HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part V)

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Old MSG 79 49.07%
New MSG 82 50.93%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 09:10 PM
RangerFanInJersey

vCash: 500
Can't wait to see it live with some ice on the floor!

Old
01-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

[QUOTE=trueblue9441;57181533]where the bridges will start

The bridges will start at the end of the west balcony, and run straight across connecting to the other side.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:06 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
The bridges will start at the end of the west balcony, and run straight across connecting to the other side.
that wasn't a question

Old
01-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
that wasn't a question
lmao sorry, i didnt even realize.

I have one though for anybody to answer....how many seats are in each row. Idk why but i was moved over 2 sections, im in the blue seats. Im now seats 16,17...am I the 2 aisle seats now?

Old
01-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Dangleberry

Can't wait to see all the renovation work. Where exactly is Gretzky's jersey and Richter's helmet located?

Old
01-11-2013, 01:58 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
richters helmet from game 7 vs NJD
That is definitely NOT the same cage that Richter had on the mask he wore for the conference finals/finals.

It actually might not even be the same mask. Judging from the cage. I would have to see the side of it where it says 'Rangers' but right off the bat, if that is being advertised as the mask from game 7, it most definitely is not.

I am a Richter expert when it comes to him and his gear.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Crease

Good eye. That cage is definitely not the same. Might be the old shell with a refurbished cage. That being said, teams often advertise replicas as the real thing for these types of showcases.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:06 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Good eye. That cage is definitely not the same. Might be the old shell with a refurbished cage. That being said, teams often advertise replicas as the real thing for these types of showcases.
Actually, just looked at footage. There are two major paint chips on the liberty face, which are not there at all during the Devils series, especially Game 7. They weren't even there for Game 5. I would have to see the font/style of the 'RANGERS' on the side of the mask, but I would bet money that mask shown is not the game worn one that its supposedly being advertised as.

Why advertise a replica as the real thing? That totally devalues the entire museum aspect of this memorabilia.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Actually, just looked at footage. There are two major paint chips on the liberty face, which are not there at all during the Devils series, especially Game 7. They weren't even there for Game 5. I would have to see the font/style of the 'RANGERS' on the side of the mask, but I would bet money that mask shown is not the game worn one that its supposedly being advertised as.

Why advertise a replica as the real thing? That totally devalues the entire museum aspect of this memorabilia.
Well the chips don't really tell us anything. Richter could have wore that shell in Game 7 as well as in subsequent seasons, where it got dinged up. Back in that day, there was a lot less equipment turnover. Between seasons equipment managers would replace the padding inside the shell, replace the cage if needed, have the paint job touched up and be done with it.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:20 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Well the chips don't really tell us anything. Richter could have wore that shell in Game 7 as well as in subsequent seasons, where it got dinged up. Back in that day, there was a lot less equipment turnover. Equipment managers would replace the padding inside the shell, replace the cage if needed, touch up the paint and be done with it.
The sides of the mask will tell the true story. The lettering of the 'RANGERS' on the side. But those straps on the top are much too long, and Mike never wore a double bar cat eye cage, only a single. I will confirm next week when im at the garden!

Old
01-11-2013, 02:20 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
The sides of the mask will tell the true story. The lettering of the 'RANGERS' on the side. But those straps on the top are much too long, and Mike never wore a double bar cat eye cage, only a single. I will confirm next week when im at the garden!
Sounds good. Let us know.

Old
01-11-2013, 02:51 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
lmao sorry, i didnt even realize.

I have one though for anybody to answer....how many seats are in each row. Idk why but i was moved over 2 sections, im in the blue seats. Im now seats 16,17...am I the 2 aisle seats now?
if your in 417 i believe its 20 per row i just counted on the virtual seating chart

Old
01-12-2013, 12:48 PM
SwedeAmerican

What do people who have already been to the renovated Garden feel the atmosphere will be compared to the pre-renovated garden in terms of noise/overall atmosphere for hockey?

Old
01-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeAmerican View Post
What do people who have already been to the renovated Garden feel the atmosphere will be compared to the pre-renovated garden in terms of noise/overall atmosphere for hockey?
The same.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

What's the bathroom situation like now? When I go to games at the Garden I sit in what used to be Section 425.... With the abysmal bathroom situation that existed in the 400's I would walk across the arena to the opposite tower and walk down a level and use the large bathroom that was at the dead end of the concourse there. Always in and out real fast as there was really never a line except during intermissions.

