HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrew Ference and Tyler Seguin to Plant Trees in the Rainforest for Each Goal

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2013, 08:26 AM
  #101
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
i'm a bad person because i made a inference at a double standard haha.
a double standard that doesn't exist except for in your head.

dredeye is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:28 AM
  #102
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 27,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Not to get all political but.. ference plants trees and hits you over the head with his greenness and people applaud him for it.. thomas doesn't go to a glorified media event for political reasons and he's an *******?.. god i love this country.
Quoted for truth. The stench of hypocrisy here is overwhelming.

BMC is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:38 AM
  #103
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Quoted for truth. The stench of hypocrisy here is overwhelming.
Its amazing how things got twisted in this thread. The main point is this.. seguin and ference will plant a whole freaking forest.. People will applaud them as they should. The b's will hopefully have a great season.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 09:13 AM
  #104
deliciouspie
the best post
 
deliciouspie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sf, austin, here
Country: United States
Posts: 2,778
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to deliciouspie
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold 84 View Post
I'm a bad person because i made a inference at a double standard haha.
i still can't tell

deliciouspie is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 09:33 AM
  #105
Kate08
Registered User
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Challenged was lack of a better word. How am i being an idiot?
The point stands that it wasn't a charity that initiated the whole thing, it was a blog. You said that "an environmental charity challenged him to it...why? Because that's his political argument". A charity did not challenge him or try to leverage him for his celebrity to raise awareness, a freaking hockey blog that likely was making a joke did and it turned into something bigger.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 09:38 AM
  #106
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
The point stands that it wasn't a charity that initiated the whole thing, it was a blog. You said that "an environmental charity challenged him to it...why? Because that's his political argument". A charity did not challenge him or try to leverage him for his celebrity to raise awareness, a freaking hockey blog that likely was making a joke did and it turned into something bigger.
Great. Ok i mis-spoke about where the Friendly wager? challenge? whatever came from. It still proves a level of double standard by the media. I won't argue your point of me being an idiot though.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 09:49 AM
  #107
Kate08
Registered User
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Great. Ok i mis-spoke about where the Friendly wager? challenge? whatever came from. It still proves a level of double standard by the media. I won't argue your point of me being an idiot though.
It changes your whole argument, but that's ok.

There's only a double standard if you consider an environmental charity a political item. I consider it a charity. I won't argue that there is a double standard around these things in general, but not in this case. It's a freaking chairty.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 09:51 AM
  #108
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
It changes your whole argument, but that's ok.

There's only a double standard if you consider an environmental charity a political item. I consider it a charity. I won't argue that there is a double standard around these things in general, but not in this case. It's a freaking chairty.
Just for sanitys sake i'll say your right.. jesus christ i much rather argue about the power play and penalty kill. I'm gonna put up tree counts for each goal scored.. will that drop this thread?

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 11:13 AM
  #109
doubleminor138
Call me Snake
 
doubleminor138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 14,725
vCash: 500
Screw this. And people wonder why we can't even hint at politics around here? I am going to seriously crush some people this season if they don't take the damned hint early. I'm prepared to hear the crying, don't worry.

__________________
Terry Tomasi / Backin72

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.