HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bring one of Iginla, Perry, Ryan to Pittsburgh

Old
01-10-2013, 02:21 PM
TorstenFrings
lebenslang grünweiss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
Pittsburgh is one of the few places I wouldn't mind Iginla being traded to.

Would Pens fans be opposed to Morrow, Tangradi and a 1st?
I think the main question here is, does the Pens defense/goaltending look "rebounded" enough for Iginla to reasonably be the final piece.
I don`t think any prospect should be completely off limit for someone like Iggy, but it can`t be answered now, because it depends on what Iginla, Tangradi and the whole Pens D are looking like before the deadline.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Bennett Brauer

I know we don't need another superstar player and I'm not asking for one. I'm more willing to let our prospects develop and shape our team, I think Bennett could be awesome on Crosby or Malkin's wing.

I say the Pens should just build through the draft and free agency now unless a team makes an offer the Penguins can't refuse (Goligoski for Neal and Niskanen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Fair enough, didn't mean just you a lot of people have done it in this thread.

At least you didn't spell it Jarmoe.
Yeah I know, that's true.

Last edited by SixthSens: 01-11-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Bennett Brauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:04 PM
TylerSVT*

Iginla + Crosby = easy 50 goal season for Iggy.

Guy almost hit 50 playing with Alex Tanguay and Stajan as his Center...

I think Iginla is aging, but him on the Pens makes them an instant cup favourite, I would liken it to Ray Bourque going to Colorado.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:08 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson55 View Post
Let u know in a few weeks on him, but still might be a little much for a month or 2 of Iggy.

But not far off, especially since i could see Jerome resigning in Pitt at a reasonable rate to play for a cup
May be a only a few months but it is a full season of Iginla not to mention Calgary can keep half his cap hit making his cap hit into 3.5 million which makes it much easier for Pitts to resign there RFA's than if he was at 7 million.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Zen Arcade
Seen Spaling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
i guess the way i am looking at things, the Pens are still serious cup contenders, but haven't won it for a couple of years...i'm suggesting if Iginla was the scoring winger that helped you get over the top to win a cup, wouldn't it be worth it for an Olli Maata and a pick let's say? keep in mind that the Rangers added their own scoring winger in Rick Nash and bit the bullet and gave up a young veteran in Brandon Dubinsky, young kids Artem Anisimov and Tim Erixon as well as their 1st round pick in 2013.
the Rangers did this to try to win a cup and sacrificed some youth and a pick to do it, knowing they still had some good depth in the system even after trading some of their kids and the pick. maybe the Pens don't need to do anything, but if Iginla or Bobby Ryan became available, if i were the Pens i'd be looking into it for sure and the Rangers may be one of the teams the Pens might have to try to beat to get to the finals.
That would be worth it for sure, but the proposal we were referring to was 2 of the Pens' prospect defensemen, Beau Bennett and a 1st. That's a lot less attractive and could have long term consequences.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:25 PM
TorstenFrings
lebenslang grünweiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
May be a only a few months but it is a full season of Iginla not to mention Calgary can keep half his cap hit making his cap hit into 3.5 million which makes it much easier for Pitts to resign there RFA's than if he was at 7 million.
PIT does have zero cap trouble this season and very little next season. The big changes on the horizon are Letang and Malkin 14/15. None of the current contracts of the players named in this thread are a problem for the Pens.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:33 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
PIT does have zero cap trouble this season and very little next season. The big changes on the horizon are Letang and Malkin 14/15. None of the current contracts of the players named in this thread are a problem for the Pens.
Fair enough I would still be asking for Despres/Morrow + 1st for Iginla.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:38 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
Forgot About Sid

Morrow and a 2nd and we have a deal.

You're not getting a top prospect and a 1st for Iggy turning UFA.

Sentiment =/= NHL value

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:40 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
Morrow and a 2nd and we have a deal.

You're not getting a top prospect and a 1st for Iggy turning UFA.

Sentiment =/= NHL value
With his effective trading cap being 3.5 many more teams can trade for him there will be a bigger bidding war than under the old CBA Morrow + 1st.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Reverend Mayhem
Fire this man

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
There's no way in hell we'd give up a highly touted prospect like Maatta for someone who is approaching his final years, for such a big cap hit when the cap is coming down and we have players to re-sign which'll leave us with little to no room to improve elsewhere, it makes it a no from Pittsburgh with ease.
In a world where prospects are more important to a Stanley Cup contender than a 500-goal scorer comes....this guy.

Coming soon to a theatre near you, a story of a man desperate to maybe win another Cup in 7 years...a heart-warming tale of an HF poster and his undying love of Olli Maatta. He is, the Maatta Whisperer.

EDIT: OK, maybe too far but I'm not trying to be mean so much as I should not take up comedy any time soon.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:42 PM
TorstenFrings
lebenslang grünweiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Fair enough I would still be asking for Despres/Morrow + 1st for Iginla.
And depending on the situation at the deadline, I am still not opposed to it.

Old
01-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

i could live with Després and a 1st.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:49 PM
domaug*

i'm just not a fan of the value of Iginla's contract after this season (i don't even count this season since the lockout is causing player "value" to be pro-rated). that's certainly not to say he's not worth $7M, because he's done enough to warrant that kind of value in today's NHL. i'm just suggesting the Pens need to use some of their cap space to land a REAL defensive-minded defenseman. they NEED a defenseman more than they need a top-6 winger.

however, assuming money wasn't an issue to the Pens, here's what i wouldn't mind seeing:

TO PIT:
Jarome Iginla

TO CGY:
any one of Simon Despres, Derrick Pouliot, OR Olli Maatta
Conditional 1st-Round Pick
--CONDITION: If Iginla re-signs with PIT, the pick is 1st-round. If not, the pick is 2nd-round.

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
BigBenSF*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
Agreed.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Ace Rimmer
What a guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post
i'm just not a fan of the value of Iginla's contract after this season (i don't even count this season since the lockout is causing player "value" to be pro-rated). that's certainly not to say he's not worth $7M, because he's done enough to warrant that kind of value in today's NHL. i'm just suggesting the Pens need to use some of their cap space to land a REAL defensive-minded defenseman. they NEED a defenseman more than they need a top-6 winger.
Iginla doesn't have a contract after this season...

You want a defensive defenseman? Flames have those too.

Ace Rimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:15 PM
NeedleInTheHay

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupens View Post

however, assuming money wasn't an issue to the Pens, here's what i wouldn't mind seeing:

TO PIT:
Jarome Iginla

TO CGY:
any one of Simon Despres, Derrick Pouliot, OR Olli Maatta
Conditional 1st-Round Pick
--CONDITION: If Iginla re-signs with PIT, the pick is 1st-round. If not, the pick is 2nd-round.
that seems fair, or maybe just a straight 2nd round pick and a depth forward like tangradi/jeffery/kennedy going back

NeedleInTheHay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 107
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Agreed.
I would begrudgingly accept, which probably means its close to a fair deal.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Gliff
Salty

vCash: 1075
There are three situations that the Ducks will be going into after Getzlaf and Perry are signed or the leave.

1. The Ducks resign both Perry and Getzlaf. This would allow the Ducks to move Bobby for depth before he is up for a new contract that the Ducks simply cannot afford (all 3 getting something like 7 mil a year).

2. The Ducks lose 1 of Perry and Getzlaf. If this happens then I doubt Bobby will be moved. There will be no issue with money and the Ducks will have a huge need for top line forwards.

3. The Ducks lose both Getzlaf and Perry. I could see 2 possible situations from this happens. 1 would be a complete rebuild and they trade Bobby for futures/prospects. 2 is that they decide to build the future solely around Bobby and he becomes the face of the franchise.

So to me there is a 50/50 shot of him being traded. The problem is that the Pens just dont have what the Ducks need. They traded that man this past summer.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:12 PM
tfong
HFBoards Sponsor

As much as I think Maata is a top prospect, why is everyone making him out like the next Norris winner? At the end of the day he is still a prospect and very rarely does a single prospect get traded for a HoF player whom arguably still gives you 30 goals. Unless of course said prospect is of generational quality.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:13 PM
tfong
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I would begrudgingly accept, which probably means its close to a fair deal.
Add Beau Bennett and 2nd instead of the 1st and we got outselves a deal

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:19 PM
domaug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
As much as I think Maata is a top prospect, why is everyone making him out like the next Norris winner? At the end of the day he is still a prospect and very rarely does a single prospect get traded for a HoF player whom arguably still gives you 30 goals. Unless of course said prospect is of generational quality.
i could somewhat agree with this. if the Pens traded for Iginla right now, they know EXACTLY what they're getting. the Flames have no idea how the prospect sent their way would do until at least a season or two from now. however, the big difference in these discussions is that the Flames are guaranteed to hang on to Maatta for at least two more seasons while the Pens don't have that guarantee.

the only way the Pens could have that guarantee is if Iginla agrees to an extension with the Pens upon the trade. until that discussion takes place in that context, though, they have no reason to trade youth for only a half-season guaranteed for one player that doesn't fill an immediate need (although the player IS very good at his position).

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:24 PM
The Ultimate Warrior
F l a m e s

Quote:
What if you took the 2013 1st out and replaced it with Brian Dumoulin?

Després and Dumoulin for Iglina

instead of

Després + 2013 1st.

The Ultimate Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:34 PM
BigBenSF*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post

instead of

Després + 2013 1st.
hmm. I'd still do it.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:37 PM
PenguinTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post

instead of

Després + 2013 1st.
I would do it. Would rather trade Dumo than 1st rounder this year's draft. I would do Despres + 1st though, if that's the asking price.

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:50 PM
The Ultimate Warrior
F l a m e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
I would do it. Would rather trade Dumo than 1st rounder this year's draft. I would do Despres + 1st though, if that's the asking price.
I'm just a big fan of Dumoulin. I love big physical defence-man. If I had to pick, I'd take the 2013 1st rounder, but it would be close for me.

Last edited by The Ultimate Warrior: 01-10-2013 at 08:59 PM.
The Ultimate Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote