HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Training Camp Invites

Old
01-09-2013, 11:10 AM
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

vCash: 500
Pittsburgh has invited Beau Bennett and Eric Tangradi from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. They are the leading scorers on the Penguins AHL team.

Bennett leads Wilkes-Barre/Scranton with 23 points in 28 games. Tangradi has 10 goals and 17 points.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#axzz2HRmSex3d

roready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:10 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
It's actually Sergei who said something about not coming back to NA. I know that AK said he never wanted to leave Montreal in the first place last season.
Sergei has left the KHL and is headed back to Nashville. AK signed a KHL deal with no opt-out.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:18 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

According to the Tennessean, the only players being invited from Milwaukee are Chris Mueller, Jonathan Blum, Ryan Ellis, and possibly Austin Watson. Barry Trotz said on the radio this morning that Jeremy Smith was likely to be in camp as the third goaltender, as well.

Old
01-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Bergenheim, Matthias and Goc all injured themselves overseas.
well that stinks for them. are they all long term injuries though? Still cant see all of Kovalev, Kostitsyn , Svatos making it

Also Andrei Must have an out clause in KHL to even be at FLA camp

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:08 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
well that stinks for them. are they all long term injuries though? Still cant see all of Kovalev, Kostitsyn , Svatos making it

Also Andrei Must have an out clause in KHL to even be at FLA camp
Harvey Fialkov, who covers the Panthers says to not be surprised if the Panthers re-sign Sturm and 2 of the invitees make the team.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Tavaresfan91

https://twitter.com/stapenewsday/sta...38039462858752

Strome and Reinhart will be at islanders training camp

Tavaresfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 12:58 PM
SenzZen
Up Late With McBain

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerkChicken View Post
Not confirmed. Vancouver is 'one of the teams' according to article below.

Apparently Vancouver is also showing interest in Jason Arnott and Tom Kostopolous.

http://www.news1130.com/2013/01/08/c...medium=twitter
AV can never have enough guys to send out to get their head punched in.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 02:04 PM
The Flin Flon Bomber

I see that Étienne Marcoux is getting a look at the Flyers camp. Other than his stats I know nothing about him. Whats his future professional potential, if any.

The Flin Flon Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flin Flon Bomber View Post
I see that Étienne Marcoux is getting a look at the Flyers camp. Other than his stats I know nothing about him. Whats his future professional potential, if any.
? That's a weird one... how does a team bring an unsigned junior player to camp now? I thought they all had to be on lists cleared long ago?

Marcoux was at the Habs' camp in the summer, I don't recall that he turned many heads, but never followed the reports closely myself. Obviously the Q followers could say more. He was pretty shaky in the Subway Series against Russia, I thought, could not have been a good single game to go by. Hockey Canada had him on the radar, at least, and teams are looking to sign him, so in general he's probably worth a shot.

Cannot imagine he'd actually be at, or allowed to attend, an NHL camp right now, though?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:54 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
? That's a weird one... how does a team bring an unsigned junior player to camp now? I thought they all had to be on lists cleared long ago?

Marcoux was at the Habs' camp in the summer, I don't recall that he turned many heads, but never followed the reports closely myself. Obviously the Q followers could say more. He was pretty shaky in the Subway Series against Russia, I thought, could not have been a good single game to go by. Hockey Canada had him on the radar, at least, and teams are looking to sign him, so in general he's probably worth a shot.

Cannot imagine he'd actually be at, or allowed to attend, an NHL camp right now, though?
If you click on the source, that was from last August when he was asked to come to camp. I doubt you see any unsigned juniors in camps this week, not even sure if it's allowed.

Old
01-09-2013, 08:50 PM
The Flin Flon Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
If you click on the source, that was from last August when he was asked to come to camp. I doubt you see any unsigned juniors in camps this week, not even sure if it's allowed.
Ahhh. I was a little confused about it myself, but I figured I was mistaken. Someone should probably should fix that list on the second post.

The Flin Flon Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:51 AM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Sergei has left the KHL and is headed back to Nashville. AK signed a KHL deal with no opt-out.
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...out-continues/

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:52 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
Pittsburgh has invited Beau Bennett and Eric Tangradi from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. They are the leading scorers on the Penguins AHL team.

Bennett leads Wilkes-Barre/Scranton with 23 points in 28 games. Tangradi has 10 goals and 17 points.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#axzz2HRmSex3d
Not really sure these two can be seen as invitees since they are Pittsburgh prospects/properties.

I would assume most all teams are bringing in each and every body they feel has a legitimate chance of playing for them right off the bat or at some point in the shortened season.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

As others posted, Radek Martinek looks to be at camp with the New York Islanders.

Would have to think that others will be brought in. Also, would think a guy like recent Islander and current UFA Mark Eaton might be brought back.

