Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 01:16 PM
hirawl
Used Register

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I'd say, if there was a good time to move on from a GM, this would be the perfect time to do it. Much less work to be done right now as opposed to the offseason.
True also.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:30 PM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 50
When the lockout ended I thought that now we can concentrate purely on hockey. But no, Višňovskýgate, Kovalchukgate and now Burkegate.

The soap opera just has begun!

Old
01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
forthewild

vCash: 500
Watch Toronto trade Morgan Rielly for loloungo

Old
01-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

In the spirit of my global warming chapter for Chemistry class.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
lostpuppysyndrome
iddqd

“Burke will remain with the organization as a special advisor to the board.”

…what? “We’re going to fire him as GM because we don’t like his ‘tone and voice’ but we’re going to keep him in the room.” Soooo they fired him because they didn't like how he said things, but they kept him on board because they like what he has to say? Is he going to text his opinions to Nonis then? Uhhhhhh….

Last edited by lostpuppysyndrome: 01-09-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old
01-09-2013, 02:36 PM
lostpuppysyndrome
iddqd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
In the spirit of my global warming chapter for Chemistry class.

All that hot air was contained in Toronto. Now it's free to roam where it wants.

Old
01-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

If I were John McConnell, I would be non-stop dialing Burke's number.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
lol Leafs..

I guess it makes sense if Luongo is coming.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:13 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Oh gawd, please let Luongo go to Philly. Would be hilarity.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Fel 96
JFC

That new rumor is hilarious.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:46 PM
MNWILDFAN001

I'm looking forward to not having to listen to the "Luuuuuu"s when we play the Canucks.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
If this keeps up I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to go on meds........
http://twitter.com/strombone1/status/289206517155106816

Not sure how you can hate Luongo, the guy.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Get over it. Minnesota has a new franchise. It's time to move on.

You think Washington cares about the Twins anymore?

I don't know why Minnesota fans are so obsessive over something that happened 20+ years ago. That's an entire generation removed.

Dallas has made a name for themselves. They are one of the more successful teams to have moved.

I mean do you hate Colorado and want them to move? New Jersey? Winnipeg?
Here's the thing. When all of those teams you mentioned moved, they completely rebranded themselves. The Senators became the Twins. The Nordiques became the Avalanche. The Rockies became the Devils, and the Thrashers became the Jets. So none of those teams are like the walking corpses of their former locations. Meanwhile the only thing that happened when our team left for Dallas is they dropped the word "North" from their nickname. In fact the colors and the main Star logo they have used for the entirety of their existence in Dallas originated in Minnesota in the North Stars final season.

So that's one of the things that irks me. Dallas never developed their own identity. They're just a walking dead corpse that still wears colors and a name that originated in Minnesota. If they were to at the very least, change their name and colors, it would allow me to start to consider the North Stars as truly gone rather than as stolen property. If they change their current colors from dark gold and green to traditional north stars yellow and green, it just makes it even more of a blaspheme.

It's almost like Star Wars. They're more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.

And before you say anything, no you're a towel.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Oh Bryz...

Old
01-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Holy ****ing ****!!! Did anyone else see this deal Tampa gave out? So freakin' jealous right now.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1319921

Old
01-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Holy ****ing ****!!! Did anyone else see this deal Tampa gave out? So freakin' jealous right now.

Jesus.. Wow. Jesus.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Fel 96
JFC

That's simply unreal.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:47 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:

As a STH, I'd be beyond pizzed if the Wild did that. They'd have A LOT of explaining to do. Yeah, it's a good idea to win new fans back, but it's a slap in the face to the fans who stood with the team and didn't take their money out of their accounts.

JMO

Old
01-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Kari Takko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Here's the thing. When all of those teams you mentioned moved, they completely rebranded themselves. The Senators became the Twins. The Nordiques became the Avalanche. The Rockies became the Devils, and the Thrashers became the Jets. So none of those teams are like the walking corpses of their former locations. Meanwhile the only thing that happened when our team left for Dallas is they dropped the word "North" from their nickname. In fact the colors and the main Star logo they have used for the entirety of their existence in Dallas originated in Minnesota in the North Stars final season.

