HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2013 CBJ Training Camp Thread (1/13-1/18)

Old
01-08-2013, 09:39 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
“@Aportzline: In August, #CBJ extended a training camp invite to Alexei Kovalev. He's now headed to camp w #FlaPanthers.”

01-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
@Aportzline: In August, #CBJ extended a training camp invite to Alexei Kovalev. He's now headed to camp w #FlaPanthers.
Glad he's not coming here.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:45 AM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Any top line with Brassard centering should be extremely suspect, Brassard is the one player on this team I'd pencil in "TBD" next to him. I doubt you traded Rick Nash for what Portzline is pontificating is a second and third liner here in Columbus plus an "outside shot this season" defenseman.
Brassard is one of the players that I don't think fits the current rebuild. I think Brassard and Mason are left to be sent packing for the purge to be complete. JMO.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2usp View Post
Brassard is one of the players that I don't think fits the current rebuild. I think Brassard and Mason are left to be sent packing for the purge to be complete. JMO.
I really don't see a 1st line center on this roster (when have we ever?), so I suppose Brassard sounds as good as the next guy. Camp should be interesting, I'll have to take some extra long "coffee breaks" and walk over next week. Bobrovsky imo is the key to this whole season. I have a pretty good idea what we have on defense (solid in both ends) and we know we have alot of 2-way skaters on this roster. This team is ripe for a breakout season by a goaltender. Hopefully Bobrovsky is up for the challenge.

Nordique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:47 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Do you guys expect Jenner to make the club?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:48 AM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Not really, no.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Kutter

Jenner would be much better served going back to Oshawa and finish the season there. He's improved his skating this year and is having a breakout year offensively. Let him go back and dominate this year and take Oshawa on a playoff run. It would also prevent burning a year of his entry level contract in the shortened season.

Next fall he'll come in full of confidence and be ready to make the big squad. Likely going to be a very solid third line center for us in years to come.

Kutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:55 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutter View Post
Jenner would be much better served going back to Oshawa and finish the season there. He's improved his skating this year and is having a breakout year offensively. Let him go back and dominate this year and take Oshawa on a playoff run. It would also prevent burning a year of his entry level contract in the shortened season.

Next fall he'll come in full of confidence and be ready to make the big squad. Likely going to be a very solid third line center for us in years to come.
I had to ask, frankly, your club is beginning to scare me. When I look at the Jackets I see the Preds of 3-4 years ago. (Minus the goalie)

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:03 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Expect No, but would I be surprised it he did? No.

1857 Howitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:20 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Any top line with Brassard centering should be extremely suspect, Brassard is the one player on this team I'd pencil in "TBD" next to him. I doubt you traded Rick Nash for what Portzline is pontificating is a second and third liner here in Columbus plus an "outside shot this season" defenseman.
Um,I think that is exactly what we did. Maye not on the Jackets but on any team with a solid top 6 Dubinsky/Arnisimov would probably be one 2nd & one third or two thirds. Hopefully they will produce for the Jackets but to think those guys have earned 1st line status is wishful thinking.
I think the trade was made to give the Jackets two pretty solid, gritty type players, a very promising D man and a #1 pick.

EspenK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:46 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

@reporterschris "NHL training camps expected to open Sunday, according to Bill Daly"

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 01-08-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old
01-08-2013, 02:11 PM
blahblah

Quote:
@reportershris "NHL training camps expected to open Sunday, according to Bill Daly"
A little more detail.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413064

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Le grr. Saturday was the only day I'd be able to attend.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 06:57 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

“@Aportzline: #CBJ players will start practicing at 10 a.m. in the days leading up to camp, an hour earlier than last two days.”

Old
01-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

I don't want to say this lockout went on reeeeally long or anything, but...

Jackets camp reporting date: January 13
Crew camp reporting date: January 17
http://www.thecrew.com/news/2012/12/...hedule-details

At least they're beating the Clips to camp by about a month...

Jackets Woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:34 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Um,I think that is exactly what we did. Maye not on the Jackets but on any team with a solid top 6 Dubinsky/Arnisimov would probably be one 2nd & one third or two thirds. Hopefully they will produce for the Jackets but to think those guys have earned 1st line status is wishful thinking.
I think the trade was made to give the Jackets two pretty solid, gritty type players, a very promising D man and a #1 pick.
I meant on the Jackets..... On better teams, those guys are definitely "tweeners" between the second and third lines.

My point was more that Brassard skating on the top line at center is something that likely isn't going to last with much more experienced and "battle tested" guys now on the roster. The days of shoving pegs into holes because, potentially, thats where they should fit, should be over.

I agree with Fox, both Mason and Brassard don't seem to fit the "reshape" mentality, thus far.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
banshee72
Rookie User

According to Detroit press the Wings are going to open up at St Louis on the 19th and will be at Nationwide arena on the 21st. Has anything leaked about the CBJ and the first few dates yet?

banshee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:07 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Nothing yet. I have been checking my online account to see if tickets have been added.

Old
01-09-2013, 03:11 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
I had to ask, frankly, your club is beginning to scare me. When I look at the Jackets I see the Preds of 3-4 years ago. (Minus the goalie)
In all honesty i'm not exactly worried about goaltending, this will be masons make or break year, all this "hardcore" training he did over the extended offseason hopefully will show. But if not thats why we have bobrovsky and if within the next 2 years he cant prove him self we have Anton Forsberg whose having a stellar season, Korpisalo who is having a excellent season overseas as well. And lets not forget about Our boy Oscar Dansk who is getting lit up every game and still maintaining a +.900 Sv% So goaltending and defense i feel are our strong suits to be honest. And most people really dont know it if they dont follow the jackets.

Quote:
Expect No, but would I be surprised it he did? No.
Thats how I feel. JD is really high up on that kid. Hopefully JAM and CAM can make a impact this season. I would love to see JAM and CAM both make the top 6. Although realistically i only see CAM making the top 6.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 03:57 PM
BlueJacketBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutter View Post

As stated above, can't see burning a year on a 48 game season. Not likely to stick with the big club this year.

BlueJacketBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 04:59 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

“@masslivesports: Springfield Falcons sign veteran defenseman Bryan Helmer:
The Falcons will lose five or six players to t... http://www.masslive.com/sports/index...ce=twitterfeed "

Old
01-09-2013, 05:17 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Was able to go down to the Ice Haus to watch Jackets practice this morning. Nothing special. Umby ran some drills ending with a half ice scrimmage kind of like a half court basketball scrimmage.

Umby, Brass, Dorsett, DMac, Foligno, Gillies, Boll, Wiz, JJ, Aucoin, Mase.

Guys were upbeat and looked happy to be on the ice. No coaches since camp hasn't officially started. For the most part guys looked in pretty good shape. There was some good crisp passes, while there was some rust also. Hockey at the pro level is back! Mase looked pretty good. Guys weren't exactly shelling him. He made some nice saves during the shootout drill.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:28 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

@Aportzine #CBJ D Fedor Tyutin flew from Russia to Toronto, is expected to drive to Columbus either today or Friday.

@Aportzine #CBJ F Artem Anisimov and G Sergei Bobrovsky are expected to arrive in North America today, D Nikita Nikitin on Friday.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:50 PM
bizzz

From the SKA general manager Alexei Kasatonov's interview:

"- Why Sergei Bobrovsky and Vladimir Tarasenko left the the team immediately, while Kovalchuk is in no hurry to pack his bags?

- Personal motives. Ilya is keen to finish this season in the KHL. Tarasenko and Bobrovsky were saying that an NHL career is more important for them from the beginning".

bizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
From the SKA general manager Alexei Kasatonov's interview:

"- Why Sergei Bobrovsky and Vladimir Tarasenko left the the team immediately, while Kovalchuk is in no hurry to pack his bags?

- Personal motives. Ilya is keen to finish this season in the KHL. Tarasenko and Bobrovsky were saying that an NHL career is more important for them from the beginning".
Being in the PHI area, I have watched a good amount of Flyers games. Something that everyone said is Bob's desire to be a great goalie in the NHL. They also said hes one of the most hard working players on the team. Guy has unreal flexibility, hes going to thrive when he gets a real chance at number 1.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote