HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Workout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 01:49 AM
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
I'd say 1500/day (guesstimate). I'm no expert but if you exercise most days that should be quite sufficient. Taking a daily vitamin also helped me a lot. Based off my experience that was a steady loss of (2 lbs a week [this is wrong]). Maybe someone with better knowledge could chime in.

A year ago I was 180 lbs at 5'10" and now I'm 158 lbs and still losing quite slowly (155 lbs is my goal). Weekends are about the only days I take off. My only vice is beer/wine/whiskey, but when I do drink those I make sure I worked out and ate well.
Thanks

Old
07-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

One month into P90. Kicking my own ass just about every day.

Already noticing great developments in strength, endurance and looks.

Feel better and happier all around, more awake and not as tired all the time.

Haven't gained much weight but I've definitley swapped unneccesary body fat for muscles.

Itching to kick it up a notch but Im staying patient, still.

Loving it.

Old
07-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Til the End of Time

has anyone heard of/tried/have opinions on this "intermittent fasting" thing that seems to be a bit of a fad right now?

doesnt seem to make much sense but it seems similar to my current retarded schedule of not eating a legit meal until late evening.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaris View Post
One month into P90. Kicking my own ass just about every day.

Already noticing great developments in strength, endurance and looks.

Feel better and happier all around, more awake and not as tired all the time.

Haven't gained much weight but I've definitley swapped unneccesary body fat for muscles.

Itching to kick it up a notch but Im staying patient, still.

Loving it.
They suggest moving to Phase 2 any time between 30 and 45 days after starting phase 1. I started phase 2 at 30 days. I say go for it. It's basically phase 1 with a lot more reps.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Ominous Grey

Going to actually work out at the gym tonight. Could be a disaster, considering I have not done so in quite a while.

Hopefully I'm still alive by the end of it.

Old
07-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Kruncher11
a whole lotta grease

Joined LA fitness in monroeville. Anyone else lift there?

Old
07-18-2012, 03:30 PM
regard

You wanna lose weight play Ultimate Frisbee with me in 90+ degree weather.

Old
07-20-2012, 11:01 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
has anyone heard of/tried/have opinions on this "intermittent fasting" thing that seems to be a bit of a fad right now?

doesnt seem to make much sense but it seems similar to my current retarded schedule of not eating a legit meal until late evening.
I've tried it, man friends have tried it.

Depending on our targets and/or daily schedule, it's a viable option. Maybe test it for a 2-3 weeks to see how it feels? That's the only way to know.

Most people don't feel very good during the first week. Body adapts slowly.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
66-29-33

Hey guys. I bought Insanity today and i completed the fit test.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHkdsfbdskfhedi ufjdsmvcfdokgvdsfkfdshfvdsiufvcds!!!!!!!@!@!Z@!@%$ #Z1Z~@

But it feels great working out again. I've gained alot -.- I am at the point i NEED to do something about this again because how i feel everyday. I did P90X for a year, i can do Insanity for a year no problem! although it's much tougher, that fit test was a ***** to beat! but i feel like a million bucks and i'm ready to jump back into this. This time i'll GET THE NUTRITION DOWN!!!!!!!!

Old
01-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
You wanna lose weight play Ultimate Frisbee with me in 90+ degree weather.
I haven't played in way too long. Definitely want to get back into it.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:17 PM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post

I do IF. I like it. All things being equal, it leads to me eating slightly less than I normally would. Essentially, it just translates to me only eating between 1pm and 9pm. Lost a little body fat.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:46 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Anyone got any good excercises to help get your rotator cuffs back in shape? I was helping my dad cut down some trees when I was back in the States and my right shoulder is doing this super-irritating, nagging achey thing. I think it's because I took a month off of working out when I was traveling for my visa, but I'm worried it's a slight tear or something.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:53 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandshakeLine View Post
Anyone got any good excercises to help get your rotator cuffs back in shape? I was helping my dad cut down some trees when I was back in the States and my right shoulder is doing this super-irritating, nagging achey thing. I think it's because I took a month off of working out when I was traveling for my visa, but I'm worried it's a slight tear or something.
I play a lot of tennis, so I try to work 'em out as much as I can. Here is what I do... but that doesn't mean my agenda is perfect.

