Top '97 for 2013 Q draft

Old
01-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Frankie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFX902 View Post
jordan king will not go in the first
i didn't think so either. isn't he more of a 4th or 5th rounder?

anyone from nfld that could go early? other than noel and picco. doesn't seem to be much hype about anyone in the nfld midget league.

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 02:56 PM
qc2nf

I am new to this and have been watching games in the Montreal area as well as the tournaments and I am impressed with the 97 group. I think the defense will be strong, I have seen 5 or 6 nice puck moving 97 def in AAA and 2 in espoir. There are 2 96 def who were undrafted last year as well that I like. I have not seen much of the maritime boys but from what I have read in this blog should be a good year for def.

qc2nf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2013, 06:42 PM
middlemanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuy98 View Post
Is there any sort of recent lists for this draft available
These lists are players that I have either seen or have followed this season and should have a good showing at the Icejam this weekend.

97's

F- Brett Tidman Valley Wildcats
F- Jean-Michel Leblanc Saint John Vitios
F- Jesse Hamer Halifax
F- Jordan Messenger South Shore
F- Jordan King Western Kings
F-Alexandre Jacob Moncton

D- Lucas Sangster Weeks Major
D- Bryceson Musgrave CB Tradesmen
D- Luc Deschenes Fredericton

96's

F- Nicholas Blanchard Valley Wildcats
F- Olivier Gendron Miramichi
F- Ethan Marsh Halifax
F- Andrew Shewfelt Dartmouth
F- Bradley Kennedy CB West
F- Joey Richard Moncton

D- Cavan Fitzgerald Cape Breton Tradesmen
D- Lee Dower Saitt John's Privateers
D- Logan McManaman Charlottetown

middlemanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:24 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlemanQ View Post
These lists are players that I have either seen or have followed this season and should have a good showing at the Icejam this weekend.

97's

F- Jesse Hamer Halifax

96's

F- Ethan Marsh Halifax
F- Joey Richard Moncton

Sangster and McManaman are not at all like any of these other players, no where near the skill. People are saying Colby Tower is having a great year, should add him to your list also. Will be interesting to see how JM Leblanc does now that Craft is gone.

Last edited by NBHockey: 01-08-2013 at 01:17 PM.
NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:11 AM
IslandScouter

Where is Craft gone?

IslandScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 12:39 PM
UncMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Sangster and McManaman is not at all like any of these other players, no where near the skill. People are saying Colby Tower is having a great year, should add him to your list also. Will be interesting to see how JM Leblanc does now that Craft is gone.
Seems like the Tradesmen shutdown both Tower and Kennedy the last couple of times they met thou..... If standings remain, their playoff series should be very competitive against each other...

UncMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Where is Craft gone?
Woodstock Slammers - Jr A on a permanent basis.

Old
01-08-2013, 04:22 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Woodstock Slammers - Jr A on a permanent basis.
that will hurt St John with him gone

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Maritimehockey87
Rookie User

There is another player that has come to my attention through some Hockey NS contacts. Cameron Cook is a Nova Scotia 97 thatis currently playing in the Empire Junior League in the US. I don't think he's appeared much on the q chatter as its been assumed he'll go to the OHL. However, he attended the Hockey NS development programs (w/ Lee, Bauld, Picard, Welsh etc.)and and from what i told had a strong showing. Given that he plays for hockey NS he would theoretically be more likely eligible only for the Q.

He's been posting good numbers for a November-born 97 playing in a league comprised of primarily 18-20 year olds

. http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...&seasonid=9219

Maritimehockey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Maritimehockey87
Rookie User

Cam Cook is another Nova Scotia-born 97 that hasn't appeared in much of the Q chatter. This is probably because he is playing in the Empire Junior League for a club in Rochester, NY and thus it was probably assumed he was property of the OHL. However, he did participate in the Hockey NS development camps this summer (along w/ Lee, Welsh, Picard and other mentioned above) and apparently had quite a strong showing. Because of his playing for hockeyNS he is carded in NS and thus eligible for the Q draft.

He's been putting up very solid numbers for a November born 97 plaing in a league comprised of mostly 18-20 year olds, skill to burn for what I've seen of him in the past, definitely worth a serious look in comparison to many of the other great p,ayers already mentioned on this thread.

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...&seasonid=9219

Maritimehockey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 05:25 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritimehockey87 View Post
Cam Cook is another Nova Scotia-born 97 that hasn't appeared in much of the Q chatter. This is probably because he is playing in the Empire Junior League for a club in Rochester, NY and thus it was probably assumed he was property of the OHL. However, he did participate in the Hockey NS development camps this summer (along w/ Lee, Welsh, Picard and other mentioned above) and apparently had quite a strong showing. Because of his playing for hockeyNS he is carded in NS and thus eligible for the Q draft.

He's been putting up very solid numbers for a November born 97 plaing in a league comprised of mostly 18-20 year olds, skill to burn for what I've seen of him in the past, definitely worth a serious look in comparison to many of the other great p,ayers already mentioned on this thread.

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro...&seasonid=9219
Never heard of him , if he is from Nova Scotia and away playing hockey in the US he would be eligable for the Q draft.

Old
01-10-2013, 07:32 AM
cgjoe64

Adam Howell did not participate with the Newfoundland POE this summer. He is living with his uncle who is now his guardian, so my guess is he will not be in the qmjhl draft

cgjoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:47 PM
UncMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlemanQ View Post

97's

F- Jesse Hamer Halifax

96's

F- Ethan Marsh Halifax
F- Joey Richard Moncton

Luv Deschenes just lost his cool and took a game misconduct with 5 min left.......that ain't looking too good

Old
01-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Daneurism

Heard good stuff on 2014 eligible, Luke Green. Anyone here seen him?

Daneurism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Dogpound

Moncton Flyers won there second Tournament of the year. Impressive showing going 6-0 and beating Valley Wildcats twice. Looks like a preview for the Atlantics final. Moncton and Valley is the finals for both tourneys.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 10:05 AM
IslandScouter

Vally, Moncton and Halifax are clearly the best in Atlantic Canada, lots of good games this weekend, what 2013 QMJHL draft prospects were people impressed with

IslandScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:17 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncMike View Post
Luv Deschenes just lost his cool and took a game misconduct with 5 min left.......that ain't looking too good
i thought he looked very ordinary all weekend. To be honest, other than being so strong physically and it's obvious as soon as he touches anyone His whole game at this point is very ordinary. Unless there is a drastic change, he will be at best (my opinion), a very good stay at home, tough physical dman in junior if he makes it.

He has to fix discipline issues, or, he better hope he can fight and that is never known until they play without a mask >

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Dogpound

Quote:
Vally, Moncton and Halifax are clearly the best in Atlantic Canada, lots of good games this weekend, what 2013 QMJHL draft prospects were people impressed with
I didn't get to see every team play but i got to see Moncton play a few times and they have some good 97's. Some that stood out to me were Jordan Boyd who plays at RNS looked really good and is a big body for a 97.
Will Bower for St John was pretty good too. Still fairly small and an average skater.
Colby Tower was decent from Cape Breton West, awful small though.
Kyle Ward from Moncton was very impressive. Definitely moved up on a lot of scouts lists after this weekend. MVP of the finals
Phillippe Myers from Moncton as well was very good. Got 2nd team all star for tournament.
Alexandre Jacob also very good. So small but doesn't shy away from the rough stuff and is very quick and shifty. Scored some big goals
Didn't get to see Duchenes but heard he wasn't very good and got kicked out of one game.
Peter Woulds is a really big body and play physical but takes way too many penalties and hurts his team. Miramichi a very undisciplined team. I think they could be a lot better if they were better coached.
A lot of good 96's in the tourney too. Blanchard, Shewfelt probably the top 2. Alex Gallant was invisible. Charlottetown had a really bad showing. Only scored 2 goals the whole tournament.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 12:25 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
I didn't get to see every team play but i got to see Moncton play a few times and they have some good 97's. Some that stood out to me were Jordan Boyd who plays at RNS looked really good and is a big body for a 97.
Will Bower for St John was pretty good too. Still fairly small and an average skater.
Kyle Ward from Moncton was very impressive. Definitely moved up on a lot of scouts lists after this weekend. MVP of the finals
Phillippe Myers from Moncton as well was very good. Got 2nd team all star for tournament.
Alexandre Jacob also very good. So small but doesn't shy away from the rough stuff and is very quick and shifty. Scored some big goals
Didn't get to see Duchenes but heard he wasn't very good and got kicked out of one game.
Peter Woulds is a really big body and play physical but takes way too many penalties and hurts his team. Miramichi a very undisciplined team. I think they could be a lot better if they were better coached.
A lot of good 96's in the tourney too. Blanchard, Shewfelt probably the top 2. Alex Gallant was invisible. Charlottetown had a really bad showing. Only scored 2 goals the whole tournament.
i would agree on all your assessments

Old
01-14-2013, 02:58 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
I thought Will Thompson from RNS was soild this weekend, and Bower as far as his size I think he is 5' 10 155( approx) that is not a bad size , as far Deschene when he is not very good he is still the best 97 D man, there were more 97's that had good weekends but I am not here to promote any team or player's.Myer's had a good weekend to bad he is not eligable for team NB U-16 he may of had a chance of making it.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:45 PM
UncMike

Does anyone know the dates and locations for this yrs combine and draft?

Old
01-15-2013, 10:14 PM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
I thought Will Thompson from RNS was soild this weekend, and Bower as far as his size I think he is 5' 10 155( approx) that is not a bad size , as far Deschene when he is not very good he is still the best 97 D man, there were more 97's that had good weekends but I am not here to promote any team or player's.Myer's had a good weekend to bad he is not eligable for team NB U-16 he may of had a chance of making it.
Why isn't Myers eligible for U16? I dont think there is anything that makes someone ineligible for that event. I would say he is fighting for a 4-6 spot on that team.

I have heard from several people as well that Will Thompson has surpassed Deschenes as the top 97 dman in the maritimes. Don't know if I would agree with that but Thompson has improved immensely over the past year and it is certainly a valid argument.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 03:31 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTinglebone View Post
Why isn't Myers eligible for U16? I dont think there is anything that makes someone ineligible for that event. I would say he is fighting for a 4-6 spot on that team.

I have heard from several people as well that Will Thompson has surpassed Deschenes as the top 97 dman in the maritimes. Don't know if I would agree with that but Thompson has improved immensely over the past year and it is certainly a valid argument.
i counted it up, i've watched deschenes play 12 times this year. On most nights, he's hard pressed to be seen as the top dman in his own team. His play has been undisciplined and very ordinary.
people who are expecting him to be picked in the top 5 or top 10, i think they could end up being very disappointed....

Old
01-16-2013, 05:22 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

U16 Team NB roster was released: http://www.hnb.ca/en/home/726-team-nb

This is a 6 team tournament format the first weekend of May, 2 Quebec teams and one from each Maritime Province.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:30 AM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTinglebone View Post

The U-16 roster is out and Myers is there I am just surprised as he was not at the summer camp he will help the team for sure and you are right 4-6 , I watched Thompson play this weekend and he was good but I did not see a huge improvement you have to remember RNS does not play in the tough midget league as the others do.When they all play together in Quebec this summer you will be able to get a better read of were they all fit in still not ready to throw Deschene under the bus he is a physical force and once he figures out how to control his emotions I think he will be fine,people need to remember these kids are just turning 16 and are the best in there age group.