HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Schedule Thread (Released: Opener in Boston 1/19)

Old
01-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RothmanHockey View Post
No, that would not be possible.

If the Knicks play at noon, the Rangers typically don't play until 7.

I've gotten to the building at 4:30pm after a Knicks game ended at 2:30, and they were still picking up the insulation under the basketball court. Usually, they're wrapped up with the switchover by 5:30 -- They usually need three hours for the switchover before the gates open. That gives them a 30-minute buffer before the gates open, and a 60-minute buffer before the pregame warmups begin at 6:30.

As for the possible Penguins game on the 20th, I don't have that confirmed, but I'd think it would be at night. NBCSN usually does a Sunday night game, so you'd think Pens/Rangers (if that's the game) would be the NBCSN game. They do have a timeslot in their schedule listed at "TBD" for Sunday Jan. 20 from 7pm - 10pm.
Didn't know it took that long. Thanks.

All I know is, if we're playing the Pens on a second of back to backs, I'm praying that Philly softens them up the night before. (Assuming that opening night includes Pens-Flyers on NBC)

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
SnowblindNYR

Funny, I went to the Bruins board and they're already making the "Zzzzz" jokes. Watching them against the Caps in the playoffs wasn't any more exciting than watching us against them.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:39 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
8:1 odds. Place your bet.
Check my avatar

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:40 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Check my avatar
Nice work.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:43 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
HAHAHAHA. Saying the Rangers are boring. SO FUNNY MAN. NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE.

Bruins are a ****ing snoozefest. They're best player is Chara, and they have one exciting forward. SO ENTERTAINING.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:50 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Check my avatar
Is that 20 bucks? You really laid it all on the line there.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
HAHAHAHA. Saying the Rangers are boring. SO FUNNY MAN. NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE.

Bruins are a ****ing snoozefest. They're best player is Chara, and they have one exciting forward. SO ENTERTAINING.
It's OK if the Bruins, or any other team other than St. Louis decides to play defense. But when the Rangers do it, it's boring and a six goalie system, and when the Blues do it, it's a trap.

What was the average amount of goals scored per game in that Caps series? 2? I find defensive hockey with two hot goalies very exciting, but some people just have to say their stupid things about defense.

The obvious solution is to structure you team like the Flyers and Penguins. so that every remote scoring chance results in a goal.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Let people say whatever they want. Let them have fun trying to shut down Nash and Gaborik, while trying to get through the 3 headed monster (McD, G, Staal) and then Lundqvist.

As long as we are holding the Cup over our head in June, I don't care what anyone else says.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:28 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Is that 20 bucks? You really laid it all on the line there.
Ha, hey I went heavy at the black jack table so $20 was all I could do.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:27 AM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
conflicting reports??

“@JoshYohe_Trib: Jan. 20 should be quite a sports night. Likely Brady vs. Manning at 6:30 in AFC title game. Likely Pens home opener at 7.”

PassShootScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:31 AM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
@MolinariPG
One version of NHL schedule that's in play -- but far from definite -- has Penguins visiting MSG Jan. 20, after opening in Phila day before.

PassShootScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:01 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay
Rumor outta Pitt RT @Tom_Dunwoody: @stevezipay rangers opening night at the garden vs Pittsburgh on the 20th? Just a rumor?

Pretty much what we've been hearing.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:04 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

No doubt theres going to be a ton of back to backs and quite possibly some long home/road stands.

But cant really complain from the Rangers perspective. The travel will be a cinch compared to some of the Western conference teams, and now that they play 30 games outside the division it will be nice considering they match up well against most of them.

No game is easy in this league but the Rangers have shown over the past few season they play well in back to back contests and compressed schedules (see the start of last year going to Europe, long road trip with MSG construction, Winter Classic, HBO, etc.).

They seem to take the challenges head on and this year wont be any different. In that regard, i'd say the 48 gamer is an advantage for them, provided they can stay healthy.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:17 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
No doubt theres going to be a ton of back to backs and quite possibly some long home/road stands.

But cant really complain from the Rangers perspective. The travel will be a cinch compared to some of the Western conference teams, and now that they play 30 games outside the division it will be nice considering they match up well against most of them.

No game is easy in this league but the Rangers have shown over the past few season they play well in back to back contests and compressed schedules (see the start of last year going to Europe, long road trip with MSG construction, Winter Classic, HBO, etc.).

They seem to take the challenges head on and this year wont be any different. In that regard, i'd say the 48 gamer is an advantage for them, provided they can stay healthy.
Not to mention they won't be tired come playoff time. It was clear they ran out of gas during the Washington and New Jersey series.

NYRSchrute217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:30 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Teams have already started receiving their schedules.. 48 game season will not be as division heavy as first reported...
https://twitter.com/DavidAlter590

Will the Rangers leak some key dates? The NHL won't release the schedule until the PA has ratified the CBA which occur on Saturday.

Dolan may just put the entire schedule on website.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:38 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
https://twitter.com/DavidAlter590

Will the Rangers leak some key dates? The NHL won't release the schedule until the PA has ratified the CBA which occur on Saturday.

Dolan may just put the entire schedule on website.
Wouldn't put it past Dolan.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Levitate

I can understand that it is boring to watch your team try to get shots past the Rangers shot blocking, and then be frustrated when Lundqvists stops the ones that get through, but the Rangers are entertaining enough otherwise. Not the most entertaining, not the least, but they're not doing any crazy trapping or only sending one man in as a primary strategy, etc

I wouldn't want them to be a wide open team that's fun for everyone to watch...that would mean they're doing a poor job playing defense

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:48 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I can understand that it is boring to watch your team try to get shots past the Rangers shot blocking, and then be frustrated when Lundqvists stops the ones that get through, but the Rangers are entertaining enough otherwise. Not the most entertaining, not the least, but they're not doing any crazy trapping or only sending one man in as a primary strategy, etc

I wouldn't want them to be a wide open team that's fun for everyone to watch...that would mean they're doing a poor job playing defense
Ignore the idiots in Boston. They should be more focused on how they are going to cut down their salaries to get closer to the 13-14 cap rather than complain about the rangers being "boring" even though we have the edge in offensive ability by far. And we're so sorry that we have a top 4 defense that all other 29 teams would kill to have. Our deepest apologies.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:14 PM
KennyWu

Already picked a hotel for that night. Definitely plan on making that trip

KennyWu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:33 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

I love all the 1-0 Rangers-Bruins games. Most exciting 1 goal games from the past few seasons. Bruins fans are only angry because they are used to scoring like 6 goals a game so when they can't they start pulling their hair out. It's not like they don't get the chances just that Lundqvist is usually in beast mode for those games. Anyone saying they trap is ignorant though. Torts always sends in at least 2 forecheckers, just that on the defensive end the forwards collapse to the net so you have all those blocked shots. I think I'd rather have them trap and prevent them from entering the zone at all then getting stuck in their own zone for minutes on end and having Cally take the brunt of several Chara slappers in one shift.

Watching the Devils operate in their trapping prime was vomit inducing. This is totally different.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:35 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The Rangers are "boring" because we have the best goalie in the world and an elite D.

I'd be bored watching my team flounder against that, too.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

we always start on the road.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
The Rangers are boring to Bruins fans because they've gotten their butts kicked by them since the last lockout.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:48 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Not sure how legit this is...

Dates say 2012 LOL

Also looks like Home/Road reversed, but probably just assumed that all games are NYR, and home=away... If that makes sense. Obviously take with a grain of salt no matter what until the schedule is official.

Last edited by silverfish: 01-10-2013 at 02:55 PM.
silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

any idea when tix will go on sale?

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote