HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eric Fehr

Old
01-10-2013, 02:57 AM
ES

vCash: 500
Eric Fehr

Eric Fehr has left his team in Finnish league. UFA after last season, he signed a contract with Finnish team HPK during the lockout, but with the option to leave in case of NHL contract.

So it seems he is likely to sign with some NHL team, might be also try-out in the camp.

ES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:09 AM
Capathetic

If his injuries are behind him,he can be a decent pickup.

He scored some big goals for the caps. That winter classic game comes to mind. Had two I think.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:17 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
I hope Anaheim invites/signs him. He has played for Boudreau before and if he can bounce back to the player he was 2-3 years ago he could be a fit with Getzlaf and Perry on the top line. Looks like he's had a good season in Finland too.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:13 AM
Tuomaz

Really solid player.

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:32 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
I hope Anaheim invites/signs him. He has played for Boudreau before and if he can bounce back to the player he was 2-3 years ago he could be a fit with Getzlaf and Perry on the top line. Looks like he's had a good season in Finland too.
Same. A one year deal couldn't hurt and the twins need someone they can work with.

Can any Washington fan give any indication of whether or not he's good enough to be a complimentary piece on a line with Getzlaf & Perry? Can he play a cycling game and will he go to the net and screen the goalie/fight for loose pucks while they do most of the puck work?

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:18 AM
Yossarian54

Seem to remember his knees are shot, anyone?

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:26 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
Shoulders - had surgery on both prior to the start of the 2011-2012 season, and had a really rough ride when he came back with the Jets. Seems to have done great with HPK though. If he's fully healed, he'd definitely be worth taking a flyer on.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:32 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

I think Caps can invite him. There's a chance either him or Wolski will work out.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Stewie G
Because Hitting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Same. A one year deal couldn't hurt and the twins need someone they can work with.

Can any Washington fan give any indication of whether or not he's good enough to be a complimentary piece on a line with Getzlaf & Perry? Can he play a cycling game and will he go to the net and screen the goalie/fight for loose pucks while they do most of the puck work?
I'd say he's a decent cycler and forechecker, but he's not really much of a screener/front of the net guy. For me, his shot was the best part of his game. Put the puck on his stick in the slot or top of the circle with a little bit of time and he could do damage.

As for those mentioning Boudreau, I wouldn't count that as a positive. Fehr always seemed to be in his dog house. He would get scratched or have his minutes cut for small mistakes while others (Fleischmann) could pretty much just spin in circles every shift and get 4 more minutes of ice time a night.

I wouldn't mind at all if the Caps picked him up again. With Backstrom's health situation up in the air, the Caps may have to shuffle some players around and having a guy capable of putting up some points would be nice, especially if Wolski doesn't pan out.

Stewie G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:47 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
Last year he was still bothered by shoulder problems. He had surgery in Oct 2011 and never seemed to get to full speed last season. With the Jets he was a fringe player and frequent scratch. When he played he wasn't very physical and mostly invisible, getting 2 G 1 A in 35 games. That being said if his shoulder has completly healed he might be worth a training camp tryout, as he is still only 27 years old.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking. He was a force in his team in FEL.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
As for those mentioning Boudreau, I wouldn't count that as a positive. Fehr always seemed to be in his dog house. He would get scratched or have his minutes cut for small mistakes while others (Fleischmann) could pretty much just spin in circles every shift and get 4 more minutes of ice time a night.
Too bad, I was thinking the same thing. He would have made some sense for us on a few levels. Hopefully Fehr had a different impression.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Hivemind
We're Touched

While he's got good size, he's not really a highly physical player. He's willing to go to the tough areas, but he's not going to force a defenseman out of position to do so or be particularly effective at scoring rebounds or screening the goalie. His shot is quite good, and his ability to elevate the puck from right in front of the net is quite useful.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:02 AM
txpd

fehr was in the doghouse because he was a slacker. i recall reading the jets coach saying the same thing about his lack of desire. i am not sure how he qualifies as a solid player. he's a goal scorer who played half a season last season and scored two goals.

jets fans will be able to answer why he played so little after getting back into th line up in mid november. the jets chose not to qualify him.

as a caps fan, i'd say pass

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:07 AM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post

He can fill up water bottles in between periods for "the twins"

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
fehr was in the doghouse because he was a slacker. i recall reading the jets coach saying the same thing about his lack of desire. i am not sure how he qualifies as a solid player. he's a goal scorer who played half a season last season and scored two goals.

jets fans will be able to answer why he played so little after getting back into th line up in mid november. the jets chose not to qualify him.

as a caps fan, i'd say pass
I don't think anyone is calling him a solid player based on last season. But Anaheim is a budget team and there's not much money left to spend on a solid winger, and Fehr seems like the typical reclamation project they could try for pretty much no money at all. If he could just bounce back to being the player he was from 2008-2010, there's no question that he should be a better option than the likes of Matt Beleskey or Daniel Winnik alongside Getzlaf and Perry.

There's a good chance Kyle Palmieri is ready to fill that role if he's capable of translating to the left side, but some insurance wouldn't hurt. Worst case scenario Fehr becomes a 4th liner/reserve forward or gets waived.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:33 AM
The Hockey Tonk Man

He'd look good on the Bruins on a 1 year deal.

The Hockey Tonk Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:37 AM
BonMorrison
Roman Josi is bae.

I could see the Devils taking him up.

He could look good on the third line - add some size to a line with Tedenby + Josefson.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
Phoenix and Anaheim look like two likely places he could go.

Wish him the best. He just couldn't get it going in Winnipeg.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:58 AM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Fehr and Pittsburgh also could be a good match for a shortened season...

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Fehr-Crosby-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Next season, one of Tangradi, Jeffrey, or Bennett take over for Fehr.

01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Quote:
A lot of us think he was pushed back into the lineup. Don't forget he was re-injured at the end of last season and didn't play again. You could tell all season his shoulders were bugging him, he took some very short slappers.

So I don't know if it was a lack of drive, or the jets brass were mishandling him. I'm willing to bet the latter. We gave up our 4th rounder for him.

He's still a project, I'd be surprised if he spends more than half this season on a 2nd line. I hope he surprises everyone.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:47 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Quote:
gary lawless ‏@garylawless

Bumped into Eric Fehr at Toronto airport - on his way back to Winnipeg looking for an NHL job (not with #NHLJets). If not, back to Finland
Interesting...

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 06:31 AM
txpd

eric is a hometown boy their in winnipeg. if they dont want him there, i am not sure who takes him. also, maybe its true that both the jets and caps mishandled this player and didnt realize what they had. my experience, though, is when a second episode that looks like the first episode comes up, you are in "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then....."

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 06:35 AM
Domino11

I would take him on the habs maybe 1years or 2 years at 1m per ... It not a big risk and it could be a perfect fit on the third line

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 06:54 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
eric is a hometown boy their in winnipeg. if they dont want him there, i am not sure who takes him. also, maybe its true that both the jets and caps mishandled this player and didnt realize what they had. my experience, though, is when a second episode that looks like the first episode comes up, you are in "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck then....."
So, what you're saying is... that he'll be a Duck? Can I make that an (e4)?

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote