HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predictions for Iginla In This Shortened Season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 05:09 PM
  #51
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
~70 in 48 is Jagr-esque. I think, even for blind optimism, that's a little too much to expect from Cammalleri.
Haha, forgot about the shortened season

Lets say 45~ then.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:30 PM
  #52
Beats By CoRD
RIP Octopi
 
Beats By CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: @HawnzDynasty
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,085
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Haha, forgot about the shortened season


Is that even possible??

__________________

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:39 PM
  #53
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post


Is that even possible??
I live in fantasy land. Expect me to do this again at some point. I am in level 10 denial over this lockout.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
  #54
Ace Rimmer
Moderator
What a guy!
 
Ace Rimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mimas Test Facility
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 9,732
vCash: 27799
Sounds like we'll get a chance to hear what the Flames' plans for Iginla are sometime next week.

Quote:
“We determined internally the first day of camp we’re going to address that right off the hop and ask Jarome to do the same,” said Flames GM Jay Feaster of his captain who has just one year left on his five-year, US$35-million contract.

“We want to make sure everybody (in the media) is there, address it all at that time, and then neither party will talk about it again. Will that stop questions in Detroit and Colorado about it? No, but in saying that, it gives Jarome the ability to say he’s sorry but he already addressed it and won’t talk about it.”
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/01/1...g-iggys-future

Ace Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:41 PM
  #55
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Sounds like we'll get a chance to hear what the Flames' plans for Iginla are sometime next week.



http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/01/1...g-iggys-future
Thats all good and well, but doesn't his plan predicate how well the Flames are doing? I mean if they really crash out of the gate...I can't see Feaster keeping the team together.

So, unless he gets signed to an extension we should probably trade him if we end up sucking.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:45 PM
  #56
FlamesFreak4
PLOFFS BABY
 
FlamesFreak4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 763
vCash: 8454
Scott Cullen released his top 300 point predictions.
His prediction for Iginla?

48GP 19G 20A 39PTS -3(+/-) 26PIM 13PPP


Note: for those hoping/dreaming of Iginla continuing his streak of 30g /season, the only player Cullen predicts hitting 30+goals is Stamkos at 32.

FlamesFreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
  #57
Ace Rimmer
Moderator
What a guy!
 
Ace Rimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mimas Test Facility
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 9,732
vCash: 27799
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Thats all good and well, but doesn't his plan predicate how well the Flames are doing? I mean if they really crash out of the gate...I can't see Feaster keeping the team together.

So, unless he gets signed to an extension we should probably trade him if we end up sucking.
It should, but I think a press conference would be a waste of time unless they plan on announcing something significant. Like a contract extension.

Ace Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
  #58
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
It should, but I think a press conference would be a waste of time unless they plan on announcing something significant. Like a contract extension.
Good point, hopefully thats what it is then.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:51 PM
  #59
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFreak4 View Post
Scott Cullen released his top 300 point predictions.
His prediction for Iginla?

48GP 19G 20A 39PTS -3(+/-) 26PIM 13PPP


Note: for those hoping/dreaming of Iginla continuing his streak of 30g /season, the only player Cullen predicts hitting 30+goals is Stamkos at 32.
In honesty this is probably about right. Although, with a smaller sample size (48) you only have to get hot a couple times to put up skewed goal totals. I have a feeling a couple players will hit it.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:52 PM
  #60
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,406
vCash: 2403
As I said earlier, I think if his linemates are healthy that he will just barely crack 20 (21). We will see though.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:20 PM
  #61
Beats By CoRD
RIP Octopi
 
Beats By CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: @HawnzDynasty
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,085
vCash: 50
Iginla not at practice. Precautionary measure with a tight groin. Not a good start... at all.

Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:46 PM
  #62
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone
 
CGYPUKSUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hockey Purgatory
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 500
Them old guys! Looks like a slow start is in order. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 02:12 PM
  #63
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Iginla not at practice. Precautionary measure with a tight groin. Not a good start... at all.
It seems like he takes every training camp off. Yet Iginla plays 82 games each year, so he knows what he's doing. He does train hard each off season.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:54 PM
  #64
JustChatting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
I'm going out on a limb and saying that Iggy doesn't do so hot.

15g 17a for 32 points. I just don't see him doing that well. He didn't play overseas, and he normally doesn't do well in the beginning of a season. Who cares if it's a different month than Oct/Nov, it's still the start of the season.
I agree. That includes him getting 6 points in the last week or so when the Flames are already out of the playoffs.

JustChatting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:20 PM
  #65
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,994
vCash: 500
So much pessimism, damn. What's the definition of a person who claims to favour a single sports team but doesn't actually want to see them win?

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:12 PM
  #66
Ace Rimmer
Moderator
What a guy!
 
Ace Rimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mimas Test Facility
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 9,732
vCash: 27799
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
So much pessimism, damn. What's the definition of a person who claims to favour a single sports team but doesn't actually want to see them win?
Oiler fan?


Ace Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 01:41 AM
  #67
MCDAVIDISH
Registered User
 
MCDAVIDISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Oiler fan?

Haha that hits deep man.

MCDAVIDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 02:26 AM
  #68
JustChatting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
So much pessimism, damn. What's the definition of a person who claims to favour a single sports team but doesn't actually want to see them win?
I think you are confusing somebody giving a prediction of results with saying they don't want the team to win.

JustChatting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:18 AM
  #69
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,225
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Oiler fan?

Beat me to it, I was going to say a Leafs fan

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:48 AM
  #70
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone
 
CGYPUKSUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hockey Purgatory
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
So much pessimism, damn. What's the definition of a person who claims to favour a single sports team but doesn't actually want to see them win?
So because someone says they feel the team is going to suffer as a result of "X" they are really secretly hoping the team doesn't win?



You know, you can watch The Usual Suspects a thousand times and Spacey is going to be Kaiser Soze regardless of how badly you want the script to change.

We've seen this script before, and it has resulted in the same outcomes, so I don't think it is unreasonable to expect another similar outcome. Pointing that out does not make you less of a fan or mean you are hoping for the team to lose. I actually think it points to someone being a more committed fan, recognizing the problems and still sticking with the team through thick and thin.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 03:51 PM
  #71
Beats By CoRD
RIP Octopi
 
Beats By CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: @HawnzDynasty
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,085
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
So because someone says they feel the team is going to suffer as a result of "X" they are really secretly hoping the team doesn't win?



You know, you can watch The Usual Suspects a thousand times and Spacey is going to be Kaiser Soze regardless of how badly you want the script to change.

We've seen this script before, and it has resulted in the same outcomes, so I don't think it is unreasonable to expect another similar outcome. Pointing that out does not make you less of a fan or mean you are hoping for the team to lose. I actually think it points to someone being a more committed fan, recognizing the problems and still sticking with the team through thick and thin.
Agreed.

Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.