I'm sure the bathroom situation will be a little bit improved now with the renovation but if there are still going to be lines when the periods are in progress, I can't risk missing the game to wait to use the bathroom....

Need feedback from people who have been to the Garden since the renovation.... Thanks.

Old
01-12-2013, 08:34 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
What's the bathroom situation like now? When I go to games at the Garden I sit in what used to be Section 425.... With the abysmal bathroom situation that existed in the 400's I would walk across the arena to the opposite tower and walk down a level and use the large bathroom that was at the dead end of the concourse there. Always in and out real fast as there was really never a line except during intermissions.

I'm sure the bathroom situation will be a little bit improved now with the renovation but if there are still going to be lines when the periods are in progress, I can't risk missing the game to wait to use the bathroom....

Need feedback from people who have been to the Garden since the renovation.... Thanks.
pretty sure theres 3 mens rooms on our side of the ice (bench side) they are smaller though

Old
01-13-2013, 10:04 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeAmerican View Post
Higher ticket prices are usually not a good recipe for good atmosphere..... MSG IV.V remains to be seen.....

Old
01-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Higher ticket prices are usually not a good recipe for good atmosphere..... MSG IV.V remains to be seen.....
That is why the lower bowl has been like a morgue the last few seasons when it is not a big game. The upper bowl still has mainly real fans and with the short season the games should have some more intensity.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
if your in 417 i believe its 20 per row i just counted on the virtual seating chart
Oh alright

Old
01-15-2013, 11:52 PM
jmatch
Rookie User

obstructed views?

does anyone know if the new blue 400-level seats have obstructed views of the ice? those are probably the only seats in my price range for some of the marquee games i'm trying to get to. trying to decide if it's worth it. if i can see the whole ice it certainly will be.

any info related to this will be a huge help. for example:

any of the 7 rows that should definitely be avoided?
certain sections better than others?
if there are obstructed views what is obstructing them?

appreciate it guys

Old
01-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatch View Post
does anyone know if the new blue 400-level seats have obstructed views of the ice? those are probably the only seats in my price range for some of the marquee games i'm trying to get to. trying to decide if it's worth it. if i can see the whole ice it certainly will be.

appreciate it guys
The first four rows have no obstruction. The 5th row is a little sketchy (you won't be able to stand up and see opposite goal). Rows 6 and 7 are Obstructued and actually sold at a discounted price. They do have TVs mounted right above your head.

At least that is how it was last year. I believe all they did was add new seats in what remains of the 400's, so that should be the same this year.

I bought those obstructed views for a game last year and wound up standing in the west Balcony and watching. Opening night or playoff game that might be tough to do, but any other game there is usually some room to squeeze your way into an area to stand and watch the game.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatch View Post

appreciate it guys
If you can get the 400 Level first four rows they are still a real good value.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:31 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
If you can get the 400 Level first four rows they are still a real good value.
Section 414 row 6 is still $55 plus a $15 r@pe fee.....

Old
01-17-2013, 12:47 AM
DevilsTilIDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
The first four rows have no obstruction. The 5th row is a little sketchy (you won't be able to stand up and see opposite goal). Rows 6 and 7 are Obstructued and actually sold at a discounted price. They do have TVs mounted right above your head.

At least that is how it was last year. I believe all they did was add new seats in what remains of the 400's, so that should be the same this year.

I bought those obstructed views for a game last year and wound up standing in the west Balcony and watching. Opening night or playoff game that might be tough to do, but any other game there is usually some room to squeeze your way into an area to stand and watch the game.

Took my girlfriend and her mother to opening night last year (mind you for their birthday), sat up in the 400s in like.. 7? Totally obstructed view, didn't see the garden vision, nor the goal. I complained to one of the guys in the suits, and explained I dropped 370 on 3 tickets for their BIRTHDAYS, and he upgraded us to a SUITE! With free food and booze!
I hope they somehow fixed the obstructions or something this year.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:50 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsTilIDie View Post
Took my girlfriend and her mother to opening night last year (mind you for their birthday), sat up in the 400s in like.. 7? Totally obstructed view, didn't see the garden vision, nor the goal. I complained to one of the guys in the suits, and explained I dropped 370 on 3 tickets for their BIRTHDAYS, and he upgraded us to a SUITE! With free food and booze!
I hope they somehow fixed the obstructions or something this year.
This year such tickets are clearly labelled as obstructed, so there's no excuse and they won't be handing out any extra perks

Closed Thread