HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 12:21 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Never mind just found out

torn knee cartiledge,2nd time he has suffered a bad knee injury playing for Team USA

Old
01-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Ottomatic

What is reasoning for Niagara to help us out by trading for a second rounder this year to then convey over to us rather than London's 2014 second we'd otherwise have had?

Is it their choice to send us the pick, or is it ours for sure? Because Sarnia's second rounder this year should be much better than London's second rounder next year especially if Galchenyuk sticks with Montreal, on top of Connor Murphy being out for the season with the bum knee.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
aresknights

I gotta think it was in spits deal. I think theyd (spits) want that pick in 13 rather than 14 regardless of positioning.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Mark Edwards ‏@MarkEdwardsHP

Unconfirmed but heard from a couple sources that U of Michigan might be losing a player to the #OHL @paivatheway
Dissueippe (sp?) or Trouba to Kitchener??

Old
01-10-2013, 12:46 PM
OHLTG

Take this how you may...

Twitter reporting unconfirmed rumours that a UM player is coming to the OHL.

Wonder if DiGiuseppe...?

Old
01-10-2013, 12:46 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Dissueippe (sp?) or Trouba to Kitchener??
Trouba just tweeted being in psych class with 700 people. If he was planning on leaving I doubt he would be in psych class today.

Old
01-10-2013, 12:51 PM
aresknights

Does it get even better for the Spits?

Old
01-10-2013, 12:51 PM
hockeylegend11

Analysis of the West after trade deadline
London-underwhelming performance by Hunter surprisingly,appears to have confidence in his group,young and talented,better hope Domi and Griffith dont get hurt,better yet rookie Patterson,with another rookie backing him up,dicey I would kept Baille to part of a trio
Sarnia- did zilch,lost toughness dealing Dundas,could be the softest team in the west along with Erie now that Mcguire is gone,losing Murphy really hurts,how bad is Anderson injury,what if gally sticks with Montreal,if I so I predict a precipitous drop for the Sting
Owen Sd- got better talent wise with Ceci,Janes and the return of Gavrus,gave up some youth and snarl,coaching problems,have lost 4 in a row?
Kitchener- got alot better on the offense with Leivo,Corrado and Schoenmakers,not wild about their defence and the ability to shut down other teams best a bit soft ,no Cody Sol
Guelph- did not keep up with teams ahead or behind,Posa will help,Nishi ?,young team,questions about discipline
Plymouth- added scoring did not need as much as def and goaltending,this team not built for playoffs,will beat teams 6-5 in reg season but in playoffs I predict an early exit
SSM- did zilch ,their best move was changing coaches,might or might not hang on to spot
should be an earrly exit if they do
Saginaw- gave up Trochek did not get much for him in my view,may pay for it,leads Windsor and Erie by 7 pts but both have games in hand on the Spirit,nice young team who competes for Gilbert,wont be easy catch them but without Trochek much better chance
Windsor- People were clamoring for change,rightfully so and got it,picked up 3-4 impact full players without giving the store away,depth a problem especially after top 8 forwards,4 or 5 d which makes me wonder about Posa deal curious,they need to jell quickly treat each game from here on in as a playoff game,which should make them dangerous if they get in because of their new found attitude/approach
Erie-deal little to improve team,if anything got softer dealing Mcguire,their best move was prior to deadline was coaching change too like SSM,not sure if they have enough tallent to get in,especially o D and bottom 6 forwards,good coach though a tteam to watch

Feel free to critcize at will,praise would be better

Old
01-10-2013, 12:54 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Take this how you may...

Wonder if DiGiuseppe...?
Interesting,maybe my theories working out re DeGuisseppe;sign with jr b team not headed for playoffs,sign with Windsor too,play the 9 games and then suit up when b team season is over

Old
01-10-2013, 12:55 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Trouba just tweeted being in psych class with 700 people. If he was planning on leaving I doubt he would be in psych class today.
Maybe he was getting physched up to leave lol

Old
01-10-2013, 01:01 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Take this how you may...

Wonder if DiGiuseppe...?
Edwards did coach DiGiuseppe at one time.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:04 PM
SpItFiReZ

Gibson to Ana training camp. Make the team John!

Old
01-10-2013, 01:04 PM
RayzorIsDull

Keep in mind Edwards tweeted Manny Paiva broadcaster for the Attack and Michigan has a Owen Sound pick on the roster in Daniel Milne.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:08 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Keep in mind Edwards tweeted Manny Paiva broadcaster for the Attack and Michigan has a Owen Sound pick on the roster in Daniel Milne.
Good pt,he is a 94 born forward from Unionville Ont who put good numbers for the St Michaels Buzzers last yr,and 7 games with U Of W he is pointless

Old
01-10-2013, 01:09 PM
RayzorIsDull

Edwards said not DiGiuseppe.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:11 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Analysis of the West after trade deadline
London-underwhelming performance by Hunter surprisingly,appears to have confidence in his group,young and talented,better hope Domi and Griffith dont get hurt,better yet rookie Patterson,with another rookie backing him up,dicey I would kept Baille to part of a trio
Sarnia- did zilch,lost toughness dealing Dundas,could be the softest team in the west along with Erie now that Mcguire is gone,losing Murphy really hurts,how bad is Anderson injury,what if gally sticks with Montreal,if I so I predict a precipitous drop for the Sting
Owen Sd- got better talent wise with Ceci,Janes and the return of Gavrus,gave up some youth and snarl,coaching problems,have lost 4 in a row?
Kitchener- got alot better on the offense with Leivo,Corrado and Schoenmakers,not wild about their defence and the ability to shut down other teams best a bit soft ,no Cody Sol
Guelph- did not keep up with teams ahead or behind,Posa will help,Nishi ?,young team,questions about discipline
Plymouth- added scoring did not need as much as def and goaltending,this team not built for playoffs,will beat teams 6-5 in reg season but in playoffs I predict an early exit
SSM- did zilch ,their best move was changing coaches,might or might not hang on to spot
should be an earrly exit if they do
Saginaw- gave up Trochek did not get much for him in my view,may pay for it,leads Windsor and Erie by 7 pts but both have games in hand on the Spirit,nice young team who competes for Gilbert,wont be easy catch them but without Trochek much better chance
Windsor- People were clamoring for change,rightfully so and got it,picked up 3-4 impact full players without giving the store away,depth a problem especially after top 8 forwards,4 or 5 d which makes me wonder about Posa deal curious,they need to jell quickly treat each game from here on in as a playoff game,which should make them dangerous if they get in because of their new found attitude/approach
Erie-deal little to improve team,if anything got softer dealing Mcguire,their best move was prior to deadline was coaching change too like SSM,not sure if they have enough tallent to get in,especially o D and bottom 6 forwards,good coach though a tteam to watch

Feel free to critcize at will,praise would be better
Sting fan here,no critizism here
Luckily we are 17 points ahead of Erie and Windsor so we MIGHT be able to make the playoffs,Tough games ahead for sure,27 games remaining,3 London,2 Owen Sound,2 Sag,2 Erie,2 SSM and the rest tough teams.Murphy now gone,Gali who knows,toughness gone with Dundas,If we get to the playoffs,just give us London and put us out of our misery.Good post

Old
01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Acad

Quote:
Take this how you may...

Wonder if DiGiuseppe...?
Trouba please!!!!!!!!

Old
01-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Edwards said not DiGiuseppe.
Obviously not...the guy is not going to sign a B card and he wont want to play any time in a Juniour B league...

Old
01-10-2013, 01:30 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Who would have guessed the Spits add more quality thru trades than the Knights would?

Good job by Spits staff moving forward
I love the spit fans as I watch WR& Boogie go from Hemorroids to a heros in 2days lol.Lots of good conversation on here and you guys are compassionate about your team.Good trades and pickups in my opinion.Good Luck

Old
01-10-2013, 01:51 PM
Petes96

You're welcome! good luck with Koekkoek's attitude.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
Was his attitude related to the fact the Peterborough organization is the drizzling ***** lately? I'd be more concerned if it was just him - but you know and I know that's not the case.

I like Michael Clarke and hope he does well with the Petes. He could be captain material if he embraces the franchise despite it's current troubles. I'd bet he'll be with you through an OA season - so you should get two and a half seasons out of what could be your top line center right now, though his upside is more of a two-way second line center.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
His attitude is because he was playing for a rock bottom franchise like the Pete's I mean terable team management I'm sure if he did have an attitude it will be all good and well here in the rose city.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
I love the spit fans as I watch WR& Boogie go from Hemorroids to a heros in 2days lol.Lots of good conversation on here and you guys are compassionate about your team.Good trades and pickups in my opinion.Good Luck
Warren did good, now it's Boughner's turn to get at it and develop the boys on the ice.

Given we have an OA spot open, Rychel's A-Card mismanagement during the year likely saved us from another Carrick type deal.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
His attitude is because he was playing for a rock bottom franchise like the Pete's I mean terable team management I'm sure if he did have an attitude it will be all good and well here in the rose city.
No his attitude was self absorbed and brought the entire team down. Constantly talking about being a 10th overall pick. Never took his man in front of the next just stood there. Skates around the outside with the puck on the power play and does nothing but hit the goalie in the belly pad. Was not a good team mate to the young players. Forgot he was once there.

His attitude brought down the whole room. To be honest this will be the best thing for the team to have him gone. Don't get me wrong he has potential under good coaching but talk to me this time next year and tell me your thoughts.

Tell him to stay off twitter he has no class

Old
01-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Libbs

Been told that Khokhlachev will be given the C.

Closed Thread