HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ilya Kovalchuk In Russia For Lockout: Coming (back) To America!

Old
01-10-2013, 09:00 AM
HenriquesJawLine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Man, life is a pain in the butt as a Devils fan
Considering the other teams I root for, I will strongly disagree with this lol

HenriquesJawLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:04 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Of course Datsyuk does the right thing and lets everyone know about it.
see, this is donít care for. im not going to ramble on and on, as I already did that yesterday, but kovy is one of the ONLY ones doing the right thing right now. he didnít abandon his teammates like all his buttbuddies- and he's kept pretty mum on the subject, like a good lou student. let him have his all star game, and he'll be here Sunday. if by Monday morning we donít have confirmation that kovy is on his way back, THEN its time to worry. but for now- relax.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:05 AM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
see, this is donít care for. im not going to ramble on and on, as I already did that yesterday, but kovy is one of the ONLY ones doing the right thing right now. he didnít abandon his teammates like all his buttbuddies- and he's kept pretty mum on the subject, like a good lou student. let him have his all star game, and he'll be here Sunday. if by Monday morning we donít have confirmation that kovy is on his way back, THEN its time to worry. but for now- relax.
I think he should be playing in the all-star game. But not asking the team's permission knowing now that camp will be opening on that day is bugging me. It just sucks that we are sitting here as fans, media, and the team not knowing anything as usual.

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:07 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
I think he should be playing in the all-star game. But not asking the team's permission knowing now that camp will be opening on that day is bugging me. It just sucks that we are sitting here as fans, media, and the team not knowing anything as usual.
2 different days, time difference, etc. their sunday is our saturday, and over there, hamburgers eat YOU

Old
01-10-2013, 09:08 AM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJParise09 View Post
Considering the other teams I root for, I will strongly disagree with this lol
I can agree to some extent. I met someone a while back that's a Mets, Nets, Jets, and Islanders fan. YIKES.

But what I mean was as a Devils fan we always have to sit here and say "it'll be okay don't worry." We've lost Niedermayer, Stevens early, Parise, Gomez, Gionta, Martin, Rafalski, and so on and have to hear every year how everyone thinks we suck and will finish 14th in the east... then Kovy with the contract issues then we lost Parise and think okay it's fine we have Kovy.. .and now Kovy is a question mark. It's never easy.. but somehow it works out.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:09 AM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
2 different days, time difference, etc. their sunday is our saturday, and over there, hamburgers eat YOU
Their all star game is the 13th isn't it? That's Sunday. I thought camp opens on the 13th...

Old
01-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
How do we know that Kovy didn't talk to Lou and Lou isn't just ****ing with us?

01-10-2013, 09:14 AM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
How do we know that Kovy didn't talk to Lou and Lou isn't just ****ing with us?
Which is a 99.999% possibility which adds to the unnecessary stress that we go through as a fanbase haha.

What I dread... is that Kovy's agent asked for the permission for Kovy to play in the all-start game... Lou said no.. .and Kovy's pissed and is going to do it anyway.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:15 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Their all star game is the 13th isn't it? That's Sunday. I thought camp opens on the 13th...
the time difference is such that he could do both, i believe, if he takes a red-eye. i'd dont even care if he misses one day though- have you seen him play? he's ready. he doesnt need a training camp any more than kaley cuoco needs a training bra.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Which is a 99.999% possibility which adds to the unnecessary stress that we go through as a fanbase haha.

What I dread... is that Kovy's agent asked for the permission for Kovy to play in the all-start game... Lou said no.. .and Kovy's pissed and is going to do it anyway.
In all honestly, until the CBA is actually ratified, Kovy doesn't have to ask anything from anyone... I don't blame him for his point of view. He probably is very unhappy with what's happened.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:33 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

The coach, the GMs, the KHL... everything they're saying is lip service to a league trying to gain relevancy and to maintain an energized crowd that is losing the likes of Kovy, Malkin and Datsyuk to cheer for for the remainder of the season.

Not a single one of them is going to say "we're putting Kovalchuk on the next flight out of here."

It doesn't make sense for them to do so

Really, I love how Kovalchuk is approaching the situation. It shows how he respects his fans and the team he wears the C for.
I'm excited to see Kovalchuk transfer that type of appreciation to our team.... but the first thing that's going to happen when he lands is a microphone jammed in his face with people asking why he doesn't want to be here

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Richer's Ghost
This guy can coach

vCash: 369
Quote:
Sunday here is Monday there.

#Louphole

Richer's Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:38 AM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

I hope the media doesn't bombard him.

All I need to see from him ( and I hope everyone agrees ) is him in a Devils sweater on opening night, scoring a goal, and doing one of his Kovy-like celebrations. That'll be perfect for me. Hell that would be enough for me to take my blank authentic jersey and load it up with his name and number.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Capt Andy Poo
Holik to HHOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Sunday here is Monday there.

#Louphole
8-9 hour time difference, isnt that big, but still, almost a flight from Moscow to NY.

Capt Andy Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:41 AM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

Kovalchuk is Russian hockey. He is going to play in the all star game. He'd be a dick if he didn't. Everyone settle down. Some of you are nuts.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:57 AM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
but the first thing that's going to happen when he lands is a microphone jammed in his face with people asking why he doesn't want to be here
That's the problem, that's why he's been way too cryptic. When you try to pander both sides you'll eventually tick one - if not both - off. And you can't be ticking off Devil fans right now after we've gone through the ringer the last four months like everyone else.

And I can't assume this is just an act until he gets on a plane. Not with the Hamlet act he pulled two years ago. Just say you have a signed contract and have to go back after ratification but you're going to stay for as long as it takes, drama done.

Last edited by NJDevs26: 01-10-2013 at 10:05 AM.
NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:24 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
That's the problem, that's why he's been way too cryptic. When you try to pander both sides you'll eventually tick one - if not both - off. And you can't be ticking off Devil fans right now after we've gone through the ringer the last four months like everyone else.

And I can't assume this is just an act until he gets on a plane. Not with the Hamlet act he pulled two years ago. Just say you have a signed contract and have to go back after ratification but you're going to stay for as long as it takes, drama done.
Of course it goes deeper than just an act. He's playing in his home country, in front of people ecstatic to see him wearing their team colors. There is an emotional connection there, there's no denying that.

But ignore the "cryptic" quotes from others and just focus on the words that came out of the man's own mouth.
http://news.sport-express.ru/2013-01-08/559428/ (previously posted by Captain Kulachuk)

Even loosely translated, it's very easy to see that all signs point to him coming back to the NHL.
In a perfect world, he wouldn't have to clarify any of this...

But it was perfect timing for the media to run away with a story of a guy whose contract "caused the lockout" trying to get out of his contract.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
@ToddCordell: Just heard from a reliable source that Ilya Kovalchuk will be playing in the All-Star game then returning to the #NJDevils. Let's see.

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:28 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

It's going to be an annoying 3 days

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:33 AM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Yeah, No question.

njdevilsjds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:36 AM
CerebralGenesis

The man has shown nothing but loyalty throughout his career.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:55 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Aww how can you get mad at that face? I'm sure he's excited to get back to playing with his friends on the Devils.

Like everybody else is saying, this kinda shows more of his character than anything else, that Kovy is making a point to stay for the All-Star game for the team he's been with for the past few months. He just sounds like a really loyal kind of guy.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:13 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
it already has been

Old
01-10-2013, 11:15 AM
nevesis

"I want to stay in St. Petersburg but I have contractual obligations in the NHL, which will be hard to break" - Kovalchuk to Sport-Express

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
I prefer Google translate:

"Processing Kovaltshukin player's failure to follow like sharks do not give a damn."
This is the most important thing I have read since this story first became an issue. This changes everything.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote