HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Non-Minnesota NHL News VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 01:16 PM
  #951
hirawl
Used Register
 
hirawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 628
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I'd say, if there was a good time to move on from a GM, this would be the perfect time to do it. Much less work to be done right now as opposed to the offseason.
True also.

hirawl is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 01:30 PM
  #952
W75
Wegistewed Usew
 
W75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,481
vCash: 50
When the lockout ended I thought that now we can concentrate purely on hockey. But no, Višňovskýgate, Kovalchukgate and now Burkegate.

The soap opera just has begun!

W75 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
  #953
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,600
vCash: 500
Watch Toronto trade Morgan Rielly for loloungo

forthewild is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 02:21 PM
  #954
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,204
vCash: 50
In the spirit of my global warming chapter for Chemistry class.


Billy Mays Here is online now  
Old
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
  #955
lostpuppysyndrome
iddqd
 
lostpuppysyndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: Canada
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
“Burke will remain with the organization as a special advisor to the board.”

…what? “We’re going to fire him as GM because we don’t like his ‘tone and voice’ but we’re going to keep him in the room.” Soooo they fired him because they didn't like how he said things, but they kept him on board because they like what he has to say? Is he going to text his opinions to Nonis then? Uhhhhhh….



Last edited by lostpuppysyndrome: 01-09-2013 at 02:35 PM.
lostpuppysyndrome is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 02:36 PM
  #956
lostpuppysyndrome
iddqd
 
lostpuppysyndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: Canada
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
In the spirit of my global warming chapter for Chemistry class.

All that hot air was contained in Toronto. Now it's free to roam where it wants.

lostpuppysyndrome is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 05:48 PM
  #957
Minnesota
Moderator
L'étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,441
vCash: 50
If I were John McConnell, I would be non-stop dialing Burke's number.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 06:49 PM
  #958
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
lol Leafs..

I guess it makes sense if Luongo is coming.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
  #959
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,459
vCash: 500
Oh gawd, please let Luongo go to Philly. Would be hilarity.

__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
  #960
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
That new rumor is hilarious.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 07:46 PM
  #961
MNWILDFAN001
Registered User
 
MNWILDFAN001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 629
vCash: 500
I'm looking forward to not having to listen to the "Luuuuuu"s when we play the Canucks.

MNWILDFAN001 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 09:13 PM
  #962
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
If this keeps up I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to go on meds........
http://twitter.com/strombone1/status/289206517155106816

Not sure how you can hate Luongo, the guy.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 09:27 PM
  #963
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,273
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Get over it. Minnesota has a new franchise. It's time to move on.

You think Washington cares about the Twins anymore?

I don't know why Minnesota fans are so obsessive over something that happened 20+ years ago. That's an entire generation removed.

Dallas has made a name for themselves. They are one of the more successful teams to have moved.

I mean do you hate Colorado and want them to move? New Jersey? Winnipeg?
Here's the thing. When all of those teams you mentioned moved, they completely rebranded themselves. The Senators became the Twins. The Nordiques became the Avalanche. The Rockies became the Devils, and the Thrashers became the Jets. So none of those teams are like the walking corpses of their former locations. Meanwhile the only thing that happened when our team left for Dallas is they dropped the word "North" from their nickname. In fact the colors and the main Star logo they have used for the entirety of their existence in Dallas originated in Minnesota in the North Stars final season.

So that's one of the things that irks me. Dallas never developed their own identity. They're just a walking dead corpse that still wears colors and a name that originated in Minnesota. If they were to at the very least, change their name and colors, it would allow me to start to consider the North Stars as truly gone rather than as stolen property. If they change their current colors from dark gold and green to traditional north stars yellow and green, it just makes it even more of a blaspheme.

It's almost like Star Wars. They're more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.

And before you say anything, no you're a towel.

Avder is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 10:22 PM
  #964
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96


Oh Bryz...

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 11:43 PM
  #965
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,204
vCash: 50
Holy ****ing ****!!! Did anyone else see this deal Tampa gave out? So freakin' jealous right now.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1319921

Billy Mays Here is online now  
Old
01-09-2013, 11:45 PM
  #966
Generic User
Dynamic as they come
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Holy ****ing ****!!! Did anyone else see this deal Tampa gave out? So freakin' jealous right now.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1319921
Jesus.. Wow. Jesus.

Generic User is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 11:46 PM
  #967
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
That's simply unreal.

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 11:47 PM
  #968
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,110
vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Holy ****ing ****!!! Did anyone else see this deal Tampa gave out? So freakin' jealous right now.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1319921
As a STH, I'd be beyond pizzed if the Wild did that. They'd have A LOT of explaining to do. Yeah, it's a good idea to win new fans back, but it's a slap in the face to the fans who stood with the team and didn't take their money out of their accounts.

