HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

miller's psyche

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2003, 01:53 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

vCash: 500
miller's psyche

thought i would start a new thread for this one

i agree with takeo21 that 'miller's psyche' is a major concern

i'm not sure if anyone has said this yet, but am i the only one who thinks its a little weird that ruff has let in miller for a 6 goal and 7 goal drubbing both in a row?

i remember hearing something about biron being hurt, but he was on the bench last night, and was he so hurt he couldn't play ten mintues?
i would have pulled miller after the 4th or 5th goal- but 7?

anybody else think its a bad idea to let young goalies suffer through blowout games, twice in a row nonetheless?

Old
12-11-2003, 02:08 PM
MLH

Maybe Miller's psyche would be better if he stopped more shots.

I understand he's young, but he is still a professional, and paid to make saves. He isn't doing a very good job of it right now.

Everyone seems to want to make excuses for the guy about the defense leaving him out to dry and what not. The bottom line is he needs to step up and make some difficult saves. Would anyone have blamed Cujo for giving up a goal to Satan who was wide open in a great scoring position? (nice play by Brown btw) No, at that point it was a 2-1 game and that was just as "unstoppable" as the 2nd Datsyuk goal. But he found a way to stop it and the game took a change for the worse.

Last edited by MLH: 12-11-2003 at 02:19 PM.
Old
12-11-2003, 02:11 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

i agree, he needs to play better
i am not blaming his poor play on being left on the ice too long
i am saying that i think it is a bad idea to continue to leave miller out while he's getting beaten so badly

Old
12-11-2003, 04:35 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
thought i would start a new thread for this one

i agree with takeo21 that 'miller's psyche' is a major concern

i'm not sure if anyone has said this yet, but am i the only one who thinks its a little weird that ruff has let in miller for a 6 goal and 7 goal drubbing both in a row?

i remember hearing something about biron being hurt, but he was on the bench last night, and was he so hurt he couldn't play ten mintues?
i would have pulled miller after the 4th or 5th goal- but 7?

anybody else think its a bad idea to let young goalies suffer through blowout games, twice in a row nonetheless?
I agree keeping him in there was not the smartest move by Ruff, It just goes to show that he is going to ruin Miller as well.

Old
12-12-2003, 03:20 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Biron wasn't hurt on Wednesday.

Ruff has lost all confidence in Marty. He wanted Miller called up to make Biron the 3rd goalie and to have him work more with Jim Corsi and get his game back where it should be.

Mika was supposed to start against Detroit.

But then Mika got hurt in practice and couldn't dress against the Wings.

While Ryan should have been yanked, Ruff didn't want to put Biron in the game only a day or two after he demoted him to 3rd on the depth chart.

Ruff was sending a message to Biron. Now whether or not that was the best thing for Ryan Miller is another topic.........

Closed Thread