HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Podcast Brian Burke shown the door.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 06:27 PM
  #1
WeWantACup
HFB Partner
 
WeWantACup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 498
vCash: 500
Podcast Brian Burke shown the door.

Was it personality, difference in opinion or just time? we talk about todays big news Burke Fired1 whats your thoughts

itunes
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...577173646?mt=2

MP3
http://podalmighty.com/leafsmatters/21-leafmatters.mp3

Watch Utube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laVr6jIItrA



Last edited by WeWantACup: 01-11-2013 at 01:10 PM.
WeWantACup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:55 PM
  #2
jimmycarter
Registered User
 
jimmycarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,936
vCash: 500
all of the above.

never occured to him he has to sometimes be diplomatic.
his self-imposed trade deadline was just stupid.
his team sucked and his time was up.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 06:59 PM
  #3
Leaf_Crazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
wow, this is awful

Leaf_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:13 PM
  #4
WeWantACup
HFB Partner
 
WeWantACup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycarter View Post
all of the above.

never occured to him he has to sometimes be diplomatic.
his self-imposed trade deadline was just stupid.
his team sucked and his time was up.
there is no arguing that, but why Nonis and is he a lame duck GM

WeWantACup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:40 PM
  #5
WhataStick
Registered User
 
WhataStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Toronto Maple leafs what a Mickey Mouse Operation!! Firing a GM days before training camp what a joke!! It's as bad as Montreal trading Cammereli during the second period last year!!. New owners are a Real class act Hah! Toronto won't win another stanley cup with idiots at corporate level making stupid decisions like that. Leaf organization makes 4 steps forward then get new owners & move 5 stepbackwards. Hey New owners Bell & Rogers ancient Rome was not built overnight. It takes time & effort to build a winning team. Mistakes will be made but pieces were being built so don't mess things up just when your almost there. Never mind boycotting Leaf games because of the lockout, boyott leaf games because incompetent owners do not know what they are doing!! Leaf fans are the losers!!
Brain Burke is a winner & he was going to bring back Toronto to glory - cause he was dedicated & passionate for the Leaf Fans. now you just setback the clock as if Toronto fans have not suffered enough.Idiot owners did not think of the fallout of the firing - how lower management, coaches & players are going to react .Yah Yah they are professionals -but they are also human with feelings . I'm sure they are rattled by this corporate decision.Burke was best man for the job no matter how long it was going to take. He was no push over- loyal & passionate to a fault. Try to find another GM with his qualities. Brian Burke was Too strong minded for these new corporate idiots at Bell & Rogers!! Yah they want a yes man but Burke runs his own show.
Some of you will disagree with my comments but anybody with any common sense will agree you don't fire a GM days away from training camp. Another lost season. Shame on you Bell & Rogers. These corporate idiots have let Leafs fans down just when things were starting to look good. I wish Mr. Norris the best in this awfull situation replacing your mentor for the second time. What a terrible position to put a guy through-Now I know why Leas have not won stanely cup since 1967 . It's a Mickey Mouse operation just look how they've hired & fired managers & coaches since 1969. It's a joke!!
It's hard to follow a team when they make stupid decsions like they did today. Agree or disagree with Burke's record. You just don't fire a GM days befor training camp & rattle the organization at its core.Enough already I said my piece .

WhataStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:43 PM
  #6
x94Galchenyuk94x*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataStick View Post
Toronto Maple leafs what a Mickey Mouse Operation!! Firing a GM days before training camp what a joke!! It's as bad as Montreal trading Cammereli during the second period last year!!. New owners are a Real class act Hah! Toronto won't win another stanley cup with idiots at corporate level making stupid decisions like that. Leaf organization makes 4 steps forward then get new owners & move 5 stepbackwards. Hey New owners Bell & Rogers ancient Rome was not built overnight. It takes time & effort to build a winning team. Mistakes will be made but pieces were being built so don't mess things up just when your almost there. Never mind boycotting Leaf games because of the lockout, boyott leaf games because incompetent owners do not know what they are doing!! Leaf fans are the losers!!
Brain Burke is a winner & he was going to bring back Toronto to glory - cause he was dedicated & passionate for the Leaf Fans. now you just setback the clock as if Toronto fans have not suffered enough.Idiot owners did not think of the fallout of the firing - how lower management, coaches & players are going to react .Yah Yah they are professionals -but they are also human with feelings . I'm sure they are rattled by this corporate decision.Burke was best man for the job no matter how long it was going to take. He was no push over- loyal & passionate to a fault. Try to find another GM with his qualities. Brian Burke was Too strong minded for these new corporate idiots at Bell & Rogers!! Yah they want a yes man but Burke runs his own show.
Some of you will disagree with my comments but anybody with any common sense will agree you don't fire a GM days away from training camp. Another lost season. Shame on you Bell & Rogers. These corporate idiots have let Leafs fans down just when things were starting to look good. I wish Mr. Norris the best in this awfull situation replacing your mentor for the second time. What a terrible position to put a guy through-Now I know why Leas have not won stanely cup since 1967 . It's a Mickey Mouse operation just look how they've hired & fired managers & coaches since 1969. It's a joke!!
It's hard to follow a team when they make stupid decsions like they did today. Agree or disagree with Burke's record. You just don't fire a GM days befor training camp & rattle the organization at its core.Enough already I said my piece .

x94Galchenyuk94x* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 10:49 PM
  #7
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataStick View Post
Toronto Maple leafs what a Mickey Mouse Operation!! Firing a GM days before training camp what a joke!! It's as bad as Montreal trading Cammereli during the second period last year!!. New owners are a Real class act Hah! Toronto won't win another stanley cup with idiots at corporate level making stupid decisions like that. Leaf organization makes 4 steps forward then get new owners & move 5 stepbackwards. Hey New owners Bell & Rogers ancient Rome was not built overnight. It takes time & effort to build a winning team. Mistakes will be made but pieces were being built so don't mess things up just when your almost there. Never mind boycotting Leaf games because of the lockout, boyott leaf games because incompetent owners do not know what they are doing!! Leaf fans are the losers!!
Brain Burke is a winner & he was going to bring back Toronto to glory - cause he was dedicated & passionate for the Leaf Fans. now you just setback the clock as if Toronto fans have not suffered enough.Idiot owners did not think of the fallout of the firing - how lower management, coaches & players are going to react .Yah Yah they are professionals -but they are also human with feelings . I'm sure they are rattled by this corporate decision.Burke was best man for the job no matter how long it was going to take. He was no push over- loyal & passionate to a fault. Try to find another GM with his qualities. Brian Burke was Too strong minded for these new corporate idiots at Bell & Rogers!! Yah they want a yes man but Burke runs his own show.
Some of you will disagree with my comments but anybody with any common sense will agree you don't fire a GM days away from training camp. Another lost season. Shame on you Bell & Rogers. These corporate idiots have let Leafs fans down just when things were starting to look good. I wish Mr. Norris the best in this awfull situation replacing your mentor for the second time. What a terrible position to put a guy through-Now I know why Leas have not won stanely cup since 1967 . It's a Mickey Mouse operation just look how they've hired & fired managers & coaches since 1969. It's a joke!!
It's hard to follow a team when they make stupid decsions like they did today. Agree or disagree with Burke's record. You just don't fire a GM days befor training camp & rattle the organization at its core.Enough already I said my piece .
That's a hell of a 2nd post my friend.

I agree on many things you stated.

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2013, 11:11 PM
  #8
diceman934
Registered User
 
diceman934's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Posts: 6,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataStick View Post
Toronto Maple leafs what a Mickey Mouse Operation!! Firing a GM days before training camp what a joke!! It's as bad as Montreal trading Cammereli during the second period last year!!. New owners are a Real class act Hah! Toronto won't win another stanley cup with idiots at corporate level making stupid decisions like that. Leaf organization makes 4 steps forward then get new owners & move 5 stepbackwards. Hey New owners Bell & Rogers ancient Rome was not built overnight. It takes time & effort to build a winning team. Mistakes will be made but pieces were being built so don't mess things up just when your almost there. Never mind boycotting Leaf games because of the lockout, boyott leaf games because incompetent owners do not know what they are doing!! Leaf fans are the losers!!
Brain Burke is a winner & he was going to bring back Toronto to glory - cause he was dedicated & passionate for the Leaf Fans. now you just setback the clock as if Toronto fans have not suffered enough.Idiot owners did not think of the fallout of the firing - how lower management, coaches & players are going to react .Yah Yah they are professionals -but they are also human with feelings . I'm sure they are rattled by this corporate decision.Burke was best man for the job no matter how long it was going to take. He was no push over- loyal & passionate to a fault. Try to find another GM with his qualities. Brian Burke was Too strong minded for these new corporate idiots at Bell & Rogers!! Yah they want a yes man but Burke runs his own show.
Some of you will disagree with my comments but anybody with any common sense will agree you don't fire a GM days away from training camp. Another lost season. Shame on you Bell & Rogers. These corporate idiots have let Leafs fans down just when things were starting to look good. I wish Mr. Norris the best in this awfull situation replacing your mentor for the second time. What a terrible position to put a guy through-Now I know why Leas have not won stanely cup since 1967 . It's a Mickey Mouse operation just look how they've hired & fired managers & coaches since 1969. It's a joke!!
It's hard to follow a team when they make stupid decsions like they did today. Agree or disagree with Burke's record. You just don't fire a GM days befor training camp & rattle the organization at its core.Enough already I said my piece .
The best time to fire a person .....is when you first decide it. The new owners have not been in Control all that long and if they did this right away they would be accused of not giving Burke a chance. I'm sure that they have had many meetings and after these meetings they decided that they did not want Burke as the man heading up the hockey team.....so why would they wait?

What purpose would it serve to allow a person you did not support continue as the teams President and GM?

It would serve no useful purpose to leave him as a lame duck President and GM. The reason why they hired Nonis, is that the season would be seamless as Nonis handled many of the tasks that he now is responsible for.

I say we are better for this as the circus just left town.

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:04 AM
  #9
keonsbitterness
Registered User
 
keonsbitterness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 10,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
The best time to fire a person .....is when you first decide it.
You really think they made the decision only hours or days before firing him? I sure don't.

keonsbitterness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:21 PM
  #10
WeWantACup
HFB Partner
 
WeWantACup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 498
vCash: 500
I think something happened recently, maybe not that day or the night before. But something that lead them to pull the trigger. If it was planned over months Nonis would have been more prepared for that press confrence. He seemed hurt,shocked and surprised. This was not a move that was months in the making IMHO

WeWantACup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.