HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Bears Thread #14 - Historic collapse complete, Lovie fired

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Better offense, more time of possession plus large leads will do wonders for any defense.

Consistent 3 and outs will kill any defense at some point. Defense will be fine with some minor tweaks, possibly a few good drafted players.

O-Line must be fixed. Second WR and TE. I still think signing Forte to all that money hurts. Should have kept him franchised for the year.
Cap hit next year would have been more if we franchised him. They need a field stretching WR, hopefully they can find that late in the draft like they did with Knox in the 5th round. TE is a must. I'm hoping they look at UCLA's tight end in the 2nd round after going OL in the 1st.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:30 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Cap hit next year would have been more if we franchised him. They need a field stretching WR, hopefully they can find that late in the draft like they did with Knox in the 5th round. TE is a must. I'm hoping they look at UCLA's tight end in the 2nd round after going OL in the 1st.
I wouldn't have kept him next year. I'm saying trade him after this year or let him go. Trades are hard to come by in the NFL.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I wouldn't have kept him next year. I'm saying trade him after this year or let him go. Trades are hard to come by in the NFL.
I think he can still be a very effective back, especially if we get a coach that runs a zone blocking scheme like they do in Texas, Denver, and Tampa.

Old
01-10-2013, 01:57 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
I think he can still be a very effective back, especially if we get a coach that runs a zone blocking scheme like they do in Texas, Denver, and Tampa.
He can but it seems many teams succeed with average or committee situations at RB now instead of paying one guy the big bucks.

Find me a SB winner over the last 10 years paying 1 RB a ton of money. Maybe Bradshaw would be the closest. Otherwise you have the Packers, N.E., Pittsburgh, Indy and so on.

I rather that money be committed to O-line. RB's only have so many years to be handing out those contracts, not to mention every single of them that has a heated contract negotiation or hold out seems to regress the next year.

I watch a ton of Houston games and Foster is a great RB but I can run for 20 yards with some of those holes.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
He can but it seems many teams succeed with average or committee situations at RB now instead of paying one guy the big bucks.

Find me a SB winner over the last 10 years paying 1 RB a ton of money. Maybe Bradshaw would be the closest. Otherwise you have the Packers, N.E., Pittsburgh, Indy and so on.

I rather that money be committed to O-line. RB's only have so many years to be handing out those contracts, not to mention every single of them that has a heated contract negotiation or hold out seems to regress the next year.

I watch a ton of Houston games and Foster is a great RB but I can run for 20 yards with some of those holes.
I agree, I'd rather they have traded him before this season but thats a hard sell when you have a defense thats ready to win a Super Bowl. I thikn the Forte contract was as much to sew locker room harmony as it was anything.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:25 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
The defense doesn't have to score touchdowns to be effective, they gave up 17 points a game. Thats plenty to make you a Super Bowl contender if you have a NFL offense which they didn't last year. Why do you need a Briggs, Peppers, and Tillman replacement? Are they going away next season? I agree we need an Urlacher replacement. Roach did pretty good last year but he's not a long term fix. Briggs and Tillman probably still have at least 2, if not 3 good years left. There are plenty of opportunities to replace them. Peppers has probably 2 years left as well.
I'm talking about in the nearish future, which is why I said unless we can fix the o line this year or next year the window will be closed on this current crop of players most likely. Though, in my opinion, there is no window with the guys we have right now.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Cullksinikers

Who do you guys have this weekend?

I'm going with a Seattle/Green Bay NFC Championship and a New England/Denver AFC Championship.

Old
01-10-2013, 02:41 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Believe it or not, I'm going with Atlanta/SF in the NFC, and Denver/NE in the AFC. I could see GB winning tho, but I think 49ers have the better chance. I think Atlanta finally figures it out and gets the win this week.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

SF/SEA and DEN/NE. Although it seems I'm talking myself into Baltimore more and more each day.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Old
01-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Huh.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
wonder if emery is interested in somebody still in the playoffs
pretty sure he is, otherwise he would have had 2nd interviews already

Quote:
we could go MLB in the 1st round easily with Te'o, Ogletree or even Minter.

and yes, it is all Cutlers fault

Old
01-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Heard the guys talking about this on Waddle and Silvy today. Also heard the playbacks where Silvy was really giving it pretty good to that asshat Mark Schlereth about the Cutler stuff. It's getting out of control. With all the BS stuff involving athletes this day and age the fact that so many want to rail on Cutler baffles me. I know he's not an easy guy to like but c'mon.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:40 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Wait, that's real? When I saw it, my first reaction was someone shopped it as a joke....

Old
01-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Wait, that's real? When I saw it, my first reaction was someone shopped it as a joke....
No, that was a topic on that show apparently.

And on another show Cutler was the topic of discussion as a result of the panel talking about the Bears' coaching search. Shannon Sharpe went on to say the Bears are looking at an offensive coach despite the fact that they had Marshall, Forte, and "other" good offensive players and the culprit is Cutler because he's just a QB, not a "leader", and he went on to call him a coach-killer. He left out the part about there being no O-line when talking about all the offensive firepower the Bears have, to say the least.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Cullksinikers

I watched that live yesterday and laughed. It had more to do with the fact that they may have left him in and Griffin wanted to stay in since Cutler left with an injury and got criticized heavily. Stupid stuff per usual from BSPN.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:48 PM
madgoat33

cutler isn't very good. the sooner people admit it the better. if he were 23 then you could hold out hope he could put it all together, but he's almost 30. he is what he is.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
cutler isn't very good. the sooner people admit it the better. if he were 23 then you could hold out hope he could put it all together, but he's almost 30. he is what he is.
I'm not talking anything about the guys' talent level. You don't like him. That's well established. Got it. I won't forget it. We all know how you feel. I've never anywhere said he's great or the savior of the franchise or anything of the sort.

Taking talent completely out of it, the shear amount of **** the guy gets nationally, let alone when a subject has nothing to do with him, is astounding to me. I mean, making a story about if he's to blame or not for RGIII or not; really? That's just piss poor journalism at its best. It's embarrassing.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:54 PM
Cullksinikers

Nothing is worse than Rob Parker. Nothing.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:57 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
Taking talent completely out of it, the shear amount of **** the guy gets nationally, let alone when a subject has nothing to do with him, is astounding to me. I mean, making a story about if he's to blame or not for RGIII or not; really? That's just piss poor journalism at its best. It's embarrassing.
I think the part that annoys me most about it is that he really hasn't gone out of his way to do anything stupid or intentionally be a dick. Also not like he's a terrible person with a bad record off the field that leaks into his press conference or the field. Obviously he doesn't appear to be the most jolly guy in the world, not everyone is going to come across that way. Just seems to me that he's a guy who doesn't want a camera constantly jammed in his face with people prying into his personal life, so people target him in the media because of that.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
madgoat33

why do you even worry about what meatheads like schlereth say? most ex players always fall back on the same platitudes and for having played the game it's shocking how often they are completely wrong.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Win

Old
01-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
why do you even worry about what meatheads like schlereth say? most ex players always fall back on the same platitudes and for having played the game it's shocking how often they are completely wrong.
I have no idea why. It shouldn't bother me but it just rubs me wrong. Even knowing when they're wrong about something it's like...really? Usually good at letting stuff roll off my shoulder but I'll be damned if it just doesn't get me every time

Old
01-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Recoil

Quote:
ESPN sure knows how to troll the Chicago fan base, don't they.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:06 PM
madgoat33

if Steve young starts going full like schlereth, then ill start to worry. but guys like rodney harrison or trent dilfer are just white noise to me

Closed Thread