As things are, with Lubomir Visnovsky apparently remaining in Bratislava for the duration of this season, the Islanders currently only have Mark Streit, Travis Hamonic, Andy MacDonald and Matt Carkner as viable NHL defensemen.

Top defensive prospect Calvin de Haan is out for the season with shoulder problems.

Recent #4 overall draft pick Griffin Reinhart will be at camp as will supposedly Bridgeport defensemen Matt Donovan (17 points in 34 AHL games). Other thinkable AHL possibilities are currently only Ty Wishart who himself only has 5 points and a -2 rating in 29 AHL games this season. Aaron Ness recently suffered a head injury. In addition, two other AHL defensemen were recently injured, so the team is terribly thin at the AHL level as well.

The team is CLEARLY in need of NHL-capable defensemen and will likely bring in a player or two for camp or will see which defensemen slip through other team's camps.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:06 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
He later said that Russian media misquoted him, but at any rate, he's back in Nashville and chose to remove himself from the KHL allstar game, soo...

Old
01-10-2013, 10:22 AM
jameswrjobe53

per eliteprospects, Matt Gilroy will be attending NYR's camp

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:26 AM
LAPPY13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
As others posted, Radek Martinek looks to be at camp with the New York Islanders.

Would have to think that others will be brought in. Also, would think a guy like recent Islander and current UFA Mark Eaton might be brought back.

As things are, with Lubomir Visnovsky apparently remaining in Bratislava for the duration of this season, the Islanders currently only have Mark Streit, Travis Hamonic, Andy MacDonald and Matt Carkner as viable NHL defensemen.

Top defensive prospect Calvin de Haan is out for the season with shoulder problems.

Recent #4 overall draft pick Griffin Reinhart will be at camp as will supposedly Bridgeport defensemen Matt Donovan (17 points in 34 AHL games). Other thinkable AHL possibilities are currently only Ty Wishart who himself only has 5 points and a -2 rating in 29 AHL games this season. Aaron Ness recently suffered a head injury. In addition, two other AHL defensemen were recently injured, so the team is terribly thin at the AHL level as well.

The team is CLEARLY in need of NHL-capable defensemen and will likely bring in a player or two for camp or will see which defensemen slip through other team's camps.
I think the Islanders might have to try and sign ex Islander Chris Campoli. Best UFA available of a very weak bunch. Kurtis Foster is second best option available. Both guys will get NHL contracts from a team as soon as new CBA is signed. Otherwise look for Islanders to rush Griffin Reinhart into NHL this season.

LAPPY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:43 AM
jameswrjobe53

Caley wrote this:
"The word(s) on some remaining UFAs

ROLSTON, BRIAN: Per Will DePaoli, TIOPS: "Agent Steve Bartlett taking calls on veteran F Brian Rolston but says it will have to be right situation for Rolston to play this season."

TURCO, MARTY: Per his own twitter account is working with a flexibility coach in Dallas

KOSTOPOULOS, TOM: Is rumored Vancouver talked to his agent last summer, scuttlebutt has them interested in bringing him to camp.

LEBLOND, PIERRE-LUC: Is still training and hoping to play per his own Twitter account

LALONDE-MCNICOLL, CEDRIC: Appears to be playing university hockey per his own twitter account

MORRISON, BRENDAN: Per Calgary Sun: Was a member of player's negotiating committee, is entertaining whether or not he'll play: "Do I feel I can play? Yes, I do. Am I absolutely dying to play? No, but I would like to play if it's the right situation and I'm a good fit."

BOYCE, DARRYL: Played for Hamilton of AHL, but was released from contract. Nothing further

DVORAK, RADEK: Has been working out with Florida Panthers players

STURM, MARCO: Per Panthers writer Harvey Fialkov: "Don't be stunned if Panthers re-sign Marco Sturm and at least 2 invitees make team. Santorelli could be in trouble." Meanwhile, George Richards who also covers Panthers says Sturm says he has interest from a few teams but Florida is not one of them.)

MITERA, MARK: Had a try-out with St. John's of the AHL but was released.

GRAHAME, JOHN: Listed as Sioux City of the USHL's goalie coach (where he coached before coming out of retirement to dress for the Isles down the stretch), so it's likely he has retired again.

PANDOLFO, JAY: Skating with Boston Bruins players this week.

LANGKOW, DAYMOND: Was rumored in early January to be retiring but I see no confirmation anywhere.

SAUER, KURT: Hasn't played since in years due to a concussion.

JOHNSON, BRENT: Has been skating and practicing with the Pittsburgh Penguins players.

MOORE, DOMINIC: Took time off to be with his ailing wife who, unfortunately, recently passed away.

VANDERMEER, JIM: There were rumors that Vancouver was looking to invite him to camp, but today Comcast reports that San Jose has been in touch with him, as well.

WHITE, COLIN: Some speculation that Ottawa might be interested in him.

