HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ilya Bryzgalov

Old
01-09-2013, 11:04 PM
jayball75

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Exactly. For people saying nothing and/or 7th d-men are crazy. Yea he might not have had a good season last year, but a team that needs a goalie in the league would hope he turns into the player he was the year before.
Who would've thought mike smith or Brian Elliot could've turned their careers around? Bryzgolov is a very good goalie and whether he's in Philly or not he'll be better than last year if given the support needed. Most of the haters on here are probably the same ones who love luongo who has done the same thing in the playoffs more than once.

Last edited by jayball75: 01-09-2013 at 11:11 PM.
jayball75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:05 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair View Post
As someone who has watched Bryz play all last season and followed him a bit when he was doing well with Phoenix, I also don't understand the hate. Sure, he had too many games in the first half of the season where it seemed like he was playing with his eyes closed, but he definitely tightened up in the second half. He had a couple bad games against the Pens but was otherwise decent and even good against the Devils.

This is just a forum with people who love to have extreme opinions though, I for one have confidence that Bryz figured out his issues from last season and will continue to play well for the Flyers. I also think that as our team improves with age, Bryz will also have a chance to flaunt his abilities
It's not hate, he wasn't very good last year he was something like 50th in save percentage, the guy really stunk in the playoffs, he stunk when he was playing during the lockout and he is signed for $5,666,667 per year for the next 8 years. No team is going to want to take that on. Not unless the Flyers pay half the salary and even then he isn't worth that much. No other team wanted to pay that much for him when the Flyers signed him, why would they now after his game seems to have disappeared on him?

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:10 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
Who would've thought mike smith or Brian Elliot could've turned their careers around? Bryzgolov is a very good goalie and whether he's in Philly or not he'll be better than last year if given the support needed. Most of the haters on here are probably the same ones who love luongo who has done the same thing in the playoffs more than once.
I love that some of you guys call people haters who think Bryzgalov has a bad contract and was a terrible goaltender last year. Those are facts, it doesn't mean he is hated. It seems very risky to assume that he will play better, he has played like this for over a year. He wasn't any better in the KHL, why would anyone think that he would be worth that contract now?

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:17 AM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherith Cutestory View Post
Well first off no team was willing to outbid the flyers. For all we know, there were 6-8 teams trying to acquire Bryz 's rights and the flyers offered the most. He had a good year, not as good as his previous few years but still good. I imagine that a few teams would look at him if he was available.
And nothing is stopping Philly from sweetening the pot.

Say Bryz and a 1st for a bad short contract. Bryz has been terrible in his last 2 playoffs but I think the internet and many of its dimwitted denizens have made him into some sort of awful goalie.

Overpriced? Sure. But not by that much.

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:19 AM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
Most of the haters on here are probably the same ones who love luongo who has done the same thing in the playoffs more than once.
How the hell would you come to that conclusion?

craigcaulks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:02 AM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Toronto would give up next to nothing. That contract is abysmal.

Decent goalie, though.

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Edmonton has already had their fill of Russian goaltender with a bad contract. Columbus might make an offer.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:09 AM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Toronto would give up next to nothing. That contract is abysmal.

Decent goalie, though.
I actually wouldn't mind Bryz and he'd be way cheaper than Luongo. Komi for Bryz?

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:00 AM
var

Philly might be able to unplug Gomez from MTL.

var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:49 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

For as inconsistent as bryz was last year, he had better statistics than any previous flyers goaltender for the past 10 years.

That hurts. It really does.

On the plus side, he finished the last 4 games in russia very, very well. He was also very impressive down the stretch for the flyers last season. He had a terrible play-offs against the penguins, but then rallied and played very well against the devils. He was probably our best player against the devils.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:16 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post

Say Bryz and a 1st for a bad short contract. Bryz has been terrible in his last 2 playoffs but I think the internet and many of its dimwitted denizens have made him into some sort of awful goalie.

He wasn't terrible last playoff. The defense was.

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:23 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
I actually wouldn't mind Bryz and he'd be way cheaper than Luongo. Komi for Bryz?
we may need Komi (as scary as that sounds). 6th or 7th round pick at the most. Then buy Bryz out after next offseason

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

I will give Philly a half of my Subway Sub (It is a Steak and Cheese sub.) For Bryz to follow me around and narrate my life.

TOR

Bryz
Schenn
Schenn

PHI

Phaneuf
2nd

Mystifo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:57 AM
kasper11

I don't see Philly moving him....

In order to get anything for him, they would need to eat some of the salary (people saying he has no value are forgetting about this option. An acquiring team doesn't need to eat the whole contract).

But..I can't see Philly taking dead money on for the next three years when they can buy him out over the summer without a cap hit.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
Maybe, but the Leafs aren't in a position to lose defencemen at this point (he's somewhere between our #3 and #5) and wouldn't be prepared to retain any of his salary.

It might make sense to move Liles in a year or two, because of puckmovement, nothing to do with the grossly over-hyped handedness
Totally agree with this. Until we see more of our D-prospects make the jump to the NHL i wouldnt rushing them out for a large contract goalie that didnt seem to play well when put into a bigger market. (PHX to Philly). Throwing him the deep-end (Tor) may be disastrous.

Lebda Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I will give Philly a half of my Subway Sub (It is a Steak and Cheese sub.) For Bryz to follow me around and narrate my life.

TOR

Bryz
Schenn
Schenn

PHI

Phaneuf
2nd

Would be an absolute steal for TO. Plus this sub speak of only sweatens the deal.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:11 AM
capitalsrock

Van: Crawford,Read,Frolik

Chi: Bryzgalov

Phi: Luongo,Hjalmarsson

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
That escalated quickly.

I think Philly would have to keep some salary to get a team interested.

Maybe something around Liles from Toronto? Philly could use a decent offensive defenseman.
Wow...and no. The guy has a brutal contract and looked horribad last season If Bryz is our only option....then Mr. Reimer, you have the wheel.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:21 AM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post

That's really bad for Chicago. Dumping the Frolik contract is nice, but I would rather have Crawford than Bryz, plus they lose Hjalmarsson when their bottom 4 defence is pretty bad as it is.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:

Philly makes out like Bandits.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Lebda Snipes

Quote:

Thats terrible. VAN gets rinsed in this deal. Frolik is a bum and probably not the type of center they are looking for. If philly wanted Luongo, i could imagine Brayden Shenn would be going to VAN, most likely with a pick.

Bryz to Chicago is intersting though...not sure of their cap situation though.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Hawkaholic

Giving up Hjalmarsson for Bryz is a non-starter.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post

Bryz wasn't terrible in the playoffs last year. He might have been the best player for them in the NJ series. I think overall team defense (for both teams) was poor in the Penguins series and the Flyers were emotionally out of gas and severly injured by the time they got to NJ.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:09 PM
inthewings

Bryzgalov had a 0.925 SV% in 33 starts after December. This after posting a 0.920+ SV% in 3 of the previous 4 seasons.

I'm shocked at how quickly he's being thrown under the bus here (actually, I'm really not). He had a poor first three months with a new team, then played the 2nd half at his typical elite level and HF is still acting like those three months are indicative that he's done as a top goalie. Ridiculous.

The contract also isn't that bad. It's 5 seasons (after this) at a 5.667 cap hit, for his age-32-37 seasons, then two extremely buyout-friendly years.

Remember when everyone here thought Kovalchuk was a franchsie-crippling albatross after he had a bad start in New Jersey?

inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:10 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
Bryzgalov had a 0.925 SV% in 33 starts after December. This after posting a 0.920+ SV% in 3 of the previous 4 seasons.

I'm shocked at how quickly he's being thrown under the bus here (actually, I'm really not). He had a poor first three months with a new team, then played the 2nd half at his typical elite level and HF is still acting like those three months are indicative that he's done as a top goalie. Ridiculous.
Quoted for truth

BrindamoursNose is online now   Reply With Quote