HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL (Part XXXIX): (1/9: Leafs fire Brian Burke as GM; Dave Nonis steps in)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...jsZiYf8TE7AM0L

Brooks article on exactly how the season was saved and Bettman basically in my opinion out of touch with the players and fans
That's a cute story but sounds like a load of ******** made for the HRR (fans) to eat up and give these greedy ***** a heart and conscience.

01-10-2013, 07:38 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Bryz isn't even the problem. The defense in front of his is
It goes both ways. Bryz has really never been of elite caliber. He seems easily rattled.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:39 AM
DutchShamrock

This will go down as the worst Bettman's lockouts, which is quite a feat. Because the issues addressed will no longer be addressed very soon. Because actual key issues were never broached.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:44 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
That's a cute story but sounds like a load of ******** made for the HRR (fans) to eat up and give these greedy ***** a heart and conscience.
Mmm, greedy, right. How dare they stand up for themselves.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:23 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud
"I want to stay in St. Petersburg but I have contractual obligations in the NHL, which will be hard to break" - Kovalchuk to Sport-Express
I suggest Ilya relaxes & listens to some old "Blind Faith"

Old
01-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
"I want to stay in St. Petersburg but I have contractual obligations in the NHL, which will be hard to break" - Kovalchuk to Sport-Express
Slava Malamud (twitter) @SlavaMalamud (retweeted by Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie)

Quite interesting...what shall happen?

Old
01-10-2013, 11:25 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Dude gets paid and still hates New Jersey.

Ouch.

Also, i'll listen to that song in Kovy's honor, BBKers.

Old
01-10-2013, 11:57 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Thought this was funny:

Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull
Bryz also has the day off. Reportedly has cosmonaut training. #Flyers #NHL

Old
01-10-2013, 01:28 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Old
01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
If there's any question as to where Kovalchuk's loyalty lies it should be clear now - with HIMSELF. Signing with NJ was nothing more than a personal payday and it's increasingly evident that he's not loyal to that organization nor his teammates.
I don't know about that. He showed he cared in the playoffs last year and players don't get paid during that period.

Old
01-10-2013, 04:01 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I don't know about that. He showed he cared in the playoffs last year and players don't get paid during that period.
This is getting OT, but i hate the "players don't get paid in the playoffs" line of thought. Just because a cheque doesn't come during that period doesn't mean you don't get paid for the playoffs. You get paid to play a full season of hockey, including pre-season, reg season and playoffs (if your team is good enough to make it)

Old
01-10-2013, 04:29 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Read the tweet above...

Old
01-10-2013, 05:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Man, I almost forgot how much of a ****** Chris Pronger is.

Is he definitely out for the season still? Sad to see him go that way but I can't help but hope he's absent on Philly's blueline.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:05 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

Is he definitely out for the season still? Sad to see him go that way but I can't help but hope he's absent on Philly's blueline.
Their team is castrated without him.

Old
01-10-2013, 06:10 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

Pretty sure his career is done.

I think I also read on HF that he bought a house or relocated elsewhere in the country (away from Philly)?

With his older age and the severity of his concussion I think the Flyers have known for awhile now that he will not be part of the future plans.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:59 PM
darko

I'd be shocked if Kovy stays in Russia.

Also shocked by the timing of Burkie's firing more than anything else.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:06 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Trying to think seriously about this situation, but it's hard as I'm not in the shoes of Devils fans. After reading quotes like that from Kovalchuk, I mean, I know the dude is an integral part of your team, but after reading those quotes, how could you cheer for a guy like that?

If Rick Nash fell in love with Switzerland, and said **** like "I don't want to be in New York, but I'm contractually obligated" I like to think I'd say: well, **** Rick Nash, have fun in Switzerland.

Again, tough to truly empathize until you're there.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:43 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Trying to think seriously about this situation, but it's hard as I'm not in the shoes of Devils fans. After reading quotes like that from Kovalchuk, I mean, I know the dude is an integral part of your team, but after reading those quotes, how could you cheer for a guy like that?

If Rick Nash fell in love with Switzerland, and said **** like "I don't want to be in New York, but I'm contractually obligated" I like to think I'd say: well, **** Rick Nash, have fun in Switzerland.

Again, tough to truly empathize until you're there.
Yeah... Imagine Henke went to play in the SEL during the lockout and made comments about wanting to stay there but it being too hard to break his contractual obligations with the Rangers/NHL??? This board would be in a frenzy, lol. Plus if you read the Devils' board they have posted some blurbs which indicate his agent is remaining rather tight-lipped about the 'issue' which raises some suspicion/concern.

Edit, check out this recent article. Suggests Kovy wants to finish the KHL season and return to NJ in the fall or for the playoffs (April), LOL:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...e-khl/related/

I'm sorry but what a primadonna.... There have to be a few Devils' execs face-palming themselves over this right now.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 01-10-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old
01-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Yeah... Imagine Henke went to play in the SEL during the lockout and made comments about wanting to stay there by it being too hard to break his contractual obligations with the Rangers/NHL??? This board would be in a frenzy, lol. Plus if you read the Devils' board they have posted some blurbs which indicate his agent is remaining rather tight-lipped about the 'issue' which raises suspicion.

Edit, check out this recent article. Suggests Kovy wants to finish the KHL season and return to NJ in the fall or for the playoffs (April), LOL:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...e-khl/related/

I'm sorry but what a primadonna.... There have to be a few Devils' execs face-palming themselves over this right now.
Oh My God. Just look at the self-entitlement. He thinks the Devils will let him play in Russia for the entire season, and then let him come back for the playoffs like everything is good and jolly? What NHL franchise would be OK with that? What's he owed for the remainder of his contract? 84 million? Don't worry, Kovy, i'd hate it, but I'm sure that the Devils would find a way to spend that money. Perhaps (and oh God, I hope not) get it on the Getzlaf/Perry sweepstakes this summer.

Him staying in the KHL, IMO, guarantees the Devils a top 5 pick. And even if he does come back, IDK how he would be received by his teammates, especially considering that he would have likely been named captain this year. (Since Elias never wanted it)

Old
01-10-2013, 09:11 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Elias has stated that he thinks Kovie should be in camp with the rest of the team.

Canadian Press hockey writer/reporter Chris Johnston tweets that once the CBA is ratified, Datsyuk & Kovalchuk will only be permitted to participate in the KHL all-star game with their respective NHL team's persmission. Datsyuk has already been granted persmission to do so.

Old
01-11-2013, 03:34 AM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Quote:
Pretty sure his career is done.

I think I also read on HF that he bought a house or relocated elsewhere in the country (away from Philly)?

With his older age and the severity of his concussion I think the Flyers have known for awhile now that he will not be part of the future plans.
I think he relocated to St Louis.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:47 AM
94now

Quote:
Elias has stated that he thinks Kovie should be in camp with the rest of the team.

Canadian Press hockey writer/reporter Chris Johnston tweets that once the CBA is ratified, Datsyuk & Kovalchuk will only be permitted to participate in the KHL all-star game with their respective NHL team's persmission. Datsyuk has already been granted persmission to do so.
Do players get paid for camp? Wasn't it Bettman objective players should miss paycheck on 15TH? I don't think there is pay before Jan 31. If so, why not to collect some cash up in KHL? Kovy needs no camp as he is in game shape already. I wish he stays for All Star or longer. Rangers need no Kovalchuk.

Old
01-11-2013, 12:29 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Kovalchuk's quote that says he wants to stay in Russia is taken out of context. He wants to stay in Russia FOR the all-star game. He will be back and he is committed to the NHL. Keep looking for reasons to hate him because you can't take your Rangers glasses off though. Being Russian probably doesn't help him either. The guy played half the season in front of fans from his own home country. They voted him into their all-star game and are looking forward to seeing him. Now, RIGHT before that can happen, he's supposed to bounce back to NA. It's not that big of a deal that he wants to extend his stay and perform in the Russian ASG before coming back. He doesn't need camp, as he's been killing it overseas and we all know what line he'll be on, and it's not as if he's talking about missing games. He just wants to stay for the ASG. People just hate him because he's a Devil, and the stigma against Russian's doesn't help.

Old
01-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Do players get paid for camp? Wasn't it Bettman objective players should miss paycheck on 15TH? I don't think there is pay before Jan 31. If so, why not to collect some cash up in KHL? Kovy needs no camp as he is in game shape already. I wish he stays for All Star or longer. Rangers need no Kovalchuk.
I would guess that contracts normally stipulate a time frame during which the players get paid...the start of the season to the end, etc. So normally they probably don't get paid during training camp. However, this camp is in the middle of the "season" so there's a pretty good chance they will get paid

Old
01-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Bryz isn't even the problem. The defense in front of his is
No. Bryz is not a very good goaltender.

Closed Thread