WINCHESTER, BRAD: Attended a skating camp with a handful of NHL players in early January.

ARNOTT, JASON: Is skating with Dallas Stars players, including wearing a Dallas jersey, leading to speculation he will be invited to camp or signed soon, though Dallas beat writer Mike Heika does not believe the Stars have any interest in signing him. His agent stated that while Vancouver was interested in him last summer, his sense is their interest has "Waned".

CHEECHOO, JONATHAN: Some guy claims he will sign with an NHL team after the lock-out, but mostly no talk about him.

HUSKINS, KENT: Was practicing with Anaheim players last week, per Eric Stephens.

KNUBLE, MIKE: Has been skating with Grand Rapids, per Stephen Wyno: his status is "up in the air"

JONES, RANDY: Skated during lock-out with St. John's AHL players"

jameswrjobe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:09 PM
couture23
Sabres & Red Sox

John Gibson will attend Anaheim's training camp fresh off his gold medal at the WJC's.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:30 PM
GCM
Stork

I hope we get Barker on a cheap tryout contract. I think he can be great for us.

Plus we can never be too deep on the back end.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
caley

RDS reporting that Andrei Kostitsyn has decided to remain in the KHL for the rest of the season.

Old
01-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
RDS reporting that Andrei Kostitsyn has decided to remain in the KHL for the rest of the season.
Weird, he didnt have out clause anyway right? Gives Svatos or Kovalev a better shot at making it in FLA now. Unless they do indeed go out and get Sturm as well

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:20 PM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswrjobe53 View Post
Caley wrote this:
"The word(s) on some remaining UFAs

ROLSTON, BRIAN: Per Will DePaoli, TIOPS: "Agent Steve Bartlett taking calls on veteran F Brian Rolston but says it will have to be right situation for Rolston to play this season."

TURCO, MARTY: Per his own twitter account is working with a flexibility coach in Dallas

KOSTOPOULOS, TOM: Is rumored Vancouver talked to his agent last summer, scuttlebutt has them interested in bringing him to camp.

LEBLOND, PIERRE-LUC: Is still training and hoping to play per his own Twitter account

LALONDE-MCNICOLL, CEDRIC: Appears to be playing university hockey per his own twitter account

MORRISON, BRENDAN: Per Calgary Sun: Was a member of player's negotiating committee, is entertaining whether or not he'll play: "Do I feel I can play? Yes, I do. Am I absolutely dying to play? No, but I would like to play if it's the right situation and I'm a good fit."

BOYCE, DARRYL: Played for Hamilton of AHL, but was released from contract. Nothing further

DVORAK, RADEK: Has been working out with Florida Panthers players

STURM, MARCO: Per Panthers writer Harvey Fialkov: "Don't be stunned if Panthers re-sign Marco Sturm and at least 2 invitees make team. Santorelli could be in trouble." Meanwhile, George Richards who also covers Panthers says Sturm says he has interest from a few teams but Florida is not one of them.)

MITERA, MARK: Had a try-out with St. John's of the AHL but was released.

GRAHAME, JOHN: Listed as Sioux City of the USHL's goalie coach (where he coached before coming out of retirement to dress for the Isles down the stretch), so it's likely he has retired again.

PANDOLFO, JAY: Skating with Boston Bruins players this week.

LANGKOW, DAYMOND: Was rumored in early January to be retiring but I see no confirmation anywhere.

SAUER, KURT: Hasn't played since in years due to a concussion.

JOHNSON, BRENT: Has been skating and practicing with the Pittsburgh Penguins players.

MOORE, DOMINIC: Took time off to be with his ailing wife who, unfortunately, recently passed away.

VANDERMEER, JIM: There were rumors that Vancouver was looking to invite him to camp, but today Comcast reports that San Jose has been in touch with him, as well.

WHITE, COLIN: Some speculation that Ottawa might be interested in him.

WINCHESTER, BRAD: Attended a skating camp with a handful of NHL players in early January.

ARNOTT, JASON: Is skating with Dallas Stars players, including wearing a Dallas jersey, leading to speculation he will be invited to camp or signed soon, though Dallas beat writer Mike Heika does not believe the Stars have any interest in signing him. His agent stated that while Vancouver was interested in him last summer, his sense is their interest has "Waned".

CHEECHOO, JONATHAN: Some guy claims he will sign with an NHL team after the lock-out, but mostly no talk about him.

HUSKINS, KENT: Was practicing with Anaheim players last week, per Eric Stephens.

KNUBLE, MIKE: Has been skating with Grand Rapids, per Stephen Wyno: his status is "up in the air"

JONES, RANDY: Skated during lock-out with St. John's AHL players"
Heika gets his panties in a bunch every time over the old guys. It's hilarious.

FrailSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Mark Mitera signed with an ECHL team.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:15 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Is AK just cut his ties with NHL forever???

It is not like he is doing great in KHL either...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote