HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 06:37 AM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Vandermeer would be nice insurance in case Peckham doesn't bounce back.
I agree. Good veteran presence with lots of grit. All they need is a guy who won't hurt you.

I'd be all for a legit top 4 defenceman but at this time the cost would be significant! This is not the time to panic and way overpay for some guy who will not even be here in 2 years.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Petro Points

My ' omg omg trade Yakupov before it is too late proposal':

To PHI: Yakupov + Peckham\Teubert
To EDM: The 2 Schenns

Not a full value but IMO makes us a playoffs team.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:51 AM
ToeDrag83
5-14-6-1

Eklund saying Oilers have interest in making move for Del Zotto.

It's Eklund, but if Del Zotto is available, I can't deny my interest. Could be fun to discuss anyways.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...ottoe4/1/48335

Quote:
Oilers interested in Del Zotto (e4)

There is a ton of speculation that the Oilers will make a very bold move before the puck drops on January 19th and this morning I am hearing the Oilers are showing a huge amount of interest for Rangers RFA Micheal Del Zotto. The Rangers have a ton of money tied up in a few players, and with next years Cap falling the Rangers are in a bind... while they don't want to lose Del Zotto, the Oilers could give NY something it does need. "Talent on Entry Level Contracts..."

Old
01-10-2013, 09:58 AM
bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeDrag83 View Post

It's Eklund, but if Del Zotto is available, I can't deny my interest. Could be fun to discuss anyways.

Could something like Marincin and Gernat get it done? I honestly haven't followed Del Zotto's career close enough to say.

Could Paajarvi be considered somewhere in a packaged deal including Del Zotto?

Old
01-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Petro Points

Quote:

he wont be cheap... If they want ELC guys then they might want something like Klefbom+ Pitlick plus some more..

Old
01-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Asher

If the Oilers are targeting a Dman my guess is it's a 5-6 guy in the twilight of his career... basically a replacement for Sutton. But of course Eklund doesn't get a lot of hits to his site by writing stuff like that.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
If the Oilers are targeting a Dman my guess is it's a 5-6 guy in the twilight of his career... basically a replacement for Sutton. But of course Eklund doesn't get a lot of hits to his site by writing stuff like that.
agree... but if they are looking past this season then they only have Petry and the 2 Schultz signed past this season.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:14 AM
ToeDrag83
5-14-6-1

Yeah Rangers want young talent back I'd assume. I'm not ready to part with Klefbom, but Del Zotto is definitely more proven at this point, and is for certain a Top-4 talent that rounds out our D-core nicely. Fits in with the young core as well. We won't have to worry about a 6/7 defenceman like Peckham and Teubert beign plugged into the line up, the top 6 would be set.

Smid-Petry
Del Zotto-J. Schultz
Whitney-N. Schultz

Looks at the very least average in the league to me. Slightly above average even. The physicality is slightly lacking for sure, though I can't claim to know whether Del Zotto has a physical edge. Saw a puck-moving LHD that puts up points and plays well positionally.

I don't thik we re-sign Whitney unless he proves his injury troubles are behind him. Then Kefbom steps in next year ideally. Very dream-like, I know.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Wheatking

Eklund isn't worth talking about. He's vague so the first names that pop into your mind are RNH or Yakupov.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:43 AM
backhandsauce

Eric Fehr is a UFA as well. He could fit in the bottom six quite nice while Jones is hurt. I remember him in the Dub just lighting it up. Anyways here is a brief scouting report on him...

ASSETS: Possesses good offensive instincts, a very big frame and a scoring touch. Knows where to go to put points on the board. Good in the slot, his soft hands are an advantage in heavy traffic. Unloads an accurate wrister. Is improving defensively.

FLAWS: It's not his style of play, but he would benefit greatly from utilizing his 6-4, 212-pound frame more to his advantage. Must continue to improve his skating, which is below-average by NHL standards. Injuries have been a problem.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Depth scoring winger who lacks consistency.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:45 AM
HockeyOrDie
Hockey Hockey Hockey

Canadian clubs looking for defense

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...r-defense.html

Old
01-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

If we can work something out around Paajarvi + for Del Zotto that would kick ass.

Not sure what the Rangers would want though. Klefbom is tracking pretty nicely but the injuries could be seen as a concern by the organization and maybe they would likely want proven talent back. Plus then Whitney could be flipped for picks or prospects to replace the talent pool. Only prospects I'd consider untouchable for Del Zotto right now is Marincin, Schultz and Yakupov.

