HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Rubbers29

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
Thompson and Mcnuaghten fought, Pedan dropped his gloves and tried to fight Shoemakers who got no penalty at all...lol
Not the first time for him, players just look like idiots when they take 17 mins in penalties and the other player skates to their bench! not to mention piss a lot of fans off when it happens to someone on their team

Old
01-08-2013, 09:11 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acad View Post
Don't fire Spott, fire Fixter.
Fire both of them!

Old
01-08-2013, 10:06 PM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbers29 View Post
Not the first time for him, players just look like idiots when they take 17 mins in penalties and the other player skates to their bench! not to mention piss a lot of fans off when it happens to someone on their team
When McNaughton tossed his glove, I think it landed near Pedan. I wonder if he just saw a glove hit the ice and figured it was Schoenmaker's. If so, that's freakin' hilarious! Enjoy your vacation, kid.

Guelph was getting away with a lot of crap away from the play - too bad there wasn't two refs on the ice to notice these things...

The entire team had a lot more jump in their step tonight than they've had in weeks - very nice to see.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:07 PM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
I know in sports a contract is made to be broken but didn't Spott just sign a new 5 year contract this summer with no "out" clause?
I didn't know his contract doesn't have an out clause. If so, he's dug himself a heck of a hole for the next couple of years, but did acknowledge that in his post game comments.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:50 AM
rangersfan88

Does anyone think we are going to add more pieces ? , or are we done ? They looked really good last night but its only one game . I'm hoping when faksa gets back he plays to his full potential I think the world juniors and nhl camp will really help him . I think him and reider are going to light it up down the stretch .

Old
01-09-2013, 08:25 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

any report on Leivo from last night?

Old
01-09-2013, 09:24 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
any report on Leivo from last night?
He had 1G 1A in his debut. Was nothing special, though he was playing with new teammates and line mates so the chemistry will come with time.

I felt he was floating a bit at times, and was not forechecking at all when he was the first man there. Could be unfamiliarity with the system, or his style, I'm not sure.

Overall, he looked good!

Old
01-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
He had 1G 1A in his debut. Was nothing special, though he was playing with new teammates and line mates so the chemistry will come with time.

I felt he was floating a bit at times, and was not forechecking at all when he was the first man there. Could be unfamiliarity with the system, or his style, I'm not sure.

Overall, he looked good!
He was nothing special but he looked good? How does that work?

Old
01-09-2013, 09:40 AM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
The best way to say it is that he looked good, but we'll wait to make a complete judgement once he's had a chance to run through a practice or two with his new teammates and linemates.

His goal was a beauty, and his assist was even better.

Old
01-09-2013, 09:53 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Pretty much what CharlieGirl said. He showed flashes of brilliance, but at the same time seems lazy at times. I am willing to chalk that up to not knowing the system and arriving in Kitchener 2 hours before puck drop after a 5 hour drive.

Once he has a week or so to gel with the team, I think that is a better time to pass a judgement on his play and what we may come to expect from him.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:07 AM
BenchedGuy

I see what you guys are saying, but I also saw him back check a few times. I think you have to chalk it up to everything that has been mentioned (travel, new system...etc.). But the moments I saw him come back on the defensive side, he broke up the play and has slick hands.

Old
01-09-2013, 10:09 AM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
I see what you guys are saying, but I also saw him back check a few times. I think you have to chalk it up to everything that has been mentioned (travel, new system...etc.). But the moments I saw him come back on the defensive side, he broke up the play and has slick hands.
I agree -- and I'm looking forward to seeing him once he's settled in and comfortable with his linemates.

Just need Dallas to return Faksa (which I expect) and Puempel to get healthy (sooner the better).

Old
01-09-2013, 10:40 AM
BenchedGuy

Hey, all in all when you beat a good team 6-2 and your missing Faksa, Puempel and Gibson and I dont think the chemistry was all there...not to shabby. I know Sparks wasnt playing but I dont remember any soft goals either.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM
RangerFan14

wow this thread got quiet fast..... no one has heard any other rumours coming out f k-town

Old
01-09-2013, 09:20 PM
NHL Fanatic

You never know with Kitchener, they are pretty much done at this point. They can and should make one more deal for a defensemen but I doubt it at this point.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:14 AM
EvenSteven

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
You never know with Kitchener, they are pretty much done at this point. They can and should make one more deal for a defensemen but I doubt it at this point.

I hope we aren't done yet. We need a top 6 center. Right now we're deep on the wing but after Faksa, the drop off is huge down the middle. I have no confidence that MM can be a top 6 guy. Also, this centerman should be a setup guy to get Rieder back on track. It's obvius he still misses Catenacci.

And I dont like Spott talking about trying Rieder at center. Geeez. He's been a RWer his whole time here and now you want to start playing him out of position?

Another d-man would be nice, but just an inexpnsive depth guy. I like our starting six as it is right now.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:19 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
So what's this "Evening With The Rangers" thing going on at The Aud on January 29th???

What's all that about??? I saw a poster for it when I was out and about yesterday.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:56 AM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Spott has said he is shopping for a center and has some irons in the fire, its just a matter of price.

Also, with the 2nd fewest goals against in the league and the best goaltender, and the recent addition of Corrado, I dont think its a d-man on their mind. Especially when you consider that they also have the 2nd fewest goals scored in the league.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Acad

Why doesn't Kitchener pick up Mackenzie Braid, he was released from Sudbury.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/6634

Old
01-10-2013, 01:03 PM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
So what's this "Evening With The Rangers" thing going on at The Aud on January 29th???

What's all that about??? I saw a poster for it when I was out and about yesterday.
It's a United Way fundraiser:

Quote:
An Evening with the Kitchener Rangers

A United Way KW Fundraiser

United Way KW and the Kitchener Rangers are teaming up to bring you a fun event for the whole family. From interactive activities, skating, tours of the new dressing room, a silent auction and hanging out with the Rangers - there's something for everyone.

Plus! All attendees receive one free professional photo with a Kitchener Rangers player!

All ticket holders are entered in to win a 32" TV, Xbox, and the new NHL 2013 game. You could go home a winner!

Questions? Call us at (519) 888-6100 or email events@uwaykw.org
http://uwkitchenerrangers.eventbrite.com/#

Old
01-10-2013, 01:04 PM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
And I dont like Spott talking about trying Rieder at center. Geeez. He's been a RWer his whole time here and now you want to start playing him out of position?
I believe the Oilers have asked that he be tried at centre, and when the big guys speak...

Old
01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
BenchedGuy

Bob Mackenzie is reporting that Gibson is going to Ducks camp.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:33 PM
aresknights

Lets get that pro career started Gibson

Old
01-10-2013, 02:01 PM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Bob Mackenzie is reporting that Gibson is going to Ducks camp.
*********. He's not going to stick with the big club for the year, and there are a few goalies ahead of him. What exactly is the point?

*&^%$ Ducks....

Old
01-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
*********. He's not going to stick with the big club for the year, and there are a few goalies ahead of him. What exactly is the point?

*&^%$ Ducks....
One would almost think that some of these NHL teams don't consider the travel that some of kids just went through!

Closed Thread