HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Flyers interested in Luongo?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
  #426
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
he's been asked multiple times and he's pretty adamant about his answer. funny how all the flyers insiders or whatever you want to call them on twitter say there is nothing to this rumor and yet we continue as if there actually is something to it.
Exactly. Every single Flyers beat guy has said their sources all say this isnt true.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:43 PM
  #427
Meandmyself
Registered User
 
Meandmyself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Exactly. Every single Flyers beat guy has said their sources all say this isnt true.
Paul Holmgren already confirm that it wasn't true...

Meandmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:44 PM
  #428
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meandmyself View Post
Paul Holmgren already confirm that it wasn't true...
And you trust everything that comes out of that mans mouth?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:47 PM
  #429
Meandmyself
Registered User
 
Meandmyself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
And you trust everything that comes out of that mans mouth?
No, but about about Luongo's rumours I don't have a problem to believing what he said.

Meandmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:51 PM
  #430
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,020
vCash: 500
i dont think its true either..

but this is the guy who has a habit of saying exactly the opposite of what is true..

Carter/richards. and a million injury updates. (aka " its a virus")

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:00 PM
  #431
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
i dont think its true either..

but this is the guy who has a habit of saying exactly the opposite of what is true..

Carter/richards. and a million injury updates. (aka " its a virus")
so if the Flyers honestly aren't involved do you expect Paul to say "Yes, we're in on Luongo". obviously not so if you can't believe what he is saying one way or the other then you disregard what he says altogether and go by what everyone else with any Flyers connections are saying which is no, the flyers are not involved in conversations for Luongo.

FlyersFan61290 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:02 PM
  #432
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Well I've seen a lot of fans who seem pretty assured that money is there & thats what you need to get Edler. Add to that he is a need in Philly. Where is the risk? I mean if he is leaving Van in the Summer money will be the ultimate factor.

In saying this I don't think he leaves Vancouver. Meshes too well with the Sedins & is a core member.
Just because you have the money and need for the player doesn't mean that they will definitely come to the team automatically.

Look in the summer. We had space for Suter and a need for suter. He didn't come here.

Trading 4 years of Voracek on a good deal for a player who could just leave after this season is stupid

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:15 PM
  #433
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Just because you have the money and need for the player doesn't mean that they will definitely come to the team automatically.

Look in the summer. We had space for Suter and a need for suter. He didn't come here.

Trading 4 years of Voracek on a good deal for a player who could just leave after this season is stupid
and hamhuis didnt wanna be here either. i think we offered him more money too

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:16 PM
  #434
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder
 
NitHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Well I've seen a lot of fans who seem pretty assured that money is there & thats what you need to get Edler. Add to that he is a need in Philly. Where is the risk? I mean if he is leaving Van in the Summer money will be the ultimate factor.
Flyers offered crazy money to Suter and Parise, too. On a short season in a walk year, I wouldn't sign for less the FA market value if I were Edler or any other top end FA. There's plenty of risk, unless you get an extension negotiated beforehand.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:02 PM
  #435
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Wait I thought you guys would be able to sign him? Why wouldn't you be able to?

So you're saying it's a slam dunk? The Flyers will just sign him this summer then.

The trade is still 1 (shortened) year of team control for 4. Not happening.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:11 PM
  #436
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
i'd rather keep Bryz & hope he posts his career avg numbers while keeping the guys proposed to be going to VAN, than take a chance on Luongo by losing those current Flyers

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:15 PM
  #437
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
i'd rather keep Bryz & hope he posts his career avg numbers while keeping the guys proposed to be going to VAN, than take a chance on Luongo by losing those current Flyers
Quit it with your logic! This thread has made for great between shift reading

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:50 PM
  #438
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
So you're saying it's a slam dunk? The Flyers will just sign him this summer then.

The trade is still 1 (shortened) year of team control for 4. Not happening.
Yup! Just look where I say the words "slam dunk" in my post.


The Flyers will just sign him in the Summer? But I thought:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Just because you have the money and need for the player doesn't mean that they will definitely come to the team automatically.
So if you think you have such a good chance of signing him in the summer why not just make the trade for him to ensure it?



For the record I don't think we trade Edler & I think he re-signs in Vancouver. We have the cash to do so, especially with the buy outs.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:58 PM
  #439
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Yup! Just look where I say the words "slam dunk" in my post.


The Flyers will just sign him in the Summer? But I thought:




So if you think you have such a good chance of signing him in the summer why not just make the trade for him to ensure it?



For the record I don't think we trade Edler & I think he re-signs in Vancouver. We have the cash to do so, especially with the buy outs.
You said "where is the risk?" The risk is giving up assets to acquire a player that may or may not sign here. Just because he is here at the end of the season does not mean he will sign here and giving up valuable assets such as Schenn, Couturier or Voracek has been suggested makes no sense in that regard.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
  #440
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
How is trading for him ensuring it?

You're just giving up assets for a player who can walk in 6 months.

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:03 PM
  #441
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
So if you think you have such a good chance of signing him in the summer why not just make the trade for him to ensure it?
Ignoring the fact that there is obviously no guarantee that he is signing here, let's operate under this grand assumption that he is 100% guaranteed to sign in Philadelphia.

So why would we give you assets knowing that he would sign here? We could get him for free.

But of course that doesn't matter because we don't know that he will sign here making it pointless to potentially waste significant assets on him.

Your comment is wrong any way you look at it.

CS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:17 PM
  #442
Minimalist*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
All of you just shut your mouths. You take Luongo and give us B.Schenn. This is the deal. Now just shutup. All of you. Shutup....shutup.

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:20 PM
  #443
Diamonddog01
Registered User
 
Diamonddog01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Ignoring the fact that there is obviously no guarantee that he is signing here, let's operate under this grand assumption that he is 100% guaranteed to sign in Philadelphia.

So why would we give you assets knowing that he would sign here? We could get him for free.

But of course that doesn't matter because we don't know that he will sign here making it pointless to potentially waste significant assets on him.

Your comment is wrong any way you look at it.
Why would any team ever trade for a player on the last year of his contract if this is how front offices think?

You are arguing for an incredibly conservative approach to trades that contradicts what often happens in the real world. I get that you guys think it's risky - but impending UFA's are traded all the time. For decent returns.

If Edler were to sign in Philly, it would be because he played the year there - got to know the personnel and players and came to a mutually agreed upon salary amount. Doubt he signs there without playing a single game as a Flyer.

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:24 PM
  #444
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post
All of you just shut your mouths. You take Luongo and give us B.Schenn. This is the deal. Now just shutup. All of you. Shutup....shutup.

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:27 PM
  #445
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,070
vCash: 500
Let's just trade our entire rosters and let's see what happens.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:28 PM
  #446
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Why would any team ever trade for a player on the last year of his contract if this is how front offices think?

You are arguing for an incredibly conservative approach to trades that contradicts what often happens in the real world. I get that you guys think it's risky - but impending UFA's are traded all the time. For decent returns.

If Edler were to sign in Philly, it would be because he played the year there - got to know the personnel and players and came to a mutually agreed upon salary amount. Doubt he signs there without playing a single game as a Flyer.
Because no player has ever signed anywhere he hasn't played

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:29 PM
  #447
Diamonddog01
Registered User
 
Diamonddog01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
Let's just trade our entire rosters and let's see what happens.
I would certainly prefer that than the annual Vancouver - Florida roster exchanges.

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:31 PM
  #448
Diamonddog01
Registered User
 
Diamonddog01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Because no player has ever signed anywhere he hasn't played
I said 'doubt'. Not 'won't'. Statistically players tend to re-sign with the team they've been playing for. Landing players in free agency is far more of a crapshoot, as I'm sure you're aware with Suter and Parise.

Diamonddog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:35 PM
  #449
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
I said 'doubt'. Not 'won't'. Statistically players tend to re-sign with the team they've been playing for. Landing players in free agency is far more of a crapshoot, as I'm sure you're aware with Suter and Parise.
And players tend to walk when their team is undercutting their value by 25%

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:39 PM
  #450
Minimalist*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
And players tend to walk when their team is undercutting their value by 25%
Most, not all.

I do believe that Edler plans to walk, and I do believe that Gillis will do what he must to find a replacement at the deadline and dish him off to a contender as a rental. We could get a nice haul from him.

But what does this have to do with how badly you all obviously want Luongo?

Oh, and did you hear that Brayden Schenn hates puppies? What kind of sadistic individual hates puppies? You probably won't want him after hearing this haunting news.

Minimalist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.