Like always though this is an Eklund rumor so whatever it likely means the Rangers are talking trade with the Flames about Rupp.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyOrDie View Post
last part of the article mentions Arnott.. Should we bring him into camp for a tryout? Might still have a season left in him.
17 goals playing on a defense 1st STL team.. decent faceoff %... size

Old
01-10-2013, 10:54 AM
jsho

I forgot how much I haven't missed Eklund......

Rangers have a team that could make a cup run. They have the best goalie in the league and potentially one of the best top lines in the league.

They don't need to trade Del Zotto to relieve cap stress this year. They're at 57.875 mill for this year right now. Depending what they do with Redden say add on another 6.5....give Del Zotto 4/yr they are still under the cap.

Either way Del Zotto is a potential young star and NYR is in a position to go for it this year. Trading away one of their best D for prospects isn't a smart move this year.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Mcworraps
McWonderful McSummer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
I forgot how much I haven't missed Eklund......

Rangers have a team that could make a cup run. They have the best goalie in the league and potentially one of the best top lines in the league.

They don't need to trade Del Zotto to relieve cap stress this year. They're at 57.875 mill for this year right now. Depending what they do with Redden say add on another 6.5....give Del Zotto 4/yr they are still under the cap.

Either way Del Zotto is a potential young star and NYR is in a position to go for it this year. Trading away one of their best D for prospects isn't a smart move this year.
Basically this. McKenzie had a good article yesterday detailing how the Rangers could deal with the Redden situation without necessitating a major roster move:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413185

Old
01-10-2013, 11:23 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Typical Ek. Obviously clicks were down over the lockout so it's time to ramp up the "desirable player from team A with a large net presence to team B with a large net presence" garbage.

The Rangers aren't letting Del Zotto go. End of story.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:29 AM
MisterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Basically this. McKenzie had a good article yesterday detailing how the Rangers could deal with the Redden situation without necessitating a major roster move:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413185
If they want to be able to spend up to the top cap this season, they will need to try moving him. They can buy him out in the summer, but that will impact the team they field this year.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:39 AM
NewBoysClub97
All-Star

I didn't know there were Luongo rumors in the media:

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer

Re; Luongo rumours to Edmonton. Some media will suggest Oilers are in the mix. Don't see it! It's Devan Dubnyk's time to run with it!

Old
01-10-2013, 11:42 AM
backhandsauce

Gotta feel for Redden. I know he is getting paid but man are the NYR screwing him around.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Mcworraps
McWonderful McSummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle View Post
If they want to be able to spend up to the top cap this season, they will need to try moving him. They can buy him out in the summer, but that will impact the team they field this year.
I didn't realize Del Zotto is still unsigned.

Jeez they have some tough decisions to make. They might be looking to move Del Zotto.

It would be great if they'd take Paajarvi + for him.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:51 AM
rockinghockey

I would not sign Bryz

Old
01-10-2013, 11:59 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
the only thing worse than eklund BS is the guy who writes the oilers blog on his webiste, he may be the stupidest mong i have ever read. when i first saw it i thought "probably some BS rumors but its still fun anyway" what i read made me want to barf at how stupid he was. who is this guy even?

Old
01-10-2013, 12:01 PM
rockinghockey

I would say that MDZ is a very good offensive dman, but this team needs a big dman that is a legit top 3, he is not that.

We have Schultz, Petry and Whitney(if healthy) already, we need another Smid.

Isn't MDZ just redundent?

Old
01-10-2013, 12:03 PM
MisterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I would say that MDZ is a very good offensive dman, but this team needs a big dman that is a legit top 3, he is not that.

We have Schultz, Petry and Whitney(if healthy) already, we need another Smid.

Isn't MDZ just redundent?
Whitney may not be returning next year, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to get another puck mover that would be here longer term. But we also need a player like Vandemeer to bring some toughness to the back end.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:05 PM
blue31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
the only thing worse than eklund BS is the guy who writes the oilers blog on his webiste, he may be the stupidest mong i have ever read. when i first saw it i thought "probably some BS rumors but its still fun anyway" what i read made me want to barf at how stupid he was. who is this guy even?
The assclown's name is Cloutier. He listens to Stauffer every day and then repeats his show almost verbatim in his column. I'd be suing him for plagiarism if I were Stauffer/Gregor/Spector.

Plus he whines like a 6-year-old when someone calls him on it. Eklund doesn't have very high standards . . .

Closed Thread