HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Teravainen vs Gaudreau

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 06:10 AM
  #126
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
And that is when I knew I could disregard this entire post.
How is you saying you would take Gaudreau over Schroeder any more legitimate than me taking JS over JG.

Atleast I present good points for my argument unlike you.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:25 AM
  #127
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,094
vCash: 500
Reasons why TT is a better prospect.

He put up similar numbers despite being much younger

Tervainen is an elite skater,faster more dynamic despite being younger.... Jonny is not, this is why he was a 5th round pick and Grimaldi and Shroeder were much earlier...there was no conspiracy...he cannot skate or keep up to certain players

Teravainen is dynamic offensively, there were talks that Montreal was eyeing him in the draft instead of Galy

Size- TT has a few inches on him,while not being a big guy has incredible balance and flexibility along with more height, reach and most importantly stamina.

17th overall vs 100+ overall?

Johnny G has solid offensive instincts and a good shot, but the most important aspect of an NHL is to combine those things with elite skating. At his size and frame he won't be an impact player, the reason Schroeder Grimaldi and other guys even Ennis were drafted significantly higher is their skating.


Sorry. If your lucky he will be Kyle Calder

If Chicago is lucky they got a more offensive Fillpula

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:34 AM
  #128
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,094
vCash: 500
http://youtu.be/NuEaTAQcUiM

check that out if curious why TT is an east choice

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:45 AM
  #129
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,926
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Reasons why TT is a better prospect.

He put up similar numbers despite being much younger

Tervainen is an elite skater,faster more dynamic despite being younger.... Jonny is not, this is why he was a 5th round pick and Grimaldi and Shroeder were much earlier...there was no conspiracy...he cannot skate or keep up to certain players

Teravainen is dynamic offensively, there were talks that Montreal was eyeing him in the draft instead of Galy

Size- TT has a few inches on him,while not being a big guy has incredible balance and flexibility along with more height, reach and most importantly stamina.

17th overall vs 100+ overall?

Johnny G has solid offensive instincts and a good shot, but the most important aspect of an NHL is to combine those things with elite skating. At his size and frame he won't be an impact player, the reason Schroeder Grimaldi and other guys even Ennis were drafted significantly higher is their skating.


Sorry. If your lucky he will be Kyle Calder

If Chicago is lucky they got a more offensive Fillpula
Stopped reading at "5th round pick".

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:41 AM
  #130
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,004
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
That guy is not representative of Hawks fans. He gets his knowledge from NHL13.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:44 AM
  #131
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,512
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post

Tervainen is an elite skater,faster more dynamic despite being younger.... Jonny is not, this is why he was a 5th round pick and Grimaldi and Shroeder were much earlier...there was no conspiracy...he cannot skate or keep up to certain players



17th overall vs 100+ overall?



Sorry. If your lucky he will be Kyle Calder

If Chicago is lucky they got a more offensive Fillpula
By this logic (is it logic???) Mark Stuart draft #22 overall in 2003 should be better than Shea Weber drafted #49 overall 2003.

or a better example

Mikael Backlund #24 in 2007 should be better than Jamie Benn #129 overall. I mean thats over 100 draft stops?

Well thats settled. Lets trade Backlund for Benn +....

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:51 AM
  #132
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Reasons why TT is a better prospect.

He put up similar numbers despite being much younger

Tervainen is an elite skater,faster more dynamic despite being younger.... Jonny is not, this is why he was a 5th round pick and Grimaldi and Shroeder were much earlier...there was no conspiracy...he cannot skate or keep up to certain players

Teravainen is dynamic offensively, there were talks that Montreal was eyeing him in the draft instead of Galy

Size- TT has a few inches on him,while not being a big guy has incredible balance and flexibility along with more height, reach and most importantly stamina.

17th overall vs 100+ overall?

Johnny G has solid offensive instincts and a good shot, but the most important aspect of an NHL is to combine those things with elite skating. At his size and frame he won't be an impact player, the reason Schroeder Grimaldi and other guys even Ennis were drafted significantly higher is their skating.


Sorry. If your lucky he will be Kyle Calder

If Chicago is lucky they got a more offensive Fillpula
This is, without a doubt, one of the worst posts I've ever read, on any board, in my entire life.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:17 PM
  #133
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,512
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
This is, without a doubt, one of the worst posts I've ever read, on any board, in my entire life.
at least it was good for a laugh.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:22 PM
  #134
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,808
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
This is, without a doubt, one of the worst posts I've ever read, on any board, in my entire life.
Then you haven't read HFboards enough

I disagree with the logic of using draft selection, but he does bring up some valid points. Of course, those points are immersed in a sea of bias and irrational.

Teravainen for me is a better prospect. The only real knock on him is strength. I prefer his projectable and upside.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:44 PM
  #135
GetThePuckOut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 1081
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Then you haven't read HFboards enough

I disagree with the logic of using draft selection, but he does bring up some valid points. Of course, those points are immersed in a sea of bias and irrational.

Teravainen for me is a better prospect. The only real knock on him is strength. I prefer his projectable and upside.
The post was ridiculous. Solid instincts with a good shot? Can't skate??? He was the best US forward at gaining the zone and he had multiple breakaways.

Meanwhile Teravainen has INCREDIBLE balance and flexibility, ELITE skater, DYNAMIC offensively (that's the funniest one). This guy sounds like a living legend.

If Johnny Gaudreau can be summed up by solid instincts and a good shot, then Terevainen is a decent skater who's alright offensively.


Last edited by GetThePuckOut: 01-09-2013 at 12:50 PM.
GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 01:19 PM
  #136
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,926
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
That guy is not representative of Hawks fans. He gets his knowledge from NHL13.
Obviously .

FWIW, if I had to pick one of them to build a team I think I would take Teravainen right now, I think Gaudreau still has higher upside overall but Teravainen will be a 50 Point winger (at worst I think), not sold on his defensive game though. In any case Teravainen seems like a good bet, I guess if I was feeling like a high roller that day I might take Gaudreau.

I won't get into who does what better and all of that because its been beaten to death in this thread, I will say though that this is a valid poll and I think the value of both players is pretty close right now.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:55 PM
  #137
EverybodyLovesRay
Registered User
 
EverybodyLovesRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
I would take Teuvo. I dont think guadraue make it in NHL.

EverybodyLovesRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:07 PM
  #138
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,440
vCash: 500
Teuvo Teravainen, easily.

Gaudreau quickly becoming one of the more overrated prospects on these boards.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:10 PM
  #139
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,926
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loscar View Post
I would take Teuvo. I dont think guadraue make it in NHL.
Me either..

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:17 PM
  #140
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,173
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Teuvo Teravainen, easily.

Gaudreau quickly becoming one of the more overrated prospects on these boards.
I guess being arguably the best players in the NCAA at 19 is "overrated"

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:41 PM
  #141
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,926
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
I guess being arguably the best players in the NCAA at 19 is "overrated"
The NCAA is a scrub league, no solid NHL players have ever come from there.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:50 PM
  #142
SickHandsNoShot
Registered User
 
SickHandsNoShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Teuvo Teravainen, easily.

Gaudreau quickly becoming one of the more overrated prospects on these boards.
Lol, Or maybe he is getting the recogintion he deserved all along. But was being dismissed as being too small to be a legit NHL prospect...

In all honesty, with his acomplishments, he would be a top 15, if not top 10 prospect in the world if he was 6Foot 190.

SickHandsNoShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:35 PM
  #143
fredligh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iceland
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post

Meanwhile Teravainen has INCREDIBLE balance and flexibility, ELITE skater, DYNAMIC offensively (that's the funniest one). This guy sounds like a living legend.

.
I dare you to take a peek into the Barkov thread, ran into it yesterday and saw posts of that were of the charts. "Calder locked" "Sundin or Jagr upside" "Multiple Selke winner" "90 point expectations"

Finland and their prospects. A dozen second liners from NHL enters the league and oll of the sudden the finnish league is the second best in the world.


Last edited by fredligh: 01-09-2013 at 06:50 PM.
fredligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:41 PM
  #144
nik-
Registered User
 
nik-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 868
vCash: 500
I'm ok with our 4th round picks being compared to 1st rounders.

nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:27 PM
  #145
urho
Registered User
 
urho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,674
vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredligh View Post
I dare you to take a peek into the Barkov thread, ran into it yesterday and saw posts of that were of the charts. "Calder locked" "Sundin or Jagr upside" "Multiple Selke winner" "90 point expectations"
Well, Finnish fans have certainly overhyped a bunch of their young and promising players (Rajala & Pulkkinen being good examples) but Barkov... This kid is scary good. 1st overall-material but it's a deep ****ing draft year. Jagr is obviously out of reach for almost everybody but he's got superstar potential, this Barkov kid. Maybe the first time a Finn's got that since Olli Jokinen.

(Well, who knows what Mikke turns out to be...)

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:28 PM
  #146
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickHandsNoShot View Post
Lol, Or maybe he is getting the recogintion he deserved all along. But was being dismissed as being too small to be a legit NHL prospect...

In all honesty, with his acomplishments, he would be a top 15, if not top 10 prospect in the world if he was 6Foot 190.
The homer is strong with this one

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:30 PM
  #147
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,828
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
The homer is strong with this one
I have already pointed out one scouting source that thinks JG is a top 20 prospect right now.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:35 PM
  #148
SaintAnton
Registered User
 
SaintAnton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
The homer is strong with this one
I think its in reference to Kreider ranked in the top 15 similar paths
JG better production and possibly talent but Kreider has the size to transition much easier to the NHL. Where would JG be ranked if he had that size?

SaintAnton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 07:47 PM
  #149
SickHandsNoShot
Registered User
 
SickHandsNoShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
The homer is strong with this one
Say what you want, but you contribute nothing.

I did not say he was a top 15 prospect. I dont believe he will ever be because of the uncirtainty. But no one can deny that he is one of, if not the best NCAA player in the last 2 years. And those years happen to be his Freshman, and Sophmore seasons, which makes it that much more impresive.

SickHandsNoShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:01 PM
  #150
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,094
vCash: 500
Oh SO SORRY flames fans. Are you guys nit picking because I put 5th instead of 4th round pick?????



Then Imagine the comparison between 4th and 1st.
That is why you all make 0 sense...get all pissy about that minor detail yet can't realize why everyone thinks TT's draft position makes sense.



After reading up and watching highlights games and multiple sources my points are as follows:

-TT is better at skating what really counts at the NHL level, at age 17 he was still better than Gaudreau
-Teravainen plays with Men in an elite league, Johnny plays against kids who will rarely get drafted and are underdeveloped.
-Teravainen was drafted because of his offensive capabilities and skating, mid first round, Gaudreau was passed by how many selections (I will let you kids figure that out again)
-The main reason Gaudreau was passed was his skating in comparison to his size was just fair. In order to be relevant in the NHL at 5'7 you have to be DYNAMIC AND AGILE OR FLEXIBLE like one Teravainen.


SOLID POINTS NO BRTRIAD????????????

I AM REPRESENTING THE CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS AND I SUPPORT THIS MESSAGE.


Last edited by DontToewzMeBro: 01-09-2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: dorks
DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.