup over the next 6-7 years
Don't worry. You'll be eating your words when Luongo shuts down Crosby.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:37 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Maybe one of the reason's they played more inspired is because they were down 2 games when Schneider came in? Maybe not having Dan Sedin to start the first round was a shock and threw off the entire team?
There's a lot of factors at play certainly. And there's no way to know how Vancouver would've played in game 3 with Luongo in net, but all we can go by is what we have. 2 games Luongo plays, Vancouver looks flat. Game 3 Schneider plays Vancouver is almost a different team.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:37 PM
JackJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Yeah, Leaf fans were telling us it was a fact Burke's job wasn't in jeopardy. Don't mind us we do not put much faith in your "facts". .
Expected it to happen this summer. Only homers were overlooking the facts.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:38 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Lets not begin trolling VanKiller because we know that outside of making the playoffs the goal is to win the cup and it's difficult to argue the Leafs would be ready to make that step with Luongo. Leafs fans want the organization to build a perennial powerhouse, not a playoff bubble team with an aging tender
Then hire Tabellini. At least he'll get you top talents, at least that way when Kessel has had enough losing and walks as a ufa in a year and a half you have something.

Old
Co Ho*

Quote:
I hope Philly gets Luongo... that way I know they won't have a chance to win a cup over the next 6-7 years
Right, because Pittsburgh fans should question the quality of goaltenders...

Old
quat
vapid but stately

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
guys like you are great. the ones who like to make stuff up because they can't handle people with opinions other than their own. i didn't say Luongo "sucks" or that i hate him. i said he's average. get over it.
Yeah, I'm making up you running down Luongo in post after post and then claiming you don't hate the guy. Clearly.

I'm not telling you what to think about Luongo what so ever. I'm basing my comment ONLY on what you've written in this thread. If you don't want people pointing out the hypocrisy of your statements, then perhaps you shouldn't post conflicting opinions in the same thread.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

For ***** and giggles. If it were Schneider would Philly buy into it?

Old
01-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
That's like taking a farmer's stallion and giving him back a horse missing a leg.
Missing it's spine would be a better analogy

Old
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
It's not rocket science. If a number of teams are interested in Luongo, then Vancouver has some leverage by playing the offers against each other. Say 5 teams submit offers for Luongo. Gillis takes the offer he likes best, then goes to the other 4 teams and says 'add a little more or I'm going to accept this other offer'. If everyone stands pat then that's what Vancouver is stuck with. Chances are that those opening offers will be relatively low and teams will bid against each other up to something a bit more reasonable for Vancouver.
Just doing that isn't getting leverage. Bidding wars only become leverage after all other options have been explored for all bidders involved. Luongo isn't a prized gem, he's a veteran goalie with a gigantic contract. Other options than him have a lot more weight than most Canucks fans think and that's including doing nothing at all for a 48 games + playoff season.

Old
binop7

Quote:
Missing it's spine would be a better analogy
Oh, that's just harsh

Old
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
I would make a similar bet lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Couturier.
I know, laughable isn't it?
Quote:
Right, because Pittsburgh fans should question the quality of goaltenders...
Yes but the quality of their goaltender has led them to a Cup. What have your two top 5 () goalies ever won you?

Old
01-09-2013, 09:42 PM
luongo321

Quote:
There's a lot of factors at play certainly. And there's no way to know how Vancouver would've played in game 3 with Luongo in net, but all we can go by is what we have. 2 games Luongo plays, Vancouver looks flat. Game 3 Schneider plays Vancouver is almost a different team.
Yeah, when you're put in a 2-0 hole, those types of things happen.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:42 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Just doing that isn't getting leverage. Bidding wars only become leverage after all other options have been explored for all bidders involved. Luongo isn't a prized gem, he's a veteran goalie with a gigantic contract. Other options than him have a lot more weight than most Canucks think and that's including doing nothing at all for a 48 games + playoff season.
Agreed. Luongo isn't some super valuable asset that all the other bidding GMs will be salivating over.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:43 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Yeah, when you're put in a 2-0 hole, those types of things happen.
Again there's no way to know that because Luongo got benched in favor of Schneider, but obviously it was a vote of no confidence in Luongo.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:43 PM
binop7

Adater

Canucks would like to get Nicklas Grossman in any trade for Luongo. Unclear if Philly will go that far

Old
01-09-2013, 09:44 PM
The Overseer*

To all the Flyer fans saying they wouldn't give anything up for Luongo, ask yourselves . . .

What did you get back for Richards and Carter, who were on similar, if not worse, contracts?

Old
01-09-2013, 09:44 PM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
For ***** and giggles. If it were Schneider would Philly buy into it?
Interesting. Schneider + Edler for Voracek + Cobourn?

Old
01-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Krishna

adater ‏@adater
Canucks would like to get Nicklas Grossman in any trade for Luongo. Unclear if Philly will go that far

Long was from Couturier or Voracek.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:45 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
To all the Flyer fans saying they wouldn't give anything up for Luongo, ask yourselves . . .

What did you get back for Richards and Carter, who were on similar, if not worse, contracts?
Both of which could be arguably #1C. Carter is borderline. Forwards are worth more than goalies more often than not as well.

Closed Thread