HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Anth93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neksys View Post
I wish ownership could see that many Leafs fans, like you, actually DO have an appetite for a proper rebuild. Keep the youngsters, dump the fluff, be legitimately terrible for a couple of years instead of sitting in 9th or 10th - its not like the sting of being out of the playoffs is any worse.
Fortunately if we're able to see if, our front office must also? Fingers crossed..

Old
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
And yet Leaf fans are here still wishing for a slow and methodical rebuild. It's unfortunate that your shots don't really mean much to us I guess?
Well said

Old
MikeK

vCash: 1292
Quote:
And yet Leaf fans are here still wishing for a slow and methodical rebuild. It's unfortunate that your shots don't really mean much to us I guess?
Methodical rebuild?!? You're screwing with me now right?

Old
01-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Reign Nateo

I'm a bit confused, seems like the latest proposals from Canucks fans involve things like Kadri, Bozak and a pick, yet every third post in here is a Leafs fan saying "Reilly/1st/Gardiner are not on the table." Am I missing something here?

Old
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Vorachek + Schenn for Luongo

People are really low balling the Value of Lou....Hes still one of the top goalies in the game....

Mayby his value goes down because his age and contract but Between the new amnesty clause and Philly is a cup contender now. I dont see what the problem is with Philly aquiring Lou, it would help them lots....Of course it would suck for my Isles but we cant beat them anyway...
If you mean B. Schenn then that's never going to happen. Ruin our offense to get a goalie who has been known to fail in pressure situations? I'm not seeing it. Luke maybe although I would still rather keep Voracek.

Old
vanwest

Quote:
Fortunately if we're able to see if, our front office must also? Fingers crossed..
Yesterday's events suggest otherwise.

Old
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebda Snipes View Post
haha i got my piece in. im done
fair enough

I just saw that going down the wrong path

Old
01-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
You may be wishing for that but your ownership group is clearly growing impatient.
What don't you understand? Nonis said like 30 mins ago on HC that ownership has told him to keep improving the club but the playoffs are not a mandate, he's not forced to make the playoffs. People love to put it out there like it's playoffs or your fired, it's not like that.

Old
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Luongo for Timonen+ ?

Old
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Has Nonis made any mention of the 1st or is that just your personal speculation? I've never thought we could get Gardiner/Rielly, but I could imagine a scenario where Nonis trades a player not yet in the organization to make a big splash.
To clarify, personal specualtion. Too many holes to continue giving up first rounders. That said, if it were a conditional first, new ball game from where I sit.

Old
tempest2i
Feral

I think the one factor that hurts Luongo's value is that everyone knows Vancouver has to move him. It's almost a foregone conclusion that Luongo will no longer be a Canuck at the beginning of the 2013-2014 season.

If I were a GM of a team looking to upgrade my goaltending, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't kick the tires on Luongo. But I certainly wouldn't get roped into paying top dollar to get him. Every team that has been rumoured to have interest in Luongo has a pair of goalies that they can start the shortened season with in net.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:05 PM
MikeK

vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
What don't you understand? Nonis said like 30 mins ago on HC that ownership has told him to keep improving the club but the playoffs are not a mandate, he's not forced to make the playoffs. People love to put it out there like it's playoffs or your fired, it's not like that.
WOW. Well if your GM said so it must be true. They never tell lies in the media.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Looking a that team, I don't think it's a terrible as you make it out to be

I Kuleman bounces back (as he should) and JVR plays to potential, then that's a pretty solid top 6
D core is weak, but Phaneuf-Gunnarson is decent, if followed up by a good second pair. That's where I see trouble, I think Gardiner can be the guy on the second pair (maybe not this year) but he would need a legitimate partner. But I am, of course, not a knowledgeable on the leafs as their fans, obviously, so I'll take your word from it.

I would make any first with Toronto conditional on the playoffs, or it becomes a second
If we're going to "go for it" with this roster, then I would welcome this.

Truth is, the team sucks.. If JVR wants to emerge at a 70 point power forward, maybe it doesn't suck. If Reimer can give us a .910/2.90 type of number, maybe we're decent.. But lots of questions.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Burke said pretty much the same thing and look where he is.

Old
DeflatedFootball7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Luongo for Timonen+ ?
This is Timonen's last season. You won't want him.

Also people need to stop bringing up Cousins. No team will want a player that has a very high chance of spending time in prison.

Old
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
You may be wishing for that but your ownership group is clearly growing impatient.
I just hope they dont make rash decisions.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:09 PM
LPH

Quote:
If we're going to "go for it" with this roster, then I would welcome this.

Truth is, the team sucks.. If JVR wants to emerge at a 70 point power forward, maybe it doesn't suck. If Reimer can give us a .910/2.90 type of number, maybe we're decent.. But lots of questions.
oh for sure, I understand where you're coming from, and I could see a much better option being moving out Lupul for youth and picks (if he doesn't want to stay for a full rebuild) and try to grab another first in this draft

Old
01-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
I think the one factor that hurts Luongo's value is that everyone knows Vancouver has to move him. It's almost a foregone conclusion that Luongo will no longer be a Canuck at the beginning of the 2013-2014 season.

If I were a GM of a team looking to upgrade my goaltending, I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't kick the tires on Luongo. But I certainly wouldn't get roped into paying top dollar to get him. Every team that has been rumoured to have interest in Luongo has a pair of goalies that they can start the shortened season with in net.
Great post and something everyone outside of Vancouver believes. Toronto isn't desperate because they know their team can't win a Stanley Cup.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Anth93

Honestly how about this hypothetical?

Lupul for Luongo..

I guess it rules out the Leafs chances at a high pick, but in theory it's a good hockey trade.

Old
nowhereman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Ferraro on team 1040 said Couturier for Luongo. Doesn't mean it's the true.
Maybe if Holmgren's taken up a bath salts habit...

Old
Lebda Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Looking a that team, I don't think it's a terrible as you make it out to be

I Kuleman bounces back (as he should) and JVR plays to potential, then that's a pretty solid top 6
D core is weak, but Phaneuf-Gunnarson is decent, if followed up by a good second pair. That's where I see trouble, I think Gardiner can be the guy on the second pair (maybe not this year) but he would need a legitimate partner. But I am, of course, not a knowledgeable on the leafs as their fans, obviously, so I'll take your word from it.

I would make any first with Toronto conditional on the playoffs, or it becomes a second
That would be an ideal condition. like mentioned before alot of questions on the roster, but if the stars aline right, and players play up to, and above, expectations the team should be vast improvment of what we have seen the past couple of seasons

Old
01-10-2013, 12:11 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

So hold on ... are the Leafs rebuilding again or trying to make the playoffs?

With a Luongo they have an exponentially greater chance of the playoffs for at least the next 5 years, to the point where most Canuck fans would be shocked if the leafs didn't make the playoffs with Luongo this season.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
So hold on ... are the Leafs rebuilding again or trying to make the playoffs?

With a Luongo they have an exponentially great chance of the playoffs for at least the next 5 years, to the point where most Canuck fans would be shocked if the leafs didn't make the playoffs with Luongo this season.
Leafs could probably "St Louis/Nashville" themselves into the 2nd round with Luongo.. But it's no secret that our center depth is vomit inducing and may not be with a high pick.

Old
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
To clarify, personal specualtion. Too many holes to continue giving up first rounders. That said, if it were a conditional first, new ball game from where I sit.
Making the first conditional shouldn't be a huge issue for any canucks fan (including myself) saying Luongo would make Toronto a playoff threat

Old
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Honestly how about this hypothetical?

Lupul for Luongo..

I guess it rules out the Leafs chances at a high pick, but in theory it's a good hockey trade.
Why would the Leafs trade Lupul?

I know everyone on HF has a hard-on for prospects but many don't pan out...

Closed Thread