So that's one of the things that irks me. Dallas never developed their own identity. They're just a walking dead corpse that still wears colors and a name that originated in Minnesota. If they were to at the very least, change their name and colors, it would allow me to start to consider the North Stars as truly gone rather than as stolen property. If they change their current colors from dark gold and green to traditional north stars yellow and green, it just makes it even more of a blaspheme.

It's almost like Star Wars. They're more machine now than man. Twisted and evil.

And before you say anything, no you're a towel.
You forgot to mention the Lakers, Jazz, Raiders, Flames, Giants, Athletics and the Dodgers.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
As a STH, I'd be beyond pizzed if the Wild did that. They'd have A LOT of explaining to do. Yeah, it's a good idea to win new fans back, but it's a slap in the face to the fans who stood with the team and didn't take their money out of their accounts.

JMO
This same issue came up with Gopher football this season. They started giving away $10 tickets every week to increase interest, but it pissed off their best and most loyal fans who were paying way more.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:58 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

200 tickets while they last. it's a buzz generator. i didn't click on anything but is there a caveat? like you buy a seat at regular price to get one at that rate? Great deal, no doubt, any way, but like someone said...they're pretty much planning at operating at a loss. Toronto is paying for those tickets. :/

Old
01-10-2013, 12:02 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
This same issue came up with Gopher football this season. They started giving away $10 tickets every week to increase interest, but it pissed off their best and most loyal fans who were paying way more.
Yep. To put it in perspective, those upper bowls would be roughly $9 a game. The upper bowl sides at the Xcel are around $43 a game. I'd be spitting enough fire that it'd make the Vancouver riots look like child's play if they did that here.

Normally I let stuff go and don't get bent out of shape if there is a deal for new STH's. After all, they've gotta lure them in somehow. But this would be crossing the line.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Wow

Apparently it took 3 hours to sell out too. Much too long for something like that.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:

Jesus ****ing christ!

I stared at the screen with mouth agape for over a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Freitag View Post
You forgot to mention the Lakers, Jazz, Raiders, Flames, Giants, Athletics and the Dodgers.
Except he didn't mention them, so I saw no need to. All those teams make good examples of teams that could be considered walking corpses of their former teams, however enough time has passed with those particular relocations (minus the Raiders), that the outrage has had several generations to die out in most cases, tho I am sure it still simmers with some people the same way I can't tolerate the Stars mere existence. (Oh and the Lakers can go die, but not because they originated in Minneapolis...well maybe a little because of it)

And as for the Raiders: well, LA has a long, storied history of being unable to support and NFL team for some reason, so I think they can be given an exception. Additionally, any die-hard Raiders fan in LA can conceivably drive up to Oakland from LA on a regular basis. They only moved half a state to the north.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:49 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Also Rams, Braves, Hawks, Rockets, Royals, Clippers, Kings, Grizzlies, Redskins, Chargers and Cardinals (twice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Except he didn't mention them, so I saw no need to. All those teams make good examples of teams that could be considered walking corpses of their former teams, however enough time has passed with those particular relocations (minus the Raiders), that the outrage has had several generations to die out in most cases, tho I am sure it still simmers with some people the same way I can't tolerate the Stars mere existence. (Oh and the Lakers can go die, but not because they originated in Minneapolis...well maybe a little because of it)

And as for the Raiders: well, LA has a long, storied history of being unable to support and NFL team for some reason, so I think they can be given an exception. Additionally, any die-hard Raiders fan in LA can conceivably drive up to Oakland from LA on a regular basis. They only moved half a state to the north.
LA only borrowed the Raiders for a few years....they shouldn't have any right to lay claim to that team.

As far as the North Stars go, I was as big of a fan as anyone. They were the team of my youth (Anyone else remember watching them on Spectrum pay TV?). I was crushed beyond belief when Norm effin' Green packed them up and shipped them out. But I've moved on. I don't even equate the Stars with the North Stars anymore.

Closed Thread