HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

The Official 2012/13 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 11:16 PM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

vCash: 500
With Thursday being the beginning of three straight games for the rampage and the Panthers' camp starting Sunday... any rumblings of players that are flying out to Florida?

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:33 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
With Thursday being the beginning of three straight games for the rampage and the Panthers' camp starting Sunday... any rumblings of players that are flying out to Florida?
Dineen said 3-5 guys will be called to camp for SA. Markstrom is at least one of them

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:16 AM
LUUUUUIS
¿Qué bolá, Tallón?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Dineen said 3-5 guys will be called to camp for SA. Markstrom is at least one of them
Yeah, just seems like it's getting to crunch time. Figured we'd hear of something from the Rampage seeing as they have a game in less than 24 hours. A majority of the other players are in Florida already, I think.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
So looks like DGM has been brought down to earth and Markstrom's #'s have improved

Panteras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:13 AM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
Yeah, just seems like it's getting to crunch time. Figured we'd hear of something from the Rampage seeing as they have a game in less than 24 hours. A majority of the other players are in Florida already, I think.
As of yesterday, Chuck Weber had not heard from Tallon/Santos regarding who was going to camp and when. As of right now, they are heading into the weekend with the assumption that they will have the whole team until they hear differently.

Markstrom, Strachan, and Shore are locks to go to camp. I think they could send Howden as well. Of all of those names, only Strachan won't be coming back here, IMO.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:16 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
So looks like DGM has been brought down to earth and Markstrom's #'s have improved
Not sure I would say DGM has been "brought back down to earth". He's a quality AHL goalie and IMO, a borderline NHL backup.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:32 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
As of yesterday, Chuck Weber had not heard from Tallon/Santos regarding who was going to camp and when. As of right now, they are heading into the weekend with the assumption that they will have the whole team until they hear differently.

Markstrom, Strachan, and Shore are locks to go to camp. I think they could send Howden as well. Of all of those names, only Strachan won't be coming back here, IMO.
Just wanted to say thanks for your insight in SA. It's really appreciated.

I May Be Wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
There's only one name from the Rampage on this list...
http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....pe=top_goalies

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:38 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
There's only one name from the Rampage on this list...
http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....pe=top_goalies
Markstrom is on that list too..... at #28. Dov has played 15 games and Marks has played 24.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:44 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for your insight in SA. It's really appreciated.
No problem. I love doing it. Can't think of a better hobby than writing and tweeting about a hockey team.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:46 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Markstrom is on that list too..... at #28. Dov has played 15 games and Marks has played 24.
Markstrom has been better lately, and is more dominant over longer stretches, but DGM has been the more consistent goalie over the last year and a half.

Of course, Markstrom was returning from knee surgery last year, so that DOES need to be taken into account. But DGM has been an absolute rock for this franchise since last December.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:

I wouldnt be so sure of that just yet. The Panthers have 8 d-men signed to 1 way contracts so SOMEONE will have to either go down or get traded. I have a feeling that Strachan could be sent back unless someone gets injured (or if Ellerby gets traded).

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:32 AM
RampageNate

Gameday!

Old
01-10-2013, 09:35 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I wouldnt be so sure of that just yet. The Panthers have 8 d-men signed to 1 way contracts so SOMEONE will have to either go down or get traded. I have a feeling that Strachan could be sent back unless someone gets injured (or if Ellerby gets traded).
This is just my personal speculation founded in nothing but my own opinion...

Tyson Strachan, with the exception of the last 2.5 weeks, has been practicing and playing for the last 4 months. He's game ready.

Erik Gudbranson, who just happens to be on a 2-way deal, hasn't skated for 4 months and still isn't cleared for contact (though, by all accounts, he's close). I think Guds comes down for a while to get his legs back and they keep Tyson up as the 7th d-man.

Now in 2 months, who knows what will happen. Players get hurt, players get traded. Anything is possible. Me personally...I'm banking on Strachan staying up for the foreseeable future.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:46 AM
francky89

You have some news for J.F Jacques? Can he play again for this organisation?

francky89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:55 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by francky89 View Post
You have some news for J.F Jacques? Can he play again for this organisation?
We'll see what happens with who goes to Florida and if either of the vets on a PTO get picked up. Right now, he's the odd man out and the team really can't justify playing him over any of the other vets in the lineup.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
This is just my personal speculation founded in nothing but my own opinion...

Tyson Strachan, with the exception of the last 2.5 weeks, has been practicing and playing for the last 4 months. He's game ready.

Erik Gudbranson, who just happens to be on a 2-way deal, hasn't skated for 4 months and still isn't cleared for contact (though, by all accounts, he's close). I think Guds comes down for a while to get his legs back and they keep Tyson up as the 7th d-man.

Now in 2 months, who knows what will happen. Players get hurt, players get traded. Anything is possible. Me personally...I'm banking on Strachan staying up for the foreseeable future.
Very true, I did forget about Guds coming back from injury. I would expect him to go play for the Rampage for about 2-3 weeks before they make a move to bring him back up. But then once they feel Guds is ready again, thats when I think Strachan goes back down or maybe like you said other injuries happen so who knows. I'm just saying no one is ever assured of a spot with the way the Panthers are doing things these days. Look at all the guys on camp invites without contracts.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Very true, I did forget about Guds coming back from injury. I would expect him to go play for the Rampage for about 2-3 weeks before they make a move to bring him back up. But then once they feel Guds is ready again, thats when I think Strachan goes back down or maybe like you said other injuries happen so who knows. I'm just saying no one is ever assured of a spot with the way the Panthers are doing things these days. Look at all the guys on camp invites without contracts.
I think that is for sure that he goes down since he hasnt even been cleared for contact but is very close to

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
It's possible though those tryouts are there to fill up the camp roster, since there won't be a prospect camp and thus no holdovers from it to see. There'll be some who are expected to have a realistic shot at a roster spot, but none of the others will be there, including any college players.

01-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Beezeral

Correct me if I am wrong, but if Strachan is on the Panthers opening day 23 man roster, he cant be sent down without clearing waivers.

Seems to me the prudent thing would be to start the season with 6 defenseman on the roster and call up strachan if one of the players get hurt. I know that will put a bind on the panthers if an injury were to happen on the first night of a back to back with this condensed schedule, but its better that than keeping 2 defenseman in the press box every night once Guds is ready to go

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:59 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Markstrom has been better lately, and is more dominant over longer stretches, but DGM has been the more consistent goalie over the last year and a half.

Of course, Markstrom was returning from knee surgery last year, so that DOES need to be taken into account. But DGM has been an absolute rock for this franchise since last December.
Do you think the Panthers re-sign DGM to a two-way this summer or do you think there's gonna be serious bidding for his services from other organizations? I hope we keep him in the org. as he's a solid vet goalie for S.A. and Markstrom is likely up with the Panthers next season.

Markstrom Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:43 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
i read somewhere shortly after his injury that the plan was to have him play this year in SA, even if he was healthy....

i expect him 100% to start the season in SA, and quite possibly even stay there.

i'd see happening for two reasons: half of it would be the panthers being cheap (he's on a 2-way deal, meaning, he'll cost 100k to play in the minors whereas Strachan is going to get his NHL salary if he's the one in SA) and the other half to develop his offensive game down there some. a full (now half, because of his injury) season with #1 PP time in the pro game would do him alot of good.

we'll see though, just speculating.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:27 AM
SARampage

After Jacob's play last night I doubt he will stay in Florida longer then the shortened training camp. Santos was sitting in front of me during the game, did not look happy at all. Jacob should get chance in goal on Saturday in Austin. But see Dov in goal tonight. Not only Jacob's fault last night, the whole team looked lost. Couldn't control the puck, got beat constantly on the boards. Only good thing in game was Yonkman finally having upper hand in a fight and beat the hell out of the guy.

SARampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Kate

I love Dov! I hope he's ok after taking that stick to the head!

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
I love Dov! I hope he's ok after taking that stick to the head!
We know...

He's a solid goalie and a good person to have on the rampage, him being there won't leave them hung out to dry when markstrom gets the occasional call up for injuries and such

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote