HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 7)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 02:13 PM
KyGuy9

vCash: 500
WOW! Did not expect to get Koekkoek for that price. Now we finally have an NHL first-rounder on our team. With Peterborough this year, this is what both teams got involving both teams players:

To Peterborough:

Nick Czinder
Brandon Devlin
Michael Clarke
2014: 2nd round
2015: 2nd round

To Windsor:

Alex Aleardi
Slater Koekkoek
Trevor Murphy

Not bad Warren. Not bad at all.

Pat Sieloff will have some D responsibilities off of him with the help of Koekkoek.

Koekkoek will have a familiar face in the room with Murphy. Hey, if they find chemistry, why not stick them together?

Sieloff - Ebert
Koekkoek - Murphy
Sanvido - Bateman

Guess Posa was dealt because they couldn't get the price they paid to get Bateman for him. Didn't want to show he was a wasted pick. The 6 d-men will be Koekkoek, Sieloff, Ebert, Murphy, Bateman and Sanvido with Bowen, Brown or McNaughton able to play as spares or up front. Other than solidifying the 4th line (call up Brendan McCann!), I'd say Windsor's pretty good off.

BTW, Peterborough seems to be doing very well with Devlin. He actually has a =/- rating of a plus. (Last time I checked) and getting lots of points. In Peterborough, I bet they see him as an upgrade over Murphy.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:14 PM
KyGuy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
No his attitude was self absorbed and brought the entire team down. Constantly talking about being a 10th overall pick. Never took his man in front of the next just stood there. Skates around the outside with the puck on the power play and does nothing but hit the goalie in the belly pad. Was not a good team mate to the young players. Forgot he was once there.

His attitude brought down the whole room. To be honest this will be the best thing for the team to have him gone. Don't get me wrong he has potential under good coaching but talk to me this time next year and tell me your thoughts.

Tell him to stay off twitter he has no class
Ouch... if this is true, I hope he shapes up in Windsor. I have a feeling he's not THAT bad though.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
No his attitude was self absorbed and brought the entire team down. Constantly talking about being a 10th overall pick. Never took his man in front of the next just stood there. Skates around the outside with the puck on the power play and does nothing but hit the goalie in the belly pad. Was not a good team mate to the young players. Forgot he was once there.

His attitude brought down the whole room. To be honest this will be the best thing for the team to have him gone. Don't get me wrong he has potential under good coaching but talk to me this time next year and tell me your thoughts.

When did this attitude crop up? Just this year? Or was it the case as a 16 and 17 yr old? Did he poison the dressing room for Puempel to demand out and Watson to demand out? Puempel seems pretty damn happy to be in Kitchener with a top flight organization judging by his interview in the Examiner, could he have been telling Koekkoek how the other half lives? What is the billet situation in Peterborough? IIRC Murphy was said to have been a headcase up with you guys and went through a handful of billets in his year with you.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:28 PM
hockeyboy4

he played for the petes.. what do you expect, i feel bad for clarke that he has no choice but to play for them.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Been told that Khokhlachev will be given the C.
Makes some sense, though there is a big time language barrier still. I don't know if he'll be the guy talking to the referees to have penalties explained. We need Koko to buy in to the team and take ownership of the rest of the season and play-offs, rather than just being a passenger waiting to get off at his next stop.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:43 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
he played for the petes.. what do you expect, i feel bad for clarke that he has no choice but to play for them.
Clarke did have a choice, he had a no trade clause and could have invoked it but decided to go to Peterborough.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Clarke did have a choice, he had a no trade clause and could have invoked it but decided to go to Peterborough.
I give him props. There's a very clear advantage and he's looking to take the chance and run with it. I call captain within a year.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Been told that Khokhlachev will be given the C.
Well boogie In the paper said he isn't giving out a captin just yet, he will go with 3 assistants and maybe 4(koko) and might pick a captin later.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:07 PM
KnightsInsider93

What are the chances that the Spits threatened Mike with little to no ice time if he did not accept going to Peterborough?

Old
01-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
What are the chances that the Spits threatened Mike with little to no ice time if he did not accept going to Peterborough?
That would be down right shameful.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Not a chance he wasnt going to be a 1st liner but we desperately need a 3rd line center and he would have been great there along with some PK time and the odd PP time.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:

Breaking an HFboard silence here.

With respect, trolling a 18 year old kid anonymously on a message board may not show the best attitude either. At least he tweeted with his name on it.

The issues in Peterborough have little to do with Koekkoek, which is fairly obvious for those of us familiar with the situation. I understand the frustration from a fan's perspective, but attacking him on here wont change the management issues in Peterborough. There is a reason why 3-4 other deals for him fell through, there are massive issues in Peterborough. They sent Watson home last year, magically, he was a star in last years playoffs. Fans complained he was a 'cancer', when in fact he needed to get out of a toxic environment. Puempel, same exact thing. I won't get into it, but Peterborough needs managers who are interested in managing a winning hockey team, with a history of success. Managers should not be hired because of 'who they know' within the organization.

To Windsor fans, there is no issue that a change of dressing rooms wont change. He had/has the same issues that other Petes have had. They will thrive now that they are out of that environment, just as Puempel and Watson have.

Last edited by Tigers1992: 01-10-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old
01-10-2013, 03:51 PM
aresknights

Cheers Tigers!

Old
01-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Are you asking a question or making an accusation?

Clarke has already been drafted - so that's not a worry of his. Now it's about bettering his game - he'll get much more ice time in Peterborough, play the PP, kill penalties, probably wear a letter if not be it's captain.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:18 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Are you asking a question or making an accusation?

Clarke has already been drafted - so that's not a worry of his. Now it's about bettering his game - he'll get much more ice time in Peterborough, play the PP, kill penalties, probably wear a letter if not be it's captain.
Not making an accusation. But I asked a player (Not a Pete or a Spit) as soon as I saw the deal happend and he said the following:

Me: Why would a player waive his No trade to go to a place that nobody wants to play in?
Player: Could have been threatened with little-no ice time OR even junior B if he didnt waive it. It happens more often than people think especially when players as big as Koekkoek are involved and their managers are keen on getting him there.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:36 PM
RayzorIsDull

Clarke's ice time was going to be cut just by bringing in Aleardi and Khokhlachev. Clarke played more than Lorentz to begin with. There's no way Clarke was going to get good ice time with those 2 being acquired so Windsor didn't have to threaten any player because reality was he wouldn't get ice time.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:00 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Not making an accusation. But I asked a player (Not a Pete or a Spit) as soon as I saw the deal happend and he said the following:

Me: Why would a player waive his No trade to go to a place that nobody wants to play in?
Player: Could have been threatened with little-no ice time OR even junior B if he didnt waive it. It happens more often than people think especially when players as big as Koekkoek are involved and their managers are keen on getting him there.
OR even junior B Exactly how can you threaten an OHL player like Clarke with JR B....enlighten me...put him on waivers so he could be picked up for free?

Old
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch1943 View Post
OR even junior B Exactly how can you threaten an OHL player like Clarke with JR B....enlighten me...put him on waivers so he could be picked up for free?
In all my time with in the OHL, I also never heard a player use the word 'keen' lol.

See ya guys..been fun

Old
01-10-2013, 05:20 PM
punch1943

Quote:

Speaking of staying off twitter because of a lack of class...have you looked in the mirror lately? I'd imagine you probably discussed his shortcomings with the Captain of the Lift Lock boys yourself.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Pukhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Cant answer that question,especially since Windsor has only 2 o/a, if thats the case I would play Myles Doan,but im sure u cant
Nothing saying u cant sign free agent 18 and 19 year olds though ie Alex Seguin from Leamington,or Derek Palazzolo from Chatham,or Korey Morgan from Laalle both of them 94 born forwards
Keep in mind Brendan Mccann can be still be used as an affiliate player as well
Just a little correction: it's Eric Palazzolo!

Old
01-10-2013, 06:40 PM
SpItFiReZ

Dull first. I'm not going to say lack of Caring but little jump.

Koko doesn't have what he brought last year....let.
Koekoek looks decent. Jumps into play, seems quick. Does run around a bit though.
Giftopolous looks like a good 3rd liner. Already has 2 for cross checking
Verbeek gets his first
Marchese is lazier than Rychel.
Pav looks great.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:46 PM
KyGuy9

Congrats to Ryan Verbeek on his first goal, and Alex Aleardi on the assist!

Old
01-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Monty81

Spitfires GM Warren Rychel: 'We needed a shakeup'

http://www.windsoressexsports.com/20...ded-a-shakeup/

Old
01-10-2013, 08:27 PM
izzys

What a he'll of a hockey game

Team speed was amazing, this line up can do damage in playoffs if can stay like this

Ebert an Bateman looked 50 pound weight off there backs

Great team win

Old
01-10-2013, 08:31 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
In all my time with in the OHL, I also never heard a player use the word 'keen' lol.

See ya guys..been fun
Good catch! Me thinks the Insider is a hanger on er and used a bit of creative liscence. A nono when quoting a player,. I think anyway. The Insiders rep is takin a lil hit this last week plus.
So the new n improved Spits start with a SO. They play well?

Closed Thread