HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

2013 Line Combos

Old
01-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

vCash: 500
I was being sarcastic. That team is awful.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:36 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
I was being sarcastic. That team is awful.
very nice future though

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Jason Spezza for Mikael Granlund, Johan Larsson and Jonas Brodin

Tempted to post this on the main board just to see the brain of every Minnesota fan explode. That thread is infractions waiting to happen.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Tempted to post this on the main board just to see the brain of every Minnesota fan explode. That thread is infractions waiting to happen.
It would be funny

Old
01-09-2013, 09:42 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
You gotta get worse before you get better... unless you're the Boston Bruins and you draft elite players in the 2nd round.

Let's go Lehner and Silf
Worse was 2010-2011, and to a lesser extent 2008-2009. We are already on the up swing. Have great depth at centre, with the oldest not hitting 30 until the off-season. Have arguably the best goalie in the AHL who is only 21. We have a Norris winning defenceman who is only 21, not to mention 3 other prospects/young guys who have top 4 potential. And 3 great forward prospects.

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Qubax

I don't want to start a new thread, so I won't

...but what are the expectations for Turris? Is he a 20-30-50 guy, or is their hope that he can still develop into what he was drafted to as the 3rd overall pick from a few years ago?

Thanks for any and all input!

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:47 PM
newerabegins

Quote:
You gotta get worse before you get better... unless you're the Boston Bruins and you draft elite players in the 2nd round.

Let's go Lehner and Silf
so u gotta be 15th before u can be 14th??

newerabegins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:48 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Worse was 2010-2011, and to a lesser extent 2008-2009. We are already on the up swing. Have great depth at centre, with the oldest not hitting 30 until the off-season. Have arguably the best goalie in the AHL who is only 21. We have a Norris winning defenceman who is only 21, not to mention 3 other prospects/young guys who have top 4 potential. And 3 great forward prospects.
This team will peak in 3 or 4 years... will Spezza be in his peak? No. He'll likely be a below average #1 centre by then.

Silf, Zib, Stone, Turris, ... I don't see a franchise forward there. If we're lucky, 1 of those guys will turn into a 1st liner. The Sens have good prospects... but most would seem to max out as 50-60 point forwards.

I want a Seguin, Tavares or even a Duchene.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:52 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
This team will peak in 3 or 4 years... will Spezza be in his peak? No. He'll likely be a below average #1 centre by then.

Silf, Zib, Stone, Turris, ... I don't see a franchise forward there. If we're lucky, 1 of those guys will turn into a 1st liner. The Sens have good prospects... but most would seem to max out as 50-60 point forwards.

Bruins won the cup without any forwards on that level.

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 09:56 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Bruins won the cup without any forwards on that level.
They had 2 forwards who were pretty much a point a game... and insane depth. Crazy goaltending.

Staal
Getzlaf/Perry
Zetterberg/Datsyuk
Crosby/Malkin
Toews/Kane
Bergeron/Krejci
Kopitar

I see a common theme here... the Sens have nobody in the organization right now who will be able to play at that level in the future. Spezza MAY be able to right now, but the rest of the team isn't ready.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:58 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

From the Sens forward prospects, I see only many good complementary players. No ''The Guy'' prospect.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:11 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Jason Spezza for Mikael Granlund, Johan Larsson and Jonas Brodin
I would make this trade IF ONLY to give 5.3 million Minnesotans simultaneous, lethal heart attacks.

There are other benefits, but that's the main one I can see.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:14 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I would make this trade IF ONLY to give 5.3 million Minnesotans simultaneous, lethal heart attacks.

There are other benefits, but that's the main one I can see.
lulz, you want to give them heart attacks?

that's mean

Old
01-09-2013, 10:25 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
I don't want to start a new thread, so I won't

...but what are the expectations for Turris? Is he a 20-30-50 guy, or is their hope that he can still develop into what he was drafted to as the 3rd overall pick from a few years ago?

Thanks for any and all input!
Turris is still an interesting case if you ask me. Safe projections would be the ones you mentioned but his shot is too good to not surpass 20 goals. There is still hope he can develop into that guy he was supposed to be, imo and we saw flashes of that last year towards the end when he stepped up big. When he first joined this team he had 11 points in the first 12 games I believe. When Spezza went down he had a 4 point game in an important game against the Isles to make the playoffs.

Turris can still be that 70 point forward center who is excellent at both ends of the ice. He was very very good in Finland even with a rough scoring start.

Heck, if Turris becomes a 60 guy as a 2nd liner behind Spezza we'll have one of the best 1-2 punches in the league regardless.

Quote:

Looooooooooooooool, sorry man but you do realize Spezza will be 32 then right. Below average #1 center? Hahahaha, please stop this is too much. Spezza has improved his level of play every year so far all-around and has looked NO WAY out of position offensively and you think when this team peaks with better players he will be below average?

Spezza is THAT GUY offensively and he finished 4th with 65 point winger and 3rd liner on his line.

I'm willing to bet any amount of money Spezza will still be lethal, barring any major injures(Which can be associated to anyone), and one of the best centers in the leagues.

Plus, we have Karlsson. Karlsson is the guy who makes your forward ranks better and enhances their performance giving them prime offensive chances.

Regardless, Zibanejad is that guy, unless his concussion symptoms don't get in the way.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:31 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Looooooooooooooool, sorry man but you do realize Spezza will be 32 then right. Below average #1 center? Hahahaha, please stop this is too much. Spezza has improved his level of play every year so far all-around and has looked NO WAY out of position offensively and you think when this team peaks with better players he will be below average?

Spezza is THAT GUY offensively and he finished 4th with 65 point winger and 3rd liner on his line.

I'm willing to bet any amount of money Spezza will still be lethal, barring any major injures(Which can be associated to anyone), and one of the best centers in the leagues.

Plus, we have Karlsson. Karlsson is the guy who makes your forward ranks better and enhances their performance giving them prime offensive chances.

Regardless, Zibanejad is that guy, unless his concussion symptoms don't get in the way.
Spezza finished 4th because of Karlsson.

Anyway, Tavares/Seguin/top 3 pick > Spezza.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:34 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:

that's mean
If we've learned anything from Quentin Tarantino movies, it's that pretend deaths are awesome and entertaining. The movie concept in my head in which all of Minnesota dies is both complex, and outstanding.

Real death = tragic.

Imagining a dystopian future Minnesota in which Will Smith stars as one of but a handful of survivors, scavenging the vast flat landscape for last of the state's expansive cheese & sausage reserves, while fighting off the re-animated bodies of dead Wild fans controlled by an evil warlock hell-bent on turning Minnesota into a gateway to another dimension = entertaining as hell.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:35 PM
BK201

Quote:
From the Sens forward prospects, I see only many good complementary players. No ''The Guy'' prospect.
How many teams in the NHL have " the guy" prospects?

And BTW spezza is pretty awesome one of my favorite players hope he retires here. He'll be great for a long time coming even if he ever needs reduced minutes in 6-8 years.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:39 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
If we've learned anything from Quentin Tarantino movies, it's that pretend deaths are awesome and entertaining. The movie concept in my head in which all of Minnesota dies is both complex, and outstanding.

Real death = tragic.

Imagining a dystopian future Minnesota in which Will Smith stars as one of but a handful of survivors, scavenging the vast flat landscape for last of the state's expansive cheese & sausage reserves, while fighting off the re-animated bodies of dead Wild fans controlled by an evil warlock hell-bent on turning Minnesota into a gateway to another dimension = entertaining as hell.

agreed

and it has begun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
How many teams in the NHL have " the guy" prospects?

And BTW spezza is pretty awesome one of my favorite players hope he retires here. He'll be great for a long time coming even if he ever needs reduced minutes in 6-8 years.
not many, but contenders very often have a ''the guy''.

I would rather have an 18 year old guy than a 30 year old guy right now

Old
01-09-2013, 10:39 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Spezza finished 4th because of Karlsson.

Anyway, Tavares/Seguin/top 3 pick > Spezza.
Hahaha, come on now buddy. I am the biggest Karlsson fan but Spezza was downright amazing last year. Him and Karlsson carried the team not just Karlsson.

Plus, it's a team sport. We have Spezza who is not that far off from those guys, heck as of now he's better. Anyway, we have Spezza, Karlsson, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Cowen, Lehner

We can have a team full of amazing players and win constant cups. You're acting like the slighttt difference between Spezza and Tavares would give NYI the cup when they have no one on D like Karlsson and someone as promising as Lehner.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:

that's mean
All the cheese they eat is already killing them. This would just speed it up a little. Donchaknow

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:49 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Hahaha, come on now buddy. I am the biggest Karlsson fan but Spezza was downright amazing last year. Him and Karlsson carried the team not just Karlsson.

Plus, it's a team sport. We have Spezza who is not that far off from those guys, heck as of now he's better. Anyway, we have Spezza, Karlsson, Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Cowen, Lehner

We can have a team full of amazing players and win constant cups. You're acting like the slighttt difference between Spezza and Tavares would give NYI the cup when they have no one on D like Karlsson and someone as promising as Lehner.
?

I don't think trading Spezza for Tavares give NYI the Cup... In fact that would be praising Spezza, and most would consider what I'm doing to be bashing him.

Anyway... Spezza looks to be The Guy caliber right now (don't really know without extended playoff run).

BUT, he has been inconsistent throughout his career, has had injuries, who knows how his back will hold up.

He won't be finishing 4th in scoring in 3-4 years. IMO. There will be quite a few centres better than him by then.

Spezza > Tavares now, but the difference isn't very big, and age more than makes up for it. AINEC.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:02 PM
General Granny*

Karlsson is also the reason why Spezza was PPG center for the other 500 career games or was that only because of Heatly?

Skill players put up good numbers when paired up with skilled players, wow what a shocker. news at 11 followed by weather.

Give Spezza more skilled wingers and he will get back to the 90 point seasons instead of the Butlers, Condras and Greenings. Its nothing short of amazing he put up 84 points out of that rotating top 6, credit also goes to the coach as well and his system

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:02 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
?

I don't think trading Spezza for Tavares give NYI the Cup... In fact that would be praising Spezza, and most would consider what I'm doing to be bashing him.

Anyway... Spezza looks to be The Guy caliber right now (don't really know without extended playoff run).

BUT, he has been inconsistent throughout his career, has had injuries, who knows how his back will hold up.

He won't be finishing 4th in scoring in 3-4 years. IMO. There will be quite a few centres better than him by then.

Spezza > Tavares now, but the difference isn't very big, and age more than makes up for it. AINEC.
I don't get your argument. Are you saying Spezza will be scoring 60 points in 3 years? Are you saying Tavares will be scoring over 100 as well during that time? Malkin just got a hundred and he was the only one. Are you saying Tavares will be the best player in the league?

All I know is that this team for the next 5 years, as things seem now, let alone 3, will still have Spezza recording at PPG pace or slightly lower if they peak with wingers and depth like Silfverberg, Turris, Zibanejad, Stone, Noesen, Karlsson, Cowen, Ceci etc...

If Spezza could be 4th in the league with just Karlsson and an above average 2nd line winger what would he do with a peaked team.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:08 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
I don't get your argument. Are you saying Spezza will be scoring 60 points in 3 years? Are you saying Tavares will be scoring over 100 as well during that time? Malkin just got a hundred and he was the only one. Are you saying Tavares will be the best player in the league?

All I know is that this team for the next 5 years, as things seem now, let alone 3, will still have Spezza recording at PPG pace or slightly lower if they peak with wingers and depth like Silfverberg, Turris, Zibanejad, Stone, Noesen, Karlsson, Cowen, Ceci etc...

If Spezza could be 4th in the league with just Karlsson and an above average 2nd line winger what would he do with a peaked team.
In 3-4 years, I see Spezza at ~70 points (if he plays a full season; big If) with worse defensive play, and Tavares at 90-100 points. I think that's reasonable. Pretty big difference.

I'd rather have that Minny package + a top 3 pick from sucking than Spezza.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:10 PM
General Granny*

God please stop with these terrible suggestions, its sooo bad.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote