HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread IV (Playoffs?!?! Edition)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2013, 02:56 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Apparently the NBC Sports Network show "Turning Point", or something like that, has audio of a conversation between Griffin and Trent Williams shortly after Griffin "tweaked" his knee in the 1st quarter:

Williams: Did you tweak your knee backing up?

Griffin: Yeah and it scared the **** out of me.

Griffin: Don't tell no one.

I am trying to find a link to this on the web.

Regardless if I have the exact words right or not, Griffin confirms to Williams he hurt his knee again and he asked Williams not to tell anyone.

Say what you want about Shanahan's responsibility in Griffin getting hurt, but this confirms my opinion that Griffin should shoulder the majority of the blame for not giving his coach an honest description of his health when asked. And this conversation backs my opinion up.

The kid acted in his own self interest wanting to stay in the game and the result was him blowing out his knee later on. In the end you need to be responsible for yourself, and not put your own personal goals ahead of the teams goals.

Seems like a glarying character flaw has surfaced with Griffin. Hope he grows out of it.

*edit*

Found a link for the audio/video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...Trent-Williams

Last edited by WetHog: 01-10-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old
01-10-2013, 03:01 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Apparently the NBC Sports Network show "Turning Point", or something like that, has audio of a conversation between Griffin and Trent Williams shortly after Griffin "tweaked" his knee in the 1st quarter:

Regardless if I have the exact words right or not, Griffin confirms to Williams he hurt his knee again and he asked Williams not to tell anyone.

Say what you want about Shanahan's responsibility in Griffin getting hurt, but this confirms my opinion that Griffin should shoulder the majority of the blame for not giving his coach an honest description of his health when asked. And this conversation backs my opinion up.

The kid acted in his own self interest wanting to stay in the game and the result was him blowing out his knee later on. In the end you need to be responsible for yourself, and not put your own personal goals ahead of the teams goals.

Seems like a glarying character flaw has surfaced with Griffin. Hope he grows out of it.
Except for the part where everyone in the whole world could see that he was injured and ineffective, except Shanahan apparently. And it's not hindsight... everyone I was watching the game with was screaming at the TV to take him out. And the play BEFORE he got injured (when he got sacked in that weird position), I mentioned out loud that his career was going to end during this game, and everyone in the room agreed. Then bam.

Also, Steve Young this week on PTI admitted that he'd never heard of a single football player tell his coach to take him out of the game because of an injury. Any good coach should know to put exactly zero stock in a player's health evaluation of themselves.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Yet Shanny is blaming RG3. Or, is saying he took RG3's words as the final say.

Damn the dude can't ever admit a mistake, can he.

If he couldn't see RG3 struggling, maybe he needs to retire and turn things over to Kyle 2 years early.

Andrews said he was fine it was very confusing on the sideline yeah he said he he was fine blah blah blah all lies

Old
01-10-2013, 03:34 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Kinda 'meh' about the whole thing. Hindsight is always 20/20.
Right. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I too was screaming at the TV before the 2nd TD to take him out. But you know what? If Shanny did, and Cousins was ineffective (he didn't take any snaps with the first team that week), then I would have been yelling as to why he took RG3 out.

It was a no win situation. If he had to do it all over again he clearly would have done things differently.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:37 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Why not take it a step further? Clean house of everyone. Hire Uncle Vinny back and see if Zorn is available. I bet he is.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
They were rolling with those first two TDs. Plus RG3 has been gimpy the last couple of games so can see why Shanahan didn't pull the trigger. I agree with my Dad's pov of the 60/40 blame (Shanahan/RG3) and that Shanahan, in hindsight, should have pulled him at half-time. But RG3 has to take some blame here. As others of mentioned he's learned something with this injury with just how much more he'll need to smart when running. Also I would think that Kyle and Co. would start moving to have more traditional pro offense elements to lessen the running attempts.

01-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
They were rolling with those first two TDs. Plus RG3 has been gimpy the last couple of games so can see why Shanahan didn't pull the trigger. I agree with my Dad's pov of the 60/40 blame (Shanahan/RG3) and that Shanahan, in hindsight, should have pulled him at half-time. But RG3 has to take some blame here. As others of mentioned he's learned something with this injury with just how much more he'll need to smart when running. Also I would think that Kyle and Co. would start moving to have more traditional pro offense elements to lessen the running attempts.
To the best of my recollection, none of his more significant injuries this season have been on designed runs. Both the concussion and knee injury were on scrambles. I highly doubt he is not going to scramble again if under pressure and he sees an opening. The designed runs have actually been pretty safe because the blocking was designed for them and he had a sense of where and how far to go before protecting himself.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:44 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
To the best of my recollection, none of his more significant injuries this season have been on designed runs. Both the concussion and knee injury were on scrambles. I highly doubt he is not going to scramble again if under pressure and he sees an opening. The designed runs have actually been pretty safe because the blocking was designed for them and he had a sense of where and how far to go before protecting himself.
The read option might go, but the offense Cousins ran in the Cleveland game is how the Skins offense looks with a QB that doesn't possess the prowess that Griffin does. So design runs might disappear, but Griffin using his speed to bootleg out will be apart of any offense Griffin runs so long as a Shanahan is calling the plays. And Griffin will be just as affective running that type of Shanahan offense as he did this past year out of the pistol whip offense.

Griffin will lose some of his athletic ability after this surgery, but Griffin was so much more faster than most of the defenders he faced this year he will still be a damn fast QB in the open field.

Also just ran into this:

Dan Hellie‏@DanHellie

Dr. Adickes (yes the former Redskin) - RG3's former Surgeon says 6-8 months & He expects him back for Regular season opener.

Old
01-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Capitlols

Of note, Dr. Adickes says the medial meniscus was also repaired.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Brian23

Apparently the ACL was done in a way, the first repair, to create fast recovery time vs. long term recovery. It was basically a ticking time bomb waiting to blow.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:36 PM
bonzilla

The looming shadow and conspicuous silence of Dan Snyder hovers all around this!..Shanny will find his "Deepthroat" once he gets fed up with taking the endless bullets for this fiasco..book it!

Old
01-10-2013, 08:47 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzilla View Post
The looming shadow and conspicuous silence of Dan Snyder hovers all around this!..Shanny will find his "Deepthroat" once he gets fed up with taking the endless bullets for this fiasco..book it!
Maybe he's dead!!!

Old
01-10-2013, 08:58 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Chris Johnson‏@CJsVictory

NBA Commish David Stern speaking tonight @ the Smithsonian. On handling of RG3 on Sunday: "I'm a fan. Get that kid out of there."

Old
01-10-2013, 09:16 PM
bonzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Maybe he's dead!!!
At some bar in West Charm, Vinny C. is buying a round.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:44 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadrupleDeke View Post
Except for the part where everyone in the whole world could see that he was injured and ineffective, except Shanahan apparently. And it's not hindsight... everyone I was watching the game with was screaming at the TV to take him out. And the play BEFORE he got injured (when he got sacked in that weird position), I mentioned out loud that his career was going to end during this game, and everyone in the room agreed. Then bam.

Also, Steve Young this week on PTI admitted that he'd never heard of a single football player tell his coach to take him out of the game because of an injury. Any good coach should know to put exactly zero stock in a player's health evaluation of themselves.
Good stuff. I don't think Shanahan should be or will be fired but he should be taking a lot of criticism for ignoring what was clear to all watching.

I hope RG3 wouldn't lie like that, but if he did, I hope there's validation and public humiliation to make him grow up.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:46 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post

*edit*

Found a link for the audio/video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...Trent-Williams
Totally agree with this part, but Shanhan is just as culpable for ignoring what anyone watching objectively saw plain as day.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:56 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Totally agree with this part, but Shanhan is just as culpable for ignoring what anyone watching objectively saw plain as day.
I'll go 50/50 on blame, but when you read and listen to local sports media its Shanahan's fault alone and he should be tared and feathered. Yes it sucks Griffin is significantly hurt and his availability for the start of next season is in question, but enough of the dramatics in the media ginning up ******** for the sole purpose of whipping up a false frenzy.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:04 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Hmm that NFL video is pulled now. If that's true and RG3 lied, he should get called into Snyder's office with Allen and Shanahan and read the riot act about putting his career in jeopardy and how his ego cost his teammates a fair shot at winning.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Cush
-inator

It wasn't just Mara and the Giants behind the cap issues, the Eagles were in on it as well

From ES: (scroll down some)

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...nt-MET/page325

Quote:
JLC on the HTTR24-7 podcast confirming that this started by a joint memo by the Giants AND THE EAGLES!!!!!!!! Collusion against us and the Cowboys for sure. Go 20 minutes in.

From the Podcast:
JLC: "...look, the Eagles and the Giants were behind that. They're the ones that brought that issue to the league...."
Link at the page, it won't let me post it

Old
01-11-2013, 09:01 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
I can see why the Giants and Eagles colluded being in our division; as Dallas and Wash have been working the system more than other teams over the past decade, Dallas, 2 decades. I am almost fully convinced our 2 teams have worked the system the most.

Where we got screwed is other teams did it and went un-penalized. Payback is a beach. But this year is proof, you dont need to spend to the cap to compete.

I heard talk on 106.7 that the comparisons of Strasburg to RG3 are wrong, and I agree. They were 2 totally different situations and the only thing they have in common is the first name of the team.

Interesting how wrong Skins fans were on Laron Landry. He said FU to our doctors and will be drinking margarita's in Honolulu next month. And skins fans spent the first 9 weeks of the year complaining about our DBs and specifically, our FS play.

I heard Chris Chester say for next year, we need to improve our basic pass protections. I was thrilled to hear that. But I have a feeling, Mike will be heavily grading OL prospects on run blocking before pass blocking until he retires.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:51 AM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

via Bovada:

Will RG III start Week 1 of the 2013 NFL Regualr Season?
+150 Yes
-200 No

fwiw

Old
01-11-2013, 04:22 PM
txpd

wondering...if rgiii is not going to be back for next season, is this offense not perfect for tebow?

Old
01-11-2013, 04:35 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
wondering...if rgiii is not going to be back for next season, is this offense not perfect for tebow?
Perfect for Tebow to what? Suck in? I guess the answer is yes.

Old
01-11-2013, 04:38 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

With the new Jacksonville GM saying there is now scenario he can see where Tebow joins the Jaguars, I think its time for Timmy to start thinking of a position change if he wants to continue a STARTING NFL career. He is nothing more than a novelty option at QB.

I think he could be an excellent TE/FB/HB hybrid type of guy. He makes plays with the ball in his hands. Or should I say he makes plays running with the ball in his hands.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:05 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Id take Tebow as a back up to Cousins in a heartbeat. And then 3rd string when RGIII comes back.

Closed Thread