2x a week I use the cables and do these two excercises. As you can see, you can buy a band and do it that way, too.

Also before I play tennis and during shoulder workouts, I warm up with taking 5lb/10lb free-wights and just rotating them up and down as shown in the video below (the 2nd workout w/o that dumb shoulder horn thing).

For playing tennis as much as I do, I have not had one injury. So either I'm blessed or these stretches/quick workouts actually do work.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:22 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHkdsfbdskfhedi ufjdsmvcfdokgvdsfkfdshfvdsiufvcds!!!!!!!@!@!Z@!@%$ #Z1Z~@

But it feels great working out again. I've gained alot -.- I am at the point i NEED to do something about this again because how i feel everyday. I did P90X for a year, i can do Insanity for a year no problem! although it's much tougher, that fit test was a ***** to beat! but i feel like a million bucks and i'm ready to jump back into this. This time i'll GET THE NUTRITION DOWN!!!!!!!!
Insanity will test your will, especially when you hit the advanced workouts. The only way to get though them is to push yourself and remember your body is capable of more than your mind will tell you it is.

Before I tried Insanity, I did extreme exercising like staggered hill sprints with plyometerics at the top and base.... And Insanity still kicked my ass like nothing I ever tried.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:29 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I play a lot of tennis, so I try to work 'em out as much as I can. Here is what I do... but that doesn't mean my agenda is perfect.

2x a week I use the cables and do these two excercises. As you can see, you can buy a band and do it that way, too.

Also before I play tennis and during shoulder workouts, I warm up with taking 5lb/10lb free-wights and just rotating them up and down as shown in the video below (the 2nd workout w/o that dumb shoulder horn thing).

For playing tennis as much as I do, I have not had one injury. So either I'm blessed or these stretches/quick workouts actually do work.
Much obliged, Cole! Those look like they'll do the trick.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:32 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

I'll be honest.. I've done a lot of different training circuits (sports related), but Insanity might be one of the most legit ways to workout, build strength, and lose weight. It's a great program to keep your heart-rate up. It's simple and there aren't additional things you need to buy. I wouldn't suggest doing it as a n00b to working out, but anyone who has trained before should pick it up immediately.

When I get bored of going to the gym, I throw that in and workout from home in my basement. It's such a great workout. That type of scheduling can keep life easy when you don't feel like driving to the gym or something. Just pop the DVD in and it's a very worthy workout w/o having to go to the gym.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:32 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Insanity will test your will, especially when you hit the advanced workouts. The only way to get though them is to push yourself and remember your body is capable of more than your mind will tell you it is.

Before I tried Insanity, I did extreme exercising like staggered hill sprints with plyometerics at the top and base.... And Insanity still kicked my ass like nothing I ever tried.
I LOVE insanity! i feel like i wanna workout all the time now! That 40 minutes doing warmup/plyo i was completly drenched in sweat. I don't form a big pool of sweat, but i gotta wipe my eyes sometimes. I feel like Insanity is for me (although easy to say that now...i'm on day 2 of something new). I had to pause a million times, but i was feeling great during that pause. As for the mind telling you to stop...hell yes it did, and hell yes i did! but i'm a heavy guy, what do ya expect? I get so sore that i can't even force my leg up, so it's pause time.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:34 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
I'll be honest.. I've done a lot of different training circuits (sports related), but Insanity might be one of the most legit ways to workout, build strength, and lose weight. It's a great program to keep your heart-rate up. It's simple and there aren't additional things you need to buy. I wouldn't suggest doing it as a n00b to working out, but anyone who has trained before should pick it up immediately.

When I get bored of going to the gym, I throw that in and workout from home in my basement. It's such a great workout. That type of scheduling can keep life easy when you don't feel like driving to the gym or something. Just pop the DVD in and it's a very worthy workout w/o having to go to the gym.
I'm not that new. Used to go to the gym for a while, did P90X for like a year, have done a bit of P90. I went through a 2L of water during my workout today. I've drank 2L and 3 cups of water today, and on my 2nd tea (i get eye strain, tea gets rid of my headaches).

Old
01-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
I LOVE insanity! i feel like i wanna workout all the time now! That 40 minutes doing warmup/plyo i was completly drenched in sweat. I don't form a big pool of sweat, but i gotta wipe my eyes sometimes. I feel like Insanity is for me (although easy to say that now...i'm on day 2 of something new). I had to pause a million times, but i was feeling great during that pause. As for the mind telling you to stop...hell yes it did, and hell yes i did! but i'm a heavy guy, what do ya expect? I get so sore that i can't even force my leg up, so it's pause time.
Wait until you try Pure Cardio... No stops... No breaks... ****ing brutal.

The pools of sweat on my workout pads gets so bad doing the advanced workouts, I have to use a couple of towels to wipe it all up, or Ill break my neck.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:44 PM
66-29-33

Quote:

The pools of sweat on my workout pads gets so bad doing the advanced workouts, I have to use a couple of towels to wipe it all up, or Ill break my neck.
I'm pacing myself. I'm not going to be following the speed of the trainer or the people in the gym anytime soon. If i'm still taking breaks (although much less breaks) after the 60 days, i got another 60 days to try again. Not trying to cram it all in in 2 months, that would put me off so bad.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:09 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Quote:

And the sad thing is... I train so hard w/ sports-related cardio, and I still was dying during that session. I couldn't believe how crazy that workout is.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:20 AM
TheGreatPenguino

Quote:

Stay motivated my man. I started in the summer at 268 just going to the gym getting my cardio in for 2 months, dropped 15 pounds. But then I started on insanity and i freakin love it. Of course sometimes i dread hearing Shaun T's voice some nights but that is a good thing. You know your body is changing every time.

Anyways since June I was 268 and then 253 in august, after doing Insanity for the past 4 and a half months or so Im now down to 212 and am not stopping. I recently implemented NO's in my workout as well as Whey Isolate after my workout(since i work out late) to replenish without filling my stomach. One thing I didnt do yet is go up to the advanced workouts yet, waiting to get used to the NO's then it is on! But at this point Im losing gobs of weight with the normal 45 minute workouts.

Good luck to you, you'll love it and believe me breaks will be a must, but you'll still push.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:22 AM
TheGreatPenguino

Quote:

Its not terrible until level 2 drills and frog jumps just kick your ass into overdrive. Those are the two killers. I actually enjoy Pure Cardio more than Power & Resistance just because of how intense it gets.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:58 AM
TheGreatPenguino

Also should mention my diet is completely ridiculous, in a good way. Carbs mostly in the morning, NO food after 8(go to bed at 12) drink 100 oz of water a day. Barely eat ANYTHING with sugar in it, use stevia n cereal and in coffee, zero calorie butter with chicken and peas every night. Do not consume more than 15 grams of fat a day, no processed flour.

So diet plays a huge part in losing that much weight, not just the workout.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
And the sad thing is... I train so hard w/ sports-related cardio, and I still was dying during that session. I couldn't believe how crazy that workout is.
The first time I tried Insanity, my daughter was just born and I stopped all of my hardcore training... in fact I stopped working out for four months because I was so exhausted. Then my wife asked me to try this Insanity video she found out about from a friend...

We did the fit test and I went up to the bathroom to shower and sat on the end of the tub and literally didn't move for 20 minutes.... I couldn't physically get up and the room was spinning. Worse feeling I ever had after a workout.

So I realized I better get back in shape first, THEN try Insanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatPenguino View Post
Also should mention my diet is completely ridiculous, in a good way. Carbs mostly in the morning, NO food after 8(go to bed at 12) drink 100 oz of water a day. Barely eat ANYTHING with sugar in it, use stevia n cereal and in coffee, zero calorie butter with chicken and peas every night. Do not consume more than 15 grams of fat a day, no processed flour.

So diet plays a huge part in losing that much weight, not just the workout.
Diet is huge, but the first time I did Insanity I was under tremendous stress the entire time (mom was diagnosed with cancer) and my diet was not clean - at all.

Despite two of the worst factors you can have agt. you when trying to lose weight/get lean, I still got ripped up. Doing the advanced workouts, you have to be burning in excess of 6-700 calories easy. So if your diet is clean and you are doing the videos straight through, you can't help but lose weight.

The only thing I disagree with about your diet is not eating after 8 PM. Your body needs protein to build muscle while you sleep and I always have a snack high in protein an hour or two before I go to bed.

Closed Thread