HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

2013 "preparation" camp, shortened schedule, etc.

Old
01-09-2013, 06:29 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
2013 "preparation" camp, shortened schedule, etc.

Still waiting on player ratification (Fri/Sat) before the "official" camp schedule would be released.

Guessing camp would open Sunday (with medicals), with on ice stuff perhaps starting Monday.

As for the season schedule? Late Saturday/Sunday for that. (And within days national/local TV)

But....

PollakOnSharks 4:24pm via Web First hint of where #sjsharks might open and when: In Calgary on 1/20. Still very tentative.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 08:13 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/sharks/...s-hockey-hunk/

Hearing home opener 1/24, so probably another 1/22 road game.

Pollak notes that 1/20 game would be on the same time as NFC championship, should 49ers advance.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:41 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

KKurzCSN 8:15am via Twitter for iPhone According to @JSportsnet #SJSharks visit Edmonton on 1/21 after game in Calgary on 1/20.

Maybe home opener will be 1/23?

Old
01-10-2013, 11:59 AM
sjshrky27

Back to back opening games in Canada.

Not happy about this.

Would not be suprised if the Sharks go 0-2

Last edited by sjshrky27: 01-10-2013 at 12:42 PM.
sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:19 PM
nabbyfan

Sucks to see the Sharks are the odd man out on opening night from the information that is out there now, but at least its only a day wait! Getting the Western Canada road trip done right away may be a good thing, too.

nabbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
I'm happy the sharks first game isn't the same day as the 49ers. But there hasn't been an exciting SJS vs Calgary game since the 2008 playoffs.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:13 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt Macklin View Post
I'm happy the sharks first game isn't the same day as the 49ers. But there hasn't been an exciting SJS vs Calgary game since the 2008 playoffs.
The first game of a season almost lost isn't enough excitement for you?

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitbtw View Post
The first game of a season almost lost isn't enough excitement for you?
Everyone's hype now but once the slow grindfest game against Calgary starts everyone is gonna be complaining about how boring it is.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:04 PM
USF Shark
Zôion politikòn

I'm excited for hockey! I hope they visit DC!

Old
01-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
I'm excited for hockey! I hope they visit DC!
Not likely given the rumored schedule is all in conference..

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
sjshrky27

The next ten days already feel like a thousand.

This is way worse then the 113 days of the lockout by far.

Cannot wait till the 20th. Hurry up already

Old
01-10-2013, 04:20 PM
MechaMarleau
Vertebraeker

As boring as a Calgary opener may be, I think it will test who's in NHL shape and who's been taking easy and ignoring some parts of their training. Not focusing on the defensive fundamentals. And to get a gauge of who's fast and who's losing their step.

If this team can't win the grinding games, there aren't many wins you can drop otherwise and get a good playoff seed.

MechaMarleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:09 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

There has been a Shark player/connection every day this week on Chronicle Live. Tonight: Burish. Tomorrow: McLellan and DW

(Check CSN website or Kurz' twitter feed for links to past interviews.)

Old
01-10-2013, 05:30 PM
sjshrky27

So, anyone know what Marleau did over the lockout?
Did he play anywhere?

Old
01-10-2013, 05:32 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
Did he play anywhere?
Babysitting and dog walking?

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:34 PM
sjshrky27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Babysitting and dog walking?
I was going to say watching Oprah and baking cookies, but I dont want to get attacked by the Marleau lovers.

Last edited by sjshrky27: 01-11-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old
01-10-2013, 05:38 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Did he play anywhere?
Skated 4x/week @ Sharks Ice (drills, scrimmages)

Old
01-10-2013, 05:45 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Skated 4x/week @ Sharks Ice (drills, scrimmages)
He also went to a couple of 'training camps' with a bunch of other NHLers. I'm definitely not concerned about Marleau's fitness.

stalockrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:46 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
I was going to say watching Opra and baking cookies, but I dont want to get attacked by the Marleau lovers.
People still like marleau?

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:49 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Drop the puck! Pump up the volume!

Old
01-11-2013, 02:40 AM
Lebanezer

Quote:
I was going to say watching Opra and baking cookies, but I dont want to get attacked by the Marleau lovers.
Well I bet you never expected to get attacked by the OPERA LOVERS! What's that comment supposed to mean? Would he have been frittering away his time if he'd been taking in Der Fliegende Holländer? I think not! You can get a workout in and enjoy some Tosca in the same day you know, it's been done. Heck, if you have a DVD player in you home gym you can handle your plyometric training whilst enjoying the incredible 1955 Furtwängler Don Giovanni with Cesare Siepi (best Giovanni ever); some of us know this sir or madam.

Baking cookies would be a waste tho, it's called a bakery Patrick, let the experts handle it, they've got your patented "Marleau's Magical Minty Macaroons" bested my friend. In fact, pump some money into the local businesses you've crippled with your lockout Mr. Marleau. You evil 1%er, with your millions of bonds and treasury notes, sitting on a pile of homemade cookies made with decadent Godiva chocolate chips and "organic" walnuts while the rest of us choke down chalky Famous Amos's in the undersized economy vending machine bags, you've ruined America Marleau, ruined it. ***** it, I'm not going to work tomorrow!

Wait, did you mean Opera or Oprah? Which letter did you omit - e or h? Do you see what fruits the lackadaisical spelling habits of the Internet generation doth bear? Anguish, needless anger, bitter tears. Unless you meant opera, and the afore discourse would rightly stand.

Last edited by Lebanezer: 01-11-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:09 AM
Dicdonya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Well I bet you never expected to get attacked by the OPERA LOVERS! What's that comment supposed to mean? Would he have been frittering away his time if he'd been taking in Der Fliegende Holländer? I think not! You can get a workout in and enjoy some Tosca in the same day you know, it's been done. Heck, if you have a DVD player in you home gym you can handle your plyometric training whilst enjoying the incredible 1955 Furtwängler Don Giovanni with Cesare Siepi (best Giovanni ever); some of us know this sir or madam.

Baking cookies would be a waste tho, it's called a bakery Patrick, let the experts handle it, they've got your patented "Marleau's Magical Minty Macaroons" bested my friend. In fact, pump some money into the local businesses you've crippled with your lockout Mr. Marleau. You evil 1%er, with your millions of bonds and treasury notes, sitting on a pile of homemade cookies made with decadent Godiva chocolate chips and "organic" walnuts while the rest of us choke down chalky Famous Amos's in the undersized economy vending machine bags, you've ruined America Marleau, ruined it. ***** it, I'm not going to work tomorrow!

Wait, did you mean Opera or Oprah? Which letter did you omit - e or h? Do you see what fruits the lackadaisical spelling habits of the Internet generation doth bear? Anguish, needless anger, bitter tears. Unless you meant opera, and the afore discourse would rightly stand.
bwahhahaha I absolutely loved this, amazing good sir, amazing.

Dicdonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:17 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Whoa whoa whoa. Famous Amos is the best.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 03:49 AM
Lebanezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Whoa whoa whoa. Famous Amos is the best.
Don't misunderstand, I would never impune upon the cookies of the people, the back bone of this great nation - famous Amos is an institution. But seriously, I've never had a bag that wasn't laden with a squadron of crumbs prepared to dry out your mouth as you pour the mother load down your gullet as all true, red-blooded Americans do. The bag should say "Bonus mashed cookie inside!" Why can't they transport these cookies without triggering an inevitable cookie explosion in each bag? Are they Leper cookies, shedding parts? Is that oddly shaped, rounded, final cookie - seeming held together by one chip and a host of Wiccan spells - infected? I'm serious, I've gotten bags where the cookies look like they were sand blasted by their departed brothers. Is the final step before transport to kick them down the Lotse face on the south side of Everest and THEN ship them? Marleau doesn't have to deal with this, only we, the proletariat understand the bag that doth rattle too much for one bearing but 5 bites. I doubt Marleau's ever seen a crumb, except those he sprinkles over the vagrants who work for him. But yeah, I'm not trashing the Amos, just maybe fill the bags with cotton balls or something, I want my damn cookies in tact please.

Last edited by Lebanezer: 01-11-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:15 AM
sjshrky27

Quote:

Edit: fixed my gross spelling error. Embarrassing...(FYI-Believe it or not, I do know how to spell for the most part). Just need to proofread more

Excellent rebuttal sir. Well played

Last edited by sjshrky27: 01-11-2013 at 08:22 AM.