HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Setoguchi+Clutterbuck

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2013, 08:37 PM
  #51
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I'd consider Clutterbuck for Hjalmarsson, but I'm pretty much alone in that line of thought among Wild fans.
No. You aren't alone.

Clutter for Hammer straight up is something that I'd do in a less than half a heartbeat.

Future d-pairing of Brodin + Hammer...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 12:02 AM
  #52
JWINK19
southern Devils fan
 
JWINK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wilmington, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Just an interesting thought. Since we're quite loaded on bottom-6, we can afford to move Clutterbuck. As for Setoguchi, well, he interests most of the teams and has quite a lot of value. Besides, we can replace him with Zucker moving forward.

Wild needs: 2nd pairing defensive defenseman and a top-6 power forward.
Volchenkov or Clarkson for one of them? Preferrably Seto.

JWINK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:04 AM
  #53
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns
 
SCinSJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Rafael, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Just an interesting thought. Since we're quite loaded on bottom-6, we can afford to move Clutterbuck. As for Setoguchi, well, he interests most of the teams and has quite a lot of value. Besides, we can replace him with Zucker moving forward.

Wild needs: 2nd pairing defensive defenseman and a top-6 power forward.
How about
Clowe+Braun
for
Setoguchi+Clutterbuck

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:19 AM
  #54
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCinSJ View Post
How about
Clowe+Braun
for
Setoguchi+Clutterbuck
i'd be down with this

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:24 AM
  #55
Sharppi
Nothing to see here
 
Sharppi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCinSJ View Post
How about
Clowe+Braun
for
Setoguchi+Clutterbuck
I'm okay with this. Braun or Demers.

Sharppi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:54 AM
  #56
MK9
Registered User
 
MK9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Andover, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I'd consider Clutterbuck for Hjalmarsson, but I'm pretty much alone in that line of thought among Wild fans.
Nope. I'd be on board for that. I like Clutterbuck, but we've got guys or have guys coming up that can do that job.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:04 AM
  #57
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,144
vCash: 500
obviously not a pf but what about Kessel to the Wild?

Seto, Cal and Coyle or Phillips and Hackett? to much?

pspot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:13 AM
  #58
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,160
vCash: 500
Does Jonathan Blum interest you as a starting point for Setoguchi?

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:34 AM
  #59
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
obviously not a pf but what about Kessel to the Wild?

Seto, Cal and Coyle or Phillips and Hackett? to much?
Setoguchi and Clutterbuck I'd have no problem with. If it's Coyle or Phillips, I'd rather it be Phillips, but their values are equal right now.

Seto, Clutterbuck, 1st rounder, 3rd rounder? Probably wouldn't be the best you could get for him.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:35 AM
  #60
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Does Jonathan Blum interest you as a starting point for Setoguchi?
Not especially.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:38 AM
  #61
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Not especially.
OP said you guys needed a second pairing D. He's NHL ready as a fulltime number 5 and PP guy, and next season I think he could go to second pair.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 09:42 AM
  #62
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
OP said you guys needed a second pairing D. He's NHL ready as a fulltime number 5 and PP guy, and next season I think he could go to second pair.
True, he's just not the specific type of 2nd pairing that I, personally, would be looking for. We kind of already have a couple guys like him in Scandella and Spurgeon. I would be looking for a more established veteran.

Edit: and for Clutterbuck, not Setoguchi. I want to see what he does on Granlund's wing this year.


Last edited by Dr Jan Itor: 01-10-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:04 PM
  #63
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
What about Setoguchi+Haula for Volchenkov? We'd have an actual top 4 and if Coyle and Zucker pan out we still have a very good forward group.

Suter-Gilbert
Volchenkov-Spurgeon

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 03:10 PM
  #64
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 10,026
vCash: 500
Pass. Since 2007-08 he's missed 15, 14, 18, 25 and 10 games per year.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:50 PM
  #65
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,031
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
What about Setoguchi+Haula for Volchenkov? We'd have an actual top 4 and if Coyle and Zucker pan out we still have a very good forward group.

Suter-Gilbert
Volchenkov-Spurgeon
Haula's value is very low right now. I'd rather see what he's capable of and give him a shot at AHL first. If he impresses and (against all expectations) manages to crack the Wild roster, good. If he doesn't, well, he still has more value than now barring a total flop. We can use him as a piece on a bigger trade or trade him for a low pick/prospect.

By the way, some of the suggestions here are quite good. I'd do the Ryan trade personally, I think he'd fit well in our top-6. Yes, cap will be an issue. No, I don't care. Bobby Ryan. Mmmm.

Clowe+Braun for Seto+Cal also sounds good. We know how much Seto loves SJ and would go back there in a heartbeat. The value is there and it fits both teams' needs.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 07:28 PM
  #66
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 500
Meh. I'd rather trade for an LHD since our right side is OK at the moment. We don't really need a top six PWF, that's what Coyle is for. What would it take for Vlasic?

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 10:33 PM
  #67
Chief Brody
Registered User
 
Chief Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
How about this:

To Minnesota:
James Sheppard

To San Jose:
Minnesota's 2013 Third Round Pick

Chief Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:19 PM
  #68
ewoksonhoth
Most People are DJ's
 
ewoksonhoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sadly, Superior, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 954
vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
How about this:

To Minnesota:
James Sheppard

To San Jose:
Minnesota's 2013 Third Round Pick

ewoksonhoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:38 AM
  #69
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 817
vCash: 500
Seto for Bouwmeester?

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:55 AM
  #70
hirawl
Used Register
 
hirawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 639
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Seto for Bouwmeester?
Let's do it.

hirawl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 04:22 AM
  #71
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3
 
SphinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 500
Adding Bobby Ryan to Wild's roster would be as sexy as it gets..

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Zucker - FBJ - Ryan

yum...

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 05:39 AM
  #72
WildisLaw
Just win, baby
 
WildisLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Napa Valley, Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,552
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
Adding Bobby Ryan to Wild's roster would be as sexy as it gets..

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Zucker - FBJ - Ryan

yum...
Cost way too much

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 05:41 AM
  #73
WildisLaw
Just win, baby
 
WildisLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Napa Valley, Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,552
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Haula's value is very low right now. I'd rather see what he's capable of and give him a shot at AHL first. If he impresses and (against all expectations) manages to crack the Wild roster, good. If he doesn't, well, he still has more value than now barring a total flop. We can use him as a piece on a bigger trade or trade him for a low pick/prospect.

By the way, some of the suggestions here are quite good. I'd do the Ryan trade personally, I think he'd fit well in our top-6. Yes, cap will be an issue. No, I don't care. Bobby Ryan. Mmmm.

Clowe+Braun for Seto+Cal also sounds good. We know how much Seto loves SJ and would go back there in a heartbeat. The value is there and it fits both teams' needs.
I want to see how Haula pans out. Clowe is a pylon. We get ***** in that deal.

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.