HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 3/11) *Part II*

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I think it's more likely Miller eventually flanks Boyle and we have Lindberg start on the 4th line.
If Lindberg's newfound offensive prowess is not just a short term fluke then I would rather see him get 3rd line duties because I know BB will not help much offensively.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:11 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
If Lindberg's newfound offensive prowess is not just a short term fluke then I would rather see him get 3rd line duties because I know BB will not help much offensively.
Yeah, definitely possible Lindberg bumps Boyle down the depth chart.

And if it's between Lindberg and Miller playing center it's going to be Lindberg. The guy is as prototypical as a center as you will get.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Seriously, why is everyone overlooking Nieves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Not enough noise has been made about him. When I brought him up, the idea was shut down because it is supposedly very easy to become a first liner in Michigan. But it's not that easy, no matter whether the team is strong or not. He's playing D1 hockey as an 18-year-old freshman. Being a first liner is an excellent start to his career, and the fact that he can keep it up as a first liner and prove that he can do a decent job there is a very good sign.
Because he is the type you overlook!

First of all, his skating it not interesting, in lack of better words, in anyway. Its flawed that can be corrected, so he can't correct it, but its not good enough to stand out for a good prospect. He is not electric flashy, but still dipsy doddles with the puck. He is not a sniper nor a playmaker. Nor a stiff nor a player who won't shoot the puck.

He is everything and nothing.

Then all of a sudden he stands there as Travis Zajac II due to having grown into a grown mans body and having a sharp head and decent skills or he doesn't and scores like 15 pts in 80 games in the AHL.

I think Hrivik is in the same mold too.

Many players who makes it are extremely good at something, and then rounds out. Or has like a big flaw, which he can correct. Then you have the very solid prospects, but they are often picked very high and like stays on the map. But the kids like Neives who kind has most things, but still no ability that stands out, can really come from behind in a hurry. The best example I can think of in this mold on the top of my head is Dan Girardi...

Old
01-08-2013, 10:21 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Brian Boyle cannot stand in the way of JT Miller's development. Either Boyle is moved to 4th line center or wing where he belongs or he is moved out. JT will be on that third line sooner than later.
there is zero chance of boyle standing in miller's way...but its also very possible that miller ends up playing on the wing and not center anyway. starting miller (likely next year) on boyle's wing gives him less responsiblity as he adjusts to the nhl and then after he establishes himself you move boyle if needed.

Old
01-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The Rangers will have a decision on their hands next season with Miller. He is a good 2-way player but with Richards, Stepan and Boyle already on the NHL roster, and an older player like Lindberg looking like he is ready or close to ready to be a solid 3rd line center, where will he play? I know he can play wing, and does it well, but one has to wonder. Move Boyle to wing?
I wouldn't put the cart before the horse. Theres always trades, injuries, the wing, or maybe one guy doesn't pan out. These future hypothetical line ups seldom come to fruition. Tortorella hasn't held back from playing guys that he deems ready.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:01 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
I wouldn't put the cart before the horse. Theres always trades, injuries, the wing, or maybe one guy doesn't pan out. These future hypothetical line ups seldom come to fruition. Tortorella hasn't held back from playing guys that he deems ready.
I agree, just an interesting thing to look at moving forward.

Old
01-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Yeah, definitely possible Lindberg bumps Boyle down the depth chart.

And if it's between Lindberg and Miller playing center it's going to be Lindberg. The guy is as prototypical as a center as you will get.
Agree. From what I saw in the WJC's i think JT's best position will be left wing. He was good on draws but he is more a grinder then a puck carrier and distibutor. I'm very impressed with his strength and IQ. I think we have a good one.

Old
01-08-2013, 02:15 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Fasth had a PP goal today.

Lindberg was scoreless and a -2.

It's just pain.
Old
01-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Zuccarello with 1 goal and 2 assists as Metallurg Magintogorsk beat Erik "The Crusher" Christensen's Lev Praha 5-2.
First game witout Malkin, Gonchar and Kuljomin since the lock out ended.

Old
01-09-2013, 07:18 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
The Rangers reassigned Yogan back to Connecticut. He was with Greenville, where he had 9 goals in 15 games.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:22 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Fasth with a goal and an assist halfway through his game. He's been playing recently opposite former Rangers' property Andreas Jamtin.

Lindberg is currently scoreless and has taken two tripping penalties.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:23 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Fast with a goal and & assist already halfway through the tight game with Färjestad.

As I said, he would bounce back from his injury. Took a while but he is on FIRE now again with 5 goals and 5 assists the past 5,5 games.

12 G - 11 A - 23 P in 31 GAMES is very good imo.
Will be very interesting to follow next year.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Fast with a goal and & assist already halfway through the tight game with Färjestad.

As I said, he would bounce back from his injury. Took a while but he is on FIRE now again with 5 goals and 5 assists the past 5,5 games.

12 G - 11 A - 23 P in 31 GAMES is very good imo.
Will be very interesting to follow next year.
Isn't the idea that he and Lindberg will come over to the US next year to aim for a roster spot/play in the AHL for a bit to prepare for the NHL?

It would be really nice if Lindberg could nail down the third line center spot and make Boyle somewhat expendable. Or if nothing else, start in the 4th line spot and give the Rangers a cheap bottom six center for the future

Old
01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
NYR Viper

Fast has much more offensive ability than Lindberg, without a doubt. But they are both going to be Rangers very soon. Both players are a pleasure to watch with he way they skate.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Isn't the idea that he and Lindberg will come over to the US next year to aim for a roster spot/play in the AHL for a bit to prepare for the NHL?

It would be really nice if Lindberg could nail down the third line center spot and make Boyle somewhat expendable. Or if nothing else, start in the 4th line spot and give the Rangers a cheap bottom six center for the future
Where would Miller fit then?

Old
01-10-2013, 02:02 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Where would Miller fit then?
on the wing

Old
01-10-2013, 02:22 PM
BBKers

Fast nets another one!
12 G - 12 A - 24 P in 31 GP
6 - 5 - 11 in his last 6 games... and it ain´t over yet

Old
01-10-2013, 02:25 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Fast nets another one!
12 G - 12 A - 24 P in 31 GP
6 - 5 - 11 in his last 6 games... and it ain´t over yet
It's actually 13-11-24.

http://www.hockeyligan.se/trupp/HV71/3238

Old
01-10-2013, 02:35 PM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Thanx. Totally off my game today. Have had a nasty touch of some kind of flu for over 3 weeks now, seeing a doctor tomorrow

This thing is killing people over here now...

Old
01-10-2013, 02:41 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Thanx. Totally off my game today. Have had a nasty touch of some kind of flu for over 3 weeks now, seeing a doctor tomorrow

This thing is killing people over here now...
It's bad over here, too. Rest up, my friend!

Nice to see Fasth tearing it up. Can't wait until we get a closer look at him next season.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Fast and Lindberg better come over next year. They need to adjust to the NA game. I suspect at least one will be in the NHL in 12 months. Maybe not from the start, but after a quick stint in the AHL, a la fellow Swede Carl Hagelin.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
Fast and Lindberg better come over next year. They need to adjust to the NA game. I suspect at least one will be in the NHL in 12 months. Maybe not from the start, but after a quick stint in the AHL, a la fellow Swede Carl Hagelin.
That is the big ??? IMO. Good skaters but the question is the NA ice surface. If they can adapt then,,,

I talked to a legendary NHL scout this morning btw in an entirely different matter. He was in UFA last week. He really praised Gibson & Jones on US. Said Jones will most likely go #1. JT Miller he thought needs a better jump in his game but said he is a clutch to be a productive NHL regular.
Said Swedes like Arvidsson & Sandberg were lightweights destined for European rinks, but also liked de la Roses game (questioned his hands a little), liked the 2 Finns in Barkov & Rasmus Ristolainen. Plus he really liked a German player (darkhorse & future sleeper) called Leon Draisaitl. Remember that name. He is known for picking up gems in the later rounds this guy Hint Hint...

Old
01-10-2013, 03:32 PM
NYR Viper

Have the Rangers ever selected a German?

Old
01-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Glad to see Fast picking it up. Hopefully he can stay healthy. That's really his major obstacle at this point, IMO.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Have the Rangers ever selected a German?

No, but the Islanders used to have Uwe Krupp, now the German team coach. Krupp is what we are all hoping McIlrath will develop into.

Closed Thread