JMO

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 11:49 PM
  #969
Kari Takko
Registered User
 
Kari Takko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Metro, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Here's the thing. When all of those teams you mentioned moved, they completely rebranded themselves. The Senators became the Twins. The Nordiques became the Avalanche. The Rockies became the Devils, and the Thrashers became the Jets. So none of those teams are like the walking corpses of their former locations. Meanwhile the only thing that happened when our team left for Dallas is they dropped the word "North" from their nickname. In fact the colors and the main Star logo they have used for the entirety of their existence in Dallas originated in Minnesota in the North Stars final season.

So that's one of the things that irks me. Dallas never developed their own identity. They're just a walking dead corpse that still wears colors and a name that originated in Minnesota. If they were to at the very least, change their name and colors, it would allow me to start to consider the North Stars as truly gone rather than as stolen property. If they change their current colors from dark gold and green to traditional north stars yellow and green, it just makes it even more of a blaspheme.

It's almost like Star Wars. They're more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.

And before you say anything, no you're a towel.
You forgot to mention the Lakers, Jazz, Raiders, Flames, Giants, Athletics and the Dodgers.

Kari Takko is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 11:55 PM
  #970
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
As a STH, I'd be beyond pizzed if the Wild did that. They'd have A LOT of explaining to do. Yeah, it's a good idea to win new fans back, but it's a slap in the face to the fans who stood with the team and didn't take their money out of their accounts.

JMO
This same issue came up with Gopher football this season. They started giving away $10 tickets every week to increase interest, but it pissed off their best and most loyal fans who were paying way more.

Jaykay is offline  
Old
01-09-2013, 11:58 PM
  #971
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 21,203
vCash: 50
200 tickets while they last. it's a buzz generator. i didn't click on anything but is there a caveat? like you buy a seat at regular price to get one at that rate? Great deal, no doubt, any way, but like someone said...they're pretty much planning at operating at a loss. Toronto is paying for those tickets. :/

rynryn is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 12:02 AM
  #972
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,110
vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
This same issue came up with Gopher football this season. They started giving away $10 tickets every week to increase interest, but it pissed off their best and most loyal fans who were paying way more.
Yep. To put it in perspective, those upper bowls would be roughly $9 a game. The upper bowl sides at the Xcel are around $43 a game. I'd be spitting enough fire that it'd make the Vancouver riots look like child's play if they did that here.

Normally I let stuff go and don't get bent out of shape if there is a deal for new STH's. After all, they've gotta lure them in somehow. But this would be crossing the line.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 01:18 AM
  #973
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?
 
Northland Wild Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 7,440
vCash: 500
Wow

Apparently it took 3 hours to sell out too. Much too long for something like that.

Northland Wild Man is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 02:05 AM
  #974
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,273
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Holy ****ing ****!!! Did anyone else see this deal Tampa gave out? So freakin' jealous right now.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1319921
Jesus ****ing christ!

I stared at the screen with mouth agape for over a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Freitag View Post
You forgot to mention the Lakers, Jazz, Raiders, Flames, Giants, Athletics and the Dodgers.
Except he didn't mention them, so I saw no need to. All those teams make good examples of teams that could be considered walking corpses of their former teams, however enough time has passed with those particular relocations (minus the Raiders), that the outrage has had several generations to die out in most cases, tho I am sure it still simmers with some people the same way I can't tolerate the Stars mere existence. (Oh and the Lakers can go die, but not because they originated in Minneapolis...well maybe a little because of it)

And as for the Raiders: well, LA has a long, storied history of being unable to support and NFL team for some reason, so I think they can be given an exception. Additionally, any die-hard Raiders fan in LA can conceivably drive up to Oakland from LA on a regular basis. They only moved half a state to the north.

Avder is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:49 AM
  #975
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect
 
MuckOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Right behind you....
Country: United States
Posts: 6,131
vCash: 50
Quote:
You forgot to mention the Lakers, Jazz, Raiders, Flames, Giants, Athletics and the Dodgers.
Also Rams, Braves, Hawks, Rockets, Royals, Clippers, Kings, Grizzlies, Redskins, Chargers and Cardinals (twice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Except he didn't mention them, so I saw no need to. All those teams make good examples of teams that could be considered walking corpses of their former teams, however enough time has passed with those particular relocations (minus the Raiders), that the outrage has had several generations to die out in most cases, tho I am sure it still simmers with some people the same way I can't tolerate the Stars mere existence. (Oh and the Lakers can go die, but not because they originated in Minneapolis...well maybe a little because of it)

And as for the Raiders: well, LA has a long, storied history of being unable to support and NFL team for some reason, so I think they can be given an exception. Additionally, any die-hard Raiders fan in LA can conceivably drive up to Oakland from LA on a regular basis. They only moved half a state to the north.
LA only borrowed the Raiders for a few years....they shouldn't have any right to lay claim to that team.

As far as the North Stars go, I was as big of a fan as anyone. They were the team of my youth (Anyone else remember watching them on Spectrum pay TV?). I was crushed beyond belief when Norm effin' Green packed them up and shipped them out. But I've moved on. I don't even equate the Stars with the North Stars anymore.

MuckOG is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.