HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 9.0 - #Goldchenyuk Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Friday?

He is invited to habs camp, he won't go back to junior until that's dealt with.
Camp only begins Sunday, I could see him playing tomorrow and then travelling Saturday.

The Sting also traded Kuzmyk and Dundas and got back a young defenceman and a late pick. It's as if Beaulieu pulled the plug on the season with the Murphy injury. Gotta say that injury changes my perspective a bit. I still want him back in Sarnia, but now that a long playoff run seems more unlikely I can understand keeping him up. The Sting look like first round fodder now, especially since all the contending teams in their Conference added pieces.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:47 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Camp only begins Sunday, I could see him playing tomorrow and then travelling Saturday.

The Sting also traded Kuzmyk and Dundas and got back a young defenceman and a late pick. It's as if Beaulieu pulled the plug on the season with the Murphy injury. Gotta say that injury changes my perspective a bit. I still want him back in Sarnia, but now that a long playoff run seems more unlikely I can understand keeping him up. The Sting look like first round fodder now, especially since all the contending teams in their Conference added pieces.
Maybe he also thinks Gally is as good as gone (to the Habs)..

Interesting anyways.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

Beaulieu wanted to pull the plug:

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/01/10...d-pick-in-2013

Quote:
MURPHY NEWS AFFECTS DEADLINE

It was about 6 p.m. Wednesday when Beaulieu heard the news about Murphy — an hour before the Sting were set to take on the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds — leaving him little time to react on the trade market.

“If I would have known Monday, I would have probably sold a lot of players, but nothing I can do. I found out an hour before a game,” he said.

By the time the Sting found out about the injury, the overage trade deadline had passed meaning they couldn’t trade goaltender J.P. Anderson or forward Charlie Sarault, and many of the league’s biggest buyers had already made their big moves.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
I changed my mind. Unless he's absolutely terrible, keep him. And make that season a preseason for next year.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:49 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I changed my mind. Unless he's absolutely terrible, keep him. And make that season a preseason for next year.
What made you change your mind?

Old
01-10-2013, 07:57 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Welcome aboard.

There's that and there is no doubt in my mind he can actually help our team, even in a limited role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
The toxic environment in Sarnia would be my guess. It sounds more and more like going back there isn't the right move.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:01 PM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Considering Galchenyuk will be going back to Sarnia who has no hopes of a long play-off run and Gally has not been traded for assets...

As long as Gally plays either with Plekanec or Eller..

Old
01-10-2013, 08:04 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Considering Galchenyuk will be going back to Sarnia who has no hopes of a long play-off run and Gally has not been traded for assets...

As long as Gally plays either with Plekanec or Eller..
This is what I don't understand. I'm certain that Beaulieu knew what the deal with Gally was and Bergevin's intentions to invite him to camp (with a strong chance of making it).

Old
01-10-2013, 08:05 PM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
This is what I don't understand. I'm certain that Beaulieu knew what the deal with Gally was and Bergevin's intentions to invite him to camp (with a strong chance of making it).
Many teams probably didn't want to pony up assets for Galchenyuk if there were no guarantees he'd even be back in the OHL.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:07 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Many teams probably didn't want to pony up assets for Galchenyuk if there were no guarantees he'd even be back in the OHL.
That's true, forgot to consider the flip side.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:10 PM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
That's true, forgot to consider the flip side.
Makes the situation a bit more precarious. That being said it's a good audition for Galchenyuk if Plekanec isn't ready to start the season. He could anchor the 3rd line at center while Eller debuts at 2nd line.. or vice-versa.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Dharvey33

Galchenyuk is better or at least equal to yakupov and Forsberg and those two are playing this year. Why shouldn't he? I think he will be a calder trophy nominate if he stays all year he has the hands the vision the maturity and the size to play in the nhl 30 game with the sting won't make him more ready.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Marc BargainBin
only on playstation

Send a message via Skype™ to Marc BargainBin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Galchenyuk is better or at least equal to yakupov and Forsberg and those two are playing this year. Why shouldn't he? I think he will be a calder trophy nominate if he stays all year he has the hands the vision the maturity and the size to play in the nhl 30 game with the sting won't make him more ready.
Don't think he is playing this year.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
I don't have much of a problem with the Habs operating differently than the Lowebellini (122-167-39) Oilers.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Probably the same thing as WTK and I...

The Sting have 27 regular games left. Who knows how many of those will be missed due to attending our camp. They play tomorrow (maybe he plays), Saturday (definitely won't play I would guess) and on the 18th (50/50 I would say, could be the day he would be cut from Habs camp). So probably a good chance he misses 2 of those games. So you are down to 25 games.

If they lose in 4 or 5 games in round 1, which is very possible without their #1 D Murphy....he's basically got around 30 games of Junior hockey left if we send him back. Maybe a bit more. Maybe a bit less. He probably won't learn a whole lot more or progress that much more significantly in Sarnia in those final 30 games or so.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:57 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Probably the same thing as WTK and I...

The Sting have 27 regular games left. Who knows how many of those will be missed due to attending our camp. They play tomorrow (maybe he plays), Saturday (definitely won't play I would guess) and on the 18th (50/50 I would say, could be the day he would be cut from Habs camp). So probably a good chance he misses 2 of those games. So you are down to 25 games.

If they lose in 4 or 5 games in round 1, which is very possible without their #1 D Murphy....he's basically got around 30 games of Junior hockey left if we send him back. Maybe a bit more. Maybe a bit less. He probably won't learn a whole lot more or progress that much more significantly in Sarnia in those final 30 games or so.
Murphy is injured or got traded?

Old
01-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Fire Everyone
Especially you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
He's out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:03 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
He's out for the rest of the season with a knee injury.
Poor Sting, with Godlobin now heating and the possible return of Galchenyuk, they could have been a threat.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:25 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Injured. Torn meniscus, happened late in the gold medal game. His season is over.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:05 PM
calder candidate

In the Cap world burning a year of he EL contract on a half season with a team that will strugle doesn't seem like the best option I think it better off going to camp playing maxium amount of game sent him back to OHL after they get eliminated we bring him up to the AHL if they are still playing.

FYI Torn meniscus shouldn't keep Murphy for the rest of the season... He must have ligament damaged...

Old
01-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Galchenyuk's cap hit is similar to Bourque's...can they even fit him?

Old
01-11-2013, 12:06 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
This. And I don't get how gomez and galchenyuk can cohabitate. Is gomez really going to center the 4th line?

Old
01-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Depends on what kind of bonuses he has on it and whether he's likely to meet them. ELC Bonuses are technically on the cap but only the base salary is considered for the purpose of the cap ceiling. Thing is if you go over the cap on a bonus its taken from next years cap.

It might be that his cap hit is effectively only .9 million this year

Old
01-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
Seeing how Plekanek had good chimistry with Kovalev and also Jagr. IMO Gally has a simillar game the these guys and I would not be suprised if he ends up having just as good chimistry with Gally. The other thing to consider is that Gally is in game shape, he is on a high and his timing will likely be a big step in front of guys that have not played all year.

For all these reasons I believe if he gets a look on one of the top lines he will stick with the team. Plek has suffer from a lack of Talent on his line all year last year; he will want to make sure Gally sticks with him....
I imagine that most NHL players had at least some hockey exposure during the lockout.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Mr. Hab

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Cole
(why let DD have all the fun by playing with our TWO best power forwards? meanwhile...Pleks has to do all the defensive work without a single complaint).

In all seriousness...I'd like Galchy to get 5 games (not more)...it will be a great experience and he'll be more ready for next season...heck next season could be a tad early as well (AHL would be better suited for him but rules say no for Galchy and AHL if I'm correct)... imo I wish they could somehow change the rule for a few players...Galchy will be 19 in February, I think? 19 should be fine for the AHL (ex: for one 19yr-old player per team).

I want to see Galchy in a Hab jersey (just like anyone else here...lots of excitement), but...I also want to protect our Galchy (not rush him, and remember...he had a serious knee injury last season and missed an entire year...now we want him to be a Hab all of a sudden...things change quickly around here...he even had a slow start with the Sting early in the season and none of you would have mentioned the Habs+Galchy THIS season). We can't just be thinking about the entertainment value for our own pleasure/entertainment when deciding about Galchy...we have to think about Galchenyuk's future and how important it is to be patient towards such a special star prospect (patience will reward us Hab fans, imo). And, please don't mention Yakupov... the Oilers would be playing Beaulieu and Tinordi right now. They do what they do...we do what we do (what's best for our prospects).
He's only 18...if he makes the team it will seem very rushed (and it burns an entire ECL/82 game season for a 48 games season...plus we still have Kaberle, Bourque and Gomez's salaries).
Don't want to be a killjoy...just thinking of what is best for Galchy (5 games gives Galchy a good idea of what to expect for next season...he has all Spring and Summer to work on certain aspects of his game to be more ready for 2013-2014...and we don't burn 1 ECL year).

Closed Thread