HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Chips*

vCash: 500
I would be ecstatic if Lu went to Philly and not Toronto. Please, please let Philly outbid them.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:30 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

i hope it's philly, because
a) dont want lu in the division
b) flyers goalie circus is always fun to watch

Old
01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
MikeK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Scurred'

definitely

Old
01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Why would we trade a top 4 D man and a player expected to be on our first line for an overpaid goalie that's getting forced out and a player who has been a healthy scratch many times since being traded to Vancouver?
To form the highest paid, most inconsistent, most hilarious goalie duo in NHL history.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
From Hockey Widow (A person who has been known to have provided insight into the Canucks Organization in the past):
Lol okay there. Missing a blue chip talent piece. Rofl

Asking price is a top young defenseman and center? LOL

Can Vancouver just keep luongo and stop this nonsense because no team in their right mind is gonna even go near that asking price.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:32 PM
Stormcrow

I still cant think of a way that they can keep both goalies. It would seem that they would have to trade Bryz, even though I am not sure who would want that contract. Maybe CBJ?

Old
01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

What the **** is Philly doing?! Are they going to tell Bryz to just peace off?

And more importantly, why would a goalie want to go to Philly if that's how they treat their netminders?

Old
01-09-2013, 10:34 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
The divide as to what Nonis was willing to give and what Burke was willing to do is known now. Anselmi and MGMT are aware of the difference. If the Luongo deal had _anything_ to do with Burke's firing, you have to believe the pressure is now on Nonis to conclude what Burke could not. That's _if_ it had anything to do with his firing.
Earlier today, before details were starting to emerge, I felt as if Dave Nonis would pay an exuberant price for Roberto. It's still very possible that he would, though!

However, the details that have since emerged, such as Burke's battles with the board who felt he was unprofessional and other personal clashes, the decision to let Brian go was made because they felt he didn't suit their corporate image. He's a brash man that rubs a lot of people the wrong way and it cost him his job.

This firing was not performance related or a result of an inability to consummate a deal for Roberto. Burke was simply butting heads with those who signed his paycheques.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:35 PM
vcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
If Homer didn't give up B.Schenn for Shea Weber want makes anyone think he will give him up for Luongo?
Because he thought the Preds wouldnt match the ridiculous contract he offersheet Weber.

If he can re-do that all over again he probably would have traded him for Weber.

B.Shenn or Couturier for Luongo

Old
01-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Earlier today, before details were starting to emerge, I felt as if Dave Nonis would pay an exuberant price for Roberto. It's still very possible that he would, though!

However, the details that have since emerged, such as Burke's battles with the board who felt he was unprofessional and other personal clashes, the decision to let Brian go was made because they felt he didn't suit their corporate image. He's a brash man that rubs a lot of people the wrong way and it cost him his job.

This firing was not performance related. Burke was simply butting heads with those who signed his paycheques.

Sorry, this firing was performance related. If Burke was winning, grounds to fire him wouldn't be there. Anselmi wouldn't go on McCowan's show and cite missing the playoffs for 4 years as a factor. Among the personality "tone" he brought to leadership.

Further, the timing is very suspicious. If Luongo wasn't at the fore of the final conversation, I don't know what else could have been. The Lu deal, or lack there of, sealed Burke's fate. LeBrun, Maclean, Mirtle, Spector and Dater concur. It wasn't the only reason, but it most certainly was a factor.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Dater is a huge Toronto / Leaf hater. When rumours were swirling that JM Liles would be traded to Toronto, he went on a tirade against Toronto and mixed in between all of the insults, he was adamant that Toronto would not be getting Liles in a trade.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's stirring the pot right about now simply because of the Toronto connection in the rumours.
Link?

Old
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
post after post? dude, i think you got the wrong guy. before my post to you i had only posted 3 times in this entire thread, and the first one was defending Cam Ward. so i don't know wtf you're talking about. i'm not one of the Luongo bashers in this thread. the worst thing i said about him was that he's been shaky lately and that he shouldn't be considered a top 10 goalie anymore. that's hardly scathing remarks.
Doh!

Old
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcanuck View Post
Because he thought the Preds wouldnt match the ridiculous contract he offersheet Weber.

If he can re-do that all over again he probably would have traded him for Weber.

B.Shenn or Couturier for Luongo
Not going to happen but there is nothing wrong with hope.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Minimalist*

Quote:

This firing was not performance related. Burke was simply butting heads with those who signed his paycheques.
Except that a singular ounce of coherent analysis would lead any rational person to conclude that it played a role. Not to mention dozens of rumors of NHL execs and insiders believing this to be financially motivated. In that Luongo = Playoffs = Profits.

Besides, go rewatch the press conference. Go to the part where a reporter asked if this has anything to do with Luongo. Tom Anselmi looks down and to the left, and fidgets with his hands before swallowing and saying "No". Any cops in here want to tell us what that body language means?

Old
01-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Gardiner + Bozak or Schenn + Grossman?

Dunno. I really don't care anymore. There's just too much craziness going on to find a coherent package.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post

Dunno. I really don't care anymore. There's just too much craziness going on to find a coherent package.

Was Grossman or schenn. Not both of them.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
If Homer didn't give up B.Schenn for Shea Weber want makes anyone think he will give him up for Luongo?
I thought it was Couturier he wouldn't give up for Weber? Or was it both++?

The story changes every time to pump up whichever player is being talked about.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Krishna

Quote:

Reported demands from Poile was Couturier + Schenn ++

Old
01-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I think what Luongo threads have taught us is that there is quite a difference in how people see the trade value of goalies, and how contracts effect trade value.

I would love to see someone like Columbus swoop in and snag him last second.

Old
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Was Grossman or schenn. Not both of them.
Going off the young defenseman + centre package as being targeted by the Canucks mentioned above.

Old
Kulemon

Quote:

You're not getting Gardiner. That has been established by common sense along with multiple legit sources including the GM himself.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:44 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 627
As a Stars fan I find it sort of amusing that Grossman(n) might now apparently be the centerpiece in a deal for Roberto Luongo.

01-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I think what Luongo threads have taught us is that there is quite a difference in how people see the trade value of goalies, and how contracts effect trade value.

I would love to see someone like Columbus swoop in and snag him last second.
Would be stupid for Columbus to trade for him. They have too many good prospects.

They aren't a contender and they likely wont be for 3-4 years

Old
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:

Both. He said numerously he does not wan to give up Schenn or Couturier.

Old
The Saurus

Quote:
Sorry, this firing was performance related. If Burke was winning, grounds to fire him wouldn't be there. Anselmi wouldn't go on McCowan's show and cite missing the playoffs for 4 years as a factor. Among the personality "tone" he brought to leadership.

Further, the timing is very suspicious. If Luongo wasn't at the fore of the final conversation, I don't know what else could have been. The Lu deal, or lack there of, sealed Burke's fate. LeBrun, Maclean, Mirtle, Spector and Dater concur. It wasn't the only reason, but it most certainly was a factor.
It was not entirely performance related; if it was, Brian would have been canned when the new ownership took over MLSE.

This has everything to do with personalities clashing at the senior management level at MLSE. Burke demanded autonomy and the new board of directors wanted to be involved, which was against what Brian originally agreed to when he joined the Leafs.

In fact, Richard Peddie said today that he repeatedly told Brian to present a different image to the public / media, but Brian did not listen to him.